Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,177 comments
It is just an update if you already own the PS4 version surely?
It's a bit of a grey area but a proper next gen update changes the app from PS4 to PS5 in the console description, so is more substantial than just better performance via backwards compatibility. Titles such as R6 Siege have also done this, making them a "proper" PS5 title, and as such should then benefit from faster load times and resolutions not capable on PS4.

It's a bit of a grey area but a proper next gen update changes the app from PS4 to PS5 in the console description, so is more substantial than just better performance via backwards compatibility. Titles such as R6 Siege have also done this, making them a "proper" PS5 title, and as such should then benefit from faster load times and resolutions not capable on PS4.
That's cool, as I expected. phew 😅

The word used was 'trade in' so I thought I may have missed something! All good though.

Roll on the 24th (or 22nd):cheers:

It looks amazing. Can’t wait to play it for a little more than a week. Because GT7 launches so soon!

I always smile at these gameplay snippets as it seems so easy, but Assetto Corsa is anything but easy. I really like how technical the driving is in this game.

But then again, GT7 is coming out real soon.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Assetto Corsa Competizione First Next-Gen Console Gameplay, Launches February 22

Kunos Simulazioni has release the first official gameplay footage of its “next-gen” version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, and a little extra good news for players who just can’t wait: it will release the title early!

Private lobbies will be exclusive for consoles.

On old Gen there was private lobbies trough paying private servers on websites like gportal, where you could configurate your server .
Just as it is on PC.

So at least next Gen console get a online feature that isn't on PC version.
But big question remains ....will they update the old Gen consoles versions? Will there be crossplay between old and new gen?

For the rest, next Gen version is mounted upto the existing Old gen version base from D3T.
Hopefully Untold games could iron out all bugs and issues of that code.

There showcasing the game with the video, indicating it was captured on PS5, but the YouTube video best quality is only 1080p60

Hello! I will finally download it on my PS5!
One question: among the existing DLCs, which one do you suggest the most?
The GT4 DLC. Gives you a whole other class of cars to play with and they drive very differently than the GT3s.

30-player online lobbies

This is why I went ahead and jumped on a Series X now instead of waiting until Gamestop got them so I could trade in the One X. What is that camera view in that first sequence? Looks like it's got some motion in it.

Hello! I will finally download it on my PS5!
One question: among the existing DLCs, which one do you suggest the most?
They might go on sale when the current gen update arrives.

Last edited:
Some of them might go on sale when the current gen update arrives.
I hope so! I would like to grab them all, but the 4 combined make a total of 57€ in front of the 14,99€ I paid for the base game, and there’s no season pass either… I smell iRacing behavior in here… 😂

"There is also a good chance the PlayStation 5 port of Assetto Corsa Competizione will also support PS VR2, especially as the PC version already supports VR headsets like the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive." https://racinggames.gg/news/playsta...ing-games-as-new-technical-details-confirmed/

I have no idea if there is any truth to this or not. It's probably pure speculation (with a healthy serving of wishful thinking). But I really hope GT7 and ACC end up with VR support. It's what I miss the most since moving to PS5 from the PC. Given that the PS5 runs games at better quality than my RTX 2060 I am sure it's more than possible technically. If PSVR2 ends up being as limited in racing games as PSVR1 was I might have to seriously consider another big investment and go back to PC. I hope not. Console is so much easier and more stable. ACC, GT and WRC are pretty much all I play racing-wise and I now pretty much only set up the PC for the odd RBR session.

Any info on the physics update?
Nothing confirmed yet but it is assumed that the next-gen version will be 1.8.

Last edited:
Not a good idea for two reasons: not many next gen. console sold e in one month we will have Gt7 and Grid Legend, they won't sell many ACC games.

Not a good idea for two reasons: not many next gen. console sold e in one month we will have Gt7 and Grid Legend, they won't sell many ACC games.
I don't agree with this. There are quite a few next gen consoles that have been sold. GT7 & Grid Legends cater to a slightly different audience than ACC. There will be some overlap because I have preordered GT7 and I will eventually pick up Grid legends.

I just got into racing games and banged out all the GTS challenges, now I'm in love with Dirt Rally 2.0, GT7 is around the corner and ACC there waiting for me when I'm ready... I've played games for over 20 years but feels like I've found a new hobby.
If you've just got into racing games check Wreckfest out if you haven't already. Also circuit superstars.
"There is also a good chance the PlayStation 5 port of Assetto Corsa Competizione will also support PS VR2, especially as the PC version already supports VR headsets like the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive." https://racinggames.gg/news/playsta...ing-games-as-new-technical-details-confirmed/

I have no idea if there is any truth to this or not. It's probably pure speculation (with a healthy serving of wishful thinking). But I really hope GT7 and ACC end up with VR support. It's what I miss the most since moving to PS5 from the PC. Given that the PS5 runs games at better quality than my RTX 2060 I am sure it's more than possible technically. If PSVR2 ends up being as limited in racing games as PSVR1 was I might have to seriously consider another big investment and go back to PC. I hope not. Console is so much easier and more stable. ACC, GT and WRC are pretty much all I play racing-wise and I now pretty much only set up the PC for the odd RBR session.

Nothing confirmed yet but it is assumed that the next-gen version will be 1.8.
Sony really need to encourage devs into full VR support now. Snowrunner would bs awesome in VR.
What do you expect them to do? Cancel or postpone the release? Theres 17 million PS5s alone. ACC was never likely to eat into GT sales, maybe if GT wasnt being released they'd sell more copies of ACC but it is what it is.

No doubt, but ACC is also a 3 year old PC game.

I can’t really compare to GT7, but ACC felt way ahead of GTS in terms of the driving.

Gameplay showed of PS5 still show low shadows (cars seems to float) with UE4 updated they should be able to use AMD FSR on consoles

Rain effects on windshield still missing (was broken with an update on PS4/Xbox one..
Light beam at night could also be better
Next Gen console are now capable of better graphics and details as on certain mid-high PC'S

But with the next Gen version mounted up the existing base code D3T ldt made i Don't expect miracles and neither a big job

Hopefully they fixed all bugs, FFB, wheel compatibility and so on

Back