Are you a collector or a seller?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jac31k
  • 72 comments
  • 5,095 views

Are you a collector or a seller?

  • I collect every car I acquire, both prizes and purchases.

    Votes: 127 60.8%
  • I collect most cars, but sell some for cash.

    Votes: 64 30.6%
  • I sell every prize car unless I use it regularly.

    Votes: 18 8.6%

  • Total voters
    209
I think I've sold one car when I won a double of something I already had. Other then that I'm collecting neat cars I see in the used car lot. It's nice to have a variety so you have a car for any kind of online race you want to run.
 
E38
I won't keep cars just because I win them. I collect cars that are of interest to me (Still looking for the right 2002tii), but I sell cars that have no intrinsic value (Toyota Yaris RS).

If your reffering to the BMW Concept tii '02 with 2 doors its won in the b-spec Extreme series I wont say which series though :P
 
I think I've sold like 1 or 2 cars.

The problem I've got is this:
  • "This car can be sold for $10,000, are you sure?"
    "No, it's not worth it, I'll keep it..."
  • "This car can be sold for $60,000, are you sure?"
    "No, it's worth a bit, I'll keep it..."
  • "This car can be sold for $120,000, are you sure?"
    "Wow, it must be a good car, I'll keep it..."

...so I keep everything :p ... I think I sold one or two right at the start cause $10,000 at that stage was a lot.
 
I sell the standards and keep the premiums.
 
i think ime upto 70 cars now and keep anything i get even if i have it in the garage already.
 
I'm somewhat collecting, but only for the purpose of the 1000 car trophy and other unlockables received for possessing a certain amount of cars. Therefore if I do need cash I am always happy to let a few go for a quick boost to the bank.

Are there any other unlockables other than the 1000 car trophy?

I think I'm about to sell all the cars in here that i'm not interested in :)
 
With the cars I got when I bought GT5 I should be able to survive quite a bit.
If I get a car double I keep one original (I quite like that) and tune the other one to a racing machine.
 
So far i've only sold the FT86 i won early in the game so i could buy the Suzuki GSX 4R in the UCL. I have around 110 cars, 30 of them premium.
 
I never sell a prize car if I can't win it again and if I buy a car it's because I want it therefore I won't sell it.
 
I take them for a spin. If I like the way they handle, and/or feel that they can be upgraded and tuned to be useful I keep them, otherwise I sell them.

I don't see the point in keeping cars around that I don't like driving.
 
I see no point selling cars when you get basically nothing for them. So I collect them instead :)
 
I've kept every car I've acquired so far, whether it be a prize car or one I've bought. I don't intend on selling any of them.
 
Kept every one so far, i plan on keeping them all regardless of quality. May sell or gift duplicates though.
 
i kept all the cars except those really crappy ones... like a 1.3 Yaris or Demio or standard car crap like those... I also sell those that I already brought.
 
only cars i sell is the standards, as i need money, tho i keep the old/special ones. gonna collect all premium ones :) still got plenty of standard cars in my garage..

Edit: if i remember right we won a premium yaris/ or demio (?) quite early, ive sold this one.
 
I keep the ones i like and some that i need to have because they're fast.

All the other cars I don't need or want is sold after I've checked if I need that car in some special race, if I need it, i drive the race with it and when I have no use for it, I sell it.
 
Both, I collect the cars I actually want and like to drive, and get rid of the crap.
 
I keep everything no matter how rubbish it is. No idea what the garage limit is though.
 
I'm a seller. I like only having in my garage only cars I really want.
 
I only sell the duplicates and my garage size is over 100 now.
 
I am a collector. :sly:

I only have four cars, and have sold the rest. I only want premuems(unless ultra rare/ Bspec), and I want mostly ferraris. besides masarati, espirit, m5, zonda, etc

atm. i have a

golf v stage 2 turbo 293hp(track car/under 300)
g35 tuned to 450hp
r34 skyline stage 3 turbo 770hp
ferrari 512 tuned to 450hp
and 100,000 cr.

next up 458:drool:
 
keep everything, gonna need every car I can get for the 1000 car trophy.
 
I don't like having my garage cluttered with cars I will almost never use. Mind you... I'm referencing previous GT experiences... I am still yet to play this one (installed it though!)... College Life. *yawn*
 
I sell everything I don't expect to use much or ever. So that's most of them.
I'll be limiting my car collection to ones I truly want to own - with the occasional purchase for specific events of course, but they are usually also sold again once I'm done with them for a- and b-spec.
 
I've always been a collector in the previous games but in this version I've been getting so many horrible gift cars (seriously, 5 cars with 200 combined horsepower?!) that I've started selling them.
 
keep everything, gonna need every car I can get for the 1000 car trophy.

yup, better start early for that one!

I also managed to get the "penniless" trophy! It took some mathematics to figure that one out :lol:
 
Back