Are you happy with your Fanatec CSL Elite?

Loving mine . Here are my settings.

7/1/1

For 100
ffb 100
Fei 90
Spr 0
Dpr 0
Dri -03
Sen Aut

Traits are a light wheel with very detailed information. There is more weight transfer feel on the table if you use higher in game sensitivity, but the wheel gets choppy around the center, especially with fei set that high.

Ok , came back to share a tweak. My wheel was previously on a stand but now it's mounted to a solids rig it's a little light on resistance. I initially raised torque to 2 and not surprisingly it had too much resistance. Adding damper to 70 helped, but it soon became apparent damper should be avoided like the plague. The wheel felt good but the responsiness of the wheel took a hit and lap times suffered. After a couple days , Ive finally hit pay dirt with the settings below. I basically raised fei to 100 and dropped FF to 80 in contrast to my previos settings. Now torgue 2 is very mangable. Road feel took a slight decline but overall the balance of feel and responsiveness is great.

7/2/1

For 100
ffb 80
Fei 100
Spr 0
Dpr 0
Dri -03
Sen Aut

Edit.. Front wheels on my TT seem bit vague. Will play with settings to eek out more feel.

Last edited:
Is it possible this wheel will never get full GT sport support? That would be a problem for I and others who are cross shopping it with TM products. I don't plan on upgrading my wheel immediately, but will do so sometime next year probably. Besides the support issue, is anyone having other problems? My first Fanatec product a long while back had issues pretty early on. Not just hardware but software that required dissecting wheel and installing V2 kit by yourself, which I was not even aware of at that time. For 500$ I prefer it works well out of the box like TM products. T-GT wheel will eventually be lowered to match that price too likely. And t300 Alcantara might even go for 300$. Which is something to consider.

Wonder what peoples experiences are with hardware so far...

I stopped for now fiddling around with the FBB and wait until PD incorporated the wheel in Game. Fanatec confirmed hat PD and SMS are working on the wheel support.

@LordDrift. I like your old settings - they are for sure quicker then my old setup with the heavy wheel. But especially in non-racing cars they are just a bit too light for my personal taste. Surface/road feel was a little bit too weak. Additionally I found that it is also very dependent on the car class and racetrack.

I found now my my personal compromise.

In-Game Settings:

Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0 (applies only to DS4 controllers, not for wheels)
FFB Max Torque: 3
FFB Sensitivity: 2

Wheel Settings CSL E PS4
SEN: Aut (should be then 1080' in GTS - not sure?)
FF: 90-100
SHO: 100
ABS: 100
Dri: -03
FOR: 100
SPR: 50 (but no impact in GTS, only in Menu)
DPR: 50 (but no impact in GTS, only in Menu)
BRF: 40 (in connection w CSP V3 Pedals)
FEI: 100

Tested intensively on Nordschleife with the Porsche GT3 RSR, standard setup with TC 1.

As always there will be some personal taste. After the issues with the TT I've tweaked once more , I also race with no assists and gr3 was a little strange , that 2 torque is doing something similar to what damping does , I'm sure of it. The steering response gets pretty vague as this number goes up. Feels great though until you need to rapid fire counter steer and not just catch a slide one way.

so I'm back to torque t1 and now using s6, ie 7/1/6 and back to ffb 100 on wheel fei is also still at 100 - Using headphones on the new rig so the noise doesn't bother me , plus I find on the rig it's way more muted than on the stand.. The center is choppy but i like the balance so I can live with the trade off, and find holding wheel a tad off center still results in a straight line without the choppiness.

Loving it n0w

Back