ARL F1500TA Battle of the Bay - Sept. 4th

  • Thread starter Thread starter PApunk924
  • 325 comments
  • 15,168 views
To confirm or not to confirm that is the question. By confirming I’m saying I’ll be there to race. But if I confirm I must commit to race and I am not sure if I want to confirm a confirmation just yet. If I don’t confirm I don’t “protect” a confirmed spot on the grid. But by confirming, I could potentially be taking the place of a confirmee who may confirm a confirmation placement on the grid. So I am confirming that I am thinking about confirming but I’m not confirming a confirmation just yet.
:lol::lol::lol::cheers: Tentative it is!
 
GRID UPDATE, HALF FILLED FOR SEASON FINALE!

F1500 GRID.jpg
 
Don’t y’all wish pimp my ride came back and did the same ole **** like nothing Ever happened.


I would totally watch like 3 1/2 more new eps for old times sake.
 
Looks like I wont make it tonight, my apologies. Something changes, I let you know.
 
Even though I'm not racing, I did some running tonight. Looks like I can hit a 53 in qualifying but my race pace is in the mid to low 54s. Setup is similar to what I had for Infield A II but the transmission is adjusted slightly. Again, you'll need to flip the transmission to set it exactly how I have it (instructions on how to flip).

Now to reveal my secrets:

For the start, use TC 1 and start in 2nd gear at 60 to 70% throttle. Once I get going, I click off TC when I shift to third. Skipping the 1st to 2nd shift saves a ton of time. That's how I was always a rocket off the line.
On track, don't go lower than 3rd gear (only possible with the transmission tune I have). That eliminates a shift in the low speed section and saves rear tires as well.

And since I did a decent amount of running, here's a practice start with one hot lap afterwards, so you can see how I drive (the laps weren't perfect but still decently quick):

 

Attachments

  • F1500 BMB Infield A - 2019-10-02.png
    F1500 BMB Infield A - 2019-10-02.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 27
Even though I'm not racing, I did some running tonight. Looks like I can hit a 53 in qualifying but my race pace is in the mid to low 54s. Setup is similar to what I had for Infield A II but the transmission is adjusted slightly. Again, you'll need to flip the transmission to set it exactly how I have it (instructions on how to flip).

Now to reveal my secrets:

For the start, use TC 1 and start in 2nd gear at 60 to 70% throttle. Once I get going, I click off TC when I shift to third. Skipping the 1st to 2nd shift saves a ton of time. That's how I was always a rocket off the line.
On track, don't go lower than 3rd gear (only possible with the transmission tune I have). That eliminates a shift in the low speed section and saves rear tires as well.

And since I did a decent amount of running, here's a practice start with one hot lap afterwards, so you can see how I drive (the laps weren't perfect but still decently quick):


You sir are a gentleman. It really means a lot that you are willing to help out everyone involved!!
 
You sir are a gentleman. It really means a lot that you are willing to help out everyone involved!!

Indeed. Its nice when somebody shares setup advice. He has been helpful for sure.

Thanks to his help with setups I actually like this car more now. Ran the car on Nurburgring 24 hr course last night. Was a lot of scarey fun haha
 
I will not be in attendance tonight.
 
are the points up to date?
dont think my position changed after last night just curious to see where we all ended up
 
are the points up to date?
dont think my position changed after last night just curious to see where we all ended up

Not yet. I didn't send the results out to nick yet
 
LOL...After collecting myself, and getting up off the floor from LMFAO, the season final points and standings have been updated:
Results from week 6:

F1500R.jpg


Points Update:

F1500P.jpg


Season Stats Update:

F1500S.jpg


And the ARL F1500TA Podium finishers! Congrats to @FD3SSpiritR, @Moby45 and @Phlano099. Well done gentlemen!

F1500T.jpg


POINTS BY WEEK:


F1500TAP.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks a bunch. It was a fun season and was kind of nice to be able to mess with tuning(well I mainly stole FD3SSpiritR's tune). Would love to do a series with this car again sometime. Maybe make a GTS version of the Indy Racing League where you have a couple of ovals, a few road courses and a street circuit.


Had a blast! Thanks PA!!!!!
 
Thanks a bunch. It was a fun season and was kind of nice to be able to mess with tuning(well I mainly stole FD3SSpiritR's tune). Would love to do a series with this car again sometime. Maybe make a GTS version of the Indy Racing League where you have a couple of ovals, a few road courses and a street circuit.


Had a blast! Thanks PA!!!!!

I would like to return to the series soon.

I will definitely keep you in mind when testing out new ideas for the series.
 
Back