Assetto Corsa Competizione (Console) Review: Niche But Nice

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 24, 2020.

1. sbtm

sbtm

my fault with the pit limiter, it seems it's not yet there in v1.3.7. But it will come!

I didn't want to criticise the review. It's fine how it is.
    I just wanted to add my personal thoughts and giving tips on how to approach the game to avoid frustrations.

2. Ak1504

Ak1504

3. AlexDB9

AlexDB9

I like how it is praised for its physics but 30 fps concerns me.

I see that it has Nürburgring, so it has Nordschleife too?

4. sbtm

sbtm

No, Nordschleife is not part of the GT World Challenge.

AlexDB9 likes this.
  5. cLean Racing

cLean Racing

I had the same issue. The guy at the store emailed corporate and the next day he said they "found" some codes in their warehouse. So I loaded the code up and it worked! It might be worth it to keep bugging them about it

6. Corsa

Corsa Premium

It has the best fov settings of any sim I own.
    In the pits during qualifying pause/view settings and adjust as needed.
    Unless console does not have this option yet...

7. Jamesways

Jamesways

We don't yet. There's nothing. I assume it'll get patched in like in AC.

They're great in AC

8. sbtm

sbtm

they don't have this option!
    I don't know if it was excluded due to limitations? (bigger FOV = more stuff to render)

The "Dash View" should give a good default FOV on consoles, but many people like to see a virtual steering wheel.

byoung likes this.
  9. bleeder

bleeder

I'd like to see the steering wheel but the motec looks so bad in that view dash is my only option.

byoung likes this.
  10. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

I recommend checking out Aris.drives on YouTube for track, car and set up guides.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ArisDrives

Additionally there was a guide to Kyalami at the start of the last round of the virtual champ race. There may be others for the other races.

11. GT Kelv

GT Kelv

thanks! I will.

12. ThruxtonGT

ThruxtonGT

Yes Aris is one of the developers. Reading his blogs on Kunos forums is also a great source of information.

Coquico, lancia delta hf and Ak1504 like this.
  13. battlex

battlex

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for some help. I'm on the PS4 (Pro) and I can't do the first race of the Career, the one in Zolder (Race 1 of the weekend). Every time I try I'm disqualified when I try to get out of the Pits, telling me that I've been "Disqualified for speeding in pitlane" while the maximum speed is 22Km/h!!! I really don't know what I'm doing wrong!

14. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi

The max speed is 31mph or 50kph. Make sure you are below that when you enter, and then when you exit do not shift past 1st gear until you are out of the pits.

battlex likes this.
  15. battlex

battlex

I'm at 22kph and I have the Pit Limiter on… I need to read and watch some user guides, I guess…

16. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi

Thats odd, is it just that track? Try a different track in single player and see if it's the same

battlex likes this.
  17. GlamFM

GlamFM

Same thing happens to me. No clue why.

@me when you find a solution pls.

battlex likes this.
  18. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Got to 21st in the Special Event 33 hot stint Brands Hatch wet. 18 laps in heavy rain. I was sweating by the end just trying to keep it on the track. Bloody marvellous, I recommend you try it.

19. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

This is one of those games where a bare bones demo with a track and a car would do wonders for their sales. After seeing Jimmy Broadbents review i am intrigued to try it out, including the 30FPS, but i burned my hands on to many car games to take yet another risk.

Brzlav and watto79 like this.
  20. aaron0288

aaron0288

Worth noting that his video was sponsored by the publisher...

There’s certainly a fab game here but if you’re not in a mad rush to get it, I’d wait if I were you until the various bugs are ironed out

ThruxtonGT likes this.
  21. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Then you'll end up paying an extra £12-13 for the extra four tracks. Kyalami, Suzuka, Laguna Seca and Bathurst.

It has problems yes, frame stutter being the big one for me. No joke in heavy rain in the middle of a corner.

22. ThruxtonGT

ThruxtonGT

PS4 pro
    Ran some laps at Zolder at 05:00 wet to dry.
    Loaded up PCars2 in resolution mode and repeated the same track/car/weather combo.
    And damn....this game needs a patch.

slthree likes this.
  23. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

Standard ps4. I love it but the frame rate is not good, but I think I’ll get used to it eventually.

slthree, AlexDB9 and AlexWilmot like this.
  24. artem9000

artem9000

Obviously this game was made for next-gen consoles and I hope they will upgrade it for free then

Coquico and lancia delta hf like this.
  25. freedom1104

freedom1104

26. battlex

battlex

Got it! I did set up a Pit Strategy (2) > Saved it. When entering the pit I chose that Pit Strategy 2 and everything went fine! I don't know if that's the way to make it work but it worked…

Coquico and GlamFM like this.
  27. Teggert205

Teggert205

It all kinda depends on the track for me (trees seem to have a big influence). But after playing it for some hours last evening it felt good, the 30fps did take some getting used too.

No issues with my t300rs.

The sound is absolutely next level compared to GT sport.

28. GT Kelv

GT Kelv

Here’s a International GT DLC code for PlayStation 4. GameStop gave me an PS4 code first. I had to tell them I had the Xbox copy. Whoever redeems this Let me know if it worked. It’s HB9P-4TN2-8P5Q

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  29. tunaphis

tunaphis

1. And yes, seasoned well-known sim races have more validity than you do... LMAO.
    2. Most youtubers have a agenda ie, Make enough sponsored cash to move out of their mother's shed/basement/kennel.

nicefrog likes this.
  30. nicefrog

nicefrog

Jimmy, has 500k subscribers he will have enough money to buy his mums house several times over by now. He's in the shed because he has anxiety and so on. Just pointing that out :). But Here's a couple of reviews from proper sim drivers one of which is also a real driver.

My experience gels with these guys thoughts but it will depend on how edgy a person you are will how tolerant you are of the frame rate. Some people can't deal with life full stop when they wake up let alone having to give up 60 frames but I thing for every else they will like it. Some people get wobbly playing first person shooters and so on. These type of guys wont like the frame rate.