Art Morrison 1960 Corvette

I LOVE the leather in this car, bright red. I may be a bit late now but thanks for taking the time to type up that long post, and join us here!

I'm glad you like the red interior. It was a challenge to find a red carpet and a red leather that matched. Thankfully an upholstery shop in Alabama that I know of custom orders a carpet that is colormatched to the leather that he sells. I never knew how many shades of red there were when we started picking out colors for the interior!

As for the brake ducts, the front of the car has the openings on either side of the grille that are blocked off from the factory. We made them into functional scoops and direct the air to the back of the rotors. They actually work too good. In testing, we found they cooled the brakes too much and it was a challenge to get enough heat into them to maximize performance. Out on a twisty road course they would work great! We will be posting more pics on our site of the buildup of the car, and one of the next installments is the fabrication of the brake ducts.

If you local guys are ever have a few minutes to spare, stop by the shop and say hi!

62Flash.jpg

Hello Craig!

I must say, I'd love to 'just drop in' to the shop, but being an ocean away in the UK, I can't do it!

However, me and my '62 Corvette (above) will get on just fine for now. If you don't mind shipping a free sample of your C5 front end over here, I'd happily accept it!

My 'Vette is getting a race-shop built 327+.030 with light flywheel, Trick Flow heads, Holley Stealth Ram injection and a '67 Muncie 4-speed. At the moment, it's just a rolling chassis, and a body with not too hot a paint job thanks to the previous owner.

Just bought this though:

2e8841ae.jpg

which is taking my time and money at the moment.

Haven't got a new C-4 trans (or better, a 5-speed conversion) lying about the 'shop, have you? :)

Mark.

Wow, never new how simple it might be for too good brake cooling! The guys at F1 spend ages developing the cooling system for brakes!

Also, I thought getting the interior looking that good wouldn't be easy! but it came out perfect 👍

Wow, never new how simple it might be for too good brake cooling! The guys at F1 spend ages developing the cooling system for brakes!

Also, I thought getting the interior looking that good wouldn't be easy! but it came out perfect 👍

The F1 guys are some what professionalists. :)
I'll run brake cooling air ducts when I can afford some $3,500 brakes.

I almost chocked on a cookie when I see this picture:drool:. SUCH A BEAUTY

Is that Mercury one of the forgotten Muscle cars? I never seen it on TV, or magazines.

This is a 1967-70 Mercury Cougar. Not really forgotten if you ask me. They used to be pretty popular and still are, well IMO.

Nice of you to drop in Craig. I can imagine it to be quite satisfying to have your work opened up to a whole new audience. With 1 million copies of GT5:P already sold in Europe alone, you can be sure the 'Art Morrison' name will soon become very well known the world over.

well said. what an honor 👍

Congrats Craig and welcome to GT Planet

http://www.artmorrison.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album04

Really need to convince them to have a 55/56/or 57 Chevy in GT5. Has to be one of the most customized cars of all time. Also one of the most reconized cars to say the least especially in America. I bet you Chevy will try and revive one of these in the next 5 to 10 years like they did the Chevy Nomad. Do not recall if the Nomad ever made it to mass production tho. At any rate more America muscle cars and hot rods are needed in GT5.

Wandering if a retro 2010 of the 55/56/57 Chevy could be competition for the Chrylser 300C

Nope no mass produced Nomad, they had the concept around 2000-2001 I believe...but it was never built. But I do agree, more muscle cars/hot rods are needed, especially some of the more obscure ones like they did with the Japanese cars.

Wow I am suprised I missed this thread, big welcome Graig 👍

as sad as this may sound am proud to have you here Craig. I am sure there are so many questions that people would love to fire at you seeing as you are pretty much living a dream that millions of us would like to fulfil in terms of being part of the GT team. you are a very very lucky man and i am sure along with others you have my upmost respect.
all hale and bow down to a real life GT car god, he built the real thing people and has his family name in the game.

So Craig, what are your other favorite cars in GT5P? As well favorite track so far.
And in the SEMA awards, did you guys won Golden or Red PS3?

Thanks for the video Craig. I would like to see more of the car cornering and at high speed.

You said you played a preview and Kazunori asked you lots of specific questions and that the car is identical but have you now played your car in the released prologue yet? Perhaps you haven't had chance yet, just wondering how the handling is compared to real life. In the game it looks fantastic, the sound is ok and PD seem to tone down the sound fx in their games anyway.

I've used the car on Pro physics simulation with driving aids off and its really enjoyable and its quite a handful on S2 tyres and requires careful throttle control, do you think PD did an accurate job depicting the handling and power output. It's only a game and a early version at that, but hopefully you can report back when you get chance to play it properly. Cheers.

Great video, seems like the car is not just for show ;)
Yeah like Chronos stated above, do a test drive of the game and compare it to real life.

Craig, my man, amazing job on the Corvette. I absolutely enjoy throwing this thing around corners at 100+ MPH and trouncing online players with it. I really hope more of your creations appear in future installments of Gran Turismo. Again, beautiful job on the car!:)

Latest Posts

Back