Are there any Dirt Rally Races in this game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChadSteeler
  • 20 comments
  • 1,429 views
Messages
15
Messages
ChadSteeler
Besides the Special events test I have only been on a A-spec and B-spec.
 
I was also looking for them. I loved the dirt tracks in GT3/GT4/GTPSP. I will not believe that there are none - except for those few special challenges... :scared:
 
Yeah, why the hell do the rally cars cost $850,000 when there aren't any A-Spec rally races!?!?!? I'm seriously PO'd about this because the special event rally races are boring, and there is no incentive to play them more than once!
 
The Rally races have to be unlocked by attaining certain levels. Once you've done that you can find them in the Special Events.
 
^
Smiley-Facepalm.gif


Besides the Special events test
 
I would love there to be real dirt/mud rally tracks, they were great in GT4.
 
Greatly missed within A and B-Spec, same goes for the karting.
 
WTF! PD you idiots! No rally in A-Spec??? Are you freakin' stupid!!!
 
Once the Special Event rallies are done, that's it.

No more cash or xp is received from them.

Oddly enough the special events refer to Day One, implying that at some point longer rallies existed or were planned.
 
I would be ok with some more events even strictly timed events. And 4 cars? Come on. 16 cars is best and can be WAY spread out just like real WRC.

I'm still confused why they obtained the WRC license...
 
The Rally races have to be unlocked by attaining certain levels. Once you've done that you can find them in the Special Events.

I think the OP wanted to know if there were more events after the Special Event rally races and as far as I know there aren't. I'm at level 25 and I haven't see anything. Golded all the rally in the special event section and nothing else popped up. So unless it appears sometime after level 25 I don't think so. Funny enough I am happy about this! I don't want to have to do anymore rally. Drives me nuts waiting for 3 cars in front of me to go before I can fight a car at relatively low speeds down a road for 2 minutes of "enjoyment". But they should have it as an option, as long as I don't have to do it to get gold, for those that are masochist.
 
Last edited:
Well this is just great, what the hell is going on in PD? I swear to goddess that if PD tries to sell me DLC rally events I will complain even more in this forum.


Polyphonic Digital

I am disappoint
 
That is disappointing I actually enjoyed rally in this game, however the course maker at least will make rally courses for you IIRC. Haven't tried it. Yeah it sucks you don't get anything from it ($$ or XP) but at least you get something to play.
 
special events that have rally events, fixed cars, but u can buy rally cars, with no rally races. hmmmm!!!!!!!! thanks!

ok ill go and play arcade rally for no reason. not.
 
The whole rally experience in general was completely lacking in GT5.

If you played Dirt 2 with a decent wheel (and keep in mind Dirt 2 could hardly be described as a simulator), it actually felt like you were driving a rally car. The action was fast-paced, the terrain was constantly changing, if you hit a puddle water was splashed onto your windshield, etc. Pretty much the entire time I was driving on Dirt 2 I had a white knuckle grip on the wheel, scared that the smallest mistake would be the end of me. That's rally.

I would have rather rally been completely cut from GT5 than have to endure this sad excuse.
 
The whole rally experience in general was completely lacking in GT5.

If you played Dirt 2 with a decent wheel (and keep in mind Dirt 2 could hardly be described as a simulator), it actually felt like you were driving a rally car. The action was fast-paced, the terrain was constantly changing, if you hit a puddle water was splashed onto your windshield, etc. Pretty much the entire time I was driving on Dirt 2 I had a white knuckle grip on the wheel, scared that the smallest mistake would be the end of me. That's rally.

I would have rather rally been completely cut from GT5 than have to endure this sad excuse.

Dirt 2 is a kickass game!
 
You do get a lot more experience and cash doing the special events over most races. Unfortunately, they don't yield cash after the first gold.
 
You do get a lot more experience and cash doing the special events over most races. Unfortunately, they don't yield cash after the first gold.

...and they're difficult enough that the majority of gamers will never get that gold either.
 
...and they're difficult enough that the majority of gamers will never get that gold either.

No true for the rally events, those were great fun, but didn't last to long before the gold medals were done.

Only special events I haven't spent enough time getting gold on is the top gear test track with the lotus and the AMG stuff.
 
No true for the rally events, those were great fun, but didn't last to long before the gold medals were done.

Only special events I haven't spent enough time getting gold on is the top gear test track with the lotus and the AMG stuff.

It's absolutely true, I consider myself an average gamer, and I know for a fact I'll never get gold in those events.
 
Back