Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Just know that you won't be able to do your usual tuning of adding/removing parts to hit a particular spec. Depending on the car you can adjust what's already there but you can't add/remove anything.
This is something I really hope players new to sims understand. Tuning on most street cars is very limited. 1 to 3 tire compounds usually + toe, camber and tire pressure covers much of the tuning. There are no LSD's to add or adjust, no engines to upgrade or tune, no damper/spring adjustment's, no cosmetic parts to add etc.

I suspect there will be some butthurtedness on the part of some after launch:lol:

Last edited:
Technically, you can do a lot of car "tuning" on the PC version if you don't mind being a bad boy. Otherwise you guys are correct, you're only going to be able to adjust things that the real life version allows you to adjust. Console players need to stop thinking of Assetto Corsa as some kind of comparison to Gran Turismo or Forza. It's serves a completely different purpose.

MLB The Show has home run derby, Road to the Show, Team Management mode, etc...etc... What if someone came out with a game called 'MLB 2016' and all you could do is pick a team and play a full season as that team, or play single games with any team you choose, but standings and stats aren't necessarily kept. Now, what if that game MLB 2016 was somehow superior in pitching, hitting and fielding compared to MLB The Show?

Would it not be worth playing because it doesn't do all that extra stuff MLB The Show offers? For some people, absolutely! If all you're interested in is playing the best possible baseball you can - nothing else - you'll probably enjoy that MLB 2016 game instead, because the actual experience of playing baseball is better.

Frankly, if you own a PS4 you should probably own GTS and Assetto Corsa. They serve two completely different purposes.

I'm not so sure where GTS fits in anymore. Before you could say it would complement AC nicely due to the gamey aspect of buying and unlocking cars, and upgrading/ customizing them under the classic GT formula. Now with GTS it's all based on online competition which you can also do in AC (or any other game for that matter).

I really think PD shot themselves in the foot by not continuing and improving their existing formula, but turning GT academy into a full blown game which only appeals to a very particular crowd.

You can have great online races in any other racing game, so what is the edge that GTS still has to be able to complement proper sims?

I'

You can have great online races in any other racing game, so what is the edge that GTS still has to be able to complement proper sims?

hardcore photo mod, with the new scapes? haha, in ll seriousness, i wonder the same. what happens when a bunch of the people dont care about their rating and will just race sloppy as if it was any other game?

hardcore photo mod, with the new scapes? haha, in ll seriousness, i wonder the same. what happens when a bunch of the people dont care about their rating and will just race sloppy as if it was any other game?
They will get tired of it very quickly.

I'm willing to bet this will be the final nail in the coffin for a series that has been in decline for the past 6 years already.

They will get tired of it very quickly.

I'm willing to bet this will be the final nail in the coffin for a series that has been in decline for the past 6 years already.
I hope not. More racing games on the market = more competition for each studio = more development by studios to try and stay ahead of the competition. Plus it helps keep prices in check.

Two months ago I would have said that Assetto Corsa's AI was so awful that even single player mode is nothing to brag about. Don't get me wrong, AC still has a ways to go with their AI before it's considered totally awesome, but it's pretty darn good in its current state. If you set the difficulty percentage correctly, you're going to have a hard time beating the AI in a race, with a full grid.

I hope not. More racing games on the market = more competition for each studio = more development by studios to try and stay ahead of the competition. Plus it helps keep prices in check.
That's another factor, as before PD simply didn't have that kind of competition on their territory. So steady decline in quality and focus + more competition to deal with nowadays = troubles.

Yup first thing you need to do on street cars is change from semi slicks to street tyres and turn TC off :P
Setup tweaking is quite realistic and very engaging. My go to testing track is Tsukuba also by the way 👍

I never run assists in car games :) I already know what to expect regarding tuning, I played LFS for years, as well as Nascar games like NR2003, and the old ones like GP3 by Geoff Crammond :) Is Tsukuba in AC ? I thought it was only available as mod ? I saw an AC Tsukuba track mod once, in a video posted by someone, it was horrendously inaccurate though ( only the layout is decent, but the cambered turns, the elevation were not good )

Just know that you won't be able to do your usual tuning of adding/removing parts to hit a particular spec. Depending on the car you can adjust what's already there but you can't add/remove anything.

I know :( I wished I could spend lots more for PC, so I can do modification on official cars if necessary ( correcting the JDM cars power, weight/distribution, springs and LSD for example :P ). At least the available tuning on console should still allows changing the car handling characteristics.

One question, anyone know if console will support clutch button usage on DS4 ? I really wanted clutch feature for ages, the last game that utilized it properly was D1GP in PS2.

Technically, you can do a lot of car "tuning" on the PC version if you don't mind being a bad boy. Otherwise you guys are correct, you're only going to be able to adjust things that the real life version allows you to adjust.

In real life, the limit is yourself, not the car. You can install tuned ECU even on cars like Ferraris or Lambos, you can fit supercharger/turbocharger, you can fit any tire you want when on track day ( from street to slick with different sizes and compound ), you can change swaybar sizes/adjust them ( some cars allow adjustment from factory ), you can change the springs+damper ( alter ride height, on some supercars with lift kit or adjustable height system - Aventador allows this ), damper adjustment also possible from factory on some sports car, you can add chassis brace, roll cage, you can change the LSD, you can change final drive, you can put better air filter ( intake ), you can change exhaust system, you can change drive mode on cars with multiple ESP profile ( like Aventador SV - Strada, Corsa modes ) or completely disables the ESP.

Does the JDM cars have their speed limiter ? Most JDM cars like R34 GTR, RX7 Spirit R have 180kmh limiter from factory, if wanted authenticity of being restricted to what the real car can do ( fresh from dealership )

Anyway, that just me ranting :lol: I just don't like people saying that a sim has to be rigid in tuning possibility to separate them from the mainstream console games that allow more freedom, for the sake of being 'sim'

When I was back in Sydney, almost all the imports I have driven have mods on them, from electronics gizmo like boost controller, turbo timer to HICAS controller, cold air intake, exhaust, intercooler, turbos, suspension, strut bars, chassis brace, wheels, semi slick tires, to BOV with distinct sounds. Very rarely they stay stock :lol:, even Toyota Crown have coilovers.

Last edited:
When I was back in Sydney, almost all the imports I have driven have mods on them, from electronics gizmo like boost controller, turbo timer to HICAS controller, cold air intake, exhaust, intercooler, turbos, suspension, strut bars, chassis brace, wheels, semi slick tires, to BOV with distinct sounds. Very rarely they stay stock :lol:, even Toyota Crown have coilovers.

But if this is included in a sim then they should also breakdown every second lap just like in real life ;p

this was insignificant crap a long, long time ago

Then why do we (the people not involved in this) have to go through it? Please can we remain on the topic, which is AC on console, not your infraction from many years ago? (If you keep on banging on about it here, you'll get in trouble anyway...)

I agree with the argument that because of their history, GT and AC do deserve to be treated differently.

AC is about the driving, nobody can argue with this, even those who haven't played it yet. And we can say that because of those who have played a released, finished version of it (save for the possible console bugs, admittedly).

GT has lost us when a decent enough driving experience was ruined by the 'chase the rabbit' format on one side and network issues on the other.

I would love GTS to be the giant step forward it claims to be (at least to justify on the short term the purchase of PSVR) but like many others I'm sure, it will be the first GT that I won't buy on day one.

So, sorry for giving AC some slack and for being excited about it, and for looking for flaws in the footage of GTS.

All I want is the REAL driving simulator...

I agree with the argument that because of their history, GT and AC do deserve to be treated differently.

No, they don't, there is no logical reason for it. If you are buying a vacuum do you compare the price and features and decide based on that? Or do you look at the history of each company, analyze all their employees have said and compare features of previous models to determine if the current product is good enough or not? Its totally crazy when applied to anything else but for some reason it's acceptable in games.

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me how quotes from interviews or features of previous games alter the code that comes on a new game disc. Because if it doesnt then its not relevant at all. Judge the game based on the game, not quotes or features of games that came before it.

i will take ai pretty damn good ai of AC. i cant think of many games that have good, let alone pretty damn good ai! xD

I am not sure but are you saying the AI in AC is good? Its really poor. With the current 1.7 release the AI can't even pass a slow car, hell they can't even pass a stopped car. I pulled over at the side of the track to adjust some settings and saw cars come to a stop behind me then quit the race because they couldnt pass. And the other night I did a two lap ring race with a mixed random grid of street cars. The whole grid split into three groups with long single file trains of cars all behind 500Rs (the slowest car in AC, not even audi R8s could pass on sections of track where 4 cars can fit). It was amusing for sure but did not result in a fun race.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, if I bought a vacuum from brand A and it was absolute rubbish, when I want a new one, if all my mates are saying that brand B makes a great vacuum and they're loving theirs (although they live in a different country so the plugs are different and you never know if you will get exactly the same product...), I think I might just skip buying A again, and go for B instead...

Like it or not, it's the way things are now. In my opinion you should definitely pre-order, I'm pretty confident that AC will not be another PCars fiasco and those who decided to wait will regret it. You're likely going to get the game at some point anyway, why deprive yourself of some free cars?

Just wanted to respond to this bit of your post mate. Why should people pre-order? Just to get a handful of "free" cars? Considering AC has had more than it's fair share of issues on PC, and is being published by a less than stellar publisher (that's being very kind to 505), why should we (console owners) be confident that the port will be relatively issue-free? I really hope it is, as I really want AC, and it looks bloody cool, but let's be realistic, it's likely to have at least some small teething issues.

But ok, let's imagine it releases and is perfectly bug-free. Why then, would anyone actually regret not pre-ordering it? A game like AC, aimed squarely at a tiny niche market, being a quite feature thin racing sim, is not going to be selling at full price for long. I'd be willing to bet that if I waited two months to buy it, I could pick it up for around half price. Less if I pick up a pre-owned copy. At that point, I could easily buy the DLC to get the pre-order bonus cars, and I've still spent way less than I would have to pre-order it. I also get two full months to get a wide variety of impressions and reviews, and to see if it lives up to the hype on console.

It's not like I'd be missing out in any major way by getting the game a couple of months after someone who pre-orders, because on PS4 and XB1 there are already more than enough excellent racing titles to keep any racing enthusiast going, even if they have no life and spend all day gaming.

Regardless, I'm very much looking forward to AC, and I sincerely hope it releases in a far better state than Pcars did, but GT5 and 6 taught me not to pre-order games, and Pcars reminded me why I don't. I've only paid full price for 4 of my PS4 games, and that's out of a library of over 50 (56 I think currently), and I'm a far happier gamer that way (the Mrs is also much happier lol).

I just remembered that I have Sniper Elite 3 also published by 505 Games, I got it for cheap after about a month of release. It has some issues, but the devs updated the game with patches ( Rebellion ). This was on multi console release to PS4/Xbone/PS3/PC. I have PS3 version btw, the DLC are pretty expensive though for missions that don't play for a long time ( IMO ). I also doubt AC console port would be free from any issues once many people played it, but looking at Kunos, they will release patches quickly ( hopefully no monthly like Pcars - if I remember right ), the game is not like PCars with lack of proper testing, and heavy physics feature like dynamic weather and SETA tire model, etc, etc.

Just wanted to respond to this bit of your post mate. Why should people pre-order? Just to get a handful of "free" cars? Considering AC has had more than it's fair share of issues on PC, and is being published by a less than stellar publisher (that's being very kind to 505), why should we (console owners) be confident that the port will be relatively issue-free? I really hope it is, as I really want AC, and it looks bloody cool, but let's be realistic, it's likely to have at least some small teething issues.

But ok, let's imagine it releases and is perfectly bug-free. Why then, would anyone actually regret not pre-ordering it? A game like AC, aimed squarely at a tiny niche market, being a quite feature thin racing sim, is not going to be selling at full price for long. I'd be willing to bet that if I waited two months to buy it, I could pick it up for around half price. Less if I pick up a pre-owned copy. At that point, I could easily buy the DLC to get the pre-order bonus cars, and I've still spent way less than I would have to pre-order it. I also get two full months to get a wide variety of impressions and reviews, and to see if it lives up to the hype on console.

It's not like I'd be missing out in any major way by getting the game a couple of months after someone who pre-orders, because on PS4 and XB1 there are already more than enough excellent racing titles to keep any racing enthusiast going, even if they have no life and spend all day gaming.

Regardless, I'm very much looking forward to AC, and I sincerely hope it releases in a far better state than Pcars did, but GT5 and 6 taught me not to pre-order games, and Pcars reminded me why I don't. I've only paid full price for 4 of my PS4 games, and that's out of a library of over 50 (56 I think currently), and I'm a far happier gamer that way (the Mrs is also much happier lol).

She have to be much happier :P The game prices in Australia is so high :(

How is this game compared to rFactor 2, PCars, and Race 07?

If you are talking about physics, add LFS as well. I keen to know anyone who played LFS, Rfactor to give impression on how AC compare in physics ( not just FFB which won't matter for me as I may only use DS4 )

If you are talking about physics, add LFS as well. I keen to know anyone who played LFS, Rfactor to give impression on how AC compare in physics ( not just FFB which won't matter for me as I may only use DS4 )
In entirety. I like PCars but sadly no mods to put on like what rFactor used to.

I never run assists in car games :) .
AC offers two types of "assists":
1. Artificial aids which are intended to help beginners to drive these cars (similar to what games like Gran Turismo offer).
2. Simulation of the actual driving aids which come with these cars in real life (ESP, TC, ABS). The game allows you to adjust different settings just like the real car (e.g. 3 modes of TC on the Ferrari 458). This is the "factory" setting.

I assume none of us will use the artificial assists, but the factory ones are a valid choice. Personally I don't use factory TC simply because it's more fun not to, but I do use factory ABS since it is only available on cars which have it in real life and all drivers of these cars in real life will be using it.

I never run assists in car games :) I already know what to expect regarding tuning, I played LFS for years, as well as Nascar games like NR2003, and the old ones like GP3 by Geoff Crammond :) Is Tsukuba in AC ? I thought it was only available as mod ? I saw an AC Tsukuba track mod once, in a video posted by someone, it was horrendously inaccurate though ( only the layout is decent, but the cambered turns, the elevation were not good )
It's Tiago Lima's mod which he finalized a few months ago. Can't tell or feel the difference between it and the one in GT5 or FM4, so to me it seems pretty accurate:

I never pre order anything neither, but in your case you'll know pretty quickly if there would be teething issues after spending a day or 2 on GTP, and then i think it will be difficult for you to hold out for another 2 months should everyone be writing down how much they love the experience :P

But let's wait and see.

It's Tiago Lima's mod which he finalized a few months ago. Can't tell or feel the difference between it and the one in GT5 or FM4, so to me it seems pretty accurate:

I never pre order anything neither, but in your case you'll know pretty quickly if there would be teething issues after spending a day or 2 on GTP, and then i think it will be difficult for you to hold out for another 2 months should everyone be writing down how much they love the experience :P

But let's wait and see.

I'm on holiday when the game releases so am looking forward to day one guys' initial thoughts and feedback for sure.

It'll (hopefully) be waiting in my porch when I get home.

AC offers two types of "assists":
1. Artificial aids which are intended to help beginners to drive these cars (similar to what games like Gran Turismo offer).
2. Simulation of the actual driving aids which come with these cars in real life (ESP, TC, ABS). The game allows you to adjust different settings just like the real car (e.g. 3 modes of TC on the Ferrari 458). This is the "factory" setting.

I assume none of us will use the artificial assists, but the factory ones are a valid choice. Personally I don't use factory TC simply because it's more fun not to, but I do use factory ABS since it is only available on cars which have it in real life and all drivers of these cars in real life will be using it.

Not a fan of assists in any kind :P Does AC simulate EBD system ?

But let's wait and see.

Interesting user name :P From what I can see it's similar to the old videos I was shown. I don't have PC, so it's unlikely I can try it or do better comparison, but from what I see visually, comparing to my many hours of Tsukuba videos - trackside and onboard interior cam which I have collection of BM best laps ( BM and Hot Version ), it's still looks weird to me ( every turn still looks off, the sudden elevation on 1st turn - the car reaction when going up then drops from trackside view is good spot, both hairpin camber, the dunlop esses looks exit curve and last turn curve ) The tracks also seems too wide when on replay, or the car looks smaller :confused:. Still very much the same as what johnnypenso showed me. The only way to do it laser scan of Tsukuba :P

I think what he meant was , should as in do yourself a favor, not should as in you owe it to someone.

Tiago doesn't have the funds for laser scanning I'm afraid :P

The FOV in that video is a bit weird too, makes the corners look different than when you actually play the mod.

You should buy a PC though if you're fanatic about racing Sims and tweaking setups. :) Paid 700 bucks for mine, you'll never look back.

Tiago doesn't have the funds for laser scanning I'm afraid :P

The FOV in that video is a bit weird too, makes the corners look different than when you actually play the mod.

You should buy a PC though if you're fanatic about racing Sims and tweaking setups. :) Paid 700 bucks for mine, you'll never look back.

The replay is the most stand out, try to look for best motoring videos on youtube, the races trackside cameras, you can easily compare how the elevation/camber changes on the various corners ( the 1st turn should be easily noticed )

For what he did, Tiago did a great job :) the quality is not far off to old PS2 games ( not GT4 ) that have Tsukuba.

For PC, I can't afford that much now, unless I can get my aunt computer for free and upgrade it :lol:

Latest Posts

Back