Are you happy with your Fanatec CSL Elite?

United States
United States
I just picked up GT Sport and contemplating buying a wheel. I am a big Project Cars fan and play on Xbox One currently with a Thrustmaster TX wheel. I am happy with how the TX wheel performs with PCars 1 and 2. With that being said. I have been contemplating buying another wheel. I have been looking at the Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4with load cell pedals, which I will also have the ability to swap out wheel rims for Xbox compatibility if need be. For you guys running the CSL Elites, are you happy with the performance or do you recommend something better? I am not opposed to spending more $$$. I just do not want to waste money with something I am not satisfied with. That is why I mentioned the TM TX wheel. Anybody that has used the Thrustmaster TX and CSL Elite for PS4 have any feedback for me? Right now I have only played GT sport with the controller and to me, I feel like I am missing out on alot. I have put 14 hours into PCars 2 with my wheel in 1 week and having a blast. The controller is just getting boring with GT sport and I am hoping a wheel will help me enjoy this game better.

I love my csl e, but at the same time both project cars and gt need work in the ffb department..... It's just awful no matter how much I dick around with all the setting. I know how amazing the wheel can feel and the amount of info it can give you from using it on PC with Assetto untill they fix both p cars and gt. The quality is excellent, strong ffb but precise. And offers in wheel adjustments the others don't have. I'm hoping eventually the ffb issues will be fixed and I can get that realism I do in Assetto in p cars and gt.

I love my csl e, but at the same time both project cars and gt need work in the ffb department..... It's just awful no matter how much I dick around with all the setting. I know how amazing the wheel can feel and the amount of info it can give you from using it on PC with Assetto untill they fix both p cars and gt. The quality is excellent, strong ffb but precise. And offers in wheel adjustments the others don't have. I'm hoping eventually the ffb issues will be fixed and I can get that realism I do in Assetto in p cars and gt.
Pretty much exactly how I feel. The build quality and aesthetics are great. FFB in GT Sport in particular definitely needs work. Hopefully we won't have to wait long for it to be patched.

I am on a GT Omega wheel stand and dialing down FOR to 70 works great with a slightly less solid mounting surface like this. The GT Omega works great but not as solid as other mounting rigs obviously. I wasn't a fan of Fanatecs recommended settings for compatibility mode in GT Sport so started playing around.

For me all settings on the wheel to default except:

DRI OFF
FOR 70
FEI 100
BRF 50 (Brake Force only supported on LC and V3 pedals)

In game settings I have set to:

FFB Max Torque: 4
FFB Sensitivity: 2

With this setup I am pretty happy with the wide range of cars I have tested from N200, N300, Gr.4, Gr.3, and so on.

Looking forward to full compatibility and feature set in future updates but honestly I am pretty happy with this setup at the moment.

I am on a GT Omega wheel stand and dialing down FOR to 70 works great with a slightly less solid mounting surface like this. The GT Omega works great but not as solid as other mounting rigs obviously. I wasn't a fan of Fanatecs recommended settings for compatibility mode in GT Sport so started playing around.

DRI OFF
FOR 70
FEI 100

With this setup I am pretty happy with the wide range of cars I have tested from N200, N300, Gr.4, Gr.3, and so on.

Looking forward to full compatibility and feature set in future updates but honestly I am pretty happy with this setup at the moment.
Could you explain what FEI is. Seems like the wheel is less shaky when not racing which is nice. I played around with the FF after running it at 100 on Sport which was manageable but now I went down to 90 and it was way better for me. Still stiff just how I like it but smoother.

I have the v3 pedals so with that BRF the lower the number on the setting the less force it requires to get a maximum brake pressure?

There's gotta be a link for all the wheel setting information ect I would think?

Many thanks of course that helped a lot

Ph1sher, fei stands for, force feedback intensity. When it's off that means there are no ffb effects, when at 100 your getting raw input unfiltered. The lower the number the more it smooths the curve making it feel more natural, but too much and you loose definition.

Hi ANDREWHAKE I really like your settings for gt sport I agree better than what was recommended, what you using on project cars 2??

Hi ANDREWHAKE I really like your settings for gt sport I agree better than what was recommended, what you using on project cars 2??

DRI OFF
FOR 70
FEI 100

I use almost the same settings, only FOR 60, I am very satisfied

I'm about the Same myself but still hate there's no understeer effects, and you cant go by audio ques since the tires squeal because your cornering not because you're on the edge of traction. Also there's no braking effects either it doesn't seem to get light if your pushing into the corners hot and then that snap back to traction when you recover it.

DRI OFF
FOR 70
FEI 100

What kind of steering wheel feedback are you getting. I have a CSL Elite and it is very smooth and precise but other than some resistance on turning the wheel for certain cars, there is no other feedback. I'm coming from a Logitech Driving Force Pro and it had decent feel over bumps, etc. but I don't have any of that with the Fanatec. Thanks for your help.

I'm curious to know how the load cell performs in relation to the brake meter on the dials for the Fanatec/load cell users and if the meter/brake pressure varies in relation to the actual pedal travel with respect to the car speed or deceleration. White indicates the actual 'brake pressure' whilst red indicates how much the ABS is working (No ABS indicates white only). It seems PD have deliberately set the brakes up to give you varying degrees of brake pressure dictated by how much you need to slow down but always with the same pedal travel to make it easier to drive, particularly as almost all wheel users don't use any form of resistance braking to increase braking consistency in all types of corner.

I can see why they have done this and particularly as the new physics are far less forgiving; in GT6/GT5 brake pedal travel could be setup at the beginning of a session, but if maximum pressure was set with very little travel and the brake balance was set too high (ie 9/9) a car would often have a lot of immediate turn-in oversteer if the brake pedal was released too quickly after heavy braking, even with ABS, so the BB would have to be turned down to 5/5 for example to give you less weight over the front wheels, but with much better control over the 'short' pedal travel distance with the lower brake pressure.

I use a T300RS with T3PA pedals and I'm not sure if the system has been setup specifically for that wheel alone, but the system knows how much total travel you want simply because a point has been established at approximately where the rubber cone is for those that want max. pressure when the pedal is pressed against the cone. For those that don't want it, the system will set the max. pressure with respect to the first corner the user slows down for which will presumably be 'fully home'.

in GT6 and previous titles, the car always slowed in direct relation to the pedal travel.

I just picked up GT Sport and contemplating buying a wheel. I am a big Project Cars fan and play on Xbox One currently with a Thrustmaster TX wheel. I am happy with how the TX wheel performs with PCars 1 and 2. With that being said. I have been contemplating buying another wheel. I have been looking at the Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4with load cell pedals, which I will also have the ability to swap out wheel rims for Xbox compatibility if need be. For you guys running the CSL Elites, are you happy with the performance or do you recommend something better? I am not opposed to spending more $$$. I just do not want to waste money with something I am not satisfied with. That is why I mentioned the TM TX wheel. Anybody that has used the Thrustmaster TX and CSL Elite for PS4 have any feedback for me? Right now I have only played GT sport with the controller and to me, I feel like I am missing out on alot. I have put 14 hours into PCars 2 with my wheel in 1 week and having a blast. The controller is just getting boring with GT sport and I am hoping a wheel will help me enjoy this game better.
I love the look and feel of my first product. I got the elite wheel v3 pedals and clubsport shifter however it constantly needs realignment. Like after even a few laps. If I have a lose and catch it fast like drifting etc and becomes out of alignment in a straight line. It' very annoying and making me regret spending so much money on it. Does anyone have advice?

I love the look and feel of my first product. I got the elite wheel v3 pedals and clubsport shifter however it constantly needs realignment. Like after even a few laps. If I have a lose and catch it fast like drifting etc and becomes out of alignment in a straight line. It' very annoying and making me regret spending so much money on it. Does anyone have advice?
Which mode are you using ? Blue LED or Purple LED ?

Both the base rev bar and the wheel's rev stripe work. The only thing that doesn't work is the LED display which in other games can be a gear or speed indicator (No other wheels even have this).

As far as force feedback, it is good but initially I was annoyed by the twitchiness on straights, which I couldn't quite hammer out with the wheel's adjustments. But then I discovered that GT Sport actually does have force feedback adjustments - but you can only access them from the advanced settings menu after you've loaded into a track, weirdly. I set FF sensitivity to 1 and torque to 9 in GT Sport and now it's great. Not much road detail on tarmac, but Inside Sim Racing complained about this in their GT Sport review, so I'm gonna say that's an issue with GT Sport's FF. Of course the FF is fantastic in Assetto Corsa so definitely not a fault of the wheel or even the compatibility. Dirt racing is quite an experience :)

Also, you can even remap the buttons by changing GT Sport's G29 assignments. So I was able to use the multifunction display with the joystick - no silly knobs needed. It may not be the most expensive wheel you can get for PS4, but I'm inclined to say that it's the best wheel you can get for PS4.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

What is the word on official Fanatec support in GT Sport? How is the CSL Elite PS4 wheel working without it? I'd really like to buy the wheel, but i just don't trust these two companies to come through for us. heh

Hey guys,

What is the word on official Fanatec support in GT Sport? How is the CSL Elite PS4 wheel working without it? I'd really like to buy the wheel, but i just don't trust these two companies to come through for us. heh

Its more on PD's hands than Fanatec's hand.Wheel is good (the best for PS4 atm).

Does the CSL ELITE wheelbase and pedal set for the PS4 work on the GT OMEGA racing wheel stand? Together it will cost around 700 but I'm willing to "get whaat I pay for"

Does the CSL ELITE wheelbase and pedal set for the PS4 work on the GT OMEGA racing wheel stand? Together it will cost around 700 but I'm willing to "get whaat I pay for"
Why should it not? On the Web site they say that it's pre drilled for Fanatec.

So, maybe you have to drill additional holes. At least I had to drill additional holes in the wheel base plate and the pedal plate of the GT Omega Art cockpit, but I don't know for sure if they use the same set of pre drilled holes on the wheel stand.

Last edited:
Back