Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack DLC to Include Laguna Seca, Alfa Romeo Giulia, & More

You can chose any cars in championships, but you get a pre set of cars in quick race and race weekend based on the car you use. It leads to some strange line ups.
Very strange lineups, like: MC12, GT1-98, F1 GTR, 917K and 908LH.
I tried it with the LaFerrari FXXK, and the same cars in its normal class came up (the Zonda R, P1 GTR and 599XX Evoluzione). Did I do something wrong? (I’m a console player btw).
That's normal. I think you can pick the opponent cars when you create an offline championship, as Tired Tyres said.

Very strange lineups, like: MC12, GT1-98, F1 GTR, 917K and 908LH.
Weird indeed
In fact while MC12, GT1-98 and F1 GTR all belongs to GT1 class (altough in different years with different specs -just the GT1-98 and F1 GTR are almost comparable while MC12 is on another planet) the 917K and 908LH are le mans prototypes from the decades before

908LH should race with ford GT40 and ferrari 330P3
917K has no sparring partners
MC12 has no sparring partners as well

Instead of making people vote for a F1 car that didn't win the title they should had put in the Ferrari 70th DLC the Ferrari that battled against the 917K in the early 70s: the 512S

Kunos must learn to make a more organic car rooster cause now they are doing the same mistake of Kaz on GT series. They put cars that are famous for winning a race or championship (like the Senna F1 Lotus car) but without giving them at least one sparring partner to make cool races

Weird indeed
In fact while MC12, GT1-98 and F1 GTR all belongs to GT1 class (altough in different years with different specs -just the GT1-98 and F1 GTR are almost comparable while MC12 is on another planet) the 917K and 908LH are le mans prototypes from the decades before

908LH should race with ford GT40 and ferrari 330P3
917K has no sparring partners
MC12 has no sparring partners as well

Instead of making people vote for a F1 car that didn't win the title they should had put in the Ferrari 70th DLC the Ferrari that battled against the 917K in the early 70s: the 512S

Kunos must learn to make a more organic car rooster cause now they are doing the same mistake of Kaz on GT series. They put cars that are famous for winning a race or championship (like the Senna F1 Lotus car) but without giving them at least one sparring partner to make cool races
you hit the nail on the head. Assetto feels like being in a billionarie's garage with some iconic cars, plenty of gt3s and a few others but no real purpose or logic other than being able to say: "i have them".

you hit the nail on the head. Assetto feels like being in a billionarie's garage with some iconic cars, plenty of gt3s and a few others but no real purpose or logic other than being able to say: "i have them".
Totally
Now with AC you can make just some one make series (Praga R1, Abarth 500 Assetto Corse, Porsche GT3 Cup) and you have a decent rooster just for LMP1, GT2, GT3, GT4
Then we have a plenty of road cars and sparsed race cars without competition or without appropriate tracks to race
For example with the new ferrari DLC we gave the 1967 F1 car that battled against the Lotus we already have but just 2 tracks from the late 60s to race on (3 if we consider the Green Hell Too) frankly a bit few to make a "championship"

I love AC but it would need a more organic approach reducing the number of the "one hit wonder" race cars and filling better the various classes (for example with Lotus they failed to BoP the two racing Evoras info a racing class, they are Too slow for GT3/GT2 and Too fast for GT4, it ends that those two Amazing cars are never used cause they don't fit into any Racing category)

Totally
Now with AC you can make just some one make series (Praga R1, Abarth 500 Assetto Corse, Porsche GT3 Cup) and you have a decent rooster just for LMP1, GT2, GT3, GT4
Then we have a plenty of road cars and sparsed race cars without competition or without appropriate tracks to race
For example with the new ferrari DLC we gave the 1967 F1 car that battled against the Lotus we already have but just 2 tracks from the late 60s to race on (3 if we consider the Green Hell Too) frankly a bit few to make a "championship"

I love AC but it would need a more organic approach reducing the number of the "one hit wonder" race cars and filling better the various classes (for example with Lotus they failed to BoP the two racing Evoras info a racing class, they are Too slow for GT3/GT2 and Too fast for GT4, it ends that those two Amazing cars are never used cause they don't fit into any Racing category)
GT4 class is a bit messy too. The Cayman wasn't a proper GT4 race car when it rolled out of the factory. The Manthey racing team had to develop a conversion kit (clubsport MR) to qualify it for SRO-sanctioned races. The BMW m235i is a trophy cup car with just 300hp, too slow compared to actual GT4 cars. Both Evora models, as you said, are quicker. They're built on a GT4-spec car, but further improved for GTC/GX classes for the GrandAm series, which doesn't even exist anymore. The only two proper GT4 cars are the 2-eleven and the Maserati MC. Problem is that the 1st one is from the 2007 championship, while the 2nd is newer and faster.

Solutions?
1) add more proper gt4 cars. that of course requires time and money;
or
2) add the restrictors/ballast features on consoles (already available on pc).

ps: the toyota gt86 gt4 is probably dead like the m6/ford gt3, the alfa daytona and more

GT4 class is a bit messy too. The Cayman wasn't a proper GT4 race car when it rolled out of the factory. The Manthey racing team had to develop a conversion kit (clubsport MR) to qualify it for SRO-sanctioned races. The BMW m235i is a trophy cup car with just 300hp, too slow compared to actual GT4 cars. Both Evora models, as you said, are quicker. They're built on a GT4-spec car, but further improved for GTC/GX classes for the GrandAm series, which doesn't even exist anymore. The only two proper GT4 cars are the 2-eleven and the Maserati MC. Problem is that the 1st one is from the 2007 championship, while the 2nd is newer and faster.

Solutions?
1) add more proper gt4 cars. that of course requires time and money;
or
2) add the restrictors/ballast features on consoles (already available on pc).

ps: the toyota gt86 gt4 is probably dead like the m6/ford gt3, the alfa daytona and more
I agree with you
I guess that some of the "dead" cars are in reality in the making for AC2
It's some months that the process of developing the core game and adding content has slowed and some cars has suddenly cancelled Too
I guess that this jeans that Kunos starter to work on AC2
IMHO

I agree with you
I guess that some of the "dead" cars are in reality in the making for AC2
It's some months that the process of developing the core game and adding content has slowed and some cars has suddenly cancelled Too
I guess that this jeans that Kunos starter to work on AC2
IMHO
It's possible that they're being saved for assetto 2, but i won't hold my breath (especially considering that it's probably 2-3 years away and thats a long wait). Such a shame (if cancelled) because the 33/2 was quite successful in its days: 1-2-3 at daytona and 1-2-3 at le mans in their class (higher classes were dominated by Porsche with their 907s and 908s with bigger engines).

by the way, do we have any news about the upcoming pack? Do they plan to release it around december 19th to celebrate their 3rd anniversary? Dying to see some pics of the giulia/33 stradale :)

I hope kunos recreated the Quattroporte in its granlusso gts trim. Interiors would look stunning! :bowdown:

Amazing news!!
Why do i feel this ont be the case? Would make more sense to give the GTS version.

P.S Marco M posted a little story on FB about losing his Iphone in Paris. Then ended it with "What was i doing in Paris? You'll find out SOON tm". Lets speculate. It's not Le Manns, i hope it's something we were not already aware of. Bugatti? Renault? Paris track? Oh yes please.

Why do i feel this ont be the case? Would make more sense to give the GTS version.

P.S Marco M posted a little story on FB about losing his Iphone in Paris. Then ended it with "What was i doing in Paris? You'll find out SOON tm". Lets speculate. It's not Le Manns, i hope it's something we were not already aware of. Bugatti? Renault? Paris track? Oh yes please.
Deal with PSA? Their HQs are located in Paris. By the way, what do you mean with paris track? a fantasy street circuit set there? I like that idea, i like it a lot!

I never liked any of the Parisian GT courses, but for whatever reason I long for them lately.

07.jpg

Deal with PSA? Their HQs are located in Paris. By the way, what do you mean with paris track? a fantasy street circuit set there? I like that idea, i like it a lot!
Yea that's exactly what I mean. Would be great to have a track or location in all major capital cities.

Wouldn't mind having the new A110 in AC.

EDIT: Screw that. Make it both the new and the original versions.

5Ntjl5B.jpg
Yes, didn't think of that. Would be awesome.

Yea that's exactly what I mean. Would be great to have a track or location in all major capital cities.

Yes, didn't think of that. Would be awesome.

*begin guessing*

Kunos went to Paris to discuss an agreement with Kylotonn Games to share game-engine technology for AC2.

*end guessingª

Some kind of partnership with the FIA? Maybe for the WEC? People were speculating that the M6 GT3 was dropped because they decided to shoot for the new M8 GTE, these two things might be related. Don't know, just a random thought.

*begin guessing*

Kunos went to Paris to discuss an agreement with Kylotonn Games to share game-engine technology for AC2.

*end guessingª
Hmmm, this sounded interesting so i googled them. They make the WRC series, is their engine any good? I personaly think it's something that will interest us directly and maybe sooner than later ( not that a graphics engine wont interest us directly but I'm thinking content or features )

Some kind of partnership with the FIA? Maybe for the WEC? People were speculating that the M6 GT3 was dropped because they decided to shoot for the new M8 GTE, these two things might be related. Don't know, just a random thought.
Another good guess.

Hmmm, this sounded interesting so i googled them. They make the WRC series, is their engine any good? I personaly think it's something that will interest us directly and maybe sooner than later ( not that a graphics engine wont interest us directly but I'm thinking content or features )

Their engine is nice. Of course, how good the game looks at the end depends also on the quality of the assets used and Kylotonn managed to show that can make a decent looking game. Now, WRC 7 isn't a full blown sim, with regards to physics, but there seems to be a solid base to built upon. Then again, I did make that guess in a more humorous tone as I highly down Kylotonn will share their in-house engine.

Let's say they do license the WEC. Just because you get the license for the championship doesn't mean you get the rights to all manufacturers and cars involved. DiRT 4 was the official FIA World RX game and had some absentees.

Let's say they do license the WEC. Just because you get the license for the championship doesn't mean you get the rights to all manufacturers and cars involved
Not necessarily, yeah, but It could be a way to strengthen their position and facilitate dialogue with some of the right holders they may want to work with. As I said, It's just a random thought. I'm sure we'll hear more next month.

Just read this comment by Casillo:
"I thought I heard that they would release the content on console and PC simultaneously, or at least closer together. Did I imagine that?"
"Yeah I said that in a RD interview but alas it's not going to happen this time as well"

I hope kunos recreated the Quattroporte in its granlusso gts trim. Interiors would look stunning!!
GTS confirmed.

Screenshot_20171202-170934.png

And a surprise.

Screenshot_20171202-171300.png

Screenshot_20171202-171326.png

The clocks are seriously cool. They spin rather than the needle moving.

Screenshot_20171202-171431.png

So 7 cars. Laguna still not finished but they're hoping to have it finished this month. I guess that's why it won't be launched on console at the same time as they're pushing the deadline.

I was expecting the Stelvio but the Alfieri is way cooler! Thanks Kunos!

PS: @lancia delta hf Where did you take these screenshots from? Thanks.
I too was expecting the Stelvio, would actually be fun with the other SUV's, way cooler if you could strip them and add go faster stripes. But yeah the Alfieri is a nice add. I was not expecting that.

Screenshots are from AK I formatica FB page. Though Aris has now shared it.

Screenshot_20171202-180056.png

Back