Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Thank you, both. đź‘Ť

Awesome news.
Looking forward to hearing the full interview - if not only to get to know the rest of the cars in the pack.

The free DLC pack sounds very nice. Too much AC news all of a sudden. Cannot cope. :crazy:

- BMW M6 GT3 won't happen, so it's not a joke :( But there are ongoing negotiations with BMW which Marco didn't explain in detail

With BMW shifting focus to the 8 Series I was starting to see things going this way.

I'm glad they scrapped the TT road car for the Cup car, adds so much more value imo.

The free DLC pack sounds very nice. Too much AC news all of a sudden. Cannot cope. :crazy:

With BMW shifting focus to the 8 Series I was starting to see things going this way.
Was thinking the same, I'm sure BMW would prefer to see their newer model represented. Much like Lamborghini with the Huge fan GT3.

Did Marco reveal all seven cars for the next DLC?

Alfa Romeo 33
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Maserati Quattroporte
Lamborghini Huracán Performante
?
?
?

I'm glad they scrapped the TT road car for the Cup car, adds so much more value imo.

I would prefer if they had opted for both race car and road car versions. In my opinion it would add more balance and the road-going TT would be fun to compare against cars like the Porsche Cayman and Alfa Romeo 4C. So far I like the Cup version quite a bit whereas the VLN version feels like a very agile tank lacking somewhat in the fun department.

Did Marco reveal all seven cars for the next DLC?

Alfa Romeo 33
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Maserati Quattroporte
Lamborghini Huracán Performante
?
?
?

I would prefer if they had opted for both race car and road car versions. In my opinion it would add more balance and the road-going TT would be fun to compare against cars like the Porsche Cayman and Alfa Romeo 4C. So far I like the Cup version quite a bit whereas the VLN version feels like a very agile tank lacking somewhat in the fun department.
Hmm, i thought the VLN version was much more exciting when compared to the Cup car, but the Cup car is great for one make racing. If the TT road car was the RS version then yes it would be a good addition. But I'm not thussed if it was the standard version.

Reg. The 7 cars, the guy said he couldn't remember what they were. So i take that as a yes, Marco revealed what they were. Alfa Romeo Stelvio maybe?

Hmm, i thought the VLN version was much more exciting when compared to the Cup car, but the Cup car is great for one make racing.

Each to his own. The VLN is faster but I feel a more connected experience with the Cup car, which also sounds pretty neat in replays.

Reg. The 7 cars, the guy said he couldn't remember what they were. So i take that as a yes, Marco revealed what they were. Alfa Romeo Stelvio maybe?

Other sources are now reporting six cars, not seven. I'm just finding it strange that the info hasn't been shared already if he did indeed go in detail about each one. I'd guess more than one interviewer asked him this question.

Each to his own. The VLN is faster but I feel a more connected experience with the Cup car, which also sounds pretty neat in replays.

Other sources are now reporting six cars, not seven. I'm just finding it strange that the info hasn't been shared already if he did indeed go in detail about each one. I'd guess more than one interviewer asked him this question.
In an interview with SimracingGirl Marco said 6-8 cars, so I'd say they have 6 licences tied up now. Also agree about the TT Cup sounding great in replays. It's a strange car, it should be boring to drive as its so easy, so perfect you could say, but it isn't boring at all. So I'm glad we didn't get the road version because it was between that and the cup car rather than the VLN car.

Also it would be nice to have some info with these cars. How many people who use this car know about the Push2Pass feature of this car? That could be handy for me online though.

In an interview with SimracingGirl Marco said 6-8 cars, so I'd say they have 6 licences tied up now.

Ok. Eight cars seems like a lot for something that's free.

Also agree about the TT Cup sounding great in replays. It's a strange car, it should be boring to drive as its so easy, so perfect you could say, but it isn't boring at all.

"Easy to drive" isn't always boring. The Lotus 3-Eleven is very fun but not at all difficult.

So I'm glad we didn't get the road version because it was between that and the cup car rather than the VLN car.

But beyond the RTR DLC there could be room for a newer road-going Audi TT. Just look at how we've had two Huracán race cars for a while, but now we're apparently also getting the Performante.

Also it would be nice to have some info with these cars. How many people who use this car know about the Push2Pass feature of this car? That could be handy for me online though.

I saw that function mentioned in the patch notes. No idea when and how to use it.

Ok. Eight cars seems like a lot for something that's free.

"Easy to drive" isn't always boring. The Lotus 3-Eleven is very fun but not at all difficult.

But beyond the RTR DLC there could be room for a newer road-going Audi TT. Just look at how we've had two Huracán race cars for a while, but now we're apparently also getting the Performante.

I saw that function mentioned in the patch notes. No idea when and how to use it.
I've been trying to figure it out and worked it out last night. It only shows up on the dash and not on the HUD. If you look on the dash display bottom right, there a box with no.17 in it. You have 17 uses of this feature in a race, when you press it, it turns blue to signify it's in use, then it will eventually turn red which means it is no longer in use ( that's my assumption anyway ) and you can't use it again until it turns back to white. I tried it on Highlands short and could use it twice in a lap.

Basically it gives you a boost, so its up to you to choose the best times to use it. Might have to research so I understand it properly.

Reg. The road TT, Huracan etc, no idea really. Only Kunos can answer that. Who knows, maybe it will be one of the 8.
How do you use the P2P feature on the VLN car?
The VLN car doesn't have it I believe. Maybe you just mixed the two cars up?

I've been trying to figure it out and worked it out last night. It only shows up on the dash and not on the HUD. If you look on the dash display bottom right, there a box with no.17 in it. You have 17 uses of this feature in a race, when you press it, it turns blue to signify it's in use, then it will eventually turn red which means it is no longer in use ( that's my assumption anyway ) and you can't use it again until it turns back to white. I tried it on Highlands short and could use it twice in a lap.

It shows up on the gears app, not sure if consoles get that or not but on ours there's a number on the top corner that shows how many P2P you have. When the number is white P2P is available, when it's blue it's in use, when it's red it's "recharging". When you press it you get 20 seconds of boost (approx. 30hp) followed by a 10 second recharge/cool down period where it cannot be used. It is disabled during qualifying, but is available in practice and in the race. It's nothing dramatic, you don't notice the car surge forward or anything, but it may be just enough to help you complete or defend an overtake.

I too prefer the VLN to the Cup version, more power and more lively to drive IMO.

It shows up on the gears app, not sure if consoles get that or not but on ours there's a number on the top corner that shows how many P2P you have. When the number is white P2P is available, when it's blue it's in use, when it's red it's "recharging". When you press it you get 20 seconds of boost (approx. 30hp) followed by a 10 second recharge/cool down period where it cannot be used. It is disabled during qualifying, but is available in practice and in the race. It's nothing dramatic, you don't notice the car surge forward or anything, but it may be just enough to help you complete or defend an overtake.

I too prefer the VLN to the Cup version, more power and more lively to drive IMO.
Thanks, i noticed that it isn't really noticeable, hence why it took me a couple days to work it out as I was pressing buttons but nothing seamed to happen. The gear indicator was the first place I looked, no info there.

It's funny because the VLN version is better, more fun and lively as you says. Also it sounds great and meatier than the Cup car, it I find myself always being drawn to the Cup car.

Just in case console users only visit this thread. This is from the PC tgread, these are the free cars with the Laguna pack.

Alfa Romeo Guila QV
Alfa Romeo Stradale 33
Maserati Quattroporte
Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
Lamborghini Huracan Performante
Pagani Huayra BC

GIGIDY GIGIDY GOO!

Nice list but sad to hear the M6 GT3 was cancelled. I fear the same might happen to the GT86 GT4 (was looking forward to that one since we don't have many GT4 cars).

Nice list but sad to hear the M6 GT3 was cancelled. I fear the same might happen to the GT86 GT4 (was looking forward to that one since we don't have many GT4 cars).
Not fussed about the M6 but I get people want it. However Kunos are in talks with BMW so maybe we will get the M8 GT3. Agree about GT4 and the likelihood 0f the GT86 being canceled.

I fear the same might happen to the GT86 GT4 (was looking forward to that one since we don't have many GT4 cars).

Although I don't think it's ever been confirmed, it's widely believed that the GT86 GT4 has been cancelled, sadly.

Does anyone know why Audi decided to go with FWD for the VLN race car?

My guess would be to save weight.

I think the LS pack will be probably the last time they will release content for AC1.

Their next game doesn't sound like it's right around the corner. Of course, AC support has to end at some point, but no content at all through 2018 would in my opinion be too drastic after three years of consitent influx. I'm not asking for anything major, but just small additions to keep the community on its toes.

They haven't even settled on what software to use yet! They are still a LONG way from AC2.
Completely agree. I don't expect AC2 before 2019 ( That's being positive, not before 2020 I recon). I mean they won't even refer to it as AC2, or even the next Assetto at the moment. Just the next project.

Having said that I don't expect much content next year, maybe a few drips here and there. I guess it all depends on what the staff can do while Stefano is working on the new engine.

I hope preliminary planning is underway for a successor to Assetto Corsa...hopefully it's AC2 (another motorsport simulator). It wouldn't have made any sense (the Digital Bros. purchase of Kunos) if Marco & Stefano were ready to call it a day and become beach bums, or even go into a different direction, like watercraft boat racing or something other than car racing.

Also I hope there is no more license seeking for more cars or manufacturers for Assetto Corsa 1. We have an excellent selection of cars. Unfortunately, many of them don't have a direct competitor, but now is not the time to remedy that. AC2 is. On the official website is a posting for Sr & Jr level C++ developers as well as web developers, so that is very encouraging.

The dark overlords of Digital Bros. are going to want to see good return on their investment. A couple of DLC packs for a 3-4 year old sim won't even cover their overhead. Whatever is going on, console users will be lucky to have one core Assetto Corsa 2 of which each branch: PS4, XBone & PC are developed in harmony - not slapping bandaids on code to get something working because it was never designed to work on PS4/XBone hardware.

Latest Posts

Back