Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 Test Drive Gameplay, Part One

The Alfa Romeo Giulia seems so slow, lazy and boring at corner exit... like a 140hp diesel car, not like a 510hp car (4'12"):

Last edited:
The Alfa Romeo Giulia seems so slow, lazy and boring at corner exit... like a 140hp diesel car, not like a 510hp car (4'12"):

It's because the interior engine sound is dreadful (not heard anyone complaining about the real car?) and the gearing is quite long, so you spend even more time listening to the miserable drone it makes.

I was properly disappointed by the Giulia as I was so looking forward to it, and because of the sound I won't bother driving it again, even though it feels very responsive to turn in and loves to slide about.

Either way, the 33 is fantastic so can't complain too much for the price!

It's because the interior engine sound is dreadful (not heard anyone complaining about the real car?) and the gearing is quite long, so you spend even more time listening to the miserable drone it makes.

I was properly disappointed by the Giulia as I was so looking forward to it, and because of the sound I won't bother driving it again, even though it feels very responsive to turn in and loves to slide about.

Either way, the 33 is fantastic so can't complain too much for the price!

I agree with sounds and long gearing... but also it seems to have very low torque or low HP at mid revs ? In the real life video it seems a lot more powerful, exciting and alive in corner exit.

I think like it should feel more energetic and alive at accelerations, the same for some other stock cars in the game, as in the Alfa 4C, M4, 911 Carrera S, 911 turbo and 911 GT3 RS for example...

Last edited:
Fun with the Giulia
Step 1 install street tires
Step 2 remove traction control
Step 3 stop grinning
I don't know why Kunos built these cars with their stickiest street tire. I consulted the ever so wise Googles and I learned the real car comes with Pirelli P Zero Corsa Asimmetrico 2 tires. They seem to be a fine tire, but they are not anything like the P Zero Corsa Trofeo tires Pirelli makes for certain supercars.

Has anyone tried testing the car to see if it can hit real world numbers on the regular Street tires? It should be able to, or the car should have come with ST (Street) & SM (Semislicks). This is just one man's opinion, of course.

@Terronium-12 The Lambo in the video looks like it needs a slow in fast out approach, you can't just trail braking Gran Turismo style and hope for the best, you'll understeer. Break earlier exit corner faster, use the car understeer to your advantage. I'm sure you already know this, but telling it once more never hurts!

@Terronium-12 The Lambo in the video looks like it needs a slow in fast out approach, you can't just trail braking Gran Turismo style and hope for the best, you'll understeer. Break earlier exit corner faster, use the car understeer to your advantage. I'm sure you already know this, but telling it once more never hurts!

I presume you watched the entirety of the video? I'm a fairly aggressive driver once I've wrapped my head around what the car wants.

Back