Are you addicted to Drive Club?

• Thread starter torque99
  • 68 comments
My gaming time has been spent on MKX since its release. Therefore I haven't spent much time with DC, but here and there I still play it. And I still love it.

I watched some Pcars gameplay on youtube and it didn't appeal to me. I know watching gameplays is one thing, and actual play the game is something else entirely different.

Conclusion: Even playing MKX most of the time, I still care about DC and I still love it. I wanna get all the stars, complete all accolades, test drive all cars. There is another racing game option on the market, but I'll stick with DC. Waiting for GT7 thou.

Last edited:
VBR
I bought a brand new copy off ebay for £15 so I could test a second hand PS4 I bought off ebay. The menus in Driveclub are very slick, background music sounds right, but the gameplay is rather...meh. I also cannot get into it at all. Maybe if I had a compatible wheel I might enjoy it more, but then again if the FFB wasn't sim I'd probablly hate it more!

I love watching the replays posted on youtube, & seeing the great photos posted in these forums. But playing the game for me is as dull as dishwater, it's just not my thing.

u-turn.jpg

After spending some more time with it I can say that it's growing on me. Not addicted to it (yet), but am really starting to enjoy it. Not ashamed to say that I've changed my mind.

:)

Last edited:
@VBR Very honest of you to admit:D:gtpflag:It does grow on you!.. Quite a few on here felt the same on release but with all the dlc and updates from Evo most things are now sorted apart from private race lobbies and the free PS+ edition...For me it is an ideal pick up and play fast arcade game in between photomode and when I have more time I set up Pcars for a real race..I can't get on with DC with a wheel at all (too loose after Pcars) and still prefer a DS4 for all round use on the game. Have you given in to the Lambos and Muscle cars Season Pass yet? ;)

Last edited:
Simply put: yes.

It took a few weeks for me to realise how fun it really can be but once I got into it, I bought the season pass straight away and haven't looked back since. It recently overtook GT6 as my go-to game just because it's so much easier to find some quick competition. The game's not without its flaws but they're not enough to stop me from wanting to play just about every day.

Simply put: yes.

It took a few weeks for me to realise how fun it really can be but once I got into it, I bought the season pass straight away and haven't looked back since. It recently overtook GT6 as my go-to game just because it's so much easier to find some quick competition. The game's not without its flaws but they're not enough to stop me from wanting to play just about every day.

Well put.

And it just keeps on getting better and better...

Old thread. I know. I was browsing the older threads of DC, and came across this one.

The game is almost two years old, its lifespan may be finished (well, season pass is, so is Evolution Studios closed), thousand of pictures and videos are avaiable online, I've finished DC carrer and double platinum(ed) on another PSN ID and I'm halfway through it on my new gamertag.

And the answer still is YES.

So, after getting the digital version with the Season Pass & a Logitech G29; I've only been on it twice, & have completely lost interest.

I wonder when the world number 1 will get tired of the game - currently at 33,2 billion XP and way ahead of the rest. That person must be doing some serious drift grinding or have no interests outside this game...or both.

I wonder when the world number 1 will get tired of the game - currently at 33,2 billion XP and way ahead of the rest. That person must be doing some serious drift grinding or have no interests outside this game...or both.

Multiple users under the same Gamer Tag, maybe?

Quite possibly. They'll probably get bored at some point and drift off I suppose :)

When I first saw that score I wondered if there was a track that could simply be bounced around, by setting up a DS4 with elastic bands or whatever, and left to run 24/7. Probably would work with any of them, since you get put back on automatically. High speed bonus, I'm thinking of, but I doubt it would gain points quick enough.

Yes, in fact this game killed Project Cars for me, The car lineup is just lights years better in DC :D then PCs :crazy:

That is one of my biggest gripes against PCARS... the car roster just does not excite me like the other games out there. Maybe a few desirable road and race cars - 10-12 max, that's it.

I might be tempted to pick up DC if I'm able to get my hands on a PS4K... already have an X1, so no point in getting the Scorpio.. might as well see what Sony has to offer.

ha the fact is Driveclub has completely ruined my normal gaming habits so much so i've got this ridiculous backlog of games i know i'll never get round to completing and it's all Driveclubs fault, I wasn't even going to mention the fact i've completed the tour twice on both the car and bike side of the game plus the elite levels, to say i may have a Driveclub crack habit might be underplaying it a bit, i've not even uttered the words PHOTO MODE as yet.......... so the question is do i have a problem? no of cause not....... isn't that where you say admitting you've got a problem is the first step. hehe

I was going to say no I am not addicted but if any one sees my 99 level and soon to be 100 they know I am lying.

I did take a couple of month off after getting frustrated at a certain track, now back hard at it.

Still very much addicted even without anymore updates..there are so many events that I'm ploughing through and beating very old times by quite a margin now that I know the tracks and all their little quirks off by heart..still loving trying to beat records in time trials and I'm even dipping into multiplayer from time to time to laugh at the idiots who reside there (not everyone I must add) :D kinda miffed that all the drift scores got reset though, wasn't keen on it at first but grew to love it eventually so it's back to square one with them I guess.

Still by far my favourite game that I own and one I keep coming back to and will for the foreseeable future :gtpflag:

I haven't played Driveclub in a few months, but it is one of the best games I have had the pleasure of owning. The roaring V8s, howling V10s, and screaming V12s on top of the most electrifying soundtrack for a racing game ever created continues to energize me like nothing else. Whether you only play offline or compete against players from around the world, we are all driven by the universal passion felt inside of every racer, and thus we unite in speed. Our endless pursuit of victory draws us closer to each other and when we drive together, we win together. Even in virtual cars, the desire to push these machines and our capabilities to the absolute limit has never felt so real.

Driveclub calls out to the player and asks, "How fast do you want to go?" The only suitable answer would be... lightspeed.

Dan
I haven't played Driveclub in a few months, but it is one of the best games I have had the pleasure of owning. The roaring V8s, howling V10s, and screaming V12s on top of the most electrifying soundtrack for a racing game ever created continues to energize me like nothing else. Whether you only play offline or compete against players from around the world, we are all driven by the universal passion felt inside of every racer, and thus we unite in speed. Our endless pursuit of victory draws us closer to each other and when we drive together, we win together. Even in virtual cars, the desire to push these machines and our capabilities to the absolute limit has never felt so real.

Driveclub calls out to the player and asks, "How fast do you want to go?" The only suitable answer would be... lightspeed.

The more vids I see of DC, the more I want to own it! I love how the driver's hands cross over - I long for that feature in Forza.. but stupid T10, you know em! Suspension movement is also quite convincing even though it's an arcade racing game.

One thing I find off is how many of the cars sound like they are driving in a tunnel even though they are under the open sky. Am I wrong here, or do you share similar sentiments?

I use to be addictive to DC :) But just yesterday i deleted it from my PS4 👍 Just grow tired of those horrible tracks 👎 And tunnel Engine sounds

To @Speedster911 Yes the cars do sound like your driving in a tunnel :yuck: (The P1 is the worst offender) :yuck:👎

Overall the only thing i'm gonna miss is that awesome PHM :bowdown:

Last edited:
Over 2 years of nearly daily play and Driveclub still dominates my gametime.I hit an addiction milestone this week,10,000 time trial events completed,hmmm maybe I do have a bit of an obsession with this game!
I even bought an Xbox One S with Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2 and 3 late last year to broaden my driving tastes but even those amazing Australian skies,European vistas,huge car rosters or the silky 60fps of FM6 didn't hold me for too long.I still hop on every now and then,but for me personally,there's just something missing.None of them manage to come close to the feeling I get when I'm screaming along in the Venom.Mazzanti or F40 in dashcam view on Driveclub.

The more vids I see of DC, the more I want to own it! I love how the driver's hands cross over - I long for that feature in Forza.. but stupid T10, you know em! Suspension movement is also quite convincing even though it's an arcade racing game.

One thing I find off is how many of the cars sound like they are driving in a tunnel even though they are under the open sky. Am I wrong here, or do you share similar sentiments?

Personally, I haven't noticed any of the cars sounding like that since I play on hood view and usually worry about everything around me. Even if the engine sounds are off, they're better than GT6's engines.

Back