ARL F1500TA Battle of the Bay - Sept. 4th

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 325 comments
To confirm or not to confirm that is the question. By confirming I’m saying I’ll be there to race. But if I confirm I must commit to race and I am not sure if I want to confirm a confirmation just yet. If I don’t confirm I don’t “protect” a confirmed spot on the grid. But by confirming, I could potentially be taking the place of a confirmee who may confirm a confirmation placement on the grid. So I am confirming that I am thinking about confirming but I’m not confirming a confirmation just yet.
:lol::lol::lol::cheers: Tentative it is!

GRID UPDATE, HALF FILLED FOR SEASON FINALE!

F1500 GRID.jpg

Even though I'm not racing, I did some running tonight. Looks like I can hit a 53 in qualifying but my race pace is in the mid to low 54s. Setup is similar to what I had for Infield A II but the transmission is adjusted slightly. Again, you'll need to flip the transmission to set it exactly how I have it (instructions on how to flip).

Now to reveal my secrets:

For the start, use TC 1 and start in 2nd gear at 60 to 70% throttle. Once I get going, I click off TC when I shift to third. Skipping the 1st to 2nd shift saves a ton of time. That's how I was always a rocket off the line.
On track, don't go lower than 3rd gear (only possible with the transmission tune I have). That eliminates a shift in the low speed section and saves rear tires as well.

And since I did a decent amount of running, here's a practice start with one hot lap afterwards, so you can see how I drive (the laps weren't perfect but still decently quick):

Attachments

• F1500 BMB Infield A - 2019-10-02.png
    F1500 BMB Infield A - 2019-10-02.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 13
Even though I'm not racing, I did some running tonight. Looks like I can hit a 53 in qualifying but my race pace is in the mid to low 54s. Setup is similar to what I had for Infield A II but the transmission is adjusted slightly. Again, you'll need to flip the transmission to set it exactly how I have it (instructions on how to flip).

Now to reveal my secrets:

For the start, use TC 1 and start in 2nd gear at 60 to 70% throttle. Once I get going, I click off TC when I shift to third. Skipping the 1st to 2nd shift saves a ton of time. That's how I was always a rocket off the line.
On track, don't go lower than 3rd gear (only possible with the transmission tune I have). That eliminates a shift in the low speed section and saves rear tires as well.

And since I did a decent amount of running, here's a practice start with one hot lap afterwards, so you can see how I drive (the laps weren't perfect but still decently quick):

You sir are a gentleman. It really means a lot that you are willing to help out everyone involved!!

You sir are a gentleman. It really means a lot that you are willing to help out everyone involved!!

Indeed. Its nice when somebody shares setup advice. He has been helpful for sure.

Thanks to his help with setups I actually like this car more now. Ran the car on Nurburgring 24 hr course last night. Was a lot of scarey fun haha

are the points up to date?
dont think my position changed after last night just curious to see where we all ended up

Thanks a bunch. It was a fun season and was kind of nice to be able to mess with tuning(well I mainly stole FD3SSpiritR's tune). Would love to do a series with this car again sometime. Maybe make a GTS version of the Indy Racing League where you have a couple of ovals, a few road courses and a street circuit.

Had a blast! Thanks PA!!!!!

Thanks a bunch. It was a fun season and was kind of nice to be able to mess with tuning(well I mainly stole FD3SSpiritR's tune). Would love to do a series with this car again sometime. Maybe make a GTS version of the Indy Racing League where you have a couple of ovals, a few road courses and a street circuit.

Had a blast! Thanks PA!!!!!

I would like to return to the series soon.

I will definitely keep you in mind when testing out new ideas for the series.

Back