Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,177 comments
I've started playing this from scratch on my Xbox as since the last round of updates it seems much closer to the PC and it's more acceptable to me. However I just finished a race weekend at Brands, 2 long 40 min races and practice/quali, thought I'd watch the replay wish I hadn't bothered, the game crashed when I exit the replay, when I restarted the game, I'm back to the start of the weekend...grrr :( good job I like Brands I guess. Waste of time.
Replay issue on Xbox has been noted by devs, according to acc discord there’s a patch coming for that very issue today.

Ps5 version is leagues ahead of PS4 version in bc mode on ps5, I wouldn’t even bother trying the older version if you’ve the new console.

Afaik the upgrade path had no expiry date so you should be able to load up the ps5 version if you own the old PS4 version.

Think he’s talking about acc, this being acc thread.
Thanks Frank, ill probably get it soon if it's 100% sure the upgrade is included, plus the gt4 pack, and intercontinental pack, all on good sale.

Is the replay only a few mins on all consoles?
I read on pc its full length plus you have a free roam camera in it.
That be cool to have.

I haven't tried plug my wheel yet on ps5, probably just plug and play.

Have to say, since i tried ps5, most of my ps4 games changed like upgraded to a newgen almost, quite a relief, any genre of game too.

Even some that have a ps5 version are sometimes better in bc mode ps4 version.
That's why i asked,,but some are best in ps5 version, as you say.

Well i asked also cause of all the bugs on newgen version of acc.
Maybe it's even worse on ps4 version.

Plus it saves on expensive ssd storage, already full, need get an extra one soon, 4tb preferably but it cost jeez.
2tb are on sale sometime for 250 bucks.

Anyhow,
Nice to have smooth play that's for sure.
Im curious to try acc soon.
Cheers.

Thanks Frank, ill probably get it soon if it's 100% sure the upgrade is included, plus the gt4 pack, and intercontinental pack, all on good sale.

That be cool to have.

Have to say, since i tried ps5, most of my ps4 games changed like upgraded to a newgen almost, quite a relief, any genre of game too.

Plus it saves on expensive ssd storage, already full, need get an extra one soon, 4tb preferably but it cost jeez.

Anyhow,
Cheers.
One great feature of ACC on PS5 is the dualsense. It feels great for this game. Really feels alive, even rumbles on the correct side as you put a couple of wheels over a kerb etc.

That be cool to have.

Anyhow,
Cheers.
The replay is a fair bit longer now since last update. Also no bugs to speak of, more issues like still no special events and no Cp points being awarded.

But as a racing sim, acc on new gen consoles is finally in a really good place and has now got a fully engaged community manager who listens and reports feedback to the devs, which is at last being acted on in a timely manner.

The replay is a fair bit longer now since last update. Also no bugs to speak of, more issues like still no special events and no Cp points being awarded.

But as a racing sim, acc on new gen consoles is finally in a really good place and has now got a fully engaged community manager who listens and reports feedback to the devs, which is at last being acted on in a timely manner.
It seems in a far better place than it was with the PS4 version. I just wish there weren't still long-term bugs and issues that have carried over from one 3rd party to another...

Well... They do acknowledge the existence of PSVR2 so it's something xD

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.JPG
    Przechwytywanie.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 10
It seems in a far better place than it was with the PS4 version. I just wish there weren't still long-term bugs and issues that have carried over from one 3rd party to another...
Yeah, i just watched a recent gameplay video after the 1.885 patch i think it is..,
And it looked good but seemed to have quite a few bugs still, on ps5.
Im due to try it really, 18$cad base game on psn.

One great feature of ACC on PS5 is the dualsense. It feels great for this game. Really feels alive, even rumbles on the correct side as you put a couple of wheels over a kerb etc.
Well I'll try it for sure at 1st but im a wheel user mostly in car sim type games.

I think I've found an unusual glitch. After a sub-par performance in a Porsche Super Cup race at Brands Hatch I wanted to go back and do a little practice. First thing I thought was a little weird is that the car was parked parallel to the garages and not at an angle like usual. Got out on the track and this happened.

Drove around some more and the same thing happened anytime I went near the brakes, lockup. Changed tracks, the same thing happened. That's when I noticed in the HUD that both ABS and TC were off. That's strange. Changed cars to the Ferrari Challenge car and both ABS and TC were off again but the car didn't spin out it just locked up and slid straight. Changed to a regular GT3 car and it was parked at an angle in the pitlane and everything worked normally. I didn't try practicing with a GT4 to see if there was a problem with them but I did try the Super Trofeo Lamborghini and it also had no ABS or TC.

Porsche glitch. Notice ABS and TC are off.

Ferrari Challenge showing the same thing.

Aston Martin GT3 showing everything normal.

I think I've found an unusual glitch. After a sub-par performance in a Porsche Super Cup race at Brands Hatch I wanted to go back and do a little practice. First thing I thought was a little weird is that the car was parked parallel to the garages and not at an angle like usual. Got out on the track and this happened.

Drove around some more and the same thing happened anytime I went near the brakes, lockup. Changed tracks, the same thing happened. That's when I noticed in the HUD that both ABS and TC were off. That's strange. Changed cars to the Ferrari Challenge car and both ABS and TC were off again but the car didn't spin out it just locked up and slid straight. Changed to a regular GT3 car and it was parked at an angle in the pitlane and everything worked normally. I didn't try practicing with a GT4 to see if there was a problem with them but I did try the Super Trofeo Lamborghini and it also had no ABS or TC.

Porsche glitch. Notice ABS and TC are off.

Ferrari Challenge showing the same thing.

Aston Martin GT3 showing everything normal.

Porsche challenge cup and Ferrari challenge haven't abs and TC as in real life.

It's just like the Maserati GT4, that car participate without abs either in GT4 European challenge in real life and the car in ACC doesn't got abs either.

Welcome to a correct simulation of cars

Last edited:

It's just like the Maserati GT4, that car participate without abs either in GT4 European challenge in real life and the car in ACC doesn't got abs either.

I've practiced many times in each of those cars, granted it's been awhile, but the brakes never locked up like that.

Just got the game, bought ps4 version, includes ps5.
I wonder it doesn't seem any of the dlcs can be had for ps4 version?

1st i tried the ps5 version with the pad, uhmm not for me, you're missing the whole thing seems to me if not on a wheel.

Then the wheel, i decided try the ps4 version on ps5,,but on the hdd.
Plays great, the wheel was perfect right away or just about.
I can see im loving it already, a solid feel.
Reminds me of ac, solid grip, bouncing over bumps, curbs, and fighting back for grip.

A game ill sleep much too late for..

Went to the ps5 version with wheel, it's different, ffb setting dont transfer at all the same.

Tried messing with it for a while,,for now i prefer the ps4 version.
Even the sound seems cleaner in ps4 version.

Also there is pretty big stutters even on ps5 version, shame.

I noticed cockpit pov on ps5 has more movement etc, not sure if it's just different settings.
Like lateral movement when leaning in curves etc.
I'll see i guess, hope i can set the feel to like it as much or more on ps5 version.

Im thinking to install the ps4 version on the ssd,,maybe no stutter almost then.

Also ps5 version isn't so clean, sharp.
A review on newgen versions even said ps5 version is the only solid one, not that solid lol.

I wonder also can you turn on off the hud with a button press when driving?

Im surprised how the ps4 version looks and runs just as same almost on ps5,maybe better if on ssd.
Gonna try it tomorrow maybe.

Also maybe the ps5 version, the ai cars upped to 29 is too much for it, might be why stutters and even cause more messy sound.

Edit: did set the ffb etc on ps5 version pretty good now.
Honestly, disappointing how low res it looks thru cockpit, and other views even.

Plus often stutters, even i set ai to 19 only.
I like the feel a lot,,and overall sim aspects, ai, etc.
You sure feel it when you get a flat spot lol😳.
And the ai bouncing over curbs hehe.

Just wish it was smooth, sharp.
I read even the bc ps4 version is 1800p or even 2100, i don't see that at all.

Not sure but i think it says on the ps store 4k lol 60fps for ps5 version, common now..

Lot stutter and looks less than 1080p.
I want the dlcs but this makes me hesitant really.
Compare this to ac on ps4, so clean smooth, jeesh.

Edit: i think this game's port to ps4/5 isn't compatible with the supersampling etc on ps5.

Im on a basic tv so it's probably at 1080p and doesn't up res like most games on ps5, shame really, most games i tried, even ps4 games in bc mode on ps5, look much sharper even if on my tv.

It's the unreal engine, a commercial engine that's supposed to be made to be compatible with the main platforms..
Plus doesn't even run with no stutter, and at low res..

Did lower the ai to 14 , then there's almost no stutter finally.
Except sometimes when ai cars go to pits, same basic problem as on pc sims 25 years ago.
Also in menus when switch liveries, you see a delay in loading it, typical unreal engine weakness.

Glad that Kunos is going back to in house engine for ac2.

I do like a lot the helmet view, lot of feel, movement.

Its pretty easy to get into the feel, even with no aids etc.
The sound is good but maybe a little overdone chassis noise, sounds like hauling crap to the junkshop 😆.

Anyhow, looks like i need a tv, sigh.
Can't they just patch it to do res upscaling in ps5.
Seems it's automatic usually on ps5.
Anyhow, good sim, did settle my hud views etc with controls set up etc.

Not sure ill get much dlcs until it runs more clean.
As it is now, a car 100 feet in front looks like a colored blob, you can't even make out what model lol.

Last edited:
Just got the game, bought ps4 version, includes ps5.
I wonder it doesn't seem any of the dlcs can be had for ps4 version?

1st i tried the ps5 version with the pad, uhmm not for me, you're missing the whole thing seems to me if not on a wheel.

Then the wheel, i decided try the ps4 version on ps5,,but on the hdd.
Plays great, the wheel was perfect right away or just about.
I can see im loving it already, a solid feel.
Reminds me of ac, solid grip, bouncing over bumps, curbs, and fighting back for grip.

A game ill sleep much too late for..

Went to the ps5 version with wheel, it's different, ffb setting dont transfer at all the same.

Tried messing with it for a while,,for now i prefer the ps4 version.
Even the sound seems cleaner in ps4 version.

Also there is pretty big stutters even on ps5 version, shame.

I noticed cockpit pov on ps5 has more movement etc, not sure if it's just different settings.
Like lateral movement when leaning in curves etc.
I'll see i guess, hope i can set the feel to like it as much or more on ps5 version.

Im thinking to install the ps4 version on the ssd,,maybe no stutter almost then.

Also ps5 version isn't so clean, sharp.
A review on newgen versions even said ps5 version is the only solid one, not that solid lol.

I wonder also can you turn on off the hud with a button press when driving?

Im surprised how the ps4 version looks and runs just as same almost on ps5,maybe better if on ssd.
Gonna try it tomorrow maybe.

Also maybe the ps5 version, the ai cars upped to 29 is too much for it, might be why stutters and even cause more messy sound.

Edit: did set the ffb etc on ps5 version pretty good now.
Honestly, disappointing how low res it looks thru cockpit, and other views even.

Plus often stutters, even i set ai to 19 only.
I like the feel a lot,,and overall sim aspects, ai, etc.
You sure feel it when you get a flat spot lol😳.
And the ai bouncing over curbs hehe.

Just wish it was smooth, sharp.
I read even the bc ps4 version is 1800p or even 2100, i don't see that at all.

Not sure but i think it says on the ps store 4k lol 60fps for ps5 version, common now..

Lot stutter and looks less than 1080p.
I want the dlcs but this makes me hesitant really.
Compare this to ac on ps4, so clean smooth, jeesh.

Edit: i think this game's port to ps4/5 isn't compatible with the supersampling etc on ps5.

Im on a basic tv so it's probably at 1080p and doesn't up res like most games on ps5, shame really, most games i tried, even ps4 games in bc mode on ps5, look much sharper even if on my tv.

It's the unreal engine, a commercial engine that's supposed to be made to be compatible with the main platforms..
Plus doesn't even run with no stutter, and at low res..

Did lower the ai to 14 , then there's almost no stutter finally.
Except sometimes when ai cars go to pits, same basic problem as on pc sims 25 years ago.
Also in menus when switch liveries, you see a delay in loading it, typical unreal engine weakness.

Glad that Kunos is going back to in house engine for ac2.

I do like a lot the helmet view, lot of feel, movement.

Its pretty easy to get into the feel, even with no aids etc.
The sound is good but maybe a little overdone chassis noise, sounds like hauling crap to the junkshop 😆.

Anyhow, looks like i need a tv, sigh.
Can't they just patch it to do res upscaling in ps5.
Seems it's automatic usually on ps5.
Anyhow, good sim, did settle my hud views etc with controls set up etc.

Not sure ill get much dlcs until it runs more clean.
As it is now, a car 100 feet in front looks like a colored blob, you can't even make out what model lol.
You should've seen how bad the original PS4 version was though. Horrendous frame drops on some tracks, sub 10fps through eau rouge etc. 30fps target.

Then running that version on PS4 locked it to 60fps which was great. But I think it looks better on PS5, apart from all the jaggies everywhere. Plus more cars, more options.

The huge frame jumps/stutters that I get at least once per race started for me back on PS4, when they launched the British GT DLC. It's annoying but infrequent.

Also now that I remember, if you want to run the PS4 version on PS5 at 60fps you have to go into the PS5 options and force it to output 1080, otherwise it will run at 30 still. It's weird.

Last edited:
You should've seen how bad the original PS4 version was though. Horrendous frame drops on some tracks, sub 10fps through eau rouge etc. 30fps target.

Then running that version on PS4 locked it to 60fps which was great. But I think it looks better on PS5, apart from all the jaggies everywhere. Plus more cars, more options.

The huge frame jumps/stutters that I get at least once per race started for me back on PS4, when they launched the British GT DLC. It's annoying but infrequent.

Also now that I remember, if you want to run the PS4 version on PS5 at 60fps you have to go into the PS5 options and force it to output 1080, otherwise it will run at 30 still. It's weird.
Hi, yeah the ps4 version runs smooth fps, just major stutters, especially when ai go to pits seems. That's on hdd, i will try it on the ssd soon.

I,didn't try lower ai count yet on the ps4 version, from 19 max.

Yeah, i waited this long, i didn't expect the ps5 version to be only barely better.
I was expecting a sharp image with no stutter at least.

Even the hud is low res, pc2 hud looks better on ps4 lol.
I don't know, is it same in any tv? Says 4k 60fps for ps5..
Ps4 version looks and runs almost same really for me, on ps5 bc mode.

I hope ac2 will be much better port to console. 🤞.

Pretty silly to have upped the ai to 29 on ps5 seems, more for marketing..
If in hood view, you also notice frame drops in sharp curves.

Edit: on a side note, i keep seeing only super positive comments about the 1.9 update on physic, ffb. 👍
Hope we console sobs get it soonish.

Edit: did retry the ps4 version, well better ps5 still for sure.
Did a good race on ps5 version, in Zolder, with 14 ai, was super 👌.

No stutter, cockpit view.
Cool to see your ratings go up hehe, with racing objectives, kinda like f1 series has.

Nice fireworks at end of race 😁.
Also, i had not even noticed you could click on the series icon and open other series and years lol, woohoo more content hehe.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Porsche Super Cup has the abs and tcs turned off by default and you can’t turn it on.
You guys sure about that?

Just for the heck of it after today's races I went back into the practice mode again. Now that same Porsche Super Cup car is parked at an angle to the garages. And TC is indeed turned off but ABS is ON. As you can see in these pictures. For some reason I can't get screen captures to upload off of the Xbox console so I had to use my phone to take the pics.

20230422_212616 - Copy.jpg

20230422_212652 - Copy.jpg

20230422_212704 - Copy.jpg

But then I got out of practice and ran a GT4 race, came back to the same practice session and that Porsche was parallel to the garages and ABS was OFF and the car would lock up and spin out again. The only way to stop it was to exit out of the game completely then go back in and the car was at an angle and ABS was on again. It's a very strange glitch.

Hi, yeah the ps4 version runs smooth fps, just major stutters, especially when ai go to pits seems. That's on hdd, i will try it on the ssd soon.

I,didn't try lower ai count yet on the ps4 version, from 19 max.

Yeah, i waited this long, i didn't expect the ps5 version to be only barely better.
I was expecting a sharp image with no stutter at least.

Even the hud is low res, pc2 hud looks better on ps4 lol.
I don't know, is it same in any tv? Says 4k 60fps for ps5..
Ps4 version looks and runs almost same really for me, on ps5 bc mode.

I hope ac2 will be much better port to console. 🤞.

Pretty silly to have upped the ai to 29 on ps5 seems, more for marketing..
If in hood view, you also notice frame drops in sharp curves.

Edit: on a side note, i keep seeing only super positive comments about the 1.9 update on physic, ffb. 👍
Hope we console sobs get it soonish.

Edit: did retry the ps4 version, well better ps5 still for sure.
Did a good race on ps5 version, in Zolder, with 14 ai, was super 👌.

No stutter, cockpit view.
Cool to see your ratings go up hehe, with racing objectives, kinda like f1 series has.

Nice fireworks at end of race 😁.
Also, i had not even noticed you could click on the series icon and open other series and years lol, woohoo more content hehe.
Cheers.
Can't agree with the low res HUD on PS5. For me it looks super sharp, as does the in car Motec displays, which always shimmered for me on PS4. but I'm playing on a 4K TV. Perhaps it doesn't scale down well on a 1080 display..

Last edited:
Can't agree with the low res HUD on PS5. For me it looks super sharp, as does the in car Motec displays, which always shimmered for me on PS4. but I'm playing on a 4K TV. Perhaps it doesn't scale down well on a 1080 display..
Fully agree here with you, I’m getting great clarity from acc on my 4K benq monitor with ps5

Fully agree here with you, I’m getting great clarity from acc on my 4K benq monitor with ps5
Looks like i need a tv unless they patch it to be sharper on lower tvs.
I do love the game though, just got the gt4 and intercontinental packs.
Will be cool to try Bathurst and kyalami.

I noticed the ai backs off when side by side too much. Like on the 1st fast right hand curve of monza, lots of room and easy to go full blast in these gt3s,
But the ai backs off and drops off far behind, wish they went on trying to match speed.

I did try the aggressiveness of ai a little, but it didn't change that,,only noticed they move more to the side to try pass other ai etc.

Also they move a little less smoothly than in ac.

Also i did a race in open series, with a mix of all, then when i tried view highlights replay, it said you need buy the challenge pack.

Maybe because in highlights it says such racer/team passed this other one etc, need pay to have the names used i guess.

I like the highlights replay.
And the heli cam replay.
Replays look good, the v12 2013 vantage has nice sound in roadside cam replay.

Be cool if they added older cars too, and historic tracks. Old vipers, ferraris 550s, 575, etc from gtr2.., i mean gtr1 game, on pc a long time ago, that's the one i played and liked a lot.
Hope they will in ac2. Like spa and lemans in pc2.

Also i like the helmet view, even though its a little unsettling all the movement of the car leaning with the steering.

Anyhow, had a great time doing a couple more races.

Im getting used to the not so sharp image on my tv for now. We'll see. I set the dash display to the hud, helps make it clearer.

It's all still readable of course, only the top right comments under the ratings colored bar are too small. No big deal though.

Last edited:
Looks like i need a tv unless they patch it to be sharper on lower tvs.
I do love the game though, just got the gt4 and intercontinental packs.
Will be cool to try Bathurst and kyalami.

I noticed the ai backs off when side by side too much. Like on the 1st fast right hand curve of monza, lots of room and easy to go full blast in these gt3s,
But the ai backs off and drops off far behind, wish they went on trying to match speed.

I did try the aggressiveness of ai a little, but it didn't change that,,only noticed they move more to the side to try pass other ai etc.

Also they move a little less smoothly than in ac.

Also i like the helmet view, even though its a little unsettling all the movement of the car leaning with the steering.
The AI will become more predictable to you after you race for awhile. Off the top of my head they always leave the inside open going into Tosa at Imola, they always leave the inside open going into Parabolica at Monza, etc. But there are other place I know not to try and pass on because they will punt you off, Les Combes at Spa and going into the Bus Stop chicane at Watkins Glen are two I can recall. Might not happen every time but it's not worth it to me to find out what mood they are in at that time.

I also liked the helmet cam for a little bit but the motion got too much for me to take and now I'm back to regular cockpit view.

The AI will become more predictable to you after you race for awhile. Off the top of my head they always leave the inside open going into Tosa at Imola, they always leave the inside open going into Parabolica at Monza, etc. But there are other place I know not to try and pass on because they will punt you off, Les Combes at Spa and going into the Bus Stop chicane at Watkins Glen are two I can recall. Might not happen every time but it's not worth it to me to find out what mood they are in at that time.

I also liked the helmet cam for a little bit but the motion got too much for me to take and now I'm back to regular cockpit view.
I see, it be cool if some ai had specific quirks, habits, styles, that you could try handle in certain ways depending on each one.

I like the ai in ac1, had great close races in it with ai. And they looked like real players/drivers often in replays.

Edit: just had another fun race, my 1st try at Kyalami.
Was fun as hell, drifting the rear on the 2018 991 gt3 r. Need be gentle with this one lol.
But you feel and hear the tires really progressively starting to slide, skip a little.
It's catchable, lot of fun.

Last edited:
I see, it be cool if some ai had specific quirks, habits, styles, that you could try handle in certain ways depending on each one.

I like the ai in ac1, had great close races in it with ai. And they looked like real players/drivers often in replays.

Edit: just had another fun race, my 1st try at Kyalami.
Was fun as hell, drifting the rear on the 2018 991 gt3 r. Need be gentle with this one lol.
But you feel and hear the tires really progressively starting to slide, skip a little.
It's catchable, lot of fun.
I love Kyalami.

Back