Are you gonna get PS3 because of GTHD?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 76 comments

Are you gonna get PS3 because of GTHD?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 70 36.1%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • No! I'll wait for GT5 and then buy PS3!

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • Other..

Votes: 30 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are just a few thousand orders floating around in America after the near one day sellout, so hopefully I'll be able to snag one as Christmas draws near. I want one for more than GT HD. I want to enjoy Resistance: Fall of Man, Sonic, Motorstorm and a few other games. But since GT HD won't be out till perhaps spring, hopefully there will be some goodies added in.

I'm not happy with the fact that you will have a handfull of cars and 2 tracks in GT:HD and BUY the rest, if you have to BUY a PS3 for that then I rather wait for GT5.
They also want you to BUY a Full HD television to play GT:HD in 1080p, so again extra money...

but what the hell, I BUY PS3 anyway for other games (like MotorStorm etc)

we really need a lot of money for a the things we want to have.

GT is the only reason why I have a PS2. In all seriousness, I have less than 10 PS2 titles. Never owned a PS1.

Yes, Odd. Maybe a bit sad too.
Bah, I can easily top that. ;) I have but two games for my PS3: GT3 and GT4.

And having said that, I don’t think I’ll be getting a PS3, because I know I’ll only end up getting the GT series – and at this point in my life, I have too many other expenses to worry about.

...... I have but two games for my PS3: GT3 and GT4.

I'm sure you meant PS2 right? :sly:

I will buy the PS3 just for GT5 (I already have the money well kept on my Savings account :D ) . Of course, after I buy it, i'll get more games.

Ciao!

The PS3 is the beginning of a whole new type of gaming system, I will be getting two of them for several computer type ventures including GTHD.

Yes i will, just like getting a PS1 for GT and a PS2 for GT3.

I would have bought a PS3 anyway, but only because i could safely say that a GT title would appear on the PS3 at some point ;)

I got a PS1 for GT... and a PS3 for GT3.. so suspect a PS3 will be for GT5... not HD... depends on whether or not GTHD is any good... and whether I can afford it... I'm moving house later this year!

C.

I am mainly buying the PS3 for the great range of games, not just because of one game.

Let's just hope they create a special pack, including the game, a new DF steering wheel(with a clutch & Gearbox) .
But then the prizes will go way up.

If GTHD would be coming out before motorstorm...then yes I would. So in my case I will be buying (hopefully) the ps3 on the day motorstorm comes out.

No, I'm not even considering getting GT5, as to complete the game with all the cars and tracks you need to constantly pay.

I definitely getting GTHD+PS3 but I may not getting all the cars and tracks
just picking something cool rather than getting 40 pointless skylines
however I am really looking forward to have online track day at the ring
but I rather wait to see some feedbacks in GTP before purchasing
meanwhile getting a XBox360 is really tempting too

No, I'm not even considering getting GT5, as to complete the game with all the cars and tracks you need to constantly pay.

We don't know that yet. As far as we know, SONY could change their mind about these mega-transactions if no fools buy into their GT:HD scheme. Any money spent on supporting GT:HD as we know it will hurt us all.

Cheers,

MasterGT

im kinda glad that GT5 is coming out in a few years time as this means that the console will have got cheaper and of course most of the big games will be out.
forza 2 will be good enough for a few years before GT comes out

i dont know... i doubt ill be able to afford ps3 at launch and since we in the US have never gotten any other "in between" gran turismos, i can probably skip HD and hold off until gt5 comes out, however the next gen grand theft auto is more than enough reason for me to get ps3 when i can afford it...

i dont know... i doubt ill be able to afford ps3 at launch and since we in the US have never gotten any other "in between" gran turismos, i can probably skip HD and hold off until gt5 comes out, however the next gen grand theft auto is more than enough reason for me to get ps3 when i can afford it...

but you can get that on xbox 360 as well

ah but then i need a ps3 so when gt5 finally does bow i can get it, plus xbox versions are always after sony's, and ive never been able to get the hang of xbox :nervous:

ah but then i need a ps3 so when gt5 finally does bow i can get it, plus xbox versions are always after sony's, and ive never been able to get the hang of xbox :nervous:

nope the xbox 360 version comes out the same day as the ps3 version and with the 360 you get project gotham and forza:) gt5 doesnt come out for 3 years but at least the ps3 will be cheaper by then

thats interesting i didnt know that, anyhow if i think im going to have trouble affording a ps3, then i doubt a 360 is in the cards, though forza was a very entertaining game the few times i tried it.

I'm starting to change my mind after reading all the good stuff about GTHD. + I miss simracing, after selling everything (not everything, I still have my memory card and a copy of GT4).

We don't know that yet. As far as we know, SONY could change their mind about these mega-transactions if no fools buy into their GT:HD scheme. Any money spent on supporting GT:HD as we know it will hurt us all.
If I'm not mistaken, Kaz has already confirmed that GT5 will come as a complete game. The way I understand this, they wanted to use the opportunity they get with GT4 reloaded (a.k.a. GT:HD Classic) to make it a game with buyable items. Therefor, I doubt that they will make future GTs like this.

Regards
the Interceptor

I chose maybe, as GT HD is/will not be the reason I will buy a PS3 (GT5, GTA 4 and blu-ray is) but GT HD may be enough to get one earlier or on release day if it is available on Aus release day in March.

I'm not going to buy the PS3 in the first year of it's release.
The price often drops a year after (o at least i hope it does)

hell ****ing yeah!
PS3 - 300$
Logitech G25 - 300$
Illegall copy of Gran Turismo 5 - 1$
Being from an eastern european country i cannot afford a decent legal copy of GT5 because i'm gonna spend all my money on the PS3 and G25.

I don't have an HD TV, don't care about driving virtual Ferraris, and certainly don't want to pay anything extra to download cars or tracks.
So I'll wait until they release a decent GT game that includes realistic damage, and only then I'll consider buying the whole set TV + PS3 + GT.
Meanwhile, I have more than 30 PS2 games that I've almost never played. More than enough to keep me busy. :)

yeah it all depends on what games come out at launch that make it worthwhile, though it would be nice to get HD so this time im ready to take GT5 head on :ouch: , maybe well see the online feature be used to keep a steady supply of new/updated cars and a way to fix glitchs as they are flushed out

Me getting a PS3 for GTHD really depends on how people (mainly he guys here at GTP) feel about it. This would also bring the decision of the standard GTHD or Premium. Also it all depends on the moneys. So, if I have enough money and I get good reviews of GTHD, I'll most likley get it. Though, if it isn't, I'll wait 'till GT5 and waste the money on food up the shop up the road.

okay from what I have heard PS3 is only days away from release in the USA, those that throw down $600.00 please give us your first impressions. IE does it make GT4 etc. look any better, load tiimes faster etc.

Back