Assetto Corsa 1.15 Update Lands on Consoles; Ready to Race Arrives This Week

Well, I tried it before reading both posts, and it's still a hell to control that car under braking. I dont know if it is realistic, but it makes sense (heavy and four wheel steering) and while being difficult it's manageable and it makes it more of a challenge (sometimes it's frustrating but others I love it).

Hmm... I gave it another try after reading your post. No doubt it's one of the trickier cars in the game and perhaps rightly so. It doesn't tolerate sloppiness, but I'm finding it more tolerant under braking compared to back when it was added and in the months that followed. I also remember it receiving a fix on PC a few updates ago.

- Improved Oculus rift "mirror texture" framerate
- Added option to turn Oculus "mirror texture" off in Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/oculus.ini
[MIRROR_TEXTURE]
ENABLED=0
- Fixed Fanatec wheels rotation angle forced to 800 degrees
- Fixed sudden disconnection in booking mode: now it happens at the end of race's result screen
- Fixed timed race in shared memory
- Fixed 595 Abarth AI stopping in x86
- Fixed OculusVR rendering of distant objects with Post Processing enabled
- Fixed Shelby Cobra front tyre heating typo and tyre pressure setup range
- Fixed Porsche 911 Turbo S automatic downshift bug
- Improved brake steer algorithms for low speeds for
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Porsche 911 R
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche 918 Spyder
Porsche Panamera Turbo
- Improved Porsche 918 spyder brake performance
- Corrected McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 spyder acceleration performance
- Fixed LaFerrari wrong sample pitch on coast
- Current time is now smoothed out in replays
- Added new Special Events on Highlands track
- Fixed AI App crash with mod tracks

It's reasonable to assume that this fix, whatever it specifically does to brake performance, has also reached consoles. Maybe or maybe not in yesterday's console update, but I feel I can now depress the car's brake pedal with greater confidence.

Must try that one. 👍

I would like to hear your opinion.

Just saw a video of the p1 gtr and it only has two Livery?
yep. I know on PC it has, did not check on PS4 yet but do not think it has more on console?

Also this one:

P1 GTR.jpg

Edit: how annoying, R2R is £6.49, I have a quid in my wallet already, which means I will have to buy a £10 PSN card now because I'm a few pence short ( I no longer use my card on the store).

When I pay by debit card on the PS Store it charges me for the items value, & I dont ever have to pay for a PSN card. Initially it automatically took any money that was left over in my wallet from the PS3 days. I recently bought Tetris & all I got charged was £3.29 exactly. What method do you pay by?

Quick look at the cars in the Ready to Race DLC
Nice, thanks. I won't get a chance to run these until Friday night :( I was most looking forward to the Maserati.. now I'm really looking forward to it.

yep. I know on PC it has, did not check on PS4 yet but do not think it has more on console?

Also this one:

View attachment 672615
Yep, only two on the PS4.

Nice, thanks. I won't get a chance to run these until Friday night :( I was most looking forward to the Maserati.. now I'm really looking forward to it.
Thanks, the MC12 is an utter blast and sounds amazing.

It was nearly my pick of the pack, and it only missed out by a tiny margin.

VBR
When I pay by debit card on the PS Store it charges me for the items value, & I dont ever have to pay for a PSN card. Initially it automatically took any money that was left over in my wallet from the PS3 days. I recently bought Tetris & all I got charged was £3.29 exactly. What method do you pay by?
Tha6s why I always used my credit card. But I had issues about a year ago with what was according to Sony " my account has been comprsmised", I don't believe them. My PS4 was no longer primary, I was game sharing with my nephews account on my other PS4 I bought for his room I set up for him.

I recon Sony does this deliberately to people who they think at game sharing, or it could just be a problem with their system as I've seen many with the same problem who haven't game shared.

For this reason I no longer use my card details as I don't trust Sony with them, do i buy PSN cards. For the record I'm perfectly within my rights to game share as per the TOC. So I really hope this isn't something they are deliberately targeting.

The new AI is great but not perfect. Nothing is perfect though. Here are my findings at the 75% agression setting on higher difficulties:
  • Faster cars constantly search for opportunities to pass.
  • Faster cars fly-by overtake on straights without slowing down to assess the opportunity.
  • Opponent cars are more often than not committed to side by side battles, even mid-corner.
  • Opponent hesitation is greatly reduced, especially if the opponent car is significantly faster.
  • More random and unpredictable behaviour, and thereby more incidents and yellow flags. Almost lifelike.
For me it takes AC to another level. Yesterday I was running a practice session on Red Bull Ring with a variety of different cars and classes. My Porsche 911 Turbo S came across a Porsche 908 LH, and the two cars turned out to be pretty evenly matched. It was like racing a human and I couldn't stop having fun until the 908 pitted after five laps or so. No doubt some of the best singleplayer fun I've had in any racing game ever. Lots of exciting mid-corner battles and attempts to out-brake the opponent. So much fun! 👍

There are also a few issues I noticed with the new AI:
  • Opponent cars may still lack a bit of cornering pace. Unnecessary and subtle brake tapping in the Nordschleife's most technical sectors, even on alien difficulty.
  • Sometimes the AI won't accelerate immediately after leaving the pit slow zones. Seen it numerous times in practice, but cannot speak for races.
  • The AI rarely rejoins if it spins out and end up in the run-off areas. Perhaps somewhat realistic, but at other times they will continue after hard crashes.
Overall I'm really impressed with the improved AI, and I'm finding it rather crazy how Stefano and his small handful of Kunos colleagues is putting some of the much bigger AAA console racing game studios to shame.

Hi Scaff. In simple terms can you please explain the differences between live axles and regular axles, and how they differ with regards to the effect on handling? Don't go all technical on me now :sly:
A live or solid axle physically joins the two wheels, so any impact on one wheel (like a curb) will also affect the other wheel, as they are joined.

Independent suspension doesn't have the two wheels physically joined, so the impact on one has no affect on the other.

live-axle-conversion-illustration.jpg

Live axles are as a result normally poorer than independent suspension in road holding, however they are generally cheaper, lighter and stronger than independent systems.

The new AI is great but not perfect. Nothing is perfect though. Here are my findings at the 75% agression setting on higher difficulties:
  • Faster cars fly-by overtake on straights without slowing down to assess the opportunity.
  • Opponent cars are more often than not committed to side by side battles, even mid-corner.
  • Opponent hesitation is greatly reduced, especially if the opponent car is significantly faster.
  • More random and unpredictable behaviour, and thereby more incidents and yellow flags. Almost lifelike.
For me it takes AC to another level. Yesterday I was running a practice session on Red Bull Ring with a variety of different cars and classes. My Porsche 911 Turbo S came across a Porsche 908 LH, and the two cars turned out to be pretty evenly matched. It was like racing a human and I couldn't stop having fun until the 908 pitted after five laps or so. No doubt some of the best singleplayer fun I've had in any racing game ever. Lots of exciting mid-corner battles and attempts to out-brake the opponent. So much fun! 👍

• Opponent cars may still lack a bit of cornering pace. Unnecessary and subtle brake tapping in the Nordschleife's most technical sectors, even on alien difficulty.
  • Sometimes the AI won't accelerate immediately after leaving the pit slow zones. Seen it numerous times in practice, but cannot speak for races.
  • The AI rarely rejoins if it spins out and end up in the run-off areas. Perhaps somewhat realistic, but at other times they will continue after hard crashes.
Overall I'm really impressed with the improved AI, and I'm finding it rather crazy how Stefano and his small handful of Kunos colleagues is putting some of the much bigger AAA console racing game studios to shame.
I would agree with pretty much all of your findings.

Its actually quite shocking to see what AC have done with the AI inside of a year, when you consider how long other franchises have taken over minimal AI improvements.

Its actually quite shocking to see what AC have done with the AI inside of a year, when you consider how long other franchises have taken over minimal AI improvements.

~3 years of AI development. Only a year on console but what you guys got is what has been evolving on PC since the early access days, in the first year it was akin to Gran Turismo AI. :crazy: I still have yet to try the new AI but seems like most people are pretty happy with it, and yeah, considering it's one guy doing all the work on it it's pretty impressive.

@Nielsen what level difficulty are you using?

When settings go from 0 to 100 I like to split it up either 4 or 5 ways. I'll try 75% but if it feels like too much I'll drop it to 60%. If that's not enough then up to 70% and I'll look at it in increments of 10. It's tough to find a perfect spot but I'll try what you did as a basis.

Really enjoying the new update, I am not sure what or how they do it but the FFB is second to none.

I am having an issue though, I can't get a Custom Championship to start. I deleted my old Custom Championship prior to the patch because it wouldn't let me continue, so I figured let me start a new Custom Championship but the new Custom Championship will not start.
Can someone please create or try to continue a Custom Championship and let me know if it works. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Edit: I finally got Custom Championships to work. I didn't do anything different to get it to work but I am just happy that it works. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

I've come across an issue on RBR, some AI cars exit pits slower than others and smash into each other. Then one will drive back down the pit lane. Only noticed it on this track so far.

Annnnd I've just realised something that's not gonna make some people happy, where is the AI variation settings?

Really enjoying the new update, I am not sure what or how they do it but the FFB is second to none.

I am having an issue though, I can't get a Custom Championship to start. I deleted my old Custom Championship prior to the patch because it wouldn't let me continue, so I figured let me start a new Custom Championship but the new Custom Championship will not start.
Can someone please create or try to continue a Custom Championship and let me know if it works. Maybe I am doing something wrong.
Working fine for me.

I've come across an issue on RBR, some AI cars exit pits slower than others and smash into each other. Then one will drive back down the pit lane. Only noticed it on this track so far.

Sounds like what I also mentioned. I've seen it on a few tracks, including RBR. It didn't happen before the update.

Annnnd I've just realised something that's not gonna make some people happy, where is the AI variation settings?

Good question and I believe it has already been raised. It's another little thing we can add to the "difference between AC versions" list...

I bought the DLC today too, thought I'd give it a good go trying all the cars for an hour, 4 hours later.....

The R2R pack is fantastic, I was looking forward to the MC12 and lotus so was a bit concerned by @Scaff opinion that the lotus is boring in his review. I thought it was brilliant though, and it sounds good. I tried it on RBR national and the ring. All the sounds in this pack are really good. Not a fan of the LMP cars because I can't see ****! But I really like the Toyota thanks to bring able to see where I'm going.

Every car I tried just got better than the previous one. The MC12 was surprising, in a good way. I expected it to be good but I wasn't expecting it to be so awesome. The Audi TT RS ( VLN) sounds and drives fantastic, I had a great one make AI race in that.

The TT cup car should be boring, its by far the easiest car I've driven in AC, but I enjoyed it and it makes for great racing. I went online after and had a TT race at imola, really great racing and fun. I noticed there are 2 same livaries with different numbers for the TT Cup car, would be fun to do team races online.

Then there's the Toyota Celica, which further cements my thoughts that AC needs some more driving roads or P2P tracks, and Lancia of course.

P.s the Lotus 3Elleven and P1 GTR are quick AF.

A live or solid axle physically joins the two wheels, so any impact on one wheel (like a curb) will also affect the other wheel, as they are joined.

Independent suspension doesn't have the two wheels physically joined, so the impact on one has no affect on the other.

Live axles are as a result normally poorer than independent suspension in road holding, however they are generally cheaper, lighter and stronger than independent systems.

Thanks for clarifying 👍 So do "live" cars still have a diff, or are the wheels locked together?

Check that the first round is highlighted - other rounds are padlocked until you complete the previous race.

The trio of hybrid prototypes are utterly brilliant to drive in AC. One looks at them and think they are basically grippy aero rockets with lots of fancy gimmickry. Not to downplay the value of all that, but it's still easy to assume they aren't overly exciting compared to the raw and analogue nature of classic Group C. However, AC really makes me appreciate the stellar driving machines hidden underneath all the mind-boggling LMP1 technology. I didn't think I'd enjoy RTR as much as I do overall, but there's simply superb value in the content Kunos is bringing to the console world.

My final thoughts on this update not too happy with some. Of cars but overall a solid group and a long awaited patch

My final thoughts on this update not too happy with some. Of cars but overall a solid group and a long awaited patch

I've seen two videos of yours where you crash into the back of the car whilst unbalanced and spin out and you blame the game saying It isn't fixed, it's entirely your fault not the game. I do know of the issue you're talking about though which was very prevalent In past firmware versions. But that is no where near a big issue now, you are hitting them when your car isn't going straight. The issue was that when AI get knocked a start to go off stability control ( times X amount kicks in) which causes you to crash and not the AI. Was a major problem during the first patch.

The Celica is a rally car btw, it doesn't need a Speedo. I enjoyed your 2 videos though.

I've seen two videos of yours where you crash into the back of the car whilst unbalanced and spin out and you blame the game saying It isn't fixed, it's entirely your fault not the game. I do know of the issue you're talking about though which was very prevalent In past firmware versions. But that is no where near a big issue now, you are hitting them when your car isn't going straight. The issue was that when AI get knocked a start to go off stability control ( times X amount kicks in) which causes you to crash and not the AI. Was a major problem during the first patch.

The Celica is a rally car btw, it doesn't need a Speedo. I enjoyed your 2 videos though.
Hey man thanks for the feedback I really thought it wasnt natural for me to be spinning like that but I guess I just need to glean up my act hahah

Hmm... I gave it another try after reading your post. No doubt it's one of the trickier cars in the game and perhaps rightly so. It doesn't tolerate sloppiness, but I'm finding it more tolerant under braking compared to back when it was added and in the months that followed. I also remember it receiving a fix on PC a few updates ago.
I tried the 918 for the first time in a while tonight. Hard to say if it's better, but it's still a terror. I'm not sure it's possible to brake too early with that car.

I feel like either it's inaccurately difficult to drive, or the P1/LaFerrari are inaccurately easy to drive. I say because it seemed like any time the three were compared in the real world, the consensus was that the Porsche was the most stable/confident and the P1 the least. Exact opposite of AC. I've done 14 straight laps of the Nordschleife in the P1 without any offs. With the 918 I'll have a catastrophic wreck in 6 out of 7 attempts, even if I hold back to a quick cruise pace. It's a real rattlesnake.

Back