Are my Lap Times good?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FelipeMartins
  • 65 comments
  • 7,068 views
How rubbish is 8'40.3 on the 'ring with an unmodified caterham 7 on sports hard (stock tyre)?
 
Breaking the rules is breaking the rules though... So whether he broke them one time or twenty times, the lap should be disqualified.

I haven't said the lap shouldn't be disqualified. Each forum has there own rules. I can imagine why they count this as clean, because the driver didn't gain anytime from it.
 
How rubbish is 8'40.3 on the 'ring with an unmodified caterham 7 on sports hard (stock tyre)?

I got about 8'30" with the gear ratios posted here, otherwise stock. That was with several (some large) mistakes, so although I'd hesitate to say your time is "rubbish", it is likely you could do much better :)
 
You guys are childish. :)

@OP: do the seasonals (time attack #15) with the Peugot HDi & then you can see how good you are compared with the times posted from players around the world. :dopey:👍

You will get a rank for your time and you can see how slow or fast you are. You can also watch the replay of the top 10. Save it, load the gost from the replay & improve your skillz.

Note: it's not all about driving skillz, tuning skillz are very important here. :sly:
 
You guys are childish. :)

@OP: do the seasonals (time attack #15) with the Peugot HDi & then you can see how good you are compared with the times posted from players around the world. :dopey:👍

You will get a rank for your time and you can see how slow or fast you are. You can also watch the replay of the top 10. Save it, load the gost from the replay & improve your skillz.

Note: it's not all about driving skillz, tuning skillz are very important here. :sly:

Funny calling people childish for wanting real racing rules, yet you spell the word "skills" like a five year old.
 
I got about 8'30" with the gear ratios posted here, otherwise stock. That was with several (some large) mistakes, so although I'd hesitate to say your time is "rubbish", it is likely you could do much better :)

Haha yeahhh I'm trying to shave time off of it. An embarressment to me though is I can't get below 7:47 on the 'ring with the GT-R. I need to practice BIG time in order to even take 20 seconds off it :indiff: . Need some serious patience too:tdown:
 
7:22s in a half tuned (490-ish pp) Lotus Elise on the Nurb, oh.....and using a DS too, could probably shave that with my wheel but time will tell.

Oddly enough I can't get close to the GT-R trophy! Fastest was a 7:40s. I have a plan though, to tune a GT-R and set a hot lap then use it as a pace/chase car to try and bag the trophy withought thinking about it. Should work I think. :)
 
7:22s in a half tuned (490-ish pp) Lotus Elise on the Nurb, oh.....and using a DS too, could probably shave that with my wheel but time will tell.

Oddly enough I can't get close to the GT-R trophy! Fastest was a 7:40s. I have a plan though, to tune a GT-R and set a hot lap then use it as a pace/chase car to try and bag the trophy withought thinking about it. Should work I think. :)

Yeah, as I get faster I suddenly think 'this is for a trophy don't mess up' then BAM I oversteer or understeer and the lap goes to pot. Even 7'40 seems years away at the moment.
 
You guys are childish. :)

@OP: do the seasonals (time attack #15) with the Peugot HDi & then you can see how good you are compared with the times posted from players around the world. :dopey:👍

You will get a rank for your time and you can see how slow or fast you are. You can also watch the replay of the top 10. Save it, load the gost from the replay & improve your skillz.

Note: it's not all about driving skillz, tuning skillz are very important here. :sly:

i hate that people are doing this... 394BHP thats like 50% of that cars power, its lame people ruin time trials with a race car. you should olny be about to decrease by 10% at the most
 
I need to know too

Sarthe 2009:
Audi R10 TDI '06 3:24.716
I know it's okay fast, but is there anyone who has a better time, so I have something to aim for? :)


I did a 3:23.1xx with the R10, but with racing softs + turbocharger lvl2 (700PP limit)

edit: We are talking about the actual track with chicanes right (cause some other dude posted a time from the non chicane layout

BTW dont be so harsh on zocker 16, he is very skilled, that lap was dirty, but he is one of the best GT5 racers I have seen so far. Only a handful people could beat him in this game.
 
BTW dont be so harsh on zocker 16, he is very skilled, that lap was dirty, but he is one of the best GT5 racers I have seen so far. Only a handful people could beat him in this game.
That lap is not from zocker, just saying.
 
Last edited:
In my opinion if you can get the GTR trophy you are doing pretty well(I'm a few seconds off still :-( ) and if you relate it to real life of which GT5 is trying to be, it is a high mantle... I mean there is controversy about that time anyway. So going too much over that means you are probably exploiting flaws in the coding more than anything else, I've read a few professional drivers say this is the problem with gaming.

Also I really hate blatant corner cutting laps, I know the guys can drive because the other 98% of their lap is amazing. To need to defy general racing rules just ruins things in my view, so I identify with the negative comments here.
 
I did a 3:23.1xx with the R10, but with racing softs + turbocharger lvl2 (700PP limit)

edit: We are talking about the actual track with chicanes right (cause some other dude posted a time from the non chicane layout

BTW dont be so harsh on zocker 16, he is very skilled, that lap was dirty, but he is one of the best GT5 racers I have seen so far. Only a handful people could beat him in this game.

Erickiller21

3:21.285 in the R10 at Le Sarthe 2009 w/chicanes no aids except abs:1. This car should be as fast as the top lmp cars but pd got the car wrong

Yeah, it's the one with the chicanes.
Nice laps, I'll give it another go now.
 
Getting better times on Nordschleife is just trying to brake as late as possible for each corner and trying to maintain a higher corner speed than your previous lap...If they tyres aren't squealing, you're not going fast enough.

Because of the lack of track space, a less than perfect line will not damage your lap times that much, just youtube people who have completed the challenge and try to beat/equal their cornering speeds and you will pass it, this is exactly the same approach you should take to the expert seasonal events...
 
Deffinitely need to take any tips I can get that's for sure! 👍
 
Yeah, it's the one with the chicanes.
Nice laps, I'll give it another go now.

Make sure you use racing softs. Today I found out that I have always been using racing hards xD
Then I tried it again with racing softs and did a 3:21.1xx (I took a picture as proof, but I failed, the last two numbers can`t be seen xD)
 
Funny calling people childish for wanting real racing rules, yet you spell the word "skills" like a five year old.

You can see my uzername? :D

I mean it's childish to discuss it. PD already improved the disqualifying for the Ring (all the shortcutting fields). I don't think that it's now possible to use "field riding" as an advantage. :sly:

I wish PD would set the grip level on kerbs & grass to "realistic" as standard. Then the topic "shortcutting" would be done. 👍

i hate that people are doing this... 394BHP thats like 50% of that cars power, its lame people ruin time trials with a race car. you should olny be about to decrease by 10% at the most

Yea, that's why you used the Audi TDi in the seasonal. :lol:

Race car or not, doesn't matter. If they can't use a race car due to the regulations, then they pick one of the (S) street cars with racing car downforce (Nissan R390 Road Car, Honda NSX LM Road Car,...).

It's PD's fault for not balancing the cars fairly. Also i am sick from seeing (S) cars dominating the leaderboards. I want competitive premiums (addicted to the cockpit view). :dopey:👍
 
7'38.6 on the ring with Gt-R now....only to be disqualified :indiff:
 
Some of you sounding a bit strange.

Some of you really think, if i would drive 100% with 4wheels ontrack would make me slower by 10seconds or more?

Btw... holloi is also very often with more than 1wheel offtrack.
 
Dont worry about them mate,

Your lap is very quick 👍. If the rules allow it, the the rules allow it.

I'm 99% sure if we setup a challenge where your not allowed to touch the grass you would still post a fantastic time.

:cheers:

As someone who has tried to lap the ring in competition with Dan Holland and fallen short by 3 seconds, I give you massive respect.
 
Some of you sounding a bit strange.

Some of you really think, if i would drive 100% with 4wheels ontrack would make me slower by 10seconds or more?

Btw... holloi is also very often with more than 1wheel offtrack.
I haven't watched Dan's full lap, and without disrespect, your lap there is dirty by standard OLR rules.
I agree with Wes (W-G-E) that you didn't gain from it, it comes down to gaining by not restarting. Because you'd have to run the whole lap just as good, except the parts in question you'd have to run better, not saying you can't, just that you didn't.
It's a great lap, and if I could run that lap with that tiny bit of dirty, I'd be thrilled.

At the end of the day everybody has the same rules, as long as exploits aren't involved, at some point people have to deal with it.

I see some people complaining more than 2 wheels, (which is fair given OLR standard) but I also see 1 wheel off, and some suggesting no wheels off should be allowed.

None of these rules are a standard in real life.
Each series has their own rules and regulations, and I've seen in almost every road race I've watched most all the drivers put at least two wheels past a rumble strip.


Dont worry about them mate,

Your lap is very quick 👍. If the rules allow it, the the rules allow it.

I'm 99% sure if we setup a challenge where your not allowed to touch the grass you would still post a fantastic time.

:cheers:

As someone who has tried to lap the ring in competition with Dan Holland and fallen short by 3 seconds, I give you massive respect.
This too. Except I lost to him by 4 seconds. ;) (For those curious we were 3rd and 4th, respectively)

I should say by GT5 rules, which were no doubt the technical guidelines, obviously any lap not red-flagged for this is valid, even if 4 wheels go off without red-flagging it.

As they say, "It is what it is".
 
7:20.124 Corvette ZR-1 (stock)
6:23.572 Zonda R (stock)
Both without corner cuting.

How much room for improvement?
 
7:20.124 Corvette ZR-1 (stock)
6:23.572 Zonda R (stock)
Both without corner cuting.

How much room for improvement?
In my early wheel/GT5 days I managed a 7:17.xxx with the ZR-1, I'm sure a 7:10 if not lower can be done.

The catch is, the more you cut corners, the more different cars gain. The GT-R is a perfect example of this, with it's uber-transmission and AWD, it grips and goes in grass, whereas the ZR-1 can't put it's power down at all without pavement.
My best ACR time is 7:16.xxx FYI. ;) Without the real cars adjustable suspension and downforce.
 
Was ZR1 done with a clutch and gear stick? I cannot get anywhere near your time (you're a better driver pbviously but I could get closer surely)
 
Ok...I'm a newbie to no ABS, locking up is slightly new to me :p brake bias is 4:2...and I don't mean to hijack your thread kind sir :lol: but I think it's better to post them in one place than start a new thread :)

De La Sarthe with chicanes: stock 458 sports hard tyres 4'22.070 (no aids)

Fuji speedway F: stock Murcielago lp640 sports hard tyres 1'51.458 (no aids)

Eiger Nordwand: Lp560 (stage 1 weight reduction and aero) sports hard tyres 1'10.478

Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Back