Are you a collector or a seller?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jac31k
  • 72 comments
  • 5,095 views

Are you a collector or a seller?

  • I collect every car I acquire, both prizes and purchases.

    Votes: 127 60.8%
  • I collect most cars, but sell some for cash.

    Votes: 64 30.6%
  • I sell every prize car unless I use it regularly.

    Votes: 18 8.6%

  • Total voters
    209
So far I have not sold a single car, although I would if I got doubles of some of them. I am pleased that I have kept some of them, as if I did not keep them in my garage I probably never drove them and got to find out how much fun they can be, like the little Dome concept mini-Lambo-esqe car.
 
I used to be a seller in GT4, but now I am a collector, since cars cannot be re-won.
 
I've sold off some of my prize cars especially if I already own it. I don't need 2 of the same car even if they are different years.
 
Most cars I cannot get rid of. I dont know why, I probably wont use them. I havent driven 3/4's of the cars Ive won. Ive sold some of the crappy little cars, and the California, I just do not like that car. Odd because Ferrari is my favorite and my tuned F430 Scuderia is my favorite car.

I agree with Tired Tyres about not selling ones I cannot win again.
 
I keep all of them, Gran Turismo is my Pokemon!

actually, at the beginning I bought 4 karts so I could get the achievement and sold 3 of them afterward.
 
I''ll be collecting Italian cars, with a priority on Ferrari, and also TVR and Lotus.
The rest gets sold unless specifically needed for a race.

DJ
--
 
Never sell. I sold an LFA once and an SRT8 once but that's because I was confused.
 
Collector over here!
 
I'm definitely a collector, even the ****** car's that I'll never use. I've thought about selling after I saw the same car I own in the used lot, but the disparity between what they sell for, and how much they might cost to buy back makes me think to keep them, if only to make some crazy set up down the road.
 
Likewise a collector.

I'll buy a few cheap cars to get paint chips from and re-sell them when I end up with a substantial bank account, but it seems that's not going to be for a good while. I'm also going to have dupes of my favorite cars, because I want to keep some of them stock, and some engine changes are permanent.
 
I'm a collector. I'd like to hit the 1000 car mark and keeping everything makes it easier. Plus I'm pretty selective when I buy a car. It has to be something that either fits a need or is just too cool to pass up. I think I've only bought 3 cars, maybe 4. One to start the game and the others to complete a specific race. I've used my prize cars more than ones I bought.
 
Total and obsessive collector! :lol: In GT4 I had about 5-6 versions of almost every car for all the colors I wanted since we couldn't paint them. I also like to have a straight untouched factory version of a car and then another one that I can do the permanent upgrades on (like weight reduction which you can't undo). I think I have a problem.. haha! :sly:
 
I started the game loving my Silvia '88 S13. I won a few races with it and started looking for the right cars to beat the Beginner series of races. I sold all of the cars I won to buy 5-6 cars from the used car lot early in the game and ended up not liking most of them. I deleted my save file and started over (since I only had 6-8 hours invested.)

Now I save every car I win and buy cars with more strategy. I also have had zero problems keeping tons of Cr in the bank (always enough for upgrades.) I am now a collector that is very stingy when spending my Cr. If I choose to buy a car I would much rather buy the premium version, even if there is a chance of winning a duplicate in the future.
 
Back