Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,174 comments
I hope so, too. But realistically, what are the chances this comes out well from the jump? I really want it to be that way, but there's literally no evidence these people are capable of hitting the mark at launch. Like, ever.
I'm generally a laid back guy when it comes to these games, because no matter what, they are always still just GAMES and not real life. But I'm in a pretty sour mood about it all at the moment. Gran Turismo keeps bricking its game, these ACC releases are always a disaster ... Looking objectively at this entire games industry, it's criminal how things are done. Releasing half-baked, incomplete and in some cases broken products, with no recourse for customers who get taken on the ride. Imagine if you paid to see a movie, and then they screened a rough cut of it and told you, oops, sorry, we'll finalize it eventually at some point and then you can see it again. It's laughable.
This isn't the problem, its inevitable as it is for all the major devs. The issue is it takes months to put them right, where as on PC then fix many issues within a couple days to weeks.

For me personally as a console peasant ACC is the only racing game I enjoy racing the most and gives me impression if I was inside the race car, others just don’t give me as much joy, Dirt2 on occasion. So I’m eagerly waiting 1.8 update regardless if its as cool as PC version or not, still something to look forward to, otherwise we are not spoilt for choice for sims.

It really puts you in the shoes of a GT3 driver from every POV.

Last edited:
Maybe a wrong thread but didn't find general ACC discussion thread, so..
I was watching a famous youtuber racing pc league race at the Nürburgring GP. It seems that for example the main straight braking point is at about 75m or even nearer 50m mark, whereas in real life the braking point seems to be about at 150 or slightly after it.
Also the ACC lap time seems to be about six seconds faster than in real life.
What is going on?

Maybe a wrong thread but didn't find general ACC discussion thread, so..
I was watching a famous youtuber racing pc league race at the Nürburgring GP. It seems that for example the main straight braking point is at about 75m or even nearer 50m mark, whereas in real life the braking point seems to be about at 150 or slightly after it.
Also the ACC lap time seems to be about six seconds faster than in real life.
What is going on?
Tyres and climate and the need to bring the car home in one piece + no restart button.

This isn't the problem, its inevitable as it is for all the major devs. The issue is it takes months to put them right, where as on PC then fix many issues within a couple days to weeks.
It's two separate yet associated issues. It's a massive problem that games (not just racing sims) come out bugged to hell, which is a joke. And yes, it's great that at least things can be fixed with updates in this world. Sure, as you say, the fact it takes so long is also a massive problem. BUT ... if these people released market-ready products, the issue of how long it takes to fix them wouldn't even be a thing because it wouldn't be needed in the first effing place.

We're splitting hairs and talking about the same thing at the end of the day. Either way, it's pathetic. Few other consumer products jerk their consumers around like video games do these days.

Last edited:
It's two separate yet associated issues. It's a massive problem that games (not just racing sims) come out bugged to hell, which is a joke. And yes, it's great that at least things can be fixed with updates in this world. Sure, as you say, the fact it takes so long is also a massive problem. BUT ... if these people released market-ready products, the issue of how long it takes to fix them wouldn't even be a thing because it wouldn't be needed in the first effing place.

We're splitting hairs and talking about the same thing at the end of the day. Either way, it's pathetic. Few other consumer products jerk their consumers around like video games do these days.

I’d say we live in a century of consumerism where if something is not done right we move on and buy something else instead hoping it will be better or we simply live on with the flaws of the products we purchased. So the corporations know that the masses are okay with this, thus the result we are paying full price for products that are done cheaply saving on all possible costs and then just improve via updates or release same models with some new features so we end up feeling upset and videogames are most often than not are the same, bugs, fixes and updates, and then the DLCs. I could be wrong, but thats my perception of things.

I had ACC since it came out for the PC, but recently purchased it for the PS5, two issues I have with it currently having with it, it only recognizes the wheel, which means using the sticks for such things as rotating the car in the garage isn't possible, In GT7 it see's both the wheel & controller, so not sure how to make both work. Also can't show or save replays, only partial replays will work.

Why’s that?
I played last night, it seems like once I steer more that 45 degrees I get some pretty brutal understeer regardless of how fast I’m going. The steering on general is nothing like it was before. Luckily not everyone is having this issue, but the ones that do are in for a rough time. Some of the cars feel like they have a deadzone.

I was hoping that setups might help with this but the issue seems to be far beyond that. I’ve had to do some pretty crazy things just to make the cars drivable.

Last edited:
I played last night, it seems like once I steer more that 45 degrees I get some pretty brutal understeer regardless of how fast I’m going. The steering on general is nothing like it was before. Luckily not everyone is having this issue, but the ones that do are in for a rough time. Some of the cars feel like they have a deadzone.

I was hoping that setups might help with this but the issue seems to be far beyond that. I’ve had to do some pretty crazy things just to make the cars drivable.
So everyone on PC who acts like 1.8 is the greatest thing ever somehow doesn’t have these issues? Why would only some people experience it?

So everyone on PC who acts like 1.8 is the greatest thing ever somehow doesn’t have these issues? Why would only some people experience it?
Some people like the new update, some people hate it. Doesn’t mean that either of them are wrong for feeling that way.

As for why only some people are impacted by this: no idea. If I knew the answer to that I wouldn’t be having this issue.

I had ACC since it came out for the PC, but recently purchased it for the PS5, two issues I have with it currently having with it, it only recognizes the wheel, which means using the sticks for such things as rotating the car in the garage isn't possible, In GT7 it see's both the wheel & controller, so not sure how to make both work. Also can't show or save replays, only partial replays will work.
That's been an issue since AC. I don't understand how it is still not corrected. Replays too.

Will the next DLC be free or will another Season pass be required I wonder?
Will be stand alone dlc for sure just like on PC

The first season pass is gone from the stores btw, and now all people have to buy the previous DLC's separately those that didn't buy the season pass before they retired it

So consoles can look forward to two DLC purchases. Challenger and Americas packs? I hope they include the America series liveries

Last edited:
Does anyone have problems with unlocking the British GT pack for the PS5 version? I already bought this DLC for the PS4 version of the game.

Does anyone have problems with unlocking the British GT pack for the PS5 version? I already bought this DLC for the PS4 version of the game.
You re-download it from the store? I had no issues back when it dropped in February

Last edited:
You re-download it from the store?
It’s not available to download, the other ones that I bought worked fine. I also restored my licenses.

24E15738-6D78-45C5-AC5B-F91E6FDBAF57.jpeg

D6465C4F-108A-4849-A4BE-10C4F442FE51.jpeg

Last edited:
Weekend sale on ps store, acc base game for ps4 and ps5 21$cad, pretty tempting even if im on std ps4. Hmm 🤔.
I played it on PS4 for about 6 months. It was a bit choppy with frame rate issues (some were pretty severe) but was still great fun until I got a PS5.

Weekend sale on ps store, acc base game for ps4 and ps5 21$cad, pretty tempting even if im on std ps4. Hmm 🤔.
I play on a PS4 Slim. It’s a good game with the variety of tracks. If you’ve not tried Kyalami, Misano or Paul Ricard, you’ll get an understanding of these real world circuits. Even watching some real races on YouTube and then racing in the game, it builds an appreciation for GT racing.

You’ll have access to doing a full championship season of races. Intercontinental GT3, British GT Mutli-class racing. Full race weekends with Practice, qualifying and main event. Two qualifying sessions and two races in one weekend. Cool stuff.

I play on a PS4 Slim. It’s a good game with the variety of tracks. If you’ve not tried Kyalami, Misano or Paul Ricard, you’ll get an understanding of these real world circuits. Even watching some real races on YouTube and then racing in the game, it builds an appreciation for GT racing.

You’ll have access to doing a full championship season of races. Intercontinental GT3, British GT Mutli-class racing. Full race weekends with Practice, qualifying and main event. Two qualifying sessions and two races in one weekend. Cool stuff.
I loved kyalami in past games, i think old layout was different, not sure, but isnt kyalami a dlc?
Decisions, decisions... hehe

Did you ever get this resolved?
Nope. I made a bug report with them on their forum but no response. I should really get ahold of Playstation support, but I’m just not up for getting on the phone with someone who barely speaks english, so I’ve been procrastinating.

Last edited:
Nope. I made a bug report with them on their forum but no response. I should really get ahold of Playstation support, but I’m just not up for getting on the phone with someone who barely speaks english, so I’ve been procrastinating.
Playstation support will say that you have to report any issues or bugs to the game support team

D3T ldt/ Untold games receive the bug reports forms from 505Games, you will never get direct feedback from the devs.

Only thing you can do is keep sending bug report forms and have patience.

Some issues/bugs have been reported from lots of users and isn't still fixed after 2 years of the game on console, so you will need a lot of patience

Playstation support will say that you have to report any issues or bugs to the game support team

D3T ldt/ Untold games receive the bug reports forms from 505Games, you will never get direct feedback from the devs.

Only thing you can do is keep sending bug report forms and have patience.

Some issues/bugs have been reported from lots of users and isn't still fixed after 2 years of the game on console, so you will need a lot of patience
I think I did the bug report through the console section of the forum, so they should have got it.

I have zero patience for this though, it doesn’t seem worth the hassle for a game that I’ll probably spend very little time playing anyway because of how dead online is. I’ll just forget about it until I get a PC.

Last edited:
I think I did the bug report through the console section of the forum, so they should have got it.

I have zero patience for this though, it doesn’t seem worth the hassle for a game that I’ll probably spend very little time playing anyway because of how dead online is. I’ll just forget about it until I get a PC.
In the past whenever I have had a question/issue, I have just emailed 505 games directly and they have been helpful. I'm looking to pick up the DLC but after seeing your issue (thanks for bringing it up btw) I got worried since I play on both the ps4 and the ps5.

So I emailed 505 games and mentioned that you and two people on reddit seem to be having an issue with the British GT pack not unlocking on the ps5 after buying it on the ps4. They mentioned that to be safe I should purchase the DLC on the ps5. Granted I'm still waiting to hear back from them to make sure that this won't bring up a new issue where the British GT pack or any other DLC is unlocked on the ps5 but not the ps4.

Anyway their response made it seem to me that they already know about this issue. So I would assume that if you email them directly, they might be able to help you resolve it.

I might have to buy the Intercontinental pack. I didn't realize Laguna Seca is included. Then whenever the American track DLC reaches consoles I will get that as well

Back