Arrakis Speed Shop//UPDATED 4/4/16// NSX-R 500pp SH-SS/

• Thread starter feydrautha
  • 623 comments
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_2.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63

Requested by @Sick Cylinder. Not an easy car to drive stock. I think I've managed to make it a touch easier to drive, but it will still bite if you are not patient. I can drive it just fine; but watching my friend, @blatantA, who is sitting next to me on the couch, try to drive it does not not give me hope for others. :ill:

588pp
629hp
1168kg

Racing Hard Tires

Rims std.

No driving aids except ABS 1

Ride height
100 101

Springs
15.29 12.48

Dampers
C 3 6
E 4 3

ARB
3 4

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
0.02 0.04

Racing Brakes
2 3

Transmission

Set final to 5.000
Set top speed to 124mph
Set top gear to 1.120
Set final to 3.730
Set gears

1:3.051
2:2.250
3:1.759
4:1.392
5:1.120

Final 3.730

LSD

Std. Driveshaft
Std. clutch

Power
All standard

Weight
No reduction
Std. Hood
Std. Windows
Rigidity up

Downforce
405. 570

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3.jpg

Last edited:
High Speed Ring.jpg
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97

This car will pretty much do whatever you want it to. There is something very satisfying about this engine mated to the staggered gearing of a 5-speed.

Updated for new physics 9/13/14

578pp
610hp
985kg

Sport Soft Tires

Rims standard.

Ride height
90 92

Springs
6.02 5.57

Dampers
C 3 6
E 4 3

ARB
3 4

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
0.02 0.04

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 4.500
Set top speed to 124mph
Set top gear to 1.202
Set final to 2.873
Set gears

1:3.219
2:2.408
3:1.876
4:1.486
5:1.202

Final 2.873

LSD

Carbon driveshaft
Triple plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports comp
Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning
Nitrous- no

Weight
Stage 3 reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Rigidity up
Ballast 40kg
Position (+45)
High Speed Ring_1.jpg

Last edited:
City of Arts and Sciences - Night_8.jpg

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_9.jpg
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

JDM cornering machine! The laptimes that this car is capable of are pretty insane. The rotary noise and power delivery on this one are also pretty epic.

625pp
686hp
1039kg

Sport Soft Tires

Rims std

Ride height
90 91

Springs
5.78 6.54

Dampers
C 3 6
E 4 3

ARB
4 2

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
0.02 0.03

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 5.000
Set top speed to 124mph
Set top gear to 1.123
Set final to 3.595
Set gears

1:3.628
2:3.607
3:2.011
4:1.612
5:1.324
6:1.123

Final 3.595

Transmission for Nurburgring

Set final to 5.000
Set top speed to 124mph
Set top gear to 0.984
Set final to 3.055
Set gears

1:3.628
2:2.607
3:2.011
4:1.572
5:1.243
6:0.984

Final 3.055

LSD

Carbon driveshaft
Triple plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports comp
Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning
High rpm turbo
Nitrous- no

Weight
Stage 3 reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Rigidity up
No wing
Aero kit
Flat floor

Downforce
0 50

Matterhorn Rotenboden.jpg

Last edited:
City of Arts and Sciences - Night_6.jpg
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11

Requested by @ThePDTX. It is amazing that you can handle this much power with 4wd. One of my favorite tricks with this car is to use the e-brake lightly to trim the car on corner entry. You can also yank on the e-brake and flick it around low and medium speed corners WRC-style; which is something I never imagined you could do in a 950hp Lambo, but there you go.

The engine has a very musical quality. It almost sounds like there is a miniature Bruce Dickinson or Ronnie James Dio in there, wailing up and down the rev range.

Update 9/26 small change to diff

645pp
956hp
1323kg

Sport Soft Tires

Rims std.

Ride height
80 85

Springs
7.89 10.68

Dampers
C 3 6
E 4 3

ARB
4 2

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
0.02 0.03

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 5.000
Set top speed to 149mph
Set top gear to 1.149
Set final to 3.217
Set gears

1:4.438
2:3.103
3:2.368
4:1.891
5:1.558
6:1.322
7:1.149

Final 3.217

Change the following gears

5:1.519
6:1.240
7:1.021

Final 3.217

LSD
7. 11
18 16
23 24

Torque Split
40:60

Carbon Driveshaft
Triple plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports comp
Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning
Nitrous- no

Weight
Stage 3 reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Rigidity up
Aero kit
Ballast 63kg
Position (-45)

Downforce
50 100

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_7.jpg

Last edited:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09

Stiffer and sharper than the Aventador but not as playful on the e-brake. Similar lap times.

Updated for new physics 9/13/14

640pp
928hp
1314kg

Sport Soft Tires

Rims std

Ride height
80 85

Springs
9.82 15.49

Dampers
C 3 6
E 4 3

ARB
4 2

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
0.02 0.04

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 4.500
Set top speed to 149mph
Set top gear to 1.141
Set final to 3.399
Set gears

1:4.113
2:2.794
3:2.103
4:1.666
5:1.359
6:1.141

Final 3.399

LSD
7. 10
18 17
23 24

Torque Split

Carbon driveshaft
Triple plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports comp
Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning
Nitrous- no

Weight
Stage 3 reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Rigidity up
No wing
Aero kit
Ballast 62kg
Position (-47%)

Downforce
50 100

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 169601 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11

Requested by @ThePDTX. It is amazing that you can handle this much power with 4wd. One of my favorite tricks with this car is to use the e-brake lightly to trim the car on corner entry. You can also jerk the e-brake and go around low and medium speed corners WRC-style; which is something I never imagined you could do in a 950hp Lambo, but there you go.

The engine has a very musical quality. It almost sounds like there is a miniature Bruce Dickinson or Ronnie James Dio in there, wailing up and down the rev range.

645pp
956hp
1323kg

Sport Soft Tires

Rims std.

Ride height
80 85

Springs
7.61 10.33

Dampers
C 3 6
E 4 3

ARB
4 2

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
0.02 0.03

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 5.000
Set top speed to 149mph
Set top gear to 1.149
Set final to 3.217
Set gears

1:4.438
2:3.103
3:2.368
4:1.891
5:1.558
6:1.322
7:1.149

Final 3.217

Change the following gears

5:1.519
6:1.240
7:1.021

Final 3.217

LSD
7. 10
18 16
23 24

Torque Split

Carbon Driveshaft
Triple plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports comp
Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning
Nitrous- no

Weight
Stage 3 reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Rigidity up
Aero kit
Ballast 63kg
Position (-45)

Downforce
50 100

View attachment 169602

View attachment 169603 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09

Stiffer and sharper than the Aventador but not as playful on the e-brake. Similar lap times.

640pp
928hp
1314kg

Sport Soft Tires

Rims std

Ride height
80 85

Springs
9.77 15.44

Dampers
C 3 6
E 4 3

ARB
4 2

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
0.02 0.04

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 4.500
Set top speed to 149mph
Set top gear to 1.141
Set final to 3.399
Set gears

1:4.113
2:2.794
3:2.103
4:1.666
5:1.359
6:1.141

Final 3.399

LSD
7. 10
18 16
23 24

Torque Split

Carbon driveshaft
Triple plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports comp
Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning
Nitrous- no

Weight
Stage 3 reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Rigidity up
No wing
Aero kit
Ballast 62kg
Position (-47%)

Downforce
50 100

View attachment 169604

:drool: Thank you so, so much! Going to try them out this afternoon! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

EDIT: So I've tested them and they are absolutely awesome! Such good handling compared to the massive power and speed they have! You have to remember to break earlier than normal at first because of the speed these things hit, but my god they're so good! Again, thank you very much. :)

Last edited:
:drool: Thank you so, so much! Going to try them out this afternoon! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

EDIT: So I've tested them and they are absolutely awesome! Such good handling compared to the massive power and speed they have! You have to remember to break earlier than normal at first because of the speed these things hit, but my god they're so good! Again, thank you very much. :)

Lol. Glad you liked them. The Aventador in particular is mesmerizing because of the e-brake shenanigans.

Hello Fey.:).. i tried your tunes last night (spitfire, civic, mini, alfa) you know what? Its Amazing!👍 You make all cars faster and easy to drive. Thank you very much for all tunes. Cant wait to try the others when i have time. I think you very good tune FF cars. 👍 . you are my favorite tuner now :D
Do you accept request Fey?
Thanks again
:cheers:

:embarrassed:
Hello Fey.:).. i tried your tunes last night (spitfire, civic, mini, alfa) you know what? Its Amazing!👍 You make all cars faster and easy to drive. Thank you very much for all tunes. Cant wait to try the others when i have time. I think you very good tune FF cars. 👍 . you are my favorite tuner now :D
Do you accept request Fey?
Thanks again
:cheers:

Thanks! That really makes my evening!

PM me about requests;)

:gtpflag:

So 1.09 pretty much wrecked all of my tunes. I am not up to updating all of them now that camber works. If there is anyone out there interested in lending me a hand please let me know. I'm a bit distraught atm.

So 1.09 pretty much wrecked all of my tunes. I am not up to updating all of them now that camber works. If there is anyone out there interested in lending me a hand please let me know. I'm a bit distraught atm.
You've got my sympathies. All those tunes & hours of work :banghead:
Update after update might be good for new content & all but makes me look back at GT4 & remember when a game was finished when it hit the shops.
Nowadays it's like moving the goals when the players are already on the ground :irked:

I'm going to take a break from GT for a while. From what I have read, tunes have to be completely reworked; so it doesn't make sense to just update the existing ones. This thread is dead, but I will be back eventually; once the rage wears off, with a new one. Thanks to everyone who helped out, read and enjoyed my work.

I'll be back.

Feydrautha.

I'm going to take a break from GT for a while. From what I have read, tunes have to be completely reworked; so it doesn't make sense to just update the existing ones. This thread is dead, but I will be back eventually; once the rage wears off, with a new one. Thanks to everyone who helped out, read and enjoyed my work.

I'll be back.

Feydrautha.
Sorry to see you go but I fully understand why.

Even if you only had 10 or 20 tunes, having to re-work them every time PD & Kaz decide to mess with the physics model has to leave a frown & bad taste in the mouth.
I appreciate your hard work, dedication & the time spent here.

Lucky for PD, I don't live local. If I did, they could expect an unhappy visitor banging my fist on the front counter. Do it once & do it right for a change or pass the baton to someone that can. Constantly reinventing the wheel or trying to bake a better cake just causes frustration & unhappy customers.

Again, thankyou Feydrautha

I just tried to find a way to write a strongly worded letter to PD.

Guess what? No way available to write or make contact other than by phone (Please hold, your call is very important to us :yuck:) or walking into reception at head office which I highly doubt is a possibility :irked:

Not surprised really :rolleyes:

Hey Fey... i continue adapt your tunes last night (after update 1.09) about 5-10 cars. I think the tunes still work fine, no problem. This thread is not dead Fey. Its still work and useful for a lot of people. :)

I'll be back.

Feydrautha.
Keep the faith my good man. Trust me, I feel you pain.

I have tried adjusting a few of mine and have found that I have improved laptimes and a much better feel with slightly softer roll bars, minor toe changes and reworking of the LSD. Oh, and obviously some camber;)

I think that with the physics changes a complete rework will give a bigger benefit, but you can still improve the existingting tunes with some fine tuning.

You've put in a lot of great work here and it's a shame to see it go to waste. I know you are frustrated, but it's not that bad. Fresh starts are good and if that's what you want to do then fair enough, I can't stop you.

But game has simply evolved as everyting does, there's no reason your Speed Shop can't do the same.:gtpflag:

Hello, my name is Feydrautha and I have a problem. I tried to stop playing, but I can't. My body needs it to function... give it to me, serve it up, c'mon bro NOW!
Hello faydrautha, welcome to GT Anonymous my friend!
The first step is always the hardest, but everything starts to get easier once you can admit you have a problem.:lol:

I'm finding the driving is a bit more rewarding now. The changes may have wrecked some of our tunes, but I'm finding that some still work ok. I've also been receiving some feedback in my little garage, that some of them are posting up quicker times around some tracks than they were before. It's going to take a long time to get all the old tunes up to date, but it'll be a lot of fun in the process. There's a lot of good stuff in the Camber thread that the guys have been noticing. Some nice little tips there too. As always the tuning community is all working together to understand and improve. You have to love this place at times like this:gtpflag:

Enjoy your driving, get comfortable with the new physics and then when your ready, break out the tool kit and the parts catalogue and get back to business. Glad to see you back bud!

Hello, my name is Feydrautha and I have a problem. I tried to stop playing, but I can't. My body needs it to function... give it to me, serve it up, c'mon bro NOW!
Addiction is a habit :lol:
I find I have to open my garage on a regular basis or I walk around the house making car noises.

Good thing I live by myself or the men in white might have a nice jacket for me :dopey:

Addiction is a habit :lol:
I find I have to open my garage on a regular basis or I walk around the house making car noises.

Good thing I live by myself or the men in white might have a nice jacket for me :dopey:
You and me both man. My real vehicle is still undergoing changes(needs new trans, battery, ect) so gt6 is keeping me sane.

I picked up a few retro SNES and Genesis classics and kind of got sucked in. Got a few cars done, but I'm not sure they feel quite right. I'm gonna give them a few days to marinate and then try a few different things.

Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68 - This car totally came out before the so-called genre-defining MGB. I can attest to the fact that a stock MGB is completely horrible to drive; and I got to drive an early, chrome bumper example. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to justify the multitude of hours spent diagnosing and fixing its numerous maladies. I bet that this car has none of those characteritics.

I do like your Tunes, Feydrautha, but I have to disagree with your statement regarding the MGB. I owned a '65 MGB and a '71 MGB, and they handled wonderfully! I drove the '65 much too fast when I was 21 and crazy, and both me and the car survived 135,000 miles. The weight distribution was 50/50, and you could slide it around the tight curve of a country road at pretty high speeds and stay in total control. Mechanically, it wasn't very reliable - I became a much better mechanic - but the years of 1963 to 1967 were classics (IMHO). The Datsun 2000 (which was what it was called) came along in '68 - not before the MGB. I loved that '65 so much that I bought a '71 after I got married, but with post-'67 smog controls and added engine plumbing, it just wasn't the same. Still fun to drive, though.

Also, I got rid of my '67 Chevelle SS-396 (I couldn't stop street racing it and gas $ got to be a problem), and replaced it with the '65 MGB. Girls liked the MGB better, and for me - at the time - that was very important!

Pete

A few things that I remember specifically from driving the B-

-the oil pressure gauge, rather alarmingly, read 0. The owner told me not to worry about this.

-brakes took quite a bit longer than you would expect to actually stop the car, though all of the old cars I have driven have this.

-Shifting action-this is what really got me. sloppy and agricultural feeling. Also, when heel and toeing, you had to do a true double clutch (as opposed to modern cars where you only press the clutch once.) The sloppy shifting action made this very tricky.

The only way I can see to slide it would be to carry way too much speed into a corner, which probably happens a lot anyway due to the ineffectiveness of the brakes. In any case certain death awaits those bold enough to attempt this. :P I don't think power over is in the repertoire.

It sounds like you got your "B" used. I did too, but my '65 only had 8,000 miles on it. It felt as tight as a new car. How can you make a judgement on all MGB's when you apparently bought one that had really been "used"! With heel-toeing, I didn't have to double-clutch, and the shifting action was precise - not sloppy. Also, my brakes worked fine - I would not be here if they didn't. I was punishingly brutal with the car. The handling was so much better than anything I had experienced with American cars. I drove from La Plata, MD to Richmond, VA at 100 MPH+ (3 am) which I never would have done if I'd been sober. Like I said, I was 21 and stupid, and it was 1967!

I bought my '71 "B" new, and it had none of the issues you mentioned. After all - I did test drive it before I bought it. I also owned a '67 Midget and a '69 Sprite. I bought them used, but neither of them were as worn as it sounds like yours was.

Pete

View attachment 95310 Spoon CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '00
Just took this car for a quick spin, pretty nice setup. It's supple yet firm, the nose dive under braking can be helpful but the car as a whole can still withstand the rigors of racing tires. It's good at putting the power down, and still quite responsive. The gear ratios are ridiculously short but that's an easy fix anyhow haha. I like it!

I painted mine Formula Red over Championship White wheels. Honda!

EDIT: My goodness, I have forgotten how this forum's formatting works. Ah well!

I have recently been going through all of my personal tunes and the tunes that I have gotten from the many different garages here. I just wanted to say that all of the 10 or so tunes that I have gotten from you still work, and some even fit my driving style better than they ever did before. I kept any camber that you set, except for if you set 0/0, then I just raised to .5/.5. or 1/1. They only one that has any issues is the 250 GTO, but that has unadjustable camber and toe, and with the new ridiculous stock settings, there is a lot of understeer.

You have alot of unique, fun tunes in your garage, I hope you'll keep up the good work.

I have recently been going through all of my personal tunes and the tunes that I have gotten from the many different garages here. I just wanted to say that all of the 10 or so tunes that I have gotten from you still work, and some even fit my driving style better than they ever did before. I kept any camber that you set, except for if you set 0/0, then I just raised to .5/.5. or 1/1. They only one that has any issues is the 250 GTO, but that has unadjustable camber and toe, and with the new ridiculous stock settings, there is a lot of understeer.

You have alot of unique, fun tunes in your garage, I hope you'll keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm a little more burned out than I thought at first so I'm taking a little vacation from GT. I had the parts for a new pc sitting around for months while I gorged myself on GT, so I finally got around to putting that together! :P

I will be back, just need a little time away to recharge!

Back