Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,177 comments
kjb
I might have to buy the Intercontinental pack. I didn't realize Laguna Seca is included. Then whenever the American track DLC reaches consoles I will get that as well
Good luck starting your races there; the AI are so bad during the rolling starts at that track I find myself unable to even begin the race there 9/10 times. So much so I've stopped trying.
I hope you have better luck than me!

Good luck starting your races there; the AI are so bad during the rolling starts at that track I find myself unable to even begin the race there 9/10 times. So much so I've stopped trying.
I hope you have better luck than me!
I agree entirely you'll be a year older by the time the cars make it to the start line ..... usually...... However I tried this track yesterday and low and behold they didn't screw the start up and the rolling start was as it should be.

Did they tweak it without mentioning or did I get lucky is anyone's guess but for once it behaved.

I agree entirely you'll be a year older by the time the cars make it to the start line ..... usually...... However I tried this track yesterday and low and behold they didn't screw the start up and the rolling start was as it should be.

Did they tweak it without mentioning or did I get lucky is anyone's guess but for once it behaved.
I've only had it happen twice I think in all the times I've ran Laguna Seca. I think I posted a video of one of those occasions earlier in this thread.

Well that's good to hear. I've not attempted a race there for months due to someone screwing up the corkscrew during the overly long rolling start. No idea why you start so many corners away from the line...
Will give it a shot next time I play.

Not only that, people are reporting if introduces more bugs that the ones it squashes. Which at this point is not surprising. It’s just how it always goes. I don’t intend to keep doing QA for free for them so I’m not even gonna launch the game.

On traxion.gg, news of a big patch with lots of mp fixes, list details of many fixes.
Seems to be for newgen i think mostly.

Last edited:
I am completely blown away with ACC on PS5. Just downloaded yesterday, this is totally different than anything currently on the market, including GT7 and I love GT7. I set up my driver, starting with GT4 and gonna work my way up, the handling is completely different than GT7, I ran laps on Catalunya and the game completely hooked me in about 10 laps.

I'll be working my way around all of the tracks to get a handle on them before dipping my feet farther down the ACC rabbit hole. There is so much to learn and so much to take in and enjoy. I'm running with Aston Martin to start, wonderful balanced car!

If you look on the track listing in single player, it shows your fastest lap, even if the stats page doesn't show the 2020 results

If you look on the track listing in single player, it shows your fastest lap, even if the stats page doesn't show the 2020 results
That's not always accurate. I have faster times at some tracks that don't show up. It's really clunky. Sometimes you have to be in the car to see the best time. Another update glitch that has not been fixed.

I am completely blown away with ACC on PS5. Just downloaded yesterday, this is totally different than anything currently on the market, including GT7 and I love GT7. I set up my driver, starting with GT4 and gonna work my way up, the handling is completely different than GT7, I ran laps on Catalunya and the game completely hooked me in about 10 laps.

I'll be working my way around all of the tracks to get a handle on them before dipping my feet farther down the ACC rabbit hole. There is so much to learn and so much to take in and enjoy. I'm running with Aston Martin to start, wonderful balanced car!
It's ruined GT7 for me, I haven't turned it on in weeks and there's really no reason to. ACC is what GT7 pretends to be. Hell, if GT7 had 3/4 of the physics/FFB of ACC, I'd be satisfied.

And don't get me started on ACC's penalty/player rating system... Light years beyond GT7/Sport.

I hate to say it because I spent so much money on gt7 getting whatever deluxe edition I got, but in terms of the visceral racing feeling, it's Assetto Corsa all day long. Gives me the same (or better) feels of Project Cars 2

ACC is more along the same line the way Project Cars 2 is. I still play and sometimes really like gt7 but it often leaves me a little empty. It's not as bad as when I played GT sport but it's not raw enough for me. I'm not even sure how to explain what that means but I know what I feel when I'm racing.

I think the handling of ACC us superior. The car sounds are definitely better.

I've been around since the first GT. I was so excited when GT7 finally arrived. Then all the air was taken out of my sails after a short period of time. I still love GT and always will. It just feels like an arcade game and not a real racing simulator.

When I first saw someone streaming ACC it gave me goosebumps. Ok it was a PC stream but knowing it was on PS5 made me curious. Sure, ACC has a few problems on PS5. However, the support that ACC has from KUNOS is heads above what PD is doing for GT. And yes, the sound is absolutely amazing!!!!

I've been around since the first GT. I was so excited when GT7 finally arrived. Then all the air was taken out of my sails after a short period of time. I still love GT and always will. It just feels like an arcade game and not a real racing simulator.

When I first saw someone streaming ACC it gave me goosebumps. Ok it was a PC stream but knowing it was on PS5 made me curious. Sure, ACC has a few problems on PS5. However, the support that ACC has from KUNOS is heads above what PD is doing for GT. And yes, the sound is absolutely amazing!!!!
Yup, but acc consoles IS nearly a year behind acc PC, and IS not supported by kunos, but by untold games, wich launched 2 buged updates in nearly 6 months of "Next Gen version"

Yup, but acc consoles IS nearly a year behind acc PC, and IS not supported by kunos, but by untold games, wich launched 2 buged updates in nearly 6 months of "Next Gen version"
ACC has developed an excellent reputation on PC. Even though they have farmed out the console versions to a separate company, they have openly (and positively) spoken about their close partnership with that company.

It's fair to say we've been let down so far but I don't think Kunos has turned a blind eye to the issues. I'm hopeful they are pushing for much better, much more polished, less buggy product.

Fingers crossed!

Of course, I'm also hoping for a Project Cars 4 that's a true successor to Project Cars 2

Last edited:
ACC has developed an excellent reputation on PC. Even though they have farmed out the console versions to a separate company, they have openly (and positively) spoken about their close partnership with that company.

It's fair to say we've been let down so far but I don't think Kunos has turned a blind eye to the issues. I'm hopeful they are pushing for much better, much more polished, less buggy product.

Fingers crossed!

Of course, I'm also hoping for a Project Cars 4 that's a true successor to Project Cars 2
Yup, on PC its a thing, on consoles an Another story,Also, Marco lies more than anything.
Next Gen version IS in worse shape than old Gen, at least It goes st 60fps..

After 2 years ,i don't cross my fingers anymore

I don't compare console games to PC. Imo, PS5 ACC is miles better than PS4. Having only had a PS4 slim, and now a PS5. Compared to GT7, GT is pretty and crap.

I don't compare console games to PC. Imo, PS5 ACC is miles better than PS4. Having only had a PS4 slim, and now a PS5. Compared to GT7, GT is pretty and crap.
On Next Gen,ambience audio is fully broken, less special events, more problems online...go get a look to the oficial support forum.

Yes It goes at 60fps , good physics, and that's about It.
Support ? Practicaly non existent

They've already responded to me:

"The routing of audio is the crucial factor with these.

And since you have the audio running to the headphones, the only possible way to tap into that audio is if the headphone system offers another audio output….

So, while using the headphones, BK can’t work with the PS5.

Sorry, wish it was different.."

I have a Buttkicker Gamer Pro and use my Pulse headset wirelessly while using my T-GT wheel. You just need to use a controller logged in as a Guest and plug the Buttkicker into that controller's headphone jack. Works great!

Just completed the most exhilarating, tense, exhausting, and rewarding race at Silverstone.

I'm doing the British GT Championship where GT3 and GT4 both race. I'm using GT4 and my car is McLaren 570.

I've been a long time lover of PC2 and continue to be. But, the AI in PC2 sometimes doesn't love me back. Or, I should say they don't RESPECT me. They will ram me when it suits them and fail to give way when they should (blue flag).

In ACC, the AI is nearly perfect. They race hard but respectful most of the time.

I couldn't be happier with this game right now.

Of course I wish I knew how to manage pit stops. I'm getting passed going in to the pits because I'm so scared to speed (after numerous disqualifications).

Then, I'm losing time in the pits themselves for some reason.

Just completed the most exhilarating, tense, exhausting, and rewarding race at Silverstone.

I'm doing the British GT Championship where GT3 and GT4 both race. I'm using GT4 and my car is McLaren 570.

I've been a long time lover of PC2 and continue to be. But, the AI in PC2 sometimes doesn't love me back. Or, I should say they don't RESPECT me. They will ram me when it suits them and fail to give way when they should (blue flag).

In ACC, the AI is nearly perfect. They race hard but respectful most of the time.

I couldn't be happier with this game right now.

Of course I wish I knew how to manage pit stops. I'm getting passed going in to the pits because I'm so scared to speed (after numerous disqualifications).

Then, I'm losing time in the pits themselves for some reason.
Turn your engine to manual in the assists menu, then map engine to your wheel and you can save seconds in the pitstops

Back