Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack DLC to Include Laguna Seca, Alfa Romeo Giulia, & More

I really hope that at least the Ferrari Pack lands on PS4 this month. What are the chances?
I am desperately looking Forward to the 250 GTO and this new pack sounds doubly seducing, being free and containing lots of Alfas. As an Alfisti myself, the tipo 33 especially is a treat! can join the 250 GTO for some Italian head to head.

I have a soft spot for Lambos myself, but the Veneno is the only one I don't like the appearance of.
Looks like a spaceship.
Not as "spaceship" as the Egoista, though.

egoista-slider-952x500.png

I really hope that at least the Ferrari Pack lands on PS4 this month. What are the chances?
Stefano said they were almost ready to send the update to Sony and Microsoft at the end of September. The chances seem pretty high to me (if everything goes smoothly. of course).

Hey Alb! For me personally I absolutely love the concept of PCARS 2 and I think it's by far the best of the 3 big racing titles coming out this fall. The entire racing weekend thing (practice, qualifying, formation lap, racing, cooldown lap, manual pitstops with animated pit crews), the full dynamic weather and time of day and it's effect on the track with livetrack 3.0 and the realistic racing driver singleplayer career mode have me hooked,

I agree with this but the bugs do throw a spanner in the works and the reason I've gone back to AC. The main bug that gets me is being unable to save and retrieve setups reliably. If you want to drive to your ability you will have to set up or customize the car to the track, at least gear rations. That pcars2 fails so spectacularly to save the most basic of settings made me lose respect for SMS and for the game. It's just not good enough to release a buggy thing like that in 2017, its such a shame because live weather and track variety is excellent in pcars2.

mef
I agree with this but the bugs do throw a spanner in the works and the reason I've gone back to AC. The main bug that gets me is being unable to save and retrieve setups reliably. If you want to drive to your ability you will have to set up or customize the car to the track, at least gear rations. That pcars2 fails so spectacularly to save the most basic of settings made me lose respect for SMS and for the game. It's just not good enough to release a buggy thing like that in 2017, its such a shame because live weather and track variety is excellent in pcars2.
Are you saying that you can't save a car's setup in PCars 2?! Or have I misunderstood what you meant? I see you used the word "reliably" and I'm not certain on how to interpret that.

I'm not very good at setting up my cars to improve my lap times consistently. Thankfully, I can use The Setup Market to look for some popular setups and give them a try. Being on the PC platform, we have an app for The Setup Market. If you're on PC and not confident in setting up your car for the track, you need to give it a try. While you're on the race track you can pull up the app and it will default to checking if there are any uploaded setups for the car & track combo you're currently using. If there are none, or you just don't like them, you can easily switch it to show you the available setups for the car you're currently driving on all the other tracks. With only a click or two the setup(s) are downloaded and saved to your HDD.

Are you saying that you can't save a car's setup in PCars 2?! Or have I misunderstood what you meant? I see you used the word "reliably" and I'm not certain on how to interpret that.

I'm not very good at setting up my cars to improve my lap times consistently. Thankfully, I can use The Setup Market to look for some popular setups and give them a try. Being on the PC platform, we have an app for The Setup Market. If you're on PC and not confident in setting up your car for the track, you need to give it a try. While you're on the race track you can pull up the app and it will default to checking if there are any uploaded setups for the car & track combo you're currently using. If there are none, or you just don't like them, you can easily switch it to show you the available setups for the car you're currently driving on all the other tracks. With only a click or two the setup(s) are downloaded and saved to your HDD.

Sometimes the settings are saved, sometimes not. Sometimes the settings are applied to another car even. That is AFTER they patched the game twice already. (13GB day 1 patch + another patch). Depending on how you save the settings you get different results. The last time I checked 2 wks ago the most reliable way was to choose the 'save new save slot' for the setup, but then actually save over the existing save slot for a setup. If you do anything different the setup is not saved correctly. I hope I describes this properly, it doesn't matter other than showing how broken pcars2 is. It's still a great sim, but an example of how you can ruin a game from a final QA view by er.. outsourcing QA.

mef

My thoughts exactly. I can wait for as long as it takes. I've got over 140 track mods to enjoy in AC in the meantime.

Not as "spaceship" as the Egoista, though.

egoista-slider-952x500.png

There is such a thing as too ugly... jeez Lamborghini. I thought the Veneno was bad asthetically, but they've outdone themselves this time.

If you put a wing on the front of this car, it could almost be mistaken as the rear.

I kind of like the Egoista. It's ugliness certainly makes an impression. It's a rather daring design.

...And the fact the name means to be selfish, hints at a bit of hidden symbolism.

Last edited:
Assertion was cancelled by Lamborghini and this Kunos. Gallardo GT3 was replaced with the Huracan GT3 (similar to what seams to be happening with the M6 GT3). We received the SV instead of the standard Aventador, whilst the Veneno I have no idea but I'm confident we won't be getting it and the others were chosen instead. I'm happy about that.

Sorry what is happening with the M6 GT3? I heard it was cancelled but how can it be replaced? and by what? The M8 GTE is not a GT3 car... the M6 will remain BMW's Primary GT3 car in 2018...

Sorry what is happening with the M6 GT3? I heard it was cancelled but how can it be replaced? and by what? The M8 GTE is not a GT3 car... the M6 will remain BMW's Primary GT3 car in 2018...
Nothing is happening with the M6, it's not coming. The M8 coming is purely my speculation. Marco Massarutto said they are negotiating with BMW. So i put 2&2 together and came out with M8. Who knows, maybe the M1 procar.

Nothing is happening with the M6, it's not coming. The M8 coming is purely my speculation. Marco Massarutto said they are negotiating with BMW. So i put 2&2 together and came out with M8. Who knows, maybe the M1 procar.

ok gotcha. Thought you were saying there was a replacement coming for the GT3, my mistake

Well, I assume there is. Marco M said 6-8 cars with this pack. So we will see.

Sorry, again i meant a replacement GT3 car from BMW, which doesn't exist as of yet so i was just confused!

TBH, i wish they would put a little less effort into DLC and just go full bore on AC2, someone needs to show the current gen (PC2, GTS) how to produce a physics model and FFB ... Hoping that this time next year it will be in my hands...

Sorry, again i meant a replacement GT3 car from BMW, which doesn't exist as of yet so i was just confused!

TBH, i wish they would put a little less effort into DLC and just go full bore on AC2, someone needs to show the current gen (PC2, GTS) how to produce a physics model and FFB ... Hoping that this time next year it will be in my hands...
How do you know they aren't? Stefano and any subordinates he may have coding with him have not much to do with DLC, if anything at all. They have 2D & 3D artists who make the cars and tracks. Aristotelis is the physics guy. I suppose Stefano gets involved when there are unique cars like the SF15-T with all of it's crazy systems and I know they did something special for the Porsche 918 Spyder, but if there are no unique features that need to be coded for any upcoming DLC then the development team can be working full bore on AC2.

Also, this is all predicated on the assumption that Kunos is wrapping up AC 1 very soon. All I know is, there have been no official announcements by Kunos. Plus, this next DLC Pack is completely free. So, nothing wrong with that.

How do you know they aren't? Stefano and any subordinates he may have coding with him have not much to do with DLC, if anything at all. They have 2D & 3D artists who make the cars and tracks. Aristotelis is the physics guy. I suppose Stefano gets involved when there are unique cars like the SF15-T with all of it's crazy systems and I know they did something special for the Porsche 918 Spyder, but if there are no unique features that need to be coded for any upcoming DLC then the development team can be working full bore on AC2.

Also, this is all predicated on the assumption that Kunos is wrapping up AC 1 very soon. All I know is, there have been no official announcements by Kunos. Plus, this next DLC Pack is completely free. So, nothing wrong with that.

Well just an assumption based on the fact that if only 99% of the team is on the job, then your not giving it 100% are you? Im not saying they arent working on AC2 (they are currently going over which physics engine they want to use from what i have heard). In my opinion, i think its more valuable for them to solely focus on AC2 as it is whats next, AC1 is hitting its limitations and frankly is just getting old on consoles (only so much you can do with 15 tracks). So, i would find it much more valuable to work full bore (meaning 100%) on the next project, as without a doubt it will be the best simulator out.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I doubt Kunos Simulazioni cares that some console gamers think it's getting old and boring now that it's been available for a touch over a year. Heck, it's not even been 6 months since the majority of functions landed on console, hasn't it been something like that? PC players have been using Assetto Corsa for 3+ years now (if you did early access). I will confess, however, now that Digital Bros owns Kunos they could be more interested in pumping out titles than getting it right, which was Kunos's belief when it was solely a PC sim.

Frankly, I'm with you. I would love to hear that AC2 should be ready by December 25th, 2018. That would be awesome. I love this title, but a small company also can't bite off more than it can chew. Heck, look at Polyphony Digital. They have what? 3-4 times as many employees as Kunos? Look at what they delivered after 4 years of waiting (from GT6 days). I think overall people are a bit unimpressed with GTS especially after waiting so long.

Finally, I suppose we can make all sorts of assumptions. I don't have any special access to Kunos employees. I wish I did so I could tell everybody what their game plan is.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I doubt Kunos Simulazioni cares that some console gamers think it's getting old and boring now that it's been available for a touch over a year. Heck, it's not even been 6 months since the majority of functions landed on console, hasn't it been something like that? PC players have been using Assetto Corsa for 3+ years now (if you did early access). I will confess, however, now that Digital Bros owns Kunos they could be more interested in pumping out titles than getting it right, which was Kunos's belief when it was solely a PC sim.

Frankly, I'm with you. I would love to hear that AC2 should be ready by December 25th, 2018. That would be awesome. I love this title, but a small company also can't bite off more than it can chew. Heck, look at Polyphony Digital. They have what? 3-4 times as many employees as Kunos? Look at what they delivered after 4 years of waiting (from GT6 days). I think overall people are a bit unimpressed with GTS especially after waiting so long.

Finally, I suppose we can make all sorts of assumptions. I don't have any special access to Kunos employees. I wish I did so I could tell everybody what their game plan is.

Nono I didn't think you were rude, good discussion/debate is always welcome! I agree with you, however consoles are a large $$$ maker and I'm sure they do care about that populations input, maybe not mine specifically but as I said it' my own personal opinion.

For sure PC has had it 3+ years but you have mods so you aren't limited to 15 tracks.. which is the main reason A.C. gets boring...

And idk ... I don' really see the small staff as that big of a deal tbh... I mean obviously some things are going to suffer, but I don' want A.C. to add photomode, FIA championships, and next level graphics etc. All they need is a great physics model, a good amount of driveable content (same # of cars is fine, at least double the tracks) and a stable league supporting multiplayer, and of course increase their budget.

My main plug is that I want AC2 sooner rather than later, so cutting DLC for AC1 is fine as long as it tightens up AC2!

And idk ... I don' really see the small staff as that big of a deal tbh... I mean obviously some things are going to suffer, but I don' want A.C. to add photomode, FIA championships, and next level graphics etc. All they need is a great physics model, a good amount of driveable content (same # of cars is fine, at least double the tracks) and a stable league supporting multiplayer, and of course increase their budget.

My main plug is that I want AC2 sooner rather than later, so cutting DLC for AC1 is fine as long as it tightens up AC2!
The majority of Assetto Corsa was made with like 6 guys or something like that, so clearly a small team is still capable of producing extremely good work...especially considering Stefano wrote his own graphics engine for AC1 - but that ended up leading to limitations, like the 1 light limit. Anyway, I have all the confidence in the world that AC2 will be a great product as long as it's not rushed. The guys at Kunos say everything is going to remain the same, but will Digital Bros. truly allow them 100% freedom with the next project? I hope so, but I don't think that will fully happen.

You're right. I often forget that AC has very limited content on the console compared to the PC version. THAT is probably always going to be a problem I fear. It takes $$$ to license cars and tracks and I don't know how deep the pockets will be for AC2. Hopefully much deeper. 👍

Wait..so there could be potentially more cars in this pack, besides the 6 models already announced?
Yes. Definitely 6 which are confirmed. Maybe another 2. I'm gonna make a wild prediction. Its gonna be the Ferrari 512M. The 458 Speciale ( this would make sense for Kunos as it would require less work ), Caterham. But I will do cartwheels if its lancia Delta Rally car, or any Lancia.

Ahh I see. Makes sense now.

Well it's clear from things Marco has said that they are in the research phase and brainstorming phase. Which would obviously not require the people who do the DLC stuff to stop their work. With the exception of Stefano. I'm guessing that they are scheduling to start progress some time after Laguna drops.

Well just an assumption based on the fact that if only 99% of the team is on the job, then your not giving it 100% are you?

That just doesn't really make any sense. That's like saying if we're busy at my work we're not giving 100% unless I'm downstairs running a press. I'm not a pressman, I don't know how to run a press, there would be no benefit to having me down there trying to figure it out and probably screwing stuff up. Everyone doing their best at their respective tasks is us giving 100%, having everyone in the company focus on one particular task that only some of us are trained/qualified for would probably do more harm than good.

That just doesn't really make any sense. That's like saying if we're busy at my work we're not giving 100% unless I'm downstairs running a press. I'm not a pressman, I don't know how to run a press, there would be no benefit to having me down there trying to figure it out and probably screwing stuff up. Everyone doing their best at their respective tasks is us giving 100%, having everyone in the company focus on one particular task that only some of us are trained/qualified for would probably do more harm than good.

Im no expert on development, but i struggle to see the dichotomy between DLC and Game advancement? I would assume that some of the development power is used on DLC content as the team is still very small... It does make sense, example: 2 coders will code faster than 1 (in most circumstances). I understand what you are saying, and id agree if it weren't for the fact that game building involves the entire team... DLC takes some of that team away... Hence why DLC ends before the next iteration comes out... Like i said, im far from an expert, but this is what i have always understood and have seen so far...

Yes. Definitely 6 which are confirmed. Maybe another 2. I'm gonna make a wild prediction. Its gonna be the Ferrari 512M. The 458 Speciale ( this would make sense for Kunos as it would require less work ), Caterham. But I will do cartwheels if its lancia Delta Rally car, or any Lancia.
I remember that, a few months ago, he posted a picture of some cars and wrote "What do you say? At least one Ferrari is missing from the grid?" or something like that. People said we were gonna get the 512M or the 575 GT1 because the Maserati MC12 and the Porsche 917K were in that grid and, as we all know, they don't have any rival. So maybe there's still hope for at least one of them. Dreaming doesn't cost a thing, right?

Latest Posts

Back