ARL Super GT

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 591 comments
I put down some quick laps for reference on my DS4 to start getting ready for Friday. I'll post them here in case they are helpful to anyone. Take the times with a grain of salt because I had to use my old original ds4 with sticky shoulder buttons but tge laps are generally solid, the lines at least.

Last edited:
Always 100%
So 100 liters right thank you. Edit: Also I have been keeping up with the thread and the driver I am replacing seem to have a +2 weight addition, do I add this to my car? Are we running the BOP for starting Numbers on our cars? I am sorry for all the question I just need to know before I start practicing so I can have the exact parameters of the car I’ll be racing. Thank you!

Last edited:
So 100 liters right thank you. Edit: Also I have been keeping up with the thread and the driver I am replacing seem to have a +2 weight addition, do I add this to my car? Are we running the BOP for starting Numbers on our cars? I am sorry for all the question I just need to know before I start practicing so I can have the exact parameters of the car I’ll be racing. Thank you!
As a new driver you should be starting out at the base bop. Don't worry, the ballast will come and it will add up fast lol.

We are doing Fuji short right? How many laps again? There was a chart but it seems it’s not up anymore.

To clarify, 56 laps for the gt500's and however many laps the 300's end up doing in that time. Need to look at the gap between the 2 divisions and try to calculate how many times we'll get lapped over the course of the race to estimate laps thus estimate fuel needed.

To clarify, 56 laps for the gt500's and however many laps the 300's end up doing in that time. Need to look at the gap between the 2 divisions and try to calculate how many times we'll get lapped over the course of the race to estimate laps thus estimate fuel needed.
Yea bro this is going to be tricky.. I see the pit opens on lap 7... that mean from lap 7 on is when we can go for tires and fuel right?

Soon...

download.jpeg

Those two cars are already taken for the season. You may have just subbed for an absent driver.

Regular drivers, could you please post your intent for the rest of the season? I need to know who plans on racing the rest of the season. Guido was the only one who had to stop from my knowledge
Plan on going all season 👍🏽

ARL Super GT - Practice Lobby open

CLOSED - Family guests

Last edited:
Good Morning ARL.... today is Race Day!! Tonight, we'll be completing 56 laps of Fuji Shortcourse for a total of just over 250km. You read that right... 250km!! This is the first of our longer races and...oh yeah...DOUBLE POINTS!!!.

(Disclaimer, entering the chicane at the beginning of Sector 3 will lead to a bad time....dont do it, lol. SHORT COURSE!)

As usual, final race lobby will be open by 9:40EST and will be hosted by either @Moby45 or myself. Qualifying promptly starts at 10pm EST.

Last round, a GTR stood on the top step again in GT500. But...those Lexuses (Lexus's, Lexus', Lexi????) were looking mighty fast. Can they put it all together? I bet those two NSXs have something to say about it!! In GT300... noone took my advice last week of 'KillWhitey!" Senior Blanco put together fast laps and good strategy to come out on top...but now he's heavy! Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche and those new Toyotas have him in their sights now. I hear a new Honda may be on the grid...nice and light.

25% more laps, 25% more action, 25% more jokes about DrSpyderPig running out of fuel... 100% more points!!

Join us tonight for Round 5, ARL SuperGT at Fuji Short!!

(ARL is not responsible for any back pain, ankle pain, mental anguish or loose bowels incurred due to the extended nature of this race. Please consult a physician if you feel these symptoms or just want your prostate checked)

Who will be the new Mr. FUJI-MAN???

As Crow said I will be hosting tonight but will most likely not have my headset on. My a/c is out at my house and I burned my ears up last night with them on my head for only an hour. I was welcomed to 88 degrees inside the house after i got home from work, i promptly left the house and went straight to the bar until the sun went down lol

So GT300 cars, I will habe no warning to give you when coming up on you aside from flashing lights. Just stay in your chosen line and I will find my way around no problems.

Lets have a great race tonight!

Last edited:
As Crow said I will be hosting tonight but will most likely not have my headset on. My a/c is out at my house and I burned my ears up last night with them on my head for only an hour. I was welcomed to 88 degrees inside the house after i got home from work, i promptly left the house and went straight to the bar until the sun went down lol

So GT300 cars, I will habe no warning to give you when coming up on you aside from flashing lights. Just stay in your chosen line and I will find my way around no problems.

Lets have a great race tonight!
Ill be hoping to be close to moby, so if i am, i can try to vocally help with the heads up

Good race last night everyone! I had a lot of fun, I have been thinking about the race all night lol. I cannot wait til next race hopefully I don’t debacle my fuel strategy, I lost a lot of time in the pits. I also had some bad luck with the GT500 cars for some odd reason. Congrats to the Toyota and McLaren on 1st and 2nd.

Yeah, that was a fun race. Traffic was intense last night. Gt300s were so bottled up, I could never get the whole pack in one shot. Gt500s kept breaking the gt300s up, and then they'd reform before the next time around.

Off week next friday everyone (though I'm sure a practice room will be up).

See y'all at Autopolis!!

That was an awesome race last night. I had the pace to compete but spun up my left rear tire on the curb exiting turn 1 and went for a wild ride, losing 20 seconds in the process. Still, I clicked off low 42's and even high 41's all race long and finished the race with 0.1 liters. My strategy was perfect if not for that wreck to keep me close enough to challenge late.

Not looking forward to Autopolis. Have never done well there and the track is completely unforgiving with no runoff, just death if you have an off. It is going to take a lot of practice to be competent next race. I'll be watching this tutorial a lot.

That was an awesome race last night. I had the pace to compete but spun up my left rear tire on the curb exiting turn 1 and went for a wild ride, losing 20 seconds in the process. Still, I clicked off low 42's and even high 41's all race long and finished the race with 0.1 liters. My strategy was perfect if not for that wreck to keep me close enough to challenge late.

Not looking forward to Autopolis. Have never done well there and the track is completely unforgiving with no runoff, just death if you have an off. It is going to take a lot of practice to be competent next race. I'll be watching this tutorial a lot.

My fuel strategy was terrible, costed me big time.

Last edited:
My fuel strategy was terrible, costed me big time.
Run as many laps as you can in a practice lobby to find your average fuel used per lap. I was very steady at 3.5 liters per lap so it was easy to get it perfect this time. Had Moby not passed me in the final sector I was going to have to pit for a lap of fuel though. I was certain 48 laps was a lock. Speed it up next time @Moby45!

Not a GT500 track per se
Sorta like F1 on a Kart track
I foree much drifting 🤣

My poor performance at Fuji still stings. Waiting 2 weeks for redemption is a tough pill to swallow. So I've turned my energy into a force for good and finally gone ahead and inverted my pedals so they have a more natural feeling (hopefully). I need to make some adjustments to my setup and reconfigure the pedals to flip the throttle and clutch and I should be good to go to start practicing and getting used to the new setup. I hope to be on tonight finding my way around Autopolis, I'll post the room number in here if that happens.

My poor performance at Fuji still stings. Waiting 2 weeks for redemption is a tough pill to swallow. So I've turned my energy into a force for good and finally gone ahead and inverted my pedals so they have a more natural feeling (hopefully). I need to make some adjustments to my setup and reconfigure the pedals to flip the throttle and clutch and I should be good to go to start practicing and getting used to the new setup. I hope to be on tonight finding my way around Autopolis, I'll post the room number in here if that happens.

Hopefully it works out for you! Lol that weight is still going to be there.

I still don't know why people invert the peds. I like them on the ground like they would be on a gokart or race car.

Latest Posts

Back