Art Morrison 1960 Corvette

The ratio is 15:1 so that means it is roughly 2.5 turns lock-to-lock. On the high speed tracks like Daytona it is going to be a bit sensitive! In the real car with hands at 9 & 3 on the wheel - to turn a 90degree corner you need to turn the wheel where your hands are roughly 12 & 6. The turning radius is tight too - u turns on a 2 lane road aren't a problem and that's not even blipping the throttle to spin it around!

15:1 it is like the stock ratio for DC5 Type-R. I am using the G25 so I will set the MTA to 30 to match your ratio.

Thanks!

I am not sure if it would be good GT5 material, but here is what its going to look like:
stude2boyds-vi.jpg
Oh my god, that is awesome! I've always been a huge fan of US cars and you just have to love Studebakers!

I would love that one in GT5! :drool:

Wow, very cool to have you posting here. I hope you own a copy of prologue or will atleast buy gt5. You better! :P
Very nice, very unique car.

what I would really like to know is...would you care if we crashed this thing when damge is put on.

At SEMA this year Sony had a preview with our Corvette on it and we were able to test drive the car. There was quite a few of us driving, and it quickly became a contest of how much air you could get. Hitting the Daytona infield at about 180mph you could fly for quite a while!

Hey you never know we might have to have a contest on our site for who can obtain the most amount of damage / who can get the best lap times.

Welcome to GTPlanet, Craig. Awesome looking car you guys did, well deserved prize. 👍

You said they even took pics/scanned the underside of the car, that's really interesting fact coming directly from the car's builder.
Seeing as damage will be implemented in GT5: Prologue, has any of that been discussed with you guys, as far as what kind of damage are they working on, and if the car is going to be flipped over on track on some occasion, during an accident?

Thanks for making such a beautiful MDM (Mean Driving Machine)

It's really refreshing to see such car like this in this kind of game.
I don't own the copy of GT5P with your car, since I am still waiting for the US version, but I will definitely try my hard to earn the money and buy the car in game by the time the games comes out.

Have you guys decided to make European classic cars and put a bit muscle in them? ;)
By the way, my brother was asking, does the car has a solid axle in the back or is it all independent suspension?

👍

Hi- First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Craig Morrison and I am one of the co-builders of the Art Morrison Ent 1960 Corvette. I've had a chance to read some of the comments about our car, and I am glad you guys like driving it!
Welcome aboard GTP, Craig! We're glad to have you. Please do look around, and check out our real cars board as well. Heck, even give us your views on current events!

See you,

: Duke

Wow, I didn't realize you guys were in Fife! I'm in Auburn right now (for work, live in Seattle).

Great work and congrats on the Vette! Welcome to GTplanet!

off topic i know, but i actually live in tacoma and work in milton. apparently, every day on my drive to work i pass their shop within a few blocks. weird.

Have you guys decided to make European classic cars and put a bit muscle in them? ;)
By the way, my brother was asking, does the car has a solid axle in the back or is it all independent suspension?

👍

We have had customers do up European cars - I personaly would love to do up an E type Jag! We have one local customer that has done a 1960 Rambler wagon and used all Ferrari drivetrain out of a 360 Modena - suspension, engine and transaxle! Awesome car.

To answer your question, I found a couple pics of the underside of the car

from the rear-
DSC05547-vi.jpg

from the front-
DSC05552-vi.jpg

We have had customers do up European cars - I personaly would love to do up an E type Jag! We have one local customer that has done a 1960 Rambler wagon and used all Ferrari drivetrain out of a 360 Modena - suspension, engine and transaxle! Awesome car.

You guys do some damn good work! I like the air ducts for the brakes. Any pics of the wagon with ferrari parts???? I don't even want to know what the guy's bill was!! lol

Legendary thread, for sure. Thanks, Craig, for sharing so much!

And the car is indeed fantastic in GT5P. Cockpit view around London is a whole new world. :)

I want an LED indicator on my 350z wheel!
Great, another thing I have to buy :(

Question: In quick tune for this car are you allowed to lower it any more? lol

from the rear-
DSC05547-vi.jpg

from the front-
DSC05552-vi.jpg

I remember reading about that Rambler, forgot it was you guys though. 👍 You sound like someone who would appreciate the Holden EFIJY too, restored classics with modern parts are always the coolest things on the planet. Can't wait to drive your Corvette in GT5:P 👍

That's an awesome car, you guys did a good job.

I didn't know you guys were located up here in Washington. I might have to stop by your showroom the next time I get dragged up to visit the in laws. They live only about 5 miles from your location.

from the rear-
DSC05547-vi.jpg

from the front-
DSC05552-vi.jpg

Ahh the E Jag, I would die to own one. They are really rare these days right? and almost priceless if in good condition. So its a NO NO for me since all I can afford right now is 5K dollar car haha

So why most of Classic cars rebuilds have Solid axles in the back? Are they easier to work with? Does it keep the spirit of the car? More reliable? Why not have independ in the back as well?

LRA might be used to keep some character in the classic. Of course they are more reliable normally, but who cares about reliablity in a car like this?

It would be crazy to see a restored Toyota 2KGT with modern features and a 2JZ engine or something. ;) Even though I'm not a huge fan of Japanese cars.

LRA might be used to keep some character in the classic. Of course they are more reliable normally, but who cares about reliablity in a car like this?

It would be crazy to see a restored Toyota 2KGT with modern features and a 2JZ engine or something. ;) Even though I'm not a huge fan of Japanese cars.

Imagine an ae86 with some sort of 300 NA hp motor (Not sure what the origional is capable of) As well as having an art morrison custom chassis with some Ohlin coilovers, endless brakes, carbonfiber shell. *drooool* lol Only in GT......

Drool derool!:drool: Respect for you guys!👍

...has any of that been discussed with you guys, as far as what kind of damage are they working on, and if the car is going to be flipped over on track on some occasion, during an accident?

It would be pretty hard to make when it's a convertible... But it would make it a bit easier to just let the man fly out of the car, but then Gran Turismo would loose it's 3+ rating...:nervous:

It would be nice to have cars that can completely flip or roll over, but I don't know if they will add that to GT5. I hope have the damage realistic, where if you have one bad crash your car is totaled.

Thats what Im Talkin about, I been waitting for gravity or 3d physics... seems like you can have wheels off the ground but never flip... I dont mean exagerated flips like pro street and what not, but i want to see a car on its sideif i drive so wrong that i need to be, or get hit even if it doent have damage. atleast the animation then it could be upgraded with damage... but since gt doesnt have the reset car button as in other games that would end the game or boot you of the race online....

I just dont like the car to do a hop and magically land on all fours like a cat all the time, I can sure live with it though.

Back