Are you an offroad or onroad driver?

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 23 comments
Basically tell us whether your someone that likes to do the track properly and stick to the road, or if your like me and go offroad and try out crazy, high speed shortcuts. :)

I usually cut that first chicane on RRV.
oh, and the last one on Trial Mountain, but I always end up hitting the rumble strip too sharp and hurling myself into a 360

:lol:

same here, in GT1, I'd take my Viper GTS-R for a spin on Trial Mmountain reverse and i cut the first chicane (which is the last if your not doing the reverse stage) and I go airborne! .....then I spin out :lol:

i tend to sort of fly thru the corkscrew on laguna if im going at the rite speed and entering the rite way
i also tend to cut the apricot hill chicagne, and sumtimes even the hair pin half way thru after the long sweeping righthander onto the long backstraight

also, if im driving a car that likes to understeer, and im driving laguna seca, i usually cut the first corner after the pit straight

i hate the cork screew.........but i'm not bad at it......i got silver on the test.......but when racing i usaly go off road

The key to the corkscrew is to come in from the outside and slow down before the road starts going down, right before the turn. If you're not going slow enough by then you don't stand a chance.

But even still...

When I first did Laguna I hated it. I cursed Polyphony for making that track too hard. But with a little practice the corkscrew is nowhere near the hardest turn in the game.

When I first tried Laguna Seca, I cursed it and promised to never race there again. Then I learned to drive. I love the corkscrew now.

Originally posted by Burnout
thats something cool, i saw a race on that track like a month ago, some civic won

I saw a Toyota Atlantic race there. Kinda like F1 but slower. Even they wipe out in the corkscrew.

Back