ARL Super GT

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 591 comments
Definitely going to miss racing this week. Especially after last races disaster at the end 😂 Gonna be hungry for the next one forsure. Good luck everyone!
Yeah, sucks you cant make it, but hopefully we'll have you next round!!

Good Morning ARL... it's race day!!!

Tonight we'll be completing 44 laps (250km) of our favorite curvy girl...Suzuka!! I am planned host tonight (though fair warning... there's a chance I'm out tonight... I hope not!!). Final lobby will be open by 9:40 EST, however keep an eye open for practice lobbies prior to that.

Last round...stuff happened. We'll leave it at that...

Sorry I'm not writing more... I'm struggling today and hope I can make the race.

Oh, did I mention... DOUBLE POINTS!!!

Suzuka. 250km. Tonight. ARL SuperGT!!

Last edited:
Good Morning ARL... it's race day!!!

Tonight we'll be completing 44 laps (250km) of our favorite curvy girl...Suzuka!! I am planned host tonight (though fair warning... there's a chance I'm out tonight... I hope not!!). Final lobby will be open by 9:40 EST, however keep an eye open for practice lobbies prior to that.

Last round...stuff happened. We'll leave it at that...

Sorry I'm not writing more... I'm struggling today and hope I can make the race.

Suzuka. 250km. Tonight. ARL SuperGT!!
Isn't tonight double points??? LOL!

F291914B-2131-4355-9438-27C64C27A1DE.jpeg

The NSX is prepped and ready for Suzuka!!!

Next season is there any way you could add some additional gr4 cars like the BMW and Mercedes as options? I don’t know enough about the different types of GT cars to know if that is possible in this format. I might be able to get away with some Friday racing but the cars I would want to drive are taken.

Next season is there any way you could add some additional gr4 cars like the BMW and Mercedes as options? I don’t know enough about the different types of GT cars to know if that is possible in this format. I might be able to get away with some Friday racing but the cars I would want to drive are taken.
Maybe DTM next season ?

Maybe DTM next season ?
I don’t know enough about the different touring car and GT car classes to say. I am not trying to advocate for any big change. I also realized after I posted that of course the series has to be limited to lobby sizes so you cannot add cars without subtracting. I would just suggest maybe swapping out the Gr4 Toyota with something else if possible. It may be that nothing else fits this series just right, I am not sure.

That was a great race last night. I had @JDMKING13 as my pick to win but @PApunk924 as my darkhorse but it was tighter than I thought and I in no way expected @Stryker13 be as fast as he was with +6/+7 ballast. And no I didn't let you past @Stryker13 that was as fast as I could go on the straights lol. The -2 power just kills the porsche on the straight, I couldn't pass anyone. Here are my post race thoughts.

@JDMKING13 you are incredibly fast! I wasn't too familiar with you when you joined but you have established yourself as a top driver right out of the gate. You definitely could have won fuji and it took an alien invasion to keep you off the top of the podium at autopolis. Great win at suzuka, you have entered the championship fight while only making 3 of 7 races, incredible!

@aedenmaddok drove a really smart race and from what it sounded like put himself in a position to win at the end which is unbelievable given how far back he came from. Especially impressed with the patience and intelligent driving during the first stint. You bought your time and saved your fuel and tires for a second half push that nearly paid off. I could take some notes, I was so outgunned on the straights that it was hard not to drive desperately in the curves since that was my only chance to get by anyone.
Sorry for the bumps @PApunk924 and @Rotary_Pilot i had to be on your bumper exiting corners because even in the draft i lost about half a second to everyone on the straights. But I could have done a better job of managing the space that is for sure.

@Rotary_Pilot was an absolute rocket in the mclaren. Had you not had the few hiccups early on you may have won rotary. @PApunk924 you outdrove me again you bastard haha. That Ferrari seems so wide when you are driving it. I could make up a few tenths in sector 2 but gave it back on the straight. I just couldn't touch you. @TEX36 had a great drive and good points, great job Tex! You are getting faster every week. You have clearly been putting the work in.

@KIZMxT it's a shame you had that spin. You were the fastest car in the field even with the ballast and that had to be gutting. Good job hanging in there and grabbing a bonus point for your troubles. @Drummer79 good to race you again, now keep your kids off your profile so you can finish the last 2 races haha.

@Stryker13 that was probably the most unfortunate disconnect I've ever seen, you were definitely going to beat me and extend your point lead had that not happened. I had absolutely nothing for you and I was at the absolute limit in my porsche. You have the momentum though and an edge after the drop so I think you're still in the drivers seat for the championship.

I am in a total rut at the moment. Hopefully the half ballast allows me to get my mojo back. It's been a disappointing run ever since kyoto. I have no excuses for myself, all of you have just been whipping my butt week in and week out. I am excited for Sardegna. The last 2 races will be pressure packed!

P.S. the Porsche is going up for sale if anyone is looking to switch. I am looking to try something different next season. Havent decided what yet, we'll see what changes come for season 4 and how the selection process is handled but I am interested in switching things up.

That was a great race last night. I had @JDMKING13 as my pick to win but @PApunk924 as my darkhorse but it was tighter than I thought and I in no way expected @Stryker13 be as fast as he was with +6/+7 ballast. And no I didn't let you past @Stryker13 that was as fast as I could go on the straights lol. The -2 power just kills the porsche on the straight, I couldn't pass anyone. Here are my post race thoughts.

@JDMKING13 you are incredibly fast! I wasn't too familiar with you when you joined but you have established yourself as a top driver right out of the gate. You definitely could have won fuji and it took an alien invasion to keep you off the top of the podium at autopolis. Great win at suzuka, you have entered the championship fight while only making 3 of 7 races, incredible!

@aedenmaddok drove a really smart race and from what it sounded like put himself in a position to win at the end which is unbelievable given how far back he came from. Especially impressed with the patience and intelligent driving during the first stint. You bought your time and saved your fuel and tires for a second half push that nearly paid off. I could take some notes, I was so outgunned on the straights that it was hard not to drive desperately in the curves since that was my only chance to get by anyone.
Sorry for the bumps @PApunk924 and @Rotary_Pilot i had to be on your bumper exiting corners because even in the draft i lost about half a second to everyone on the straights. But I could have done a better job of managing the space that is for sure.

@Rotary_Pilot was an absolute rocket in the mclaren. Had you not had the few hiccups early on you may have won rotary. @PApunk924 you outdrove me again you bastard haha. That Ferrari seems so wide when you are driving it. I could make up a few tenths in sector 2 but gave it back on the straight. I just couldn't touch you. @TEX36 had a great drive and good points, great job Tex! You are getting faster every week. You have clearly been putting the work in.

@KIZMxT it's a shame you had that spin. You were the fastest car in the field even with the ballast and that had to be gutting. Good job hanging in there and grabbing a bonus point for your troubles. @Drummer79 good to race you again, now keep your kids off your profile so you can finish the last 2 races haha.

@Stryker13 that was probably the most unfortunate disconnect I've ever seen, you were definitely going to beat me and extend your point lead had that not happened. I had absolutely nothing for you and I was at the absolute limit in my porsche. You have the momentum though and an edge after the drop so I think you're still in the drivers seat for the championship.

I am in a total rut at the moment. Hopefully the half ballast allows me to get my mojo back. It's been a disappointing run ever since kyoto. I have no excuses for myself, all of you have just been whipping my butt week in and week out. I am excited for Sardegna. The last 2 races will be pressure packed!

P.S. the Porsche is going up for sale if anyone is looking to switch. I am looking to try something different next season. Havent decided what yet, we'll see what changes come for season 4 and how the selection process is handled but I am interested in switching things up.
@Whitey093 I knew you had to be right on my bumper, and the taps were very minor, no effect on my race. With -1 hp instead of -2 you'd have gotten by. You were consistently faster through the corners and got a better exit, even with all those bodies in the trunk, just no power to capitalize on those straights.

While @JDMKING13 got a nice gap early, you could cover P2-P5 with a blanket all the way through the pit stops.

Hated to see @KIZMxT spin and @Stryker13 DC.

The Honda Boys had 1 and 2 in their grasp, sorry to see @aedenmaddok get caught in the astro coming out of spoon, but that did let me sneak the McLaren into P2 to split the Hondas.

Championship is tight, ballast is going down, should be an exciting finish to the season.

I am planning on switching things up next season as well. Have spent a lot of time in the Gr4 McLaren, across a few series now.

@Whitey093 I knew you had to be right on my bumper, and the taps were very minor, no effect on my race. With -1 hp instead of -2 you'd have gotten by. You were consistently faster through the corners and got a better exit, even with all those bodies in the trunk, just no power to capitalize on those straights.

While @JDMKING13 got a nice gap early, you could cover P2-P5 with a blanket all the way through the pit stops.

Hated to see @KIZMxT spin and @Stryker13 DC.

The Honda Boys had 1 and 2 in their grasp, sorry to see @aedenmaddok get caught in the astro coming out of spoon, but that did let me sneak the McLaren into P2 to split the Hondas.

Championship is tight, ballast is going down, should be an exciting finish to the season.

I am planning on switching things up next season as well. Have spent a lot of time in the Gr4 McLaren, across a few series now.
Perhaps a trade is in order. I test all 5 vehicles each week to get an idea of what to expect. I even put the appropriate ballast for the driver I am targeting. I am consistently slowest in the mclaren by a fair margin so I see that as an opportunity to learn and challenge myself. Seems like the mclaren takes a different approach whereas, for me, the toyota and honda I can just jump in and be competitive out of the box. Like they fit my driving style to a tee. Where's the fun in that though right.

It is so refreshing to drive a GT2 @ full power after a season of driving those sweet handling, underpowered Porsche GT3, and GT4's

A double sided sword would sum up my race last night. While I had a great time, being sick made it extremely tough for that 39 lap race! I would like to thank the whole ARL team for hosting these great events! This league has just brought another dimension to GTS for me. If I had to pick the driver of the day it would be my teammate @aedenmaddok. From missing qualifying and still to be on the podium was great to see. He defiantly deserved 1st place, I could not believe when I saw the yellow flag towards the end of the race. As I said before it was a tough race, and to stay clean on Suzuka is a hard task.

@Whitey093 Thank you for the kind words! me having low ballast has help me but as you told me before the weight comes on fast. I got extremely lucky to get first place, I will take it but I know I have to get better. That race and racing in this league reminds you yo have too keep 100% focus. When I tell you guys my heart dropped when I slid out across first corner, its the worst feeling. @Rotary_Pilot You ran a great race man way to stay focus through out the whole race. I know your eyes opened up wide during the last lap towards the end of the race. 😄 Watching the replay it was a lot of action in the midfield, from crashes, passes and just tight driving. Great racing last night guys cant wait for next race its going to be a good one!

Championship points have been updated and ballast as well. Double check your ballast to make sure it all looks good.

Manufacture Points after Round 7:

GT500

Nissan - 147
Lexus - 140
Honda - 137

GT300
McLaren - 129
Honda - 113
Porsche -102
Ferrari - 84

Toyota - 77

Back