Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,177 comments
Just completed the most exhilarating, tense, exhausting, and rewarding race at Silverstone.

I'm doing the British GT Championship where GT3 and GT4 both race. I'm using GT4 and my car is McLaren 570.

I've been a long time lover of PC2 and continue to be. But, the AI in PC2 sometimes doesn't love me back. Or, I should say they don't RESPECT me. They will ram me when it suits them and fail to give way when they should (blue flag).

In ACC, the AI is nearly perfect. They race hard but respectful most of the time.

I couldn't be happier with this game right now.

Of course I wish I knew how to manage pit stops. I'm getting passed going in to the pits because I'm so scared to speed (after numerous disqualifications).

Then, I'm losing time in the pits themselves for some reason.
You can save a couple of seconds in the pits by binding manual engine start/stop buttons instead of using auto

Thank you @Tool1312 and @bleeder

I appreciate the assist.

I didn't realize it was two different buttons but I have the first button now that turns it green and then the second button that actually starts the car.

I have another question I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

I'm doing 30 minute races with no refueling but there still are mandatory pit stops for tire change and driver swap.

I'm in practice and when I go in the pits they don't give me more fuel. What can I do to get them to refuel me when I come in the pits?

Thanks

Thank you @Tool1312 and @bleeder

I appreciate the assist.

I didn't realize it was two different buttons but I have the first button now that turns it green and then the second button that actually starts the car.

I have another question I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

I'm doing 30 minute races with no refueling but there still are mandatory pit stops for tire change and driver swap.

I'm in practice and when I go in the pits they don't give me more fuel. What can I do to get them to refuel me when I come in the pits?

Thanks
Are you doing solo races or career races? Because I'm doing 30 minute solo races and I don't have to do pit stops. But I also don't have fuel use turned on.

Are you doing solo races or career races? Because I'm doing 30 minute solo races and I don't have to do pit stops. But I also don't have fuel use turned on.
I'm under the heading "Championship" and doing "British GT", the one with (I think) 5 or 6 races that begins with Oulton Park and ends with Brands Hatch.

It's the only GT4 event that has both GT4 and GT3 cars.

I also have refueling turned off in the options but it does carry a mandatory pit stop for tires and driver swap.

I have it set for 30 minute practice, two different sessions. It's during those practice sessions that I run out of fuel. That's by design because that's the setup I use to qualify. Then, I just had all the fuel for the main race since I'm not going to refuel at the pit stop.

I just don't know how to get them to give me fuel when I come in from practice with no fuel.

Last edited:
I'm under the heading "Championship" and doing "British GT", the one with (I think) 5 or 6 races that begins with Oulton Park and ends with Brands Hatch.

I also have refueling turned off in the options but it does carry a mandatory pit stop for tires and driver swap.

I have it set for 30 minute practice, two different sessions. It's during those practice sessions that I run out of fuel. That's by design because that's the setup I use to qualify. Then, I just had all the fuel for the main race since I'm not going to refuel at the pit stop.

I just don't know how to get them to give me fuel when I come in from practice with no fuel.
Ok it's a Championship series. That must be the difference. I just jump around from track to track, GT3 to GT4, etc. No practice or qualifying. I just start in 12th and see if I can win.

Is there something in the options about no fuel usage? Can't quite remember but might be worth a look because it sounds like that's still on but you've told the game also no pitstops and your fuel is just being depleted still.

There's an option for tire wear iirc and I'm sure theres one for fuel too.

Last edited:
Is there something in the options about no fuel usage? Can't quite remember but might be worth a look because it sounds like that's still on but you've told the game also no pitstops and your fuel is just being depleted still.

There's an option for tire wear iirc and I'm sure theres one for fuel too.
I think fuel usage and tire wear are together as one option. At least that's how it is in solo race options. Because I kind of would like to turn on fuel usage but keep tire wear turned off but there's no option for it.

This is such a great game, it's come so far since it first came to console. But, be it Kunos or Untold Games, there is simply not enough exposure/marketing for the console version.

Look what marketing did for GT7. Had people waited for word of mouth that game would not have as many sales as it did. It was the monstrous hype machine that had people like me prepaying before we really knew anything about it.

This is such a great game, it's come so far since it first came to console. But, be it Kunos or Untold Games, there is simply not enough exposure/marketing for the console version.

Look what marketing did for GT7. Had people waited for word of mouth that game would not have as many sales as it did. It was the monstrous hype machine that had people like me prepaying before we really knew anything about it.
It is one of the greats. However, that’s the problem, it’s not Gran Turismo.

It is one of the greats. However, that’s the problem, it’s not Gran Turismo.
Just wondering about your opinion. Now that you have a ps5 as a single player games. Do you still enjoy/play more GT7 or ACC still have a place in your games rotation?

Just wondering about your opinion. Now that you have a ps5 as a single player games. Do you still enjoy/play more GT7 or ACC still have a place in your games rotation?
Honestly, I‘ve done some races last week and jumped back on last night, after some GT7 and Ace Combat 7. Looks much smoother on the PS5. Totally cleared my mind of how it looks on PS4. I use the Dual Sense(DS5?), but the Triggers are easier, like the DS4. GT7 have the resistance on.

I definitely play GT7 more, due to the cars I’ve built. Experimenting with different type races. Of course, it’s the newer game. However, I was playing ACC and GT Sport near the same amount. Again, as ACC was newer, but especially because it used real GT cars, over GT Sport‘s iterations. Even with ACC PS4’s shortcomings.

To me, ACC isn’t an “I wish this and that” game. I know what it is. ;)

1.8 update trailer, launch on PS5/ Xbox series on 29th September 2022

What's at stake here? Is the new tyre model and physics engine a worthy upgrade?

Also, what's the "Extended Gameplay" part all about?

What's at stake here? Is the new tyre model and physics engine a worthy upgrade?

The extended game seems to be a custom championship mode where you can select the tracks to be included. I don’t think this was possible before. The F1 games have this and it’s pretty cool.

I still struggle to choose between Console version or PC version to buy next dlcs... I like that PC version is the main one which is more supported, but I prefer easy access to PS5 with steering wheel and TV. (i need to reconnect computer everytime i want to play on it on PC)

Here's your answer about physics:

More in Aris channel about 1.8 (launched on November 2021 on PC)

Extended gameplay is that you can practically make a custom championship like you want.

1.8 on PC brought also an improved weather system, we will have to wait to see if it's in console version also

Back