Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,177 comments
Really hoping the next gen update turns out good, only played 30 hours of this and I bought it on console release date.

I may even not get GT7 at launch if this update is good, which will be a first for a GT game for me.

Not long to wait at least.

It may be a niche game within a niche genre, but it does it so well even with its niggles, it's a fantastic sim.
I don't know why you'd want other cars that don't fall in the SRO category.
You don't see F1 gamers asking for other cars that don't fit the series.

The problem with specific series racing games is that it is going to cost you a ton of money to get a variety. At that point iracing is a better deal.
Are you for real? To get a variety of tracks and cars you have to spend an inordinate amount of money to get it in iRacing
ACC is specific by design, and does it extremely well

Are you for real? To get a variety of tracks and cars you have to spend an inordinate amount of money to get it in iRacing
ACC is specific by design, and does it extremely well
I think it was Jimmy Broadbent that said it costs about 3k to get all of Iracings content. Anyway I'm not sure what people dont understand about racing series games, it's quite baffling. How hard is it to understand not everyone wants a GT or forza type game, many people also want both options. What I want to know is why I cant race quads on MotoGP 2021.

Last edited:
Still no news at all on newgen update?
It be good to know it matches the top pc version in all aspects.
Even if it seems it will be based off the console version sadly.

If the next-gen version gets the same physics as PC, that could be a problem. It’s been a topic of debate, but personally the new physics make ACC borderline unplayable. The amount of steering input you have to put in now really take the fun out of it.

As for the comparison to iRacing: I get that the pricing model isn’t ideal, but you definitely don’t have to buy all of the content to enjoy it. If you know what you’re looking for you can have a good amount of content for under $100. What makes me lean towards iRacing is I can be in a race in 15 minutes, whereas on ACC you’re pretty much stuck with league racing and CP server races.

Looks great, sounds great. Will the rolling starts be great? Will I actually be able to start a race at Laguna Seca?
And on the downside I only get to play for 3 days until Elden Ring consumes me! First world problems indeed.

Hopefully the stuttering is completely fixed. The ps4 version on backwards compatible does this quite a bit, mainly during dusk and dawn.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic. Can’t wait to get my CaRPG fill with GT7, can’t wait to get back to ACC for some actual racing.

What a time to be into racing games!
I just got into racing games and banged out all the GTS challenges, now I'm in love with Dirt Rally 2.0, GT7 is around the corner and ACC there waiting for me when I'm ready... I've played games for over 20 years but feels like I've found a new hobby.

Glad it seems nice, also options for seat positions and fov.

Free upgrade to new gen too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203-161908_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220203-161908_YouTube.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 12
I can't understand why so many cars on so many tracks look like they're floating above the tarmac in ACC.

I've only played it on PC so far, but here we see it, most-obviously at 2:28. Look at the right-rear tyre. Not exactly what you'd expect from the next (or even several previous) generations.

I mean, wha...? :confused:

Last edited:
I can't understand why so many cars on so many tracks look like they're floating above the tarmac in ACC.

I've only played it on PC so far, but here we see it, most-obviously at 2:28. Look at the right-rear tyre. Not exactly what you'd expect from the next (or even several previous) generations.

There is a graphics setting on PC that causes that when you turn it off. Can't remember which one but it really helps with performance but also gives that floating effect. I remember I did the same thing to help performance in VR.

It happens on console quite a lot, on some tracks more than others. I don't get it either.

There is a graphics setting on PC that causes that when you turn it off. Can't remember which one but it really helps with performance but also gives that floating effect. I remember I did the same thing to help performance in VR.
Yeah, I think it's a shadow setting; I've noticed that.

This is a PS5 "Exclusive" gameplay preview 'though. That's what makes it ridiculous to me. I mean, if that's the best they can do...

This looks promising! Cant wait.

Haven't played it in so long I forgot how good the sound are.

A bit annoying that it is releasing so close to GT7, I don't have that much free time lol
Yes, the sounds are very good.

That is luxury problem to have right? :)

I have to switch between Horizon 5, Grid Legends and ACC around the end of this month...

Back