Are you happy with your Fanatec CSL Elite?

Hi,

have the csl since today. Totally different driving than the t300rs, but I will learn it.

The cross on the left let me look left, right, back, but I can't change the TC and brakebalance. Is this possible? How?

cheers,
D.

I placed my order exactly a week ago and it hasn't even been shipped yet. Very disappointed in Fanatec. It says they had shipped it out on Tuesday but still haven't received the tracking number

Yes, very happy with the Fanatec CSL wheel. My prior wheel was a G27 which I used for years. For me the biggest upgrade was the pedals. I went with the cheaper pedal set and the load cell upgrade. My load cell pedal was broken initially so I spent a few weeks driving with the non-load cell brake pedal and I definitely prefer the load cell pedal. The RMA process was super slow and I had to poke Fanatec a few times to get things moving along.

The steering wheel is definitely nicer and has much more force feedback than the G27. Although it didn't make me any faster. My G27 also seemed like it was starting to slip with PCars2 when driving karts.

Recently I spent a couple weeks in Europe on some friend's sim rigs which had direct drive wheels. They're nice and hella strong but thankfully it didn't ruin my Fanatec wheel for me. Direct drive wheels are too expensive in my opinion. CSL is better bang for the buck. One sim rig had the v3 pedals which I can't tell the difference from the CSL pedals. The v3 pedals look cooler?

I'm annoyed it's not officially supported yet by GT Sport.

I placed my order exactly a week ago and it hasn't even been shipped yet. Very disappointed in Fanatec. It says they had shipped it out on Tuesday but still haven't received the tracking number

I had this problem, so I sent them a message. They replied within an hour with the tracking number.

Man Fanatec wheels cost so much in Australia.

700 to 800 just for a wheel. While for 915 dollars I get a full T30O rs Ferrari GTE set with pro pedals and the shifter.

I am on a GT Omega wheel stand and dialing down FOR to 70 works great with a slightly less solid mounting surface like this. The GT Omega works great but not as solid as other mounting rigs obviously. I wasn't a fan of Fanatecs recommended settings for compatibility mode in GT Sport so started playing around.

For me all settings on the wheel to default except:

DRI OFF
FOR 70
FEI 100
BRF 50 (Brake Force only supported on LC and V3 pedals)

In game settings I have set to:

FFB Max Torque: 4
FFB Sensitivity: 2

With this setup I am pretty happy with the wide range of cars I have tested from N200, N300, Gr.4, Gr.3, and so on.

Looking forward to full compatibility and feature set in future updates but honestly I am pretty happy with this setup at the moment.

I just got my setup up.. CSL Elite with loadcell kit and GT omega wheel stand. Your settings feel good, but out of curiosity i see you mentioning Fanatecs recommended settings which i was not able to find... tried to google and look on fanatecs website... do you possibly knoww where they can be found?

Has anyone found a good setup for drifting? I am playin around with the settings currently but in case someone has found a good one I would apperciate few tips to see if it works for me :)

Loving mine . Here are my settings.

7/1/1

For 100
ffb 100
Fei 90
Spr 0
Dpr 0
Dri -03
Sen Aut

Traits are a light wheel with very detailed information. There is more weight transfer feel on the table if you use higher in game sensitivity, but the wheel gets choppy around the center, especially with fei set that high.

Last edited:
This or the T300 GT will be my next wheel. First want to get a seating rig with the metal slabs to clamp wheels and pedals. Would be a lot more comfortable seating position and better for pedal use. I had a Fanatec product in past(GT3 RS). The Clubsport pedals were very heavy and solid feeling but not sure they(the V3) are necessary. The CSL pedals look decent and are quite expensive, how would you guys rate those pedals compared to the ones that come with T300 GT? How is the wheel better than the T300? One thing I have read is that it is faster and better for drifting, the rim has leather too. It is pretty expensive and they include the CSL pedals with clutch at that price point(500$).

7/1/1

For 100
ffb 100
Fei 90
Spr 0
Dpr 0
Dri -03
Sen Aut

Traits are a light wheel with very detailed information. There is more weight transfer feel on the table if you use higher in game sensitivity, but the wheel gets choppy around the center, especially with fei set that high.

Thanks LordDrift for you settings. I'll give your settings a try.

Do you mean with 7/1/1 the in-game settings Controller Steering Sensitivity / FFB Max Torque / FFB Sensitivity?

Here are my current settings (still testing):

In-Game Settings:
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0 (applies only to DS4 controllers, not for wheels)

Wheel Settings CSL E PS4
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: 100
Dri: -03
FOR: 100
SPR: 100
DPR: 100
BRF: 40
FEI: 50
+ CSP V3 Pedals

Last edited:
Thanks LordDrift for you settings. I'll give your settings a try.

Do you mean with 7/1/1 the in-game settings Controller Steering Sensitivity / FFB Max Torque / FFB Sensitivity?

Here are my current settings (still testing):

In-Game Settings:
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0 (applies only to DS4 controllers, not for wheels)

Wheel Settings CSL E PS4
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: 100
Dri: -03
FOR: 100
SPR: 100
DPR: 100
BRF: 40
FEI: 50
+ CSP V3 Pedals

Correct on 7/1/1

Here the issue I see with your settings on the csl. I don't think you are getting a lot of detail. Yes there is personal preference but a lot of resistance , which many folks thinks make for excellent ffb, and no detail is not what you want.

In game. 4 torque is a lot of resistance, bordering on fatiguing, but much worse is that it dulls the steering feel and introduces an elastic feeling to the steering. That means it's very hard to feel what the car is doing on initial turn in and almost gives a delayed feeling when initially turning in.

2 is much better but still Introduces that elastic feel only to a lesser extent, it's still there though and I don't like it. I feel like a step between 1 and 2 would be perfect. Because 1 takes away a lot of the resistance or wheel weight that you do want. Because I use 1 , bumping Fei to 90 on wheel brings back that weight. 100 would be perfect but it's too noisy. 90 is a good compromise for me.

The dpr and spr settings are smoothing out all that I think is wrong with a torque setting over 1. So you end up with a really luxurious, smooth wheel, but it's smoothing an already dull response . What you end up with is something akin to electronic power steering with not much feedback. This also adds a sort of delay to the response. That's why I use 0.

Now in game sensitivity is magical. I would go 10 if I could. The higher the sensitivity setting the more pronounced weight transfer is, the wheel gets really light when cresting hills for example. But it worsens the on center behaviour of compatibilty mode . Hopefully once we get full integration we can start taking advantage of this.

The settings I use will feel very light at first coming from t4, but if you get acclimated you'll really appreciate subtleties. And if you go back to 4 you will quickly see all the detail you lost.

PS: I'm using a wheel stand not a rig. I'm sure stronger would be more manageable on a rig , but it still wont take away that elastic feel.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share my settings:

In-Game controller sen 0 FFB torque 5 and sensitivty 1

CSL Elite PS4 Settings:

Sen aut
FF 100
SHO OFF
ABS OFF
DRI -05
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR OFF
BRF 080
FEI 070

Setting Damper to 0 was for me the key to a good feeling...

[QUOTE = "YasMarinaM3, bericht: 12004093, lid: 290920"] Ik heb zojuist GT Sport opgepakt en overweegt een wiel te kopen. Ik ben een grote fan van Project Cars en speel op Xbox One momenteel met een Thrustmaster TX-wiel. Ik ben blij met hoe het TX-wiel presteert met PCars 1 en 2. Dat gezegd zijnde. Ik heb overwogen om nog een wiel te kopen. Ik heb gekeken naar de Fanatec CSL Elite voor PS4 met load cell-pedalen, die ik ook de mogelijkheid zal hebben om velgen in te wisselen voor Xbox-compatibiliteit als dat nodig is. Voor jullie die de CSL-elites runnen, ben je blij met de prestaties of raad je iets beters aan? Ik ben niet tegen het uitgeven van meer $ $$$. Ik wil gewoon geen geld verspillen met iets waar ik niet tevreden mee ben. Dat is de reden waarom ik het TM TX-wiel noemde. Heeft iemand die de Thrustmaster TX en CSL Elite voor PS4 heeft gebruikt feedback op mij? Op dit moment heb ik alleen GT-sport gespeeld met de controller en voor mij heb ik het gevoel dat ik veel mis. Ik heb 14 uur in PCars 2 gezet met mijn wiel in 1 week en met een knaller. De controller wordt gewoon saai met GT-sport en ik hoop dat een wiel me beter van dit spel zal laten genieten. [/ QUOTE]

De Thrustmaster T-GT: het racestuur is goed, maar de pedalen van de Thrustmaster T-GT zijn niet goed, of de CSL Elite Racing Wheel ps4 met Club Sport Pedalen V3 die goed zijn

The Thrustmaster T-GT: racing wheel is good, but the pedals of the Thrustmaster T-GT is not good, or the CSL Elite Racing Wheel ps4 with Club Sport Pedals V3 which are good

The Thrustmaster T-GT: racing wheel is good, but the pedals of the Thrustmaster T-GT is not good, or the CSL Elite Racing Wheel ps4 with Club Sport Pedals V3 which are good
Ignoring the messy posts. Buy a drive hub. You can use your tx on ps4 with it. And also use Fanatec pedals if you want.

Ignoring the messy posts. Buy a drive hub. You can use your tx on ps4 with it. And also use Fanatec pedals if you want.

I'm still a little noob when it comes simracing gear... do you know if I could use the g25 shifter with CSL elite wheel and pedals?

I will be getting later on the Fanatec shifter, but as i have no bucks and the g25 set laying in the closet it would be cool to kinda use it meanwhile..

I'm still a little noob when it comes simracing gear... do you know if I could use the g25 shifter with CSL elite wheel and pedals?

I will be getting later on the Fanatec shifter, but as i have no bucks and the g25 set laying in the closet it would be cool to kinda use it meanwhile..
It should work with a drivehub

7/1/1

For 100
ffb 100
Fei 90
Spr 0
Dpr 0
Dri -03
Sen Aut

Would you mind sharing a car and setting you are going for ?

As so far I have only tuned cars to drift for ps4 pad and they just don't work when using a wheel... it's like immediate spin even tho on a pad they work perfect.

Driving line and cones to a lesser extent should be the be outlawed.
Would you mind sharing a car and setting you are going for ?

As so far I have only tuned cars to drift for ps4 pad and they just don't work when using a wheel... it's like immediate spin even tho on a pad they work perfect.
I have no time for tuning and I only play sport mode and non tuning lobbies.

Here the issue I see with your settings on the csl. I don't think you are getting a lot of detail. Yes there is personal preference but a lot of resistance , which many folks thinks make for excellent ffb, and no detail is not what you want.

I'm used to have a heavy wheel but I agree it feels really dump. I will try your settings and will use it for a longer time in order to get used to it.

I don't know about their wheels, but I have been using Fanatec CSR Elite pedals (now discontinued - I got them secondhand) with my T300 wheel and they're great, especially the loadcell on the brake. I use these with a Thrustmaster T300 and Leather 28 GT rim - I've just bought a Basherboards CPX adaptor so I can plug the Fanatec pedals into the T300 to give compatibility with my recently-acquired PS4 Pro. So if you can't afford a complete Fanatec setup, doing something like this is another option (the Basherboards CPX unit allows all Fanatec pedals to be connected to Thrustmaster servo units, thus giving PS4 compatibility).

Does no one else have extreme side to side wobbling using this wheel, Ive had enough of it. The paddle shifter sliced my finger open when it spun around violently. Why its not being written into the game I dont know, I think its because Thrustmaster clearly have their noses right up GT software coders arses.

Back