Assetto Corsa Competizione 2023 GT World Challenge DLC Available April 19, Adds Circuit Ricardo Tormo

• Thread starter Famine
  • 80 comments

The wait is finally over!

The 2023 GT World Challenge DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione is now LIVE.

Experience the flow of the Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia along with three new cars:

• Ferrari 296 GT3
• Porsche 911 GT3 R (992)
• Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo2

Load up Steam, get the DLC, download the update and get on track!

Also coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S later in 2023

Update 1.9.0

GENERAL:

• Added Circuit Valencia Ricardo Tormo as DLC content.
  • Added new Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO2 as DLC content.
  • Added new Ferrari 296 GT3 as DLC content.
  • Added new Porsche 911 (992) GT3 R as DLC content.
  • Added a batch of new liveries for the 2023 GTWCH season.

GAMEPLAY/UI:

• Added controller preset for Moza steering wheels.
  • Added support for new DLC track content in custom championship (via Open Series).
  • Fixed track selection not respecting user-defined order in Open Series championship mode.
  • Adjusted AI skill level for a number of gold and platinum-ranked drivers.

GRAPHICS:

- Fixed an issue with certain cars receiving an incorrect visual offset in their pitstop position.

PHYSICS:

• Updated Mercedes AMG GT3 EVO with latest advancements, features, and more.
  • BOP work
  • Improved tyre model
  • Improved tyre flex
  • Improved tyre heat generation
  • Improved tyre rolling resistance simulation
  • Improved tyre footprint simulation
  • Wider tyre pressure range (slicks 26-27psi)
  • Wider tyre temperature range (slicks 70°C-100°C)
  • Improved bumpstops simulation
  • Improved suspension end of travel simulation
  • Improved dampers simulation
  • Improved electronics logic (TC1, TC2, ABS)
  • New variable engine braking simulation (Huracan EVO2)
  • Improved aeromap simulation on yaw and roll.

Last edited:
Well, that's Christmas and pretty much be able to play out the '23 season after seeing the results for the real races. I'm fine with that.

I did about 5 laps in each of the new cars on the new track last night. The Lambo was the same old Lambo IMO. I really liked the Porsche and Ferrari though. Playing on my DD1, I noticed the FFB to be much smoother and more detailed. I did have to increase it though because it seemed to be a bit weaker. I didn't notice any performance increase from a visual or VR standpoint.

The physics feel a lot better compared to 1.8. I have a way better feel of what the tires are doing.

Happy with the new cars as well. The Porsche felt a lot more stable compared to the older versions. I seemed to enjoy the Ferrari the most. And I also agree that the new Lambo felt the same as the older one.

ACC might finally be back in my regular rotation!

The physics feel a lot better compared to 1.8. I have a way better feel of what the tires are doing.

Happy with the new cars as well. The Porsche felt a lot more stable compared to the older versions. I seemed to enjoy the Ferrari the most. And I also agree that the new Lambo felt the same as the older one.

ACC might finally be back in my regular rotation!
The Ferrari is fantastic. Not sure how they managed to have such a wide view through the windscreen without any blind spots. It's like you're driving a space ship.

My Dream is to play this game in PSVR2.

Properly won't happend, but man that would be the greatest thing to ever have on my PSVR :-)
I'd love to be optimistic about this and say it's gonna happen, but chances are it won't. The game is very poorly optimized for VR. I struggled with my 3090 to make it look "acceptable" when comparing it to PC2, AMS2 or AC on my Valve Index. Even upgrading to a 4090, I still have to use foveated rendering to get over 90fps.

Yeah realisticly I doub't it too. Although we never know what happens. I remember getting the first AC on Console, and afterwards ACC was also kind off unthinkable before it happened.

But yeah these games are old now, and they are getting near a time when they will focus more and more on AC2.

I just hope that at least for AC2 it will support PSR2.

I actually think it will sell a lot more copy's if it does, its my impression that GT7 has had kind off a revival after the PSVR2 launch, when people find out how good it actually is. It seems there are many people who are not really into racing games, that are starting to become addicted after they got their hands on PSVR2.

For my self I did not play GT7 for like several month, but now after I have PSVR2 I play daily, and often for much longer periods of time than I ever did before. Its just crazy how fun the game is with PSVR2 :-)

I'd love to be optimistic about this and say it's gonna happen, but chances are it won't. The game is very poorly optimized for VR. I struggled with my 3090 to make it look "acceptable" when comparing it to PC2, AMS2 or AC on my Valve Index. Even upgrading to a 4090, I still have to use foveated rendering to get over 90fps.
I also have a 4090/13900. Using it with a HP Reverb G2, I use a mix of ultra, high and medium settings and it looks amazing locked at 90 fps. Don't have to use open xr either.

I also have a 4090/13900. Using it with a HP Reverb G2, I use a mix of ultra, high and medium settings and it looks amazing locked at 90 fps. Don't have to use open xr either.
Is that will a full grid? I have 3 different video settings for my races. Hot lap, full grid and full grid night. All of them are using a mild FFR with open xr. It still looks amazing IMO. When I'm not using it, I get micro stutters occasionally and it bothers me.

Is that will a full grid? I have 3 different video settings for my races. Hot lap, full grid and full grid night. All of them are using a mild FFR with open xr. It still looks amazing IMO. When I'm not using it, I get micro stutters occasionally and it bothers me.
Yeah, full grid also.

Seems like there's definitely something wrong with the way they port their games. I've never seen games need so much time for simple updates and DLCs. Seems like warframe has the same issue which is why it still doesn't have crossplay either. Especially with a game like ACC, crossplay is necessary. The communities on the consoles can't be that big but if you combine them it should be much better.

I think GT4 is probably done with adds. No Supra, no BMW M4 and no McLaren Artura.
Just saying those, especially the Mustang( as that was a 2017 model), were from GT4 in 2019. I forget the reason why the Mustang isn’t in the British GT pack.

Screenshot_255.jpg

Back