Assetto Corsa 1.15 Update Lands on Consoles; Ready to Race Arrives This Week

Well...I'VE read so much reports and impresions..

-Seems that most known bugs are still there.
- AI Improved and agresive slider added but that depending car/category they aren't still well balanced.
-Didn't read anything about stuttering, don't know if it still there or not. (would be pleased to know)
-About G29 fix...some team mates complain that it is now kind of bugged and FFB goes away... And others that it's OK... Quite strange.
-In online track temperature not fixed but they fixed the + 100% tyre degradation.
-Some of my team mates losses all the saved setups and settings,also the progress in carreer mode...Just like if the save file get corrupted with the update.... Others says no problem.. Strange again.

Kunos didn't make an post on the official support forum with the changelog or saying that a update landed....Strange.

After 13 months,yes, assetto offers the best physics and FFB on console... And is a great hotlapping sim...
But Support is really bad... I know that they are a little team, but they have help with 505Games and they are buyed by Digital Bros that now inject money.... But they didn't start to hire new personal until end july....

They really don't play the console version testing the new additions before sending the update to sony and Microsoft? Because that things like button mapping don't work correctly on every wheel and controller.... Is quite strange that they didn't see it.. (in my opinion)

Like I've said in the console treat... I don't gonna update from 1.14... Hopefuly in 1.16 button mapping feature work as intended at that point and for hotlapping with 1.14 I'm good.
Also, don't gonna spend more money on DLC's until the updates come more polished and correct.

I really wanted to try out the live axle physics on console... But it is really not enough to update the game for me.

Common kunos, you can do better than that!

Is this DLC included in the Season Pass?
Nope, it isn't... None of the DLC launched after Porsche Pack 3 will form part of season pass.

The season pass was detailed that it would contain:

1-exclusive livery (don't received this)
2-exclusive theme
3-Japanese pack
4-Red pack
5-Porsche pack 1
6-Porsche Pack 2
7-Porsche Pack 3

Nope, it isn't... None of the DLC launched after Porsche Pack 3 will form part of season pass.

The season pass was detailed that it would contain:

1-exclusive livery (don't received this)
2-exclusive theme
3-Japanese pack
4-Red pack
5-Porsche pack 1
6-Porsche Pack 2
7-Porsche Pack 3

Thanks. Waiting for the update to go live and update now. Want to get driving the R18!

-Didn't read anything about stuttering, don't know if it still there or not. (would be pleased to know)

Same as before on standard PS4. More than 8-9 cars together on track and frames will drop noticeably during gameplay. Replays are still more or less hopeless on most tracks.

Wow. I'm really impressed with the custom control configuration. Being able to assign 2 functions to any button is really, really handy especially because so many of the functions will only work on one type of car or the other. Like, handbrake isn't available on race cars, while turbo, kers, etc. aren't available on road cars. If you think about what you're doing you can map every function while also getting the controls exactly to what you like or are used to. Really cool.

It would've been cool if they also allowed us to assign controls to a keyboard like pCars 1 did but it's not necessary considering we're able to assign 2 functions to any button. Even with my T300, I have enough buttons for everything now. G29 users should have an even easier time.

Just like the driving position options they added. Those are 2 features I love from PC gaming, and they weren't in AC at launch but Kunos found a way to include them. Really awesome.

This is why AC is my favorite sim. It has most of the features I love about pCars but with much better driving, and FFB.

My thoughts.

You sound a lot like Hammer Studios gaming on youtube. You might even be the same guy.

Last edited:
One of the biggest changes to the AI is their ability to pass slower cars now in multi-class racing. Not perfect by any means, but certainly a lot better than before, where they would just form a line behind slower cars.
Tip: You should also try the Maserati 250F after the axle update. For me it got a lot easier to drive.

One of the biggest changes to the AI is their ability to pass slower cars now in multi-class racing. Not perfect by any means, but certainly a lot better than before, where they would just form a line behind slower cars.
Tip: You should also try the Maserati 250F after the axle update. For me it got a lot easier to drive.
Agree it is easier to drive, but its also a lot more bumpy on the banking at old Monza now as well.

You sound a lot like Hammer Studios gaming on youtube. You might even be the same guy.
That blokes nicked my voice. I want it back!

Hopefully the lush, green winter version (or at least that one as an option). I'm sick to death of seeing the same beige dusty desert summer version that's been flogged to death in every other racing game over the past decade.

Well, that dusty desert summer version that's been flogged to death is what it looks like when racing is actually taking place at that track so I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything different.

Epic to see that the patch has arrived. 91% and downloading now.

September suddenly just got a whole lot better.

And just keep rolling on into PC2. This month is amazing!

Wow. I'm really impressed with the custom control configuration. Being able to assign 2 functions to any button is really, really handy especially because so many of the functions will only work on one type of car or the other. Like, handbrake isn't available on race cars, while turbo, kers, etc. aren't available on road cars. If you think about what you're doing you can map every function while also getting the controls exactly to what you like or are used to. Really cool.

Saying you're really impressed is way too kind when it doesn't work half of the time. The new tool doesn't save some particular button configurations (R3 directional for example) and some functions don't respond despite being mapped and saved. I've also found that mapping two functions to the same button can cause conflicts in some cars. For example, I tried mapping KERS to the O button but while the electric boost took effect in the HUD, the car didn't respond until I deleted the handbrake from the same button.

Last edited:
If that's a joystick or d-pad you can't map those on PC either.

But one of the standard presets uses R3 pointed upward for MGU motor or battery. The custom configuration on PS4 does allow functions to be mapped to R3 directional but it won't save.

Saying you're really impressed is way too kind when it doesn't work half of the time. The new tool doesn't save some particular button configurations (R3 directional for example) and some functions don't respond despite being mapped and saved. I've also found that mapping two functions to the same button can cause conflicts in some cars. For example, I tried mapping KERS to the O button but while the electric boost took effect in the HUD, the car didn't respond until I deleted the handbrake from the same button.
Just wondering, has anyone tried button mapping with a fresh game save? I.e deleting save data linked to the old firmware. I'm just wondering if the console patches get tested with no saved game data. If they do you would have thought they would have picked up the missing steering wheel that was caused with the last update and game save data.

Just wondering, has anyone tried button mapping with a fresh game save? I.e deleting save data linked to the old firmware. I'm just wondering if the console patches get tested with no saved game data. If they do you would have thought they would have picked up the missing steering wheel that was caused with the last update and game save data.

Nice thought. Although im not gonna be able to try it. Too many championships created.

Nice thought. Although im not gonna be able to try it. Too many championships created.
How about backing up game save data to a USB drive then?

Edit: how annoying, R2R is £6.49, I have a quid in my wallet already, which means I will have to buy a £10 PSN card now because I'm a few pence short ( I no longer use my card on the store).

Just tried new car pack on the nurburg ring gp. Amazing, Audu TT looks great in replay. Good job. Even Maserati 250 is now very competitive and feels great to drive.

I believe this update fixed the previously discussed twitchiness of the Porsche 918. Not difficult to control under braking anymore.

Well, I tried it before reading both posts, and it's still a hell to control that car under braking. I dont know if it is realistic, but it makes sense (heavy and four wheel steering) and while being difficult it's manageable and it makes it more of a challenge (sometimes it's frustrating but others I love it).

Back