Are there any plans to enhance Gran Turismo as a platform for virtual drifting?

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 47 comments
I agree that the "object placer" does not seem like the most complicated feature, well within the realm of possibility.

The most difficult aspect, I think, would be incorporating it into the online mode. How would we go about loading and sharing our "custom sections" with the online community?

The first solution that jumps to mind is a feature for sharing tracks, like we had in GT5. But that would require a community feature first...
Great point, I found https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/when-are-we-getting-our-comunity-club.309348/ , not sure if you guys have liked it yet.

Edit: I hope that's the community were speaking of :lol:

Last edited:
Great work! This is my kind of thread/topic. Thanks for getting it started. I feel drift can add so much to this game. Its all there at our/their finger-tips.

I'm a bit concerned about asking for a release date - seems like a bad idea. It takes the focus off the main topic. Let's not push them.

IMO the list is good but may need simplifying? Like a list of the main things we need first? Just a thought. I'm with you all the way :) Good work

More drift content!! :)

Great work! This is my kind of thread/topic. Thanks for getting it started. I feel drift can add so much to this game. Its all there at our/their finger-tips.

I'm a bit concerned about asking for a release date - seems like a bad idea. It takes the focus off the main topic. Let's not push them.

IMO the list is good but may need simplifying? Like a list of the main things we need first? Just a thought. I'm with you all the way :) Good work

More drift content!! :)

Thanks for the input 👍

I've stared at the question for a few days, debating whether or not to take out the timeline part, as you suggested.

My reasoning behind adding that second part was to try to avoid a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. If you can think of a better way to achieve that, I'm all ears :)
Cmon guys more likes.
Ugh I know...we've lost momentum lol. Keep spreading the word...start grabbing randoms from open lobbies!! :lol:

I finualy decided to register on gtp just to like this thread!

Love all but really want to see the points clicker made option asap..

Drifting updates? YES PLEASE!

To begin, my question would have to be

Are there any plans to start adding/including OPTIONS which are tailored towards drifting, in order to enhance Gran Turismo as a platform for virtual drifting, and if so, could you offer a rough timeline for their release?

Here is a short list of improvements to enhance Gran Turismo as a drifting platform:

- Have Steering Lock be an adjustable option in the tuning menu. Purchase of an aftermarket steering angle kit might be necessary to access the adjustment?

- If adjustable steering angle is not a possibility for GT6, is it possible to add an option to turn off the "points clicker" while in Drift Trial Mode.
If anyone would like clarification as to why fully adjustable steering lock in all game modes, or at least removal of the "clicker" in Drift Mode, is in high demand amongst the drift community, PM me.

- continued development of the clutch model, along with allowing H-pattern shifters to be used on all fully customizable transmissions.

- The ability to convert AWD cars to RWD (eg Nissan BNR34 GTR) would greatly enhance the variety of drift cars in the game, without needing to add more cars to the game. This is also useful for more than just drifting.

- An option to turn off the WRONG WAY indicator. In many of the video shots linked below, we are driving the "wrong way". At this point, it's just a nuisance...but it's simple, and it would be a start :lol:

- Include some "drift friendly" tuning options, such as adjustment to: caster, steering lock, steering ratio, tire pressure, engine timing and/or ecu mapping,

- There are cones, tough-blocks, k-rails, and other moveable objects programmed into the game. Are there any plans to include an editor that would allow players to place our own cones, toughblocks and k-rails, etc. to mark clipping points and design our own custom drift sections (within the environments that already exist)? This would be useful for lots of other forms of Motorsport as well.

***This is a very condensed list of the more relatively basic improvements that could be made to GT to enhance the drifting capabilities. A more complete list can be found in the Drift Forum Suggestions Thread. I'm trying to keep this "question" short. If anyone has any questions (including you, Kaz :sly:), send me a PM here on GTP.***

Although I personally have nothing against the "mini-game" known as "points drifting", I don't think it takes any kind of expert to know that this is not what the core of drifting is about. I don't need to get into how flawed the points system is, but if you would like my views on it, please contact me for a personal chat :)

These are examples of the foundations that we in the drift community would like to build on...not "points drifting"

my videos in rfactor with d1gp steer kit and all what twitcher stated above. (^_^)

Back