Are new seasonals still weekly?

• Thread starter ildd
  • 47 comments
United States
Houston, TX
ryandude2448
On GT5, there would be new seasonals every Thursday at midnight, but with GT6 they have came through updates. Are there going to be less seasonals or will they still be weekly?

They should be every Thursday like normal. I'm guessing for some reason they haven't been updated today, I guess it's because the PSN servers were down last night.

I was just wondering where the new Seasonal was. Let's hope this is just a one time thing and it won't snowball into weeks, or even months, without a new race (or set of races) being added.

And why are they call Seasonals? They have nothing to do with seasons, the changing of the seasons, or being released once per season. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Lol, apparently you haven't been to California @OpticZero every week is a new season. It rained last week, this week its 82 degrees with dry dust. PD is giving a shout out to places where each week is a different season, they are trying to appeal to their diverse consumer base. Well damn it PD, I am appealed. :P

I'm assuming that PD is gearing up for the 2 seasonals that are going to hand out extra ordinary payouts.

After these 2 have been done with, we could see the weekly updates as before.

They should be every Thursday like normal. I'm guessing for some reason they haven't been updated today, I guess it's because the PSN servers were down last night.

That seemed like a logical conclusion until I went on GT5 yesterday and saw that there was a new seasonal listed for 26/12 which would beg the question: If the servers were down, why did it not affect GT5? Wonder whether it's due to, as previously noted, the longer festive seasonals maybe?

Shrug. We got used to seasonals each week in GT5. AFAIK, there was no official promise to release new seasonals each week. Anyway, there are bigger fish to fry wrt GT6, like community features, course maker and even B-Spec, so let's hope that they're working on the missing elements. There will be plenty of seasonals. Give it time. They didn't have a consistent flood of weekly content at first in GT5 either, as I recall. You all sitting at first place on the current list of seasonals? Know how to tune an MR car in GT6, with the massive changes to MR physics? (point is, there's plenty to do unless you've obsessively completed the game already and don't do online.)

And why are they call Seasonals? They have nothing to do with seasons, the changing of the seasons, or being released once per season. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Look up the definition of 'season' and you will find it can have much more meaning than simply the periods of time. A thing can be 'seasoned': you can add flavor or enhance things with added flavor (or in GT6, content); you can be a 'seasoned' person meaning a person has been 'rendered competent through trial and experience'; so maybe seasonals are intended to be something added to GT6 to give it extra flavor OR maybe because they are associated with leaderboards they are intended for the seasoned GT6 players.

My opinion would be to find someone who understands Japanese and see what the English is translating because it could be a very loose or difficult term to translate into other languages.

I'm more interested in getting a non-time trial seasonal, seriously 7 TTs? Not that I disliked them, but would love a series I can play again and again, a championship seasonal would be awesome (but that's probably dreaming), I've done my 7 TTs, got my pay outs, and now that's it, if they were repeatable, I might not mind the time trials (do a lap, gold, pay out, repeat), but as it is, you get a soft set of claps and are sent on your way.

I'm more interested in getting a non-time trial seasonal, seriously 7 TTs? ...

Seems a lot doesn't it? I have a whacky theory... *maybe PD is trying to get us practiced in the new physics modeling by having us drive the time trials? Since most people won't gold them the first time around, or even the second...or third... It might even take many people dozens of practice laps to win the gold (or even the bronze) and its booty, no?

My theory is that this time we won't have any seasonal races. Think for a second, if we had seasonal races as GT5, the microtransactions would be pointless because you could just grind the money that you wanted without spending anything so they just makes seasonal TT every two weeks with a single payout.

My theory is that this time we won't have any seasonal races. Think for a second, if we had seasonal races as GT5, the microtransactions would be pointless because you could just grind the money that you wanted without spending anything so they just makes seasonal TT every two weeks with a single payout.

You can grind the NASCAR races with a 200% multiplier and get way more than enough after a while, same with the 200% on the seasonal TTs. They're not stopping because of microtransactions.

Here we go again...another week goes by and another week without a Seasonal Event. C'mon, PD. Get with the times; game content needs to be added now. You're able to do it with GT5; why can't you do it with GT6?

Here we go again...another week goes by and another week without a Seasonal Event. C'mon, PD. Get with the times; game content needs to be added now. You're able to do it with GT5; why can't you do it with GT6?

I was expecting an update in the Seasonals as well!

maybe they are planning something big i.e. 1:03 patch. The guys might be busy in giving it the final touches because they know we are always there to point out the glitches.

Keep a positive mind because this game will surely see a magnitude of updates, seasonals & TT's. All this keeps me smiling anyhow.

In GT5 the time trials were every 2 weeks and the AI races were every 2 weeks, so we got something every week but it alternated.
So far GT6 seems to just be giving time trials, so every 2 weeks.

Perhaps the other bi-weekly seasonal slot is for something which will incorporate the new B-spec once released, and so we are now waiting for the big AI update before that slot gets used?

...Perhaps the other bi-weekly seasonal slot is for something which will incorporate the new B-spec once released...

Gosh, I hope not. B-Spec is the biggest waste of time and space that has ever existed in GT.

...and an added race is an added race; don't really care what format it is, they messed up...it's pretty simple.

I was hoping for a new seasonal today (with races given we had TT last week) but alas not. Have some online racing to keep me busy and maybe finish of some S class events.

Agree B-Spec has been pretty... lacking so far, at least in GT5. When it comes back hope to see much more depth to it so it's more of a management sim (budget constraints, car limitations, sponsorship partners etc) rather than just a way to grind for credits.

Seems a lot doesn't it? I have a whacky theory... *maybe PD is trying to get us practiced in the new physics modeling by having us drive the time trials? Since most people won't gold them the first time around, or even the second...or third... It might even take many people dozens of practice laps to win the gold (or even the bronze) and its booty, no?
I got gold on my first try each time. It really wasn't that challenging compared to GT5 TT which was weird to me.

Gratz, but I doubt that's a "general consensus" among GT players of all stripes. There are many still trying to gold. I golded quickly, and I'm doing pretty well in superlap3 and the S2000 event and would have done far better in super lap2 than I did (1:17.3xx) had I chosen an R18 or HSV over the Megane. Meh. Point is, for most players, it may have been done intentionally, both for the cash-out and for the learning experience. I suspect it was.

I disliked b-spec anyway. I like to drive, I buy the game to drive not watch the computer drive.

Was disappointed in not having a race to do (TT would be ok, but was hoping for the races to start) but I have plenty to do still.

Agree on wanting seasonal events, not time trials. You can measure yourself against other drivers in actual seasonal races just as easily as time trials, plus races are much more fun and challenging (which is the one thing GT6 is lacking IMHO...difficult races that is).

Also a quick, yet totally rookie question--can someone please tell me what "PD" stands for? I've seen it in hundreds of posts, but can't seem to figure out what it means. I didn't want to sound like an idiot, but I figure I've already done that millions of times already, so I may as well ask :banghead:. Thanks!

I am thinking the reason for lack of weekly seasonals is because they gave us the bonus high paying seasonals. I, personally, think that we will get new seasonal events (TT or race, who knows) on Thursday as that is when the current seasonals expire. I would then assume also that we will get weekly seasonals again after that, I think the current seasonals were just a one-off..maybe to give them more time on sorting update stuff etc?

Back