Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack DLC to Include Laguna Seca, Alfa Romeo Giulia, & More

Im no expert on development, but i struggle to see the dichotomy between DLC and Game advancement? I would assume that some of the development power is used on DLC content as the team is still very small... It does make sense, example: 2 coders will code faster than 1 (in most circumstances). I understand what you are saying, and id agree if it weren't for the fact that game building involves the entire team... DLC takes some of that team away... Hence why DLC ends before the next iteration comes out... Like i said, im far from an expert, but this is what i have always understood and have seen so far...

Stefano does all the coding. That's it, one guy, and he's said that isn't likely to change. Aris does the physics, one guy. They have 3D artists on contract that create the cars/DLC, that's all they do and most of them aren't even on site. I'm no expert either but people smarter than me say there's not much crossover in skills between coding and creating 3D models so the artists can't just hop into Stefano's studio and start doing coding. Plus, if they're still in the exploratory phase of deciding what engine to use for the next game the artists aren't going to have any work to do on AC2 assets yet so it makes sense to have them keep cranking away on DLC for AC1 instead.

Stefano does all the coding. That's it, one guy, and he's said that isn't likely to change. Aris does the physics, one guy. They have 3D artists on contract that create the cars/DLC, that's all they do and most of them aren't even on site. I'm no expert either but people smarter than me say there's not much crossover in skills between coding and creating 3D models so the artists can't just hop into Stefano's studio and start doing coding. Plus, if they're still in the exploratory phase of deciding what engine to use for the next game the artists aren't going to have any work to do on AC2 assets yet so it makes sense to have them keep cranking away on DLC for AC1 instead.

I though the team has expanded slightly after Dig. Bro's buy out? Also, i would imagine that the team will increase in size with DB funding? maybe not, but that would make sense to me considering the rise in overhead. I suppose i agree, however artists can start before the physics engine is designed, just as long as permissions are attained and licensing sorted.. If the DLC was paid then i would agree, but as the next DLC is free im not really contributing to the studio, to me it just feels like its slowing down AC2 (IMO, just the feeling i get a suppose, not factual basis) ... Id much rather contribute to Kunos (and im a student..) or just have a little wait and have all of these features (cars, leguna) in AC2...

I know this is mostly personal opinion, but after PCARS2 release (which was good enough for me, but just cant get AC's FFB and physics out of my head) and GTS (would rather go outside and simulate jumping off my roof) i am itching for more AC content...

AKA.. i need a damn PC.

I remember that, a few months ago, he posted a picture of some cars and wrote "What do you say? At least one Ferrari is missing from the grid?" or something like that. People said we were gonna get the 512M or the 575 GT1 because the Maserati MC12 and the Porsche 917K were in that grid and, as we all know, they don't have any rival. So maybe there's still hope for at least one of them. Dreaming doesn't cost a thing, right?
I recall that too, but I'm sure He Was referring to the 330?

I remember that, a few months ago, he posted a picture of some cars and wrote "What do you say? At least one Ferrari is missing from the grid?" or something like that. People said we were gonna get the 512M or the 575 GT1 because the Maserati MC12 and the Porsche 917K were in that grid and, as we all know, they don't have any rival. So maybe there's still hope for at least one of them. Dreaming doesn't cost a thing, right?
To be honest the Moby Dick needs some competition too (in this case in the form of a 512BB LM) ;)

I though the team has expanded slightly after Dig. Bro's buy out? Also, i would imagine that the team will increase in size with DB funding? maybe not, but that would make sense to me considering the rise in overhead. I suppose i agree, however artists can start before the physics engine is designed, just as long as permissions are attained and licensing sorted.. If the DLC was paid then i would agree, but as the next DLC is free im not really contributing to the studio, to me it just feels like its slowing down AC2 (IMO, just the feeling i get a suppose, not factual basis) ... Id much rather contribute to Kunos (and im a student..) or just have a little wait and have all of these features (cars, leguna) in AC2...

I doubt there will be much expanding of the team as far as coding goes, Stefano is very protective of it and prefers to do it on his own. I could be wrong but I seem to recall Stefano making comments to the effect of not wanting more cooks in the coding kitchen. I don't know the in's and out's but I'd guess if they haven't decided on a graphics engine yet it wouldn't make any sense to start creating 3D assets that may or may not be compatible with that graphics engine. And you brought up another good point, if they're not very far into the process yet they probably haven't licensed any new assets so it would be pointless to have your artists working on assets that aren't even licensed.

Basically, all I'm saying is we don't know how the internal going's on of a particular company work so it's pointless to speculate or think we know better than they do how to accomplish a particular task. A method that works for one company or team may not work for another. I'm sure once they have the groundwork laid for the next game they'll go full bore on it but they've also promised to support the current version of AC for a while so I wouldn't expect them to just pull the plug on it and put everything towards the new game right off the bat, there's likely to be a period where they have to juggle the two.

AKA.. i need a damn PC.

I'll set aside some cookies for you. :)

I doubt there will be much expanding of the team as far as coding goes, Stefano is very protective of it and prefers to do it on his own. I could be wrong but I seem to recall Stefano making comments to the effect of not wanting more cooks in the coding kitchen. I don't know the in's and out's but I'd guess if they haven't decided on a graphics engine yet it wouldn't make any sense to start creating 3D assets that may or may not be compatible with that graphics engine. And you brought up another good point, if they're not very far into the process yet they probably haven't licensed any new assets so it would be pointless to have your artists working on assets that aren't even licensed.

Basically, all I'm saying is we don't know how the internal going's on of a particular company work so it's pointless to speculate or think we know better than they do how to accomplish a particular task. A method that works for one company or team may not work for another. I'm sure once they have the groundwork laid for the next game they'll go full bore on it but they've also promised to support the current version of AC for a while so I wouldn't expect them to just pull the plug on it and put everything towards the new game right off the bat, there's likely to be a period where they have to juggle the two.

Yeah i suppose, it is a finicky mistress...

Haha i dont like peanuts so keep it simple ;) instead of milk i would prefer 20 x $100 bills... (CAN, like 15 US) ... however i know beggars cant be choosers!

I recall that too, but I'm sure He Was referring to the 330?
It's possible, but its rival (the GT40) was not in the picture posted by him.
18556905_10208970470572947_1679013051311694209_o.jpg

Didn't they advertise for 3 new coders?
It's possible, but its rival (the GT40) was not in the picture posted by him.
18556905_10208970470572947_1679013051311694209_o.jpg
Hmmm, so which car, if any, is in the game that isn't in that photo that should be there? This could be interesting.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. That might not be a good thing...:nervous:

Idk... 3 X the content... even if AC is dumbed down a little... i think it'd be worth it... My only grief with the game is the lack of tracks...

... again... really need a PC. (mods)

Idk... 3 X the content... even if AC is dumbed down a little... i think it'd be worth it... My only grief with the game is the lack of tracks...

... again... really need a PC. (mods)

Well, I believe Stefano has made comments to the effect that as long as he's there he'll be the only one doing the coding. He's also made comments that he's pretty burnt out on all of this and the drama that comes with it. So if they're hiring new coders that could mean Stefano would be stepping down or scaling back. Pure speculation, of course, just me putting 2 and 2 together to make 7, but AC without Stefano would not be the best thing to happen.

Last edited:
Well, I believe Stefano has made comments to the effect that as long as he's there he'll be the only one doing the coding. He's also made comments that he's pretty burnt out on all of this and the drama that comes with it. So if they're hiring new coders that could mean Stefano would be stepping down or scaling back. Pure speculation, of course, just me putting 2 and 2 together to make 7, but AC without Stefano would not be the best thing to happen.

Well hopefully they can find a happy medium...

It looks like Forza 7 has beaten Assetto Corsa into being the first game to feature the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

A shame as I would have liked AC to be the first but at least it's still coming.

It looks like Forza 7 has beaten Assetto Corsa into being the first game to feature the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

A shame as I would have liked AC to be the first but at least it's still coming.
Yeah, but Kunos announced it like 3 years ago!! So there Forza. Up yours. :sly: Seriously though...we've been hearing about this car for so long now. I have two questions, I'm sure one of you knuckleheads will know the answer to. How many cars are in Forza 7 and are all of them at the same level of quality (not like that Std vs Premium crap GT6 pulled on me)?

@Jack Dulmage - if at all possible, start putting $20/wk aside for a PC gaming rig. I can't speak for FPS's if you play those, or RPGs or whatever, but PC sim racing is the bees knees. It's just more customizable and more there are more top quality choices. I know Assetto Corsa isn't the only PC sim to offer modding...not by a long shot. But, as of 2017 they are far and away the undisputed heavyweight champions of PC sim mod content.

Yeah, but Kunos announced it like 3 years ago!! So there Forza. Up yours. :sly: Seriously though...we've been hearing about this car for so long now. I have two questions, I'm sure one of you knuckleheads will know the answer to. How many cars are in Forza 7 and are all of them at the same level of quality (not like that Std vs Premium crap GT6 pulled on me)?
About 700 cars (Here's an interactive list if you want to check it out: http://www.kudosprime.com/f7/carlist.php). You can sort them by name, price, year, power etc.
About the level of quality, in most cases you can open the hood and check the engine, in others you can't. That's the only difference.

Didn't they advertise for 3 new coders?
Hmmm, so which car, if any, is in the game that isn't in that photo that should be there? This could be interesting.
You mean which Ferrari, currently in the game, should be there? P4 could be, even if It never raced against the 908. The P3/4 did and that's probably close enough for them.

The car is now so "old" that there's hardly any scoop in being the first game to have it.

@Jack Dulmage - if at all possible, start putting $20/wk aside for a PC gaming rig. I can't speak for FPS's if you play those, or RPGs or whatever, but PC sim racing is the bees knees. It's just more customizable and more there are more top quality choices. I know Assetto Corsa isn't the only PC sim to offer modding...not by a long shot. But, as of 2017 they are far and away the undisputed heavyweight champions of PC sim mod content.

Im on it my man ;) plan on building this summer! Have been selecting parts for a couple months already but im a student right now so i need to finish my degree (this spring) before i fork out 2K on a computer... As soon as the debt is paid off (should be next to nothing) my first paycheck should be a lot of fun!

I can't wait to finally have a laser-scanned Laguna Seca in Assetto Corsa. As an unashamed Lamborghini fanboy, I know I'll love the Huracan Performante. I just hope it's fun to drive. Sadly, I don't give my Aventador SV nearly as much time as I thought I would. Maybe it's just too much car for me? :boggled:

@breyzipp I respect your opinion...I know you're a supporter of pretty much all worthwhile sims - not a biased fanboy of any - what has been your impression of PCars 2 now that everyone's had a chance to try multiple cars, car classes, tracks, car setups, etc? I see @Schmiggz isn't happy with it, but I chat with many people on Race Department who are very pleased with PCars 2...so, what's your take? If you don't mind me asking. :)

I agree with everything you said. Rarely play with the F1 GTR, Huayra, Zonda R and 599XX anymore, I mostly race the hypercars and some supercars. I play with the LaFerrari, LaFerrari FXXK, P1, 812 Superfast, and sometimes the 918 Spyder Weissach Package, Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce, 488 GTB and 458 Italia. I've yet to try the P1 GTR.

The Veneno was an embarrassment, in my opinion. So fugly.

I love the Veneno. It does have the same engine specs as the Aventador SV, but I still think it is underrated. The Veneno is much lighter and creates much more downforce, I am pretty sure it can shave over 2-3 seconds from the SV, and compete with the Huayra. I think it looks insane, it's just sad that many hypercars rarely set lap times. Would've been interesting to see how fast the Agera R and Agera RS was on a track against the LaFerrari, and how fast the Agera One:1 is against the 918 Spyder Weissach Package and P1...

I got the car pack, tested the Giulia, and then went back to waiting for Assetto Corsa's version. FM7 is fun, but I like Assetto Corsa's physics better.

Assertion was cancelled by Lamborghini and this Kunos. Gallardo GT3 was replaced with the Huracan GT3 (similar to what seams to be happening with the M6 GT3). We received the SV instead of the standard Aventador, whilst the Veneno I have no idea but I'm confident we won't be getting it and the others were chosen instead. I'm happy about that.

Hope the Veneno does come. It should be much better than the Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce on track, and it should be really close with the Huayra, which is why it needs to come. The Aventador Superveloce is outclassed by the Huayra and the Holy Trinity, don’t know why it is in that hypercar segment.

It should be against the 812 Superfast and 488 GTB in their own class, those two are way too quick for their current class. The 599 GTO would’ve been a better Ferrari car for that class.

If not against the 488 GTB and 812 Superfast, then hopefully the 675LT and F12tdf get added to face the Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce, or the Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce could face off with the Huracán LP640-4 Performante. They should then add the Aventador LP700-4, F12berlinetta, 650S, Huracán LP610-4 and 458 Speciale should be added to go against the 812 Superfast and 488 GTB, giving them real competition. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Hope the Veneno does come. It should be much better than the Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce on track, and it should be really close with the Huayra, which is why it needs to come. The Aventador Superveloce is outclassed by the Huayra and the Holy Trinity, don’t know why it is in that hypercar segment.

It should be against the 812 Superfast and 488 GTB in their own class, those two are way too quick for their current class. The 599 GTO and F12berlinetta would’ve been better Ferrari cars for that class.

If not against the 488 GTB and 812 Superfast, then hopefully the 675LT and F12tdf get added to face the Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce, and the 650S, Huracán LP610-4 and 458 Speciale should be added to go against the 812 Superfast and 488 GTB. Just a suggestion.

Any idea when the DLC pack comes out?

When you want to set up a race against the AI with the console version of Assetto Corsa, are you allowed to chose any cars you want to be on the race track? Or is there a limited set of cars you can choose from based on the car you picked to drive?

When you want to set up a race against the AI with the console version of Assetto Corsa, are you allowed to chose any cars you want to be on the race track? Or is there a limited set of cars you can choose from based on the car you picked to drive?
You can chose any cars in championships, but you get a pre set of cars in quick race and race weekend based on the car you use. It leads to some strange line ups.

You can chose any cars in championships, but you get a pre set of cars in quick race and race weekend based on the car you use. It leads to some strange line ups.

Yeah. In quick race, you can race against your exact vehicles only (one-make) or same class. Though, some vehicles are in the wrong classes, such as the Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce, 488 GTB and 812 Superfast.

I’ve not played race weekend, but I think that sounds like some sort of track day where they add random cars?

Yeah. In quick race, you can race against your exact vehicles only (one-make) or same class. Though, some vehicles are in the wrong classes, such as the Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce, 488 GTB and 812 Superfast.

I’ve not played race weekend, but I think that sounds like some sort of track day where they add random cars?
It just adds cars that they have dreamed in the same class. If you have not tried race weekend I suggest giving it a go when you just want to chill and drive. It really does feel like a track day in practice session.

It just adds cars that they have dreamed in the same class. If you have not tried race weekend I suggest giving it a go when you just want to chill and drive. It really does feel like a track day in practice session.

I tried it with the LaFerrari FXXK, and the same cars in its normal class came up (the Zonda R, P1 GTR and 599XX Evoluzione). Did I do something wrong? (I’m a console player btw).

Back