Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
The only crown wheel and pinion offered on the catalogue is 10/29 ratio ( part no 122099 ). I think Kunos offered alternative ratios from Evoluzione car.

If you ask the question over on the official forum, one of the dev's might chime in with an answer.

If you ask the question over on the official forum, one of the dev's might chime in with an answer.

I think @Nielsen would be more interested in that, I don't, I've learned long time ago to accept that not everything will be accurate, especially car data and simulated aspects of it :)

I think @Nielsen would be more interested in that, I don't, I've learned long time ago to accept that not everything will be accurate, especially car data and simulated aspects of it :)

Accepting that everything won't be accurate and learning about the reason for providing more than one final ratio setting aren't mutually exclusive things. I can't ask the developers any questions though. The interesting parts of the AC forum is locked for console players and I'm one of those dinosaurs without social media accounts.

Accepting that everything won't be accurate and learning about the reason for providing more than one final ratio setting aren't mutually exclusive things. I can't ask the developers any questions though. The interesting parts of the AC forum is locked for console players and I'm one of those dinosaurs without social media accounts.
My suggestion would be a PM via Facebook.

My suggestion would be a PM via Facebook.

Which would require a Facebook account, so the sender of that PM is not going to be me. :P

Now that we're on the subject. I just watched a gameplay video of the 288 GTO and it turns out that PC players can also choose between U.S. Spec and EVO Spec versions in the car setup. No idea what this setting does to the car, but it's yet another thing Kunos didn't feel like porting to consoles. :indiff:

Now that we're on the subject. I just watched a gameplay video of the 288 GTO and it turns out that PC players can also choose between U.S. Spec and EVO Spec versions in the car setup. No idea what this setting does to the car, but it's yet another thing Kunos didn't feel like porting to consoles. :indiff:
Really? This is what I've been talking about - the 2 different gearboxes available for the GTO. The US car setup, if you're looking for a true to life recreation, should only be the one setup (US gearbox w/default Final Gear) while the EVO setup uses the EVO gearbox, obviously, and it appears all three Final Gear's can be used with this gearbox and still maintain legitimacy.

Indeed I am.

I've been pretty patient so far and after reading the main forum I was quietly confident today was finally going to be the day. But still as you were.. It's getting a little tiresome now.

Which would require a Facebook account, so the sender of that PM is not going to be me. :P

That was the first thing i looked for on the 288. Was surprised to see it not there. Deserves attention being brought to it on thei forum. Why wouldn't it be on console?

Indeed I am.

I've been pretty patient so far and after reading the main forum I was quietly confident today was finally going to be the day. But still as you were.. It's getting a little tiresome now.

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 2.10.39 PM.png

Too bad there aren't any other Ferraris in the game for you to drive in the meantime...

I'm fully aware thank you, sarcasm was kind of unnecessary .

I think we have a little bit of a right to be annoyed at this point. I know they are working hard and I can appreciate that but it's still a little frustrating.

Whatever it is I guess I'll just keep waiting till it comes. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Really? This is what I've been talking about - the 2 different gearboxes available for the GTO. The US car setup, if you're looking for a true to life recreation, should only be the one setup (US gearbox w/default Final Gear) while the EVO setup uses the EVO gearbox, obviously, and it appears all three Final Gear's can be used with this gearbox and still maintain legitimacy.

Oh, but it was my impression that both configurations allow for the use of all three final ratio settings. Maybe you can check in your game to confirm? I'm still confused though. Why would Kunos want to offer Evoluzione parts on the road car? Two different cars as far as I'm concerned. And why does an Italian studio recreate the North American spec?

That was the first thing i looked for on the 288. Was surprised to see it not there. Deserves attention being brought to it on thei forum. Why wouldn't it be on console?

It's just another difference between versions. Not the first time something like this has happened, unfortunately.

I'm fully aware thank you, sarcasm was kind of unnecessary .

I think we have a little bit of a right to be annoyed at this point. I know they are working hard and I can appreciate that but it's still a little frustrating.

Whatever it is I guess I'll just keep waiting till it comes. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Just as a thought; maybe they have found that the issue which causes the game to crash [on PS4] when using the F2004, is also present on the xbox version. So they could be addressing this as well, so as to avoid more complaints. Pure speculation on my part of course. :sly:

Bad news...

"As many of you know, an issue was reported on the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack for Xbox One. We submitted a potential fix but unfortunately, the submission process is taking longer than expected.
We know this is incredibly frustrating but be rest assured, we're doing everything we can right now to get this pack up and running as soon as possible."

..and good news:

"This bug [F2004] including others as well, are going to be addressed in the next patch of the game."

Bad news...

"As many of you know, an issue was reported on the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack for Xbox One. We submitted a potential fix but unfortunately, the submission process is taking longer than expected.
We know this is incredibly frustrating but be rest assured, we're doing everything we can right now to get this pack up and running as soon as possible."

..and good news:

"This bug [F2004] including others as well, are going to be addressed in the next patch of the game."

Sometimes I wonder if Xbox are just being 🤬 to make the third party competition look worse than Forza, which happens to suck in its seventh iteration.

Sometimes I wonder if Xbox are just being 🤬 to make the third party competition look worse than Forza, which happens to suck in its seventh iteration.
Huh? The issue is clearly with Kunos, since they had to submit a fix, which needs to go through the sub process just like any other patch from any other developer.

Never thought of it but old be ;D
Maybe the F2004 won't be bugged at all on Xbox.

not sure why people can blame microsoft really. if this was an issue with the ms store, it would have been sorted in a couple of hours, top.
plus, kunos isnt really famous for releasing perfect updates and problems with them are always around the corner. on both platforms. i still remember the 1.09 ps4 patch (alted on xbox) that broke the reverb sounds on 80 percent of cars in the game. not unplayable but still extremely annoying. i'm afraid their quality control is near zero since most gameplay related problems (liveries, f2004 'box , pitstops, championships LBs reset, wheel rotation bugs, random DC's online etc.) always fly under the radar. and personally, i'm encountering more and more ce-34878 errors in the last days.

love this game so much, i really do. but it'd be on a whole different level with more polish.

Huh? The issue is clearly with Kunos, since they had to submit a fix, which needs to go through the sub process just like any other patch from any other developer.

Except that the updates usually pass Sony's process with no problem. It's always MS that causes the hold up. To me that indicates at least some fault likely lies with both parties and while I'm not a member of the tin-foil hat brigade it is easy to make the assumption that MS could cause patch denial problems for games that provide competition to their in-house franchises like Forza. Not saying it's likely, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities either.

If I owned an XBOX and this was happening to my favourite (non-exclusive) games, I wouldn't go and buy their exclusive ones instead. On the contrary, I would simply think "screw you" and change to a PS4.

If I owned a software development company and had to put up with constant, intentional barriers from MS when placing patches up for submission, I would simply give up and shift my focus entirely to Sony. Not only because I was losing time and money with all the revisions, but also because I was hurting my reputation along the way on that platform.

All this to say that I don't really buy the "sabotage" theory. Or, at least, that MS should think twice about doing it.

Hi guys :).

I fired up AC a fews days ago, after a short time away with the newer racers on PS4, and
I have to say that my appreciation for AC has now increased. I always liked it, but coming
back to it has just, well, blown me away. I don’t think I fully appreciated it before.
I’m not a big car guy, I can’t talk car physics or anything like that, but its just amazing to
drive/race in AC. It just feels great to me.

I did 30 laps at Mugello earlier in a McLaren GT3. I got lost in the ‘flow’. It was great fun.
I’ll be spending much more time with AC again I think :)..👍

:cheers:

"Great news! Microsoft have approved a hotfix which resolves the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack launch issue and we will be launching later today! :)
Thank you once again to all those who have shown us nothing but support! It means a great deal to the team."

Great news, indeed. Have fun with the new pack, Xboxers! You won't be disappointed by the new cars, they're all a blast to drive.

I can confirm that it works.

But entering Setup with the F2004 crashes your game.

And the 2017 F1 like the others simply isnt fun cause you cant go fast through corners without spinning and the hybrid is manually. You have to push a button which is definetly not how it is in F1.

And the 2017 F1 like the others simply isnt fun cause you cant go fast through corners without spinning and the hybrid is manually. You have to push a button which is definetly not how it is in F1.

You can go insanely fast through corners in these cars, especially in the SF70H. Just practice some more. Also not sure what you mean about the hybrid system being manual. The F138 is the only hybrid F1 car in AC which requires the press of a button for KERS deployment. In addition to this button, the SF15-T and SF70H have different MGU settings making the hybrid system work on its own. That's how it works on PS4.

You can go insanely fast through corners in these cars, especially in the SF70H. Just practice some more. Also not sure what you mean about the hybrid system being manual. The F138 is the only hybrid F1 car in AC which requires the press of a button for KERS deployment. In addition to this button, the SF15-T and SF70H have different MGU settings making the hybrid system work on its own. That's how it works on PS4.

That's how it works in real life too, the drivers have many engine/hybrid/regen modes to choose from and they can do it on the fly. Not sure why he thinks that's not how it is in F1, it's discussed pretty much every race.

Back