Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
All of those wheels are still supported in Project CARS afaik, so Sony doesn't care that a developer makes something work with a device that's not officially PS4-compliant. If I recall correctly from WMD all that was required to make those work in the game was close collaboration with Fanatec and SMS. So no idea why the same doesn't or couldn't apply to Kunos.
It's got to be legal/marketing.

I suspect what happened was that Fanatec initiated licensing their future wheel with Sony, and this triggered Sony to take notice of earlier claims by Fanatec for their wheels to be supported on PS4, which obviously was never true: Some games supported the wheel via embedding drivers, but you had no guarantees as evidenced by Driveclub not ever getting Fanatec wheel support.

The whole thing might be as simple as Fanatec's advertising wording being unacceptable to Sony, and the release of Fanatec's new fully licensed wheel is needed to resolve the differences. Sony now has no choice but to back up their licensing negotiations with "hard ball" on Fanatec's unlicensed wheels being advertised as supported.

I really hope people continue to come to this thread to report "WTF?! Look at this tweet! AC doesn't support private lobbies!! hurr durr hurr!!" :rolleyes:

Does anyone have an opinion on, you know, the most important part of the game...how the cars and track feel while driving? It seems like a LOT of people were fortunate to get their copies early...I'm interested in hearing their opinions on that.
I have an Opinion on how cars and tracks feel! ;)

The Cars I have driven so far all feel different, and I mean also cars in the same class like the Ferrari 458 GT2 or the Huracan GT3, and as far as track goes, you will feel every bump on Monza with them, the tarmac FFB does a good job.

It's got to be legal/marketing.

I suspect what happened was that Fanatec initiated licensing their future wheel with Sony, and this triggered Sony to take notice of earlier claims by Fanatec for their wheels to be supported on PS4, which obviously was never true: Some games supported the wheel via embedding drivers, but you had no guarantees as evidenced by Driveclub not ever getting Fanatec wheel support.

The whole thing might be as simple as Fanatec's advertising wording being unacceptable to Sony, and the release of Fanatec's new fully licensed wheel is needed to resolve the differences. Sony now has no choice but to back up their licensing negotiations with "hard ball" on Fanatec's unlicensed wheels being advertised as supported.

That's been pretty much what I've been able to gather too. Doesn't mean Fanatec gear won't work, just means Sony doesn't want them advertising it as "fully compatible" because you can't navigate menus and such directly from the wheel.

Why is everyone getting irate over this lmao? Yea it would be great but it's not the disaster everyone is making out, I'm sure they will arrive at some point. I think people should remember this is a sim and notva simple arcade video game made to sell millions then dumped after 2 weeks. AC is gonna be around for a while and supported for a while too.

I really hope people continue to come to this thread to report "WTF?! Look at this tweet! AC doesn't support private lobbies!! hurr durr hurr!!" :rolleyes:

Does anyone have an opinion on, you know, the most important part of the game...how the cars and track feel while driving? It seems like a LOT of people were fortunate to get their copies early...I'm interested in hearing their opinions on that.

You have nailed it, if physics and track quality aren't at the top of the list then perhaps AC isn't for you. Maybe Pcars or NFS would be more suitable.

This must be some kind of joke.

I know the fanboysm runs rampant in the assetto corsa fans, but not having private lobbies for X months is something that is a real issues for all that race with their gtplanetv friends online...

Really you guys would be 100% satisfied with good physics and no way to play that good physics online with your friends in a championship?

Everytime I read pbugs in this thread I ask myself if I want to meddle with such childish users >_>

I fear that assetto corsa name will save it from the legitimate critics it may deserve.

Hope people won't be silly like with pcars and start calling it assetto-bugs :D

Week in any case it's just an handful of days now. Plus the months to have private lobbies that is -.-

I know the fanboysm runs rampant in the assetto corsa fans, but not having private lobbies for X months is something that is a real issues for all that race with their gtplanetv friends online...

Really you guys would be 100% satisfied with good physics and no way to play that good physics online with your friends in a championship?

Everytime I read pbugs in this thread I ask myself if I want to meddle with such childish users >_>

I fear that assetto corsa name will save it from the legitimate critics it may deserve.

Week in any case it's just an handful of days now. Plus the months to have private lobbies that is -.-
No, I agree it's a problem, but I'm sure we won't have to wait too long for them to implement private lobbies when they realise it is an important option to have. In the mean time im hedging my bets on being able to join the same lobbies via friends list. On Gt prologue me and my friends use to get in the same races by clicking on find race at exactly the same time and it worked. not ideal but means must for now.

Why is everyone getting irate over this lmao? Yea it would be great but it's not the disaster everyone is making out, I'm sure they will arrive at some point. I think people should remember this is a sim and notva simple arcade video game made to sell millions then dumped after 2 weeks. AC is gonna be around for a while and supported for a while too.

In first term i now what the physics of AC are worth, cause i tried the PC version at a friend's house and they are amazing.

But I'm also in a team who competes online in championships,and I'm sorry, but private lobby's options should be in every simulation game from beginning, more if you are a unknown game towards the majority of console users.

BTW, day one patch arrived on the Xbox One version with a weight of less than 600mb
And 100% confirmed now that on launch assetto don't have the option of private hosted lobbies.. A shame for online racing community's..

Screenshot_2016-08-23-17-37-01.jpg

Hopefully it will be implemented fast

Seriously, what did people expect? Kunos has never developed for console before, it's their first venture in console land. Yes, there will be issues, there will be major issues even. And yes, they will be fixed (most of them anyway), and yes it will take a lot longer than people are used to on PC (no five patches in a week on console). And the console crowd is harder to please than the PC crowd because they just expect things to work out of the box and they have no workarounds like we have on PC, so they rely on developers to fix issues. No modding your way out.

And yes, not having private lobbies is a HUGE issue for any serious racing game. Then again, Kunos wouldn't have taken it out if it was working properly. All they can (and will) do now is patch, patch, patch and then patch some more.

And it's not like nobody here has predicted or warned that this would happen...

Seriously, what did people expect? Kunos has never developed for console before, it's their first venture in console land. Yes, there will be issues, there will be major issues even. And yes, they will be fixed (most of them anyway), and yes it will take a lot longer than people are used to on PC (no five patches in a week on console). And the console crowd is harder to please than the PC crowd because they just expect things to work out of the box and they have no workarounds like we have on PC, so they rely on developers to fix issues. No modding your way out.

And yes, not having private lobbies is a HUGE issue for any serious racing game. Then again, Kunos wouldn't have taken it out if it was working properly. All they can (and will) do now is patch, patch, patch and then patch some more.

Yes, ok,on PC they did a great yob! No doubt about that.
The console version started his development in 2014 with a normal game company (505Games) that have experience on console games... So releasing a game without private online lobbies... Isn't a realy good selling marketing for the majority of console users that don't now basically nothing about AC.

Hopefully they patches and add this option very soon.

Assetto Bugissimo :sly:
delete

Good chance they will add this afterwards. PCARS was patched and improved for half a year but i'm quite sure Kunos will go much longer with AC.

The console version started his development in 2014 with a normal game company (505Games) that have experience on console games...
Publisher is not the same as developer. They have nothing to do with the code.

The console version started his development in 2014
PCARS took twice as long and still had major, major issues when releasing on consoles, especially on Xbox 1. All I can say is that a small amount of development machines will not catch all the issues that will occur on millions of consumer machines. (And yes, there are subtle differences between the two).

PCARS was patched and improved for half a year and i'm quite sure Kunos will go much longer with AC.
Indeed. 👍 There will be issues, and they will be fixed. Anyone thinking this would be a smooth sail/no problem launch was a bit naive IMO.

Yep, it's an issue, a big one. But just because it's not there at launch doesn't mean it will never be added, I don't understand why people keep thinking that the game will stay in the same state as when it was released. GT6 didn't have online or triple-monitor capabilities included at launch but they were eventually added and the world did not end. Kunos have been putting a lot of effort into improving multiplayer recently so I would guess they know the importance of having private lobbies and will get it added when they can (that's just an educated guess though). They're not like other devs, they won't throw something in just for the sake of including it if it doesn't work the way they want it too. Hopefully it will be added sooner than later, in the meantime online play is still available and there's plenty of offline stuff to do. If they never add it that will certainly be a head-scratcher and not the best choice.

I would anticipate this being a long journey, it will probably launch with stuff they know is working solidly and continue to add more things as they get the kinks worked out. That's the way it's been on the PC. I can't even count all the things that have been added or improved in the last year, the game is always evolving and the team actually listens to the (civilized) fans and tries their best to included what they want. If you expect the game to be perfect and feature-full at launch it may be best to check back in six months to see where things are at. For those with patience who want to enjoy what's on offer while other things are being developed and added, jump in with both feet and enjoy yourself.

I'll never know why some folks can't just admit when something is wrong. I love loads of things but i can do a list of things I don't like about the things I love as well (you should see the list about my wife!).
AC I'm sure is going to be nothing short of stunning, but I can say that in my opinion the lack of custom championships is annoying and countless games have had custom championships and I will always be skeptical this generation that its left out due to the old inevitable sequel....

@Donnced you 100% correct and if it is that important to you then AC on launch is not for you, with a little luck it will be implemented later and then it will be something nice for you to use. As opposed to what the people who are very present on SIM racing forums think, like GT Planet, or other like it, the vast majority of player have very little interest in MP and public server is all they are interested in.
the needs of the many overcome the needs of the few, live long and prosper.:)

GT6 didn't have online or triple-monitor capabilities included at launch but they were eventually added and the world did not end.

Here i have to disagree mate..
In GT6 from day one, once you get the minimum level in offline career the online mode was unlocked and You could make public and private lobby's since the first day.

The triple monitor, online community and quick online race yes did come after launch in a update.

Sure AC on console will have private online lobbies in certain moment, but that is something that should be in the game from launch..

I would anticipate this being a long journey, it will probably launch with stuff they know is working solidly and continue to add more things as they get the kinks worked out. That's the way it's been on the PC. I can't even count all the things that have been added or improved in the last year, the game is always evolving and the team actually listens to the (civilized) fans and tries their best to included what they want. If you expect the game to be perfect and feature-full at launch it may be best to check back in six months to see where things are at. For those with patience who want to enjoy what's on offer while other things are being developed and added, jump in with both feet and enjoy yourself.
This pretty much sums it up. The release is not the end, it's the beginning. And contrary to certain other companies, Kunos' track record is pretty good (you can see for yourself), so I wouldn't worry too much about stuff that's broken or missing on release.

And if you're really unsure you can always wait a few weeks/months and then get it, there's no rush.

I'll never know why some folks can't just admit when something is wrong. I love loads of things but i can do a list of things I don't like about the things I love as well (you should see the list about my wife!).
AC I'm sure is going to be nothing short of stunning, but I can say that in my opinion the lack of custom championships is annoying and countless games have had custom championships and I will always be skeptical this generation that its left out due to the old inevitable sequel....

Here's a list of things I think are "wrong" with AC:

No 24 hour time cycle
No rain
No functional flag system
No parade laps
No cool down lap
No safety car
No driver swaps
Lame physical damage model
No random mechanical failures
No grid options (manually setting the grid, reverse grid, etc.)
No rolling start
Can't choose your livery online in Pick-Up mode
Can't save a replay from inside the server
Can't change the track or race settings from inside the server

Probably a lot more than that but that's what I could come up with off the top of my head. I wouldn't even say I love AC, but for some reason I always go to it over the likes of rF2, AMS, R3E, and iRacing.

About custom championships, for a while Stefano said it wouldn't happen but people kept asking and asking so he finally decided to try to tackle it and apparently has had some luck. He seemed fairly confident it would be included in the not-too-distant future but he just started working on it recently so it may take a month or two to iron out the bugs, and he's probably going to have his hands full squishing console bugs for the next couple months. Remember, one guy does all the coding so things don't always happen as fast as we'd like them to, but good things come to those who wait.

Here i have to disagree mate..
In GT6 from day one, once you get the minimum level in offline career the online mode was unlocked and You could make public and private lobby's since the first day.

The triple monitor, online community and quick online race yes did come after launch in a update.

Sure AC on console will have private online lobbies in certain moment, but that is something that should be in the game from launch..

Thanks for the clarification, it's been a while so I didn't remember the details but I knew some features weren't available at launch so the point remains valid. The Clubs feature took almost a year to get added, the course maker took nearly two years, and the GPS app that would allow you to drive/make your own course never happened (that I know of). So, yeah, it sucked (and I was probably a vocal complainer) but everything worked out eventually.

I agree, ideally private lobbies should be included at launch and I'm sure if they could have made it work to their liking it would have been included. After the PCars fiasco they're probably being very cautious, they'd probably receive much more flack for releasing a broken feature than delaying a working feature, but they're going to get flack either way.

Last edited:
TeamVVV have released new footage, which shows the Nordschleife on PS4. I could be wrong, but it appears that the framerate drops halfway through that race

@Donnced you 100% correct and if it is that important to you then AC on launch is not for you, with a little luck it will be implemented later and then it will be something nice for you to use. As opposed to what the people who are very present on SIM racing forums think, like GT Planet, or other like it, the vast majority of player have very little interest in MP and public server is all they are interested in.
the needs of the many overcome the needs of the few, live long and prosper.:)

It's important to me and lot of people.
I got the prestige edition preorder since months... And Friday i will go for my copy.
I also now that the physics and FFB are on top and will enjoy it a lot in offline career, hotlaping and more...

But we are also a big amount of persons who was waiting to switch on AC form Pcars, cause the online of Pcars and his replays are full of bugs in PS4..and continue our racing leagues on AC..
It's an important feature ho should be in the game from day one..

TeamVVV have released new footage, which shows the Nordschleife on PS4. I could be wrong, but it appears that the framerate drops halfway through that race

Let's see! Although as mentioned about the D1P has appearently helped the framerate at Nords. :)

Last edited:
Day One Patch is out, and it fixed some frame rate issues at Nordschleife + GP, it also added exhaust flames as you can see in the gif I made quickly.

There is no Black Cat County yet tho. Something advertised in the latest trailer. So I'm curious why they are holding it back.[/QUOT]

Are you having a laugh day 1 patch already the game isn't officially out yet:scared:

Are you having a laugh day 1 patch already the game isn't officially out yet:scared:

Don't think so, I've seen other people mention it's out too. They probably just want to make sure it's ready and deployed whenever people start getting their copies so they have it released a couple days early.

Back