EDK

WRS Admin
United States
Boise, ID
GTP_EDK
ARCAT Race I :
NASCAR.jpg
GT4 Style

This week, we'll be running our own version of the most popular American race series, at the only NASCAR Track on GT4!

Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car 2001

CamaroInfineonjpg.jpg

Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course

InfineonStock.gif

Thanks to AMG for the track image.

Race Details:

* Mode: Arcade Mode > Time Trial > World Circuits
* Track: Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course
* Make: American > Chevrolet
* Model: Camaro LM Race Car 2001

Vehicle Specifics:

* Power: Stock - 593hp
* Weight: (-10%) 1044kg
* Driving Aids: Any
* Top Speed: Any
* Transmission: Any
* Tyre Type: Racing – Hard (R2's)

Rules

* Please post split times here in the thread and I will maintain a leaderboard. DO NOT discuss full lap times.
* Standard, Clean OLR Rules apply.
* Replay verification will be required from the top 3 times each week.
* I reserve the right to request a replay from any racer.
* Please save your replay for at least 10 days after the race deadline.

Special Instructions

We will be observing NASCAR line rules this week, meaning, there are no line rules. (As Shown below) :dopey: All Hard surfaces are track, just keep at least 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track and stay off the walls.

NascarTurn4.jpg

Race Deadline

* Tuesday, September 9th, 2008 - 7 pm PST (Pacific Standard time, GMT -7 hours)
* Please submit via PM to me (EDK). Please submit only once.

Comments

I tested this with both Medium and Hard tires, and went with the Hards. Trying to make it a bit of a challenge, and to best replicate the handling characteristics of this week's race theme. Hope you guys enjoy, it's a fun ride and the laps are quick. 👍

Preview of Coming Attractions

City course next week, that's all I'm going to say. :sly:

Last edited:
LEADERBOARD

jmgyro --------- 17.396 / 35.872
jump_ace ------ 17.530 / 36.025
Smallhorses ---- 17.466 / 36.081
stidriver -------- 17.616 / 36.323
MadMax86 ----- 17.290 / 36.445
EDK ----------- 17.593 / 36.544
Jake ----------- 17.667 / 36.549
raz_10 --------- 17.676 / 36.825
01GTP --------- 17.800 / 36.906
2078TM -------- 17.966 / 37.021
2k2 Z28 ------- 17.634 / 37.290
nissantuner ---- 17.861 / 37.330
gtbadboy ------ 18.070 / 37.340
Denur ---------- 18.499 / 37.699
marooned ------ 18.378 / 38.244
Bigracer ------- 18.587 / 38.440
Belisario93 ------18.660 / 39.077
killer450235 ---- 18.548 / 39.962
georgetheracer - 19.453 / 41.439

ARCATRaceIResults.jpg

Congrats to jmgyro for breaking into the 1:03's and the overall win. 👍

Congrats also to stidriver and Jump_Ace for their podium finishes.

Thanks for the great turnout in week 1 of the series, I hope you are all able to hang around until the end. :cheers:

Replay Verification

jmgyro -
gflagjn4.gif

stidriver -
gflagjn4.gif

Jump_Ace -
gflagjn4.gif

Smallhorses -
gflagjn4.gif

MadMax86 -
gflagjn4.gif

EDK -
gflagjn4.gif

2k2 Z28 -
gflagjn4.gif

Last edited:
very fun combo, I'm loving it! (no copyright infringement intended)

although I'll have no proof of time, I'll post a few splits up if that's alright. I want to see how I do against some of the experts here at GTP.

very fun combo, I'm loving it! (no copyright infringement intended)

although I'll have no proof of time, I'll post a few splits up if that's alright. I want to see how I do against some of the experts here at GTP.

Post your splits, that's fine. I'll include you on the leaderboard as well.

If your splits or lap time seem questionable, expect to be challenged. I probably would not have to be the one to do that, there are plenty of proven and reputable racers participating here.

I'm not trying to run you off, just a cautionary advance warning. :sly:

Glad you are having fun with it, I know I am. :dopey:

Had a quick blast through this one too, going to be busy with another endurance race for the rest of the week so I mightn't get more chance to look at it.

T1: 17.738
T2: 36.839

T1: 17.941
T2: 37.843

I could drop my T1 sector to about 2+tenths with minimal braking but then, i become very inconsistent.

I also lost traction on big rumble strip on T2 and again on the low speed after that. I'll improve on this time later

Lost .150 on 2nd to last turn

Able to play GT4 again, but I didn't read the instructions. I was keeping my wheels inside the yellow lines so I'll have to abuse that corner next time.

Much better combo than the last wrs infineon stock since this car has good brakes. 👍

17.961 / 37.273

My first attempt, managed these splits on lap 5. I am glad you decided to run this particular combo. As you know this is one of my favorites! Good tire choice and wise decision on the HP. I hope to give this a good shot this week as long as I can keep work at bay.

EDIT: Slight improvement in the 2nd session:

17.814 / 37.027

Last edited:
this was my first clean lap
T1: 0'18.660
T2: 0'39.077

I'll improve, those were horrible laps

Jαke;3141707
17.961 / 37.273

My first attempt, managed these splits on lap 5. I am glad you decided to run this particular combo. As you know this is one of my favorites! Good tire choice and wise decision on the HP. I hope to give this a good shot this week as long as I can keep work at bay.

EDIT: Slight improvement in the 2nd session:

17.814 / 37.027

Nice ones, Jake. And I know you guys like this one, yes. :)

I tried it with more power, but it messed up the braking distances and would probably require softer tires.

I'm planning some HP adjustments for at least one of the combos in the series, but with these being race cars and all, they tend to be plenty fast as stock.

Here are my test session splits -

17.802 / 37.322

Starting a leaderboard now. 👍

Don't know how much more time I'll have but it is a nice combo and fun to drive. I've seen plenty of better times but, I'm pushing way too hard at the end.

I'm sure it goes without saying... but I LOVE this combo!!! 👍 👍

First of many enjoyable run throughs::cool:

:cheers:

1100507040_72c271a37f1.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice combo, Kevin.
I did not run for more than 45 minutes but I did run many laps in a row accident free. I don't know about going outside the rumbles on the right hander after t1 but the inside seems to be much more stable for the car and a much shorter line. And I mean on the inside of the rumble strip on the right.

I have a question about the rules. If we happen to take out a cone here or there is that within the rules?

01GTP 18.089 / 37.106

No cones yet!!

Really nice combo, Kevin.
I did not run for more than 45 minutes but I did run many laps in a row accident free. I don't know about going outside the rumbles on the right hander after t1 but the inside seems to be much more stable for the car and a much shorter line. And I mean on the inside of the rumble strip on the right.

I have a question about the rules. If we happen to take out a cone here or there is that within the rules?

01GTP 18.089 / 37.106

No cones yet!!

Cones are fair game. 👍

And I just put in the line rules so that nobody had to worry about keeping it in tight there or on the entry to the next turn. Still not sure about the fastest line, they both have their merits. ;)

Glad to see you are having fun at it already. :cheers:

Leaderboard updated.

:bowdown: to Kevin for a race series well stewarded - great to have such good guys around at GTP 👍

Infineon was never my favorite, but the Stock course is a little bit better than the Sports version. Those hellish turns and level differences in the first part have always made me crazy ... :)

First splits after only 5 laps with TCS on. I use all tarmac, also way beyond the yellow lines which is apparently allowed this time.

First splits staying inside of yellow lines!
I'll go all out next time :mischievous:
Very good combo!

new splits!

T1:17.861
T2:37.330

2rhvhv9.jpg

This little stunt cost me some time so I'll make another run later tonight

new splits!

T1:17.861
T2:37.330

This little stunt cost me some time so I'll make another run later tonight

Nice ones. 👍 Got your new splits on the board and it's up to date.

You know that happened because you are using the blue car, right? :sly:

The red car handles much better. :dopey:

lol, maybe i can my red camaro to run that kind of pace and exceed it?

and your avatar, gave me an idea. A GT Legends theme of races in GT4 :). on sport tires of course

Sorry I've been away, will try this now :)

Okay this one was tricky as I rarely race on the Stock Car course (as you guys saw in the last SFGTP in my Mazda...weee!) But taking a late outside apex is very nice, now I just need to get my T1 to something close to Jack (very nice btw buddy).

T1 - 17.636 (:ouch:)
T2 - 36.340
Final - Pretty good I'd say, my replay before I decided to stop for a quick bite to eat at a local pub in the middle of that damn hairpin, haha.

Jerome

Last edited:
Hey Kevin, do you mind if I compete "unofficially" in your series here? It's a damn lot of fun, but I don't have an AR Max to verify my times. I just want to post splits and see how I stack up, you don't have to include me in the results. :) I don't have anything for guys like Zikwik anyway. :crazy:

So, using the black car (definitely the fastest, looks like Dale Earnhardt's old car :dopey:), I've been totally addicted to this combo. I just got a lap with these splits...

T1 - 17.499
T2 - 35.916

T1 was crap but the rest of the lap was blazing. I saw a 17.302 (!) for T1 once, was .2-.3 ahead of my ghost before the hairpin, and then messed up the easiest braking point on the course and plowed into the wall on exit. Nevertheless, I think this is as fast as I'll end up going. Inconsistency always kills me. :ouch:

Edit: Forgot to say, 280 gears (270=wheelspin) and no first or second gear. 3rd actually has a fair bit of power down low and it won't light up the tires too easily.

Last edited:
I don't have time right now, but I will respond to Austin's question and the resulting comments later tonight. 👍

Thanks for that. 👍 And of course I can just run the combos on my own without posting anything if you'd rather an unverified racer not compete.

So, using the black car (definitely the fastest, looks like Dale Earnhardt's old car :dopey:), I've been totally addicted to this combo. I just got a lap with these splits...

I almost said the Red or Black one in that post. I did not make the Dale Sr. connection before, but it's definitely there. 👍

Hey Kevin, do you mind if I compete "unofficially" in your series here? It's a damn lot of fun, but I don't have an AR Max to verify my times. I just want to post splits and see how I stack up, you don't have to include me in the results. :) I don't have anything for guys like Zikwik anyway. :crazy:

OK - Here's where I stand on the replay front. First, here are the rules I posted for the race -

Rules

* Please post split times here in the thread and I will maintain a leaderboard. DO NOT discuss full lap times.
* Standard, Clean OLR Rules apply.
* Replay verification will be required from the top 3 times each week.
* I reserve the right to request a replay from any racer.

* Please save your replay for at least 10 days after the race deadline.

Let's use last week's results and the current leaderboard as examples. For last week's race, I KNOW that I could get verifiable replays from the top 9 racers, out of 10. 4 of the top 5 have posted their replays. This week's current leaderboard, I KNOW I could get replays from 10 of the top 11 racers.

So, the top 3 racers need to post replays. That's for the benefit of the rest of the drivers to learn from, and to maintain integrity in the series.

The replays I reserve the right to request. This is for drivers that have not proven their abilities with posted .max replays in past GTP events, or for drivers that perform beyond levels they have posted in the past. For example, if a WRS D3 driver posts a time that is faster than many other D2 drivers, I will request a replay. If an unproven racer posts a time that is faster than many proven racers, I will request a replay.

So, Austin343, here's my position on your participation - You can post in here and participate, but I will not include your times on the leaderboard or in the results. That's out of respect for the other racers who can prove their times, and to maintain the integrity of the series.

Also, I'll provide fair notice to nissantuner. Your posted splits are currently in range with several WRS D2 drivers. So, if your submitted time puts you in that range, I will request a .max replay from you.

I need to stress, this is out of fairness to racers who can prove their times and to maintain the integrity of the series. I welcome all participants of all abilities, but if you are fast, I expect you to be able to prove it. I was up front in the rules for that reason.

Thanks to all for your participation so far this week, it's much appreciated. 👍

Last edited:
Yep, that's basically all I expected and/or wanted. 👍 I understand completely, and I probably will run the rest and post here, if only as a "guest", that is, as not actually part of the competition. Thanks for letting me race. :D Have fun, all! :cheers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back