Are Microtransactions the future of GranTurismo?(with poll)

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 19 comments

Would you like to see microtransactions in future GT games?

• Total voters
I don't think so. I mean, usually games that have one will block the player in any way to get rewards. But in GT6, player can easily get credits from seasonals and recently RedBull Challenges. You even give a free new car and in the future, free DLC. It seems that Kaz disagrees about MT. (I'd appreciate that, though on the other hand the MT do very expensive indeed)

a HUGE YES for monthly CAR / Livery / trackpack / AI race sessions / modules to improve the gameplay replayability

a definite NO for strictly CR as Sony has dictated its way on their PSN store with GT6

I wouldn't care if the game wasn't adjusted in order to persuade people to buy in-game money. This is a game; not real life. Make it fun.

I'm sure big gaming companies like PD have enough money and earnings to be pushing this kind of rubbish into their fans. It really makes them look bad and loose trust from their eldest followers.

Again, if they want to add this as an alternative for the very few people who like to play along with this nonesense, then go ahead; but don't alter the enjoyment of the rest of us which are the majority by destroying the game experience.

Gran Turismo as a franchise is already agonizing. The micro-transactions are just making it worst. You have to remember GT2 and GT4, PD. You reached perfection with those two games. You chose to destroy that, and you can choose to bring it back.

Do you guys think there is a chance that Kaz would answer a question like this?
Or give a statement about microtransactions?

I also would like to know who decides that MT should or should not be in GT? Sony or PD?
sorry for my bad englisch

Last edited:
Console games need to stop with the whole "free cell phone game" gimmicks.

I did not download a free game. I paid a lot more then a free phone game. And I didnt get the 1mill bonus for the late buyers. Why should we be treated like we are playing one? Why do the people loyal to the company(pre orders) get the shaft with the 1mill? Why cant you give free in game credits like R* for a flawed game? Are you really just about the money and not the fans?

As mentioned earlier - paid DLC - yes, I'm all for it - provided it is priced reasonably.
For the credit micro transactions - I'd see a future for them if they were actually micro i.e. $0.50 per $1 million credits. At it stands currently in GT6 the MACRO transactions are just daylight robbery!

I agree. Proper paid DLC is worthwhile. Necessary, forced purchases are NOT!

I bought the TRACK/CAR/BONUSSES DLC for 5. It was a good deal.

But I NEVER considered buying ANY of the other paid DLC. It just wasn't interesting enough to me. (And I didn't feel like ONE car was worth going through a purchase for.)

But, I would GLADLY pay for the tracks and events from the previous GT games! :)

Last edited:
I voted yes, as long as it doesn't consume the GT series. It's a nice thing to fall back on.

The golden rule is that if it's not a free-to-play, it should never have any microtransactions whatsoever. Forza Motorsport 5 got some criticism by is fanbase for this and Turn10 listened. Polyphony Digital should do the same.

Get rid of this micro-transaction malarkey, I say. Dunno whose "bright" idea it was, but it certainly messed up GT6's economy noticeably. No prize cars. Pathetic credit payouts. Nicer cars costing millions. I don't have time nor the patience to grind credits for an unreasonable amount of time, but I'm not gonna fork out $60 for in-game credits that I can't even buy cars I want either. 👎👎

I don't necessarily think that micro-transactions are directly to blame for the game's poor economy. GT4 and GT5 had pretty poor economies as well. I remember grinding for the Toyota Rally Raid Car in GT4 to get a few credits. It was only when Seasonals came out in GT5 that grinding wasn't so necessary.

I think the main problem would be to have better payouts in offline events. Then again this leads to the other problem which is that racing offline is boring as hell.

Good thing I did the VGT glitch at the beginning.

I think that the problem is that we don't have enough OPTIONS to keep our interest.

Think about it this way: I like racing, but, honestly, I'm getting bored of it.

If I could self-generate races (even with some general buttons like "easy, med, hard challenge", then "short, med, long races", then "easy med hard tracks" I would be FAR more interested in seeing what races could come up. I wish that the seasonals and quick match could have even two tracks and two lengths to be joined to per level.....

The other thing is, I don't ALWAYS want to race. Sometimes, I would like to create something. So give me a livery editor and/or track generator. I could spend QUITE a lot of time building a track. Maybe some time building a livery. I like the idea of photo mode, but staging shots aren't my forte. (I rather stink at it....)

So, it's not all about credits. It's about the overall experience.

And there aren't enough options to keep me seriously interested or coming back. Mind you, I race every day. But, I wish I could do something else when I log in, as well.

The pricing model for cr is so warped, its comical.

And the DLC epic failure of the past two games, leaves so much to be desired, it was comical, it is now disgraceful.

I really hold no hope for A. The likelihood of effective micro-transactions and B. PD listening to any of us for what we want, which is NO MICRO-TRANSACTIONS.

1-2 DLC packs a month for a reasonable price, with MODERN NEW CARS WE WANT, Thanks PD, good work, otherwise just put in as many relevant new and classic cars as possible and give up, please.

I won't say "give up", but I will say to please keep building. Maybe with double the number of modelers, those who write the code won't be modeling.....

We shall see.

Back