Will you keep playing Gran Turismo 7 despite the current controversy?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 182 comments

Will you keep playing Gran Turismo 7 despite the current controversy?

• Yes

Votes: 267 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 92 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're right about "work", you need to make the game your part time job.
Ha!

But nah yeah nah, 'cause if you think you need to spend hours and hours grinding to make enough credits to buy a car right now, you're showing the instant gratification mentality.

Just start up the game and enjoy the racing! Forget about the multimillion credit cars until later on, when you have the credits to afford one of them.

Ha!

But nah yeah nah, 'cause if you think you need to spend hours and hours grinding to make enough credits to buy a car right now, you're showing the instant gratification mentality.

Just start up the game and enjoy the racing! Forget about the multimillion credit cars until later on, when you have the credits to afford one of them.
Not wanting to waste a better part of a day grinding boring laps for a car that dosent even have a Chamopinshio nor do you even need it for any races at all is basic logic and common sense for most adults. Not remotely instant gratification but such bs is all the defence Gt apologists can muster for this pathetic sad excuse of a game.

What racing do you speak of ??????

Rolling starts with lead car 40 seconds ahead is not racing.

The issue is that with a proper economy and respect for the players, this could be the absolute best driving game of all time. PD have created an incredible gameplay and sensual experience, and it makes you want to see everything the game has to offer. Unfortunately they've decided to cash in to the extreme and hide much of it behind a pay wall, which is inexcusable and frankly cynical. It's a game, it's supposed to let you live out the things you can't do in real life, not simulate exclusivity.

I'll keep playing because it's fun, but I do have a limit and once that's crossed, there's no going back for me; it's just the way I am. I wonder where that line is for this hobby.
People need to stop using the term "paywall"
There is no paywall. IE: You can only access items by purchasing them with real money. This is not the case in GT7.

The actual case is how the game's currency system has been design to make players credit acquisition incredibly slow, there is absolutely no denying this (unless you're ignoration to obvious changes that slow down credit progression is pretty much all manors of GT7 compared its predecessors).

Then you add the above, with the fact they have a rotation of high value, time limited cars... Its a clear push to make people want them now and most will only be left to purchase overpriced MTX if they want to collect all these cars before they disappear for an unknown quantity of time.

Most wouldn't be upset by MTX if they;
A: Didn't purposely slow down the games currency systems to push people towards them
B. Made MTX in values that actually gave them value (ie.. the values you purchase for the price you purchase them for is out by a factor of 10)

They way this game has been designed is like a Free to Play game that users expect to buy overpriced items for, or spend a ridiculous amount of time grinding for.... But this is a full priced game that people expected a decent grind from but not this absolutely over the top grind they have created after they last update.

I already don't know what to do (please don't start with a pointless list of pointless offline events I could do). I'm not having fun and I have zero incentive to play.
This is definitely the GT title I've played the least at release.
I can praise PD all I want for the graphics and physics..... It's not enough.

- The fun factor for me isn't there.

- The credits aren't there, literally. And we all know they're not enough to do what we want to do.

- The tuning setups still cannot be shared between players

- The challenges are not challenges....To describe them I could use the following words: frustration, torture, trolling by PD.

- The car list is basically the same as GTS (that we've been playing since 2017). A handful of new cars/cars from the past in GT7 is just an ILLUSION of a "refreshing"car list, many cars and even some car makers were removed since previous titles. I could make a huge list, but I'm not really motivated to make it right now.
A few examples:
Where's ANY Lotus?
Where's the Suzuki Escudo
Where's the Toyota GT-One
Where's the Nissan R390?
Where's the Ferrari FXX?
Where's the Ferrari 430 Scuderia?
Where's the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale?
Where's the Alfa Romeo 147
Where's the LFA?
Where's the Subaru WRX STi 2004, 2006, 2009?
And so on...
Many cars/car makers were never even added...
The thing is that even with the payouts we got I could never afford any of these. So what the hell...

- The track list is basically the same as GTS (that we've been playing since 2017). A handful of tracks coming back in GT7 such as Daytona and a couple of GT-made tracks that I never really cared about just give al ILLUSION of a "refreshing" track list.
Where's Silverstone?
Where's Twin Ring Motegi?
Where's Tokyo Route 246? (I miss it so much)
Where's Ascari? (I really loved it in GT6)
Where's Seattle?
Where's Rome?
Where's Madrid?
Where's Cote D'Azur?
And some that were never to be seen in GT....
Where's Mugello?
Where's Road Atlanta?
Where's Sebring?
Where's Road America?
Where's Bugatti Circuit (at La Sarthe)
Where's Yas Marina?
Where's Hockenheim?

Last edited:
- The track list is basically the same as GTS (that we've been playing since 2017). A handful of tracks coming back in GT7 such as Daytona and a couple of GT-made tracks that I never really cared about just give al ILLUSION of a "refreshing" track list.
This still honestly remains the biggest issue for me in terms of the actual content. As I've said before, this is the first mainline Gran Turismo game that has launched with ZERO totally new tracks. Not one. Nothing fresh at all, unless you count the new corners on Deep Forest and Trial Mountain.

GT2:
Apricot Hill
Grindelwald
Laguna Seca
Midfield Raceway
Motor Sports Land
Pikes Peak
Red Rock Valley
Rome
Seattle
Smokey Mountain
Tahiti Maze
Tahiti Road

GT3:
Complex String
Monaco
Super Speedway
Swiss Alps
Tokyo R246

GT4:
Le Mans
Fuji
Infineon
Nurburgring
Suzuka
Tsukuba
Motegi
El Capitan
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Paris
Hong Kong
New York
Seoul
Cathedral Rocks
Chamonix
Grand Canyon
Ice Arena

GT5:
Daytona
Indianapolis
Monza
Top Gear TT
Cape Ring
Eiger Nordwand
London
New Rome
Madrid
Toscana

GT6:
Brands Hatch
Goodwood
Silverstone
Willow Springs
Ascari Race Resort
Bathurst
Matterhorn

GTS:
Interlagos
Alsace
Maggiore
Broad Bean
Blue Moon Bay
Dragon Trail
Kyoto
Northern Isle
Tokyo Expressway
Colorado Springs
Fisherman's Ranch
Sardegna

GT7:
NONE

This still honestly remains the biggest issue for me in terms of the actual content. As I've said before, this is the first mainline Gran Turismo game that has launched with ZERO totally new tracks. Not one. Nothing fresh at all, unless you count the new corners on Deep Forest and Trial Mountain.

GT2:
Apricot Hill
Grindelwald
Laguna Seca
Midfield Raceway
Motor Sports Land
Pikes Peak
Red Rock Valley
Rome
Seattle
Smokey Mountain
Tahiti Maze
Tahiti Road

GT3:
Complex String
Monaco
Super Speedway
Swiss Alps
Tokyo R246

GT4:
Le Mans
Fuji
Infineon
Nurburgring
Suzuka
Tsukuba
Motegi
El Capitan
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Paris
Hong Kong
New York
Seoul
Cathedral Rocks
Chamonix
Grand Canyon
Ice Arena

GT5:
Daytona
Indianapolis
Monza
Top Gear TT
Cape Ring
Eiger Nordwand
London
New Rome
Madrid
Toscana

GT6:
Brands Hatch
Goodwood
Silverstone
Willow Springs
Ascari Race Resort
Bathurst
Matterhorn

GTS:
Interlagos
Alsace
Maggiore
Broad Bean
Blue Moon Bay
Dragon Trail
Kyoto
Northern Isle
Tokyo Expressway
Colorado Springs
Fisherman's Ranch
Sardegna

GT7:
NONE
I got a tear in my eye reading that. So many tracks that I forgot to mention. The more I think about it, the angrier I get.
And that "GT7: NONE" is a real slap in the face of all fans.
I can understand licensing issues for some real tracks. But the rest? PD are owned by Sony, they have been outsourcing, they've made so much money, they've been working on it for YEARS, having GTS as the base project for GT7...

I'm simply lost for words.

Ha!

It’s not about instant gratification. It’s about the game having an economy so poor that one needs to give up life in order to ever obtain all of them, which is the long-term objective of GT7.

It’s not about instant gratification. It’s about the game having an economy so poor that one needs to give up life in order to ever obtain all of them, which is the long-term objective of GT7.
There is literally no middle ground between 2 weeks and 10 years. If you want it in less than 10 years, you want it in that magic "2 weeks" everyone keeps talking about.

I'll continue playing it for a bit until i get the Platinum trophy (yes I'm one of those people) since I'm already pretty close to achieving it.

Afterwards, it's likely that i won't come back until maybe a while later when they introduce proper new content and/or they fixed everything wrong with their game so far.

In the meanwhile, I'll definitely move back to something like Yakuza Kiwami 2 or Forza Horizon 5. Maybe even play some classic PS2 titles with my relatives. I'm not much of a "gamer" nowadays and education means less freetime in general (majoring in I.T was a mistake but oh well).

Last edited:
I like Sport mode so probably yes I will. Tough choice though as I've also started playing iRacing and that's basically Sport mode but with longer races and proper qualifying. But GT has more players and more frequent races. Tough decision. Maybe both!

I'll play this game more than anyone I know outside of cyberworld, I do work full time doin 12.5hr shifts which means some of the events already on the game I can't do which I accept as the shifts I work mean I can't do round 3 of the 5 or whatever. What does annoy me is the fact I'll play this more than anyone I know but I'll never own certain cars that I'd love to and I paid full price and pre-ordered the thing. It's not as if I want them immediately, I do like working for things in games. What I don't like is the fact I'll never ever own a 917k or an F1 because I haven't got time to do 20odd hour grinds in a few days before the cars disappear. By the time they come back around I won't be playing as intensely anymore so I'll have even less.

Why they've put a limit on how much credits you can save is ridiculous. Basically they are telling me to ever afford these cars I've got to play for weeks on end and save 20 million while not buying anything else. Then while I'm waiting for an F1 or 917k to pop back up on the game I can buy the odd car here and there making sure my credits never fall below 18.5 million.

They've basically sold half a game at full price that I'll never fully own

As it is last night after a day out with the kids come 7 I opened a bottle of wine stuck the ps4 on and like most of the nights sat down to grind away 7 till 10 ish , making money to buy cars.

The most pleasure I get from the game is time trail. I just love buying a car tuning it then spending lap after lap tweeking it to perfection.... but that earns nothing and costs a lot so I must put in the work for the play.

I managed 3 races last night looked at what I earned ... switched it off and went and did something else :(

I look at the legendary cars as non-essential, because of the cars that are in the legendary line-up, how many are actually essential to completing races? None.
The only car I’ve bought from the legend car dealer is the Shelby GT350 because it was such a steal (178.000 credits), but you’re right.

They’re non-essential otherwise so I don’t see a reason to be spending hours and hours grinding away to obtain one or wasting real world money on micro transactions at this stage for something that has nothing designed for them to be specifically to be raced. They’re literal museum pieces for now anyway.

Last edited:
There is literally no middle ground between 2 weeks and 10 years. If you want it in less than 10 years, you want it in that magic "2 weeks" everyone keeps talking about.
Of course there is a middle ground, and it's the same middle ground as always...
Check out previous GTs and you'll realise every GT you needed to spend a hell of a lot of time playing to get the necessary money to buy all cars... Some more, some less. But a lot was required in all of them. Let's say, on average, between 1 and 3 years depending on how many hours a day you play.
You guys have short memories or are probably teenagers who never played most of the old games.

Also stop pooing in my comments, go to the toilet please. 😂

Last edited:
You guys have short memories or are probably teenagers who never played most of the old games.
I've played every one from day 1, the grind has varied, but arguably grind shouldn't exist in any well designed title, regardless of genre.

GT has managed to get away with it on legacy up until now, GT7 however has taken it to an extreme not seen in a GT title before, not helped by PD doubling down when people rightly raised it as an issue, and actually increasing the grind.

As has been detailed right here on GT Planet in our article, GT 7 has the worst grind of any title in the series, as while GT 5 is harder on that final list, that doesn't account for the bonuses that existed when the title was live and the servers up.

I'll keep playing despite the in-game economy. I am enjoying tuning the cars I got from the Menu missions.

I don't mind waiting for weeks (or months) for my desired Legend/Used car to return. I'll eventually get it. No rush.

Yes, I love it. I have all GT games since I started playing on PS1 and when GT8 or whatever will be called gets released I'd buy it as well.

Last edited:
Back