Are you gonna get PS3 because of GTHD?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo HD' started by Patrik, Oct 11, 2006.

?

Are you gonna get PS3 because of GTHD?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2006.
  1. Yes, of course!

70 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Maybe!

34 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. No! I'll wait for GT5 and then buy PS3!

60 vote(s)
    30.9%
  4. Other..

30 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. j8mie

j8mie

If GT:HD is a marked improvement over GT4, then I may well threat myself to a PS3.......but only after I have a HD ready TV in my room.

I will however get one once GT5 comes out, along with Logitechs next set of wheel and pedals :D

2. Deathclown66

Deathclown66

I was thinking about spending the 700+ dollars required to get the system, game, and wheel to go out and buy a real car....... but 700$ cars suck anyway....:lol:

3. DuckRacer

DuckRacer Premium

PS3 = $600
    GT5 = $60
    DFP = $120

So you're looking at spending $780 for it, but exchange the $120 DFP to the $300 G25, and you got...

$960. Plus tax.

I'd rather buy a real car, no matter how crappy it is, that will transport me from my home to my job so I can afford to fork over the outrageous amount of cash to play GTHD/GT5 properly.

4. martialstax

martialstax

I'll save up my money and buy a PS3 and HDTV when GT HD is released. The GT franchise is the only reason I bought a PS and PS2.

5. Leonidae

Leonidae (Banned)

PS3 will be mine when GT5 appears. and by then, I'll have G25 too. :D

6. Carlos

Carlos Premium

I'll get it becaus all of those amazing games will come to PS3.. Gears of War and stuff :D

7. Thiele

Thiele

I don't think i'll get many ps3 games, Xbox 360 games cost $119, scares me how much a ps3 game could cost:nervous:

8. DuckRacer

DuckRacer Premium

I hope that was sarcasm.

You do know that Gears of War is published by Microsoft? MS wouldn't put their games on a competitor's system. That'd be like Gran Turismo 5 being on the Xbox 360.

9. Teutonic

Teutonic

I bought PS1 for F1...

I bought the PS2 / GT3 bundle...

...so.......YES!

10. Rue

Rue Premium

My GT days are over thanks to Sony being the evil spawn of Satan that it now is! After always buying Sony products, I've turned my back on them and bought an XBOX 360. The PS3 comes out here in Hong Kong tomorrow and if you want one, you must buy three games and put a deposit down on a Sony LCD TV to secure your PS3 order. Marvellous! That's not the distributer's decision, that's Sony terms for a distributer to be able to sell a console! Pure genius! An XBOX 360 with 20GB HDD a game and an extra wireless controller for HK$3000 or a PS3 with a compulsory three games and an LCD screen for HK$10000+?! Hmmm...

11. east

east

Does this mean a PS3 wont work on a regular tv :confused:

12. inferno

inferno

PS3 with GT5. and a G25 as well. :dopey: thats the plan anyway... :indiff: hopefully the price of the PS3 and G25 will have come down some by then.

13. Dave A

Dave A Premium

It'll work fine on a regular TV.

14. panjandrum

panjandrum

I'm still unsure about my purchase plans. It really depends on how several things pan-out.

1) Waiting to hear about the micro-transactions, as I'm relatively sure I won't want to support that business-model unless the micro-transaction really are micro. Say 5 cents or less for each new car.

2) Waiting to see how the PS3 handles high-def video on "old" analog high-def equipment (analog component inputs).

3) Waiting for the price to drop about $100.

4) Waiting to see how much the PS3 games will cost in general.

15. DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Yea I will definately get a PS3 when GTHD comes out!!!

16. Kuken

Kuken (Banned)

PS3 - $600?
    GT HD after how much GT4 sucked?
    No thank you, Sony.

17. omnispeed

omnispeed

same here.