Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

PC2 looks nice when running in resolution mode. ACC doesn’t really suffer antialiasing and has comparatively good graphics. It’s frames per second where it struggles. PC2 is smooth whereas ACC is not.

Anybody else noticing input lag? No, it's not the TV, it's the game. Stay in dash view with the virtual steering wheel visible, and try turning it left and right.

Anybody else noticing input lag? No, it's not the TV, it's the game. Stay in dash view with the virtual steering wheel visible, and try turning it left and right.
Input lag is probably caused by V-sync to keep the frame-rate locked at 30fps

I don't have any input lag at all :) tried like you said with wheel visible... well I crashed after focusing on the wheel though :D but haven't experience an input lag :)

standard ps4 with Logitech G29 wheel :) I'll just have to get used to it :)

try using the view without the wheel visible. it's more accurate in terms of fov too

Some scary reviews so far boy. The 30 fps complaint is one thing but the lags are quite worrying.
I was looking forward to purchasing this but now not so much.

Some scary reviews so far boy. The 30 fps complaint is one thing but the lags are quite worrying.
I was looking forward to purchasing this but now not so much.
TBH I was sceptic about it as well but I just told myself to ignore those perfectionist and thus far I'm not disappointed :) it's a 2018 game on a 2013 console for crying out loud... and probably developed in 2012... I'm glad thay've done it :) but because of many negative feedback they'll probably patch it and release it on ps5 with higher frame rate :)

standard ps4 with Logitech G29 wheel :) I'll just have to get used to it :)

Did some testing last night... Absolutely no input lag for me when using the controller. Tonnes of input lag when using my CSL elite!! WTF is that about?

still no day one patch?

PC2 is target 60fps and hit those very consistently on both platforms. It has other graphical issues like aliasing and screen tear but it is butter smooth compared to ACC at the moment.
I noticed the screen tearing on PCars2 but not on ACC yet. I don’t notice too much while driving at fast speeds though on most games. That’s probably just me and how far games have come.

Here's the FPS analysis of Assetto Corsa Competizione running on Xbox One X in 4K by Gamersyde. I've already tried the game in all possible resolutions on Xbox One X personally including 720p + mClassic to see if i could work around the frame pacing/stuttering issues and still get some decent image quality (output to 1440p) but no way unfortunately (even at 720p - not sure if Xbox is downsampling it from 1080p but still). All the rest seems fine (graphics, amazing sound and physics) but the fps issues ruins the gameplay and whole experience for me. Hoping for a patch - as i believe it's possible to get better. There's no reason for the game still have issues at 720 (almost as much as at 4k). At it is, it's a wasted opportunity...

Here's the FPS analysis of Assetto Corsa Competizione running on Xbox One X in 4K by Gamersyde. I've already tried the game in all possible resolutions on Xbox One X personally including 720p + mClassic to see if i could work around the frame pacing/stuttering issues and still get some decent image quality (output to 1440p) but no way unfortunately (even at 720p - not sure if Xbox is downsampling it from 1080p but still). All the rest seems fine (graphics, amazing sound and physics) but the fps issues ruins the gameplay and whole experience for me. Hoping for a patch - as i believe it's possible to get better. There's no reason for the game still have issues at 720 (almost as much as at 4k). At it is, it's a wasted opportunity...

I heard (with the PS4 pro) changing to 1080p output from 4k doesn’t give you any performance benefits. Might be the same for Xbox X

It seems to me if people are complaining about input lag then they aren't sampling the input at more than 30 frames (which they should be). They can patch that in if they try harder

It seems to me if people are complaining about input lag then they aren't sampling the input at more than 30 frames (which they should be). They can patch that in if they try harder

I really hope so. Input lag with my wheel is the biggest problem for me

From what we are reading everywhere, looks like Aris was not talking about the console version?

Or maybe was pure damage control mode?

Not a very honorable launch for Kunos.

Be interesting to know what models of PS4 PRO you all have. I have the new 7216b model which has a faster internal hard drive. I’ve not experienced any significant frame drops so far. I have an external 1tb HD too so may copy the game over to that and see if there’s any difference. Just as a test that may help some of you.

Make sure super sampling is turned off and at the time of playing (unbeknownst to me) my boost mode was turned off. I will try later with it on and see if there’s any difference. Will also try with it set to 1080p in the PS4 menu settings as opposed to automatic. There are lots of variables here in the game’s current state it seems. I’ve had no input lag with wheel either btw.

Bottom line is, a locked 30fps needs to be their target in future patches.

Last edited:
Be interesting to know what models of PS4 PRO you all have. I have three new 7216b model which has a faster internal hard drive. I’ve not experienced any significant frame drops so far. I have an external 1tb HD too so may copy the game over to that and see if there’s any difference. Just as a test that may help some of you.

Make sure super sampling is turned off and at the time of playing (unbeknownst to me) my boost mode was turned off. I will try later with it on and see if there’s any difference. Will also try with it set to 1080p in the PS4 menu settings as opposed to automatic. There are lots of variables here in the game’s current state it seems. I’ve had no input lag with wheel either btw.

Bottom line is, a locked 30fps needs to be their target in future patches.

Only thing I ever noticed when put a Hybrid SSD/Mechanical in my OG PS4 years and years ago was that I could no longer hit GTA online money glitches.. hardly ever due to the timing being a bit tighter. Never noticed any frame rate increases or such things but I also didn't have many games back then.

Not saying it’ll improve FPS per say, just make it more stable. Those stutters some are experiencing could be down to older/slower hard drives. Clutching at straws I know but other than the fact we’re all just differently sensitive to these sort of things, it might be worth looking into.

I don't see a FPS improvement coming, not unless they suddenly find something in unreal engine that means it can run far more efficiently than it does currently, which is unlikely. For PC people just throw hardware at it. Its not like they can downgrade graphics any further is it...

They might be able to do something aobut the stutter but contnuing on from the above, I wonder if it is down to SSD/HDD/disk speed even fragmentation on the drive ? I haven't noticed any significant stutter nor pop in and use a firecuda hybrid drive. If its having to load textures as you drive and can't keep up maybe that is a contributor.

Its interesting to note that the game is pretty small compared to contemporary games and we know from the talk on the PS5 hardware that currently PS4 developers have to duplicate resources so they can be loaded fast.. maybe there is something there?

They realy need to rethink button mapping, as it is you can't even map half the buttons, so you'll have to choose what functions you want - maybe you free up paddles and use them for TC up/down instead of gears. Hardly ideal is it.

Obviously the wheel bugs (not working/causing crashes/DOR resetting) need fixing, but also FFB needs work - I'm on the G29 and I just don't get any feel, I can't tell if its sliding, locked up, gripping, on a kerb etc. Its very numb and not at all what I expected from the "hardcore sim" that everyone says Kunos make.

AI needs work too.

On a slightly more worrying note, when I tried (and faiiled) to get online in the game last night it told me there was just over 100 people playing on PS4, on launch day. If this sells badly they could easily just walk away from console version as "Not worth the effort" or at least put any further work low on the priority order. I hope that doesn't happen but as a business you can't really blame them for doing so.

Some think very highly of Kunos and their games, time for them to live up to that imho.

Trouble with the sales thing, I really hope they’re not relying on it being as successful as AC. That at least appealed to your general GT fans as it had all sorts of cars. This is marketed as a dedicated sim with one class of cars (2 max with GT4’s coming). While that’s perfect for us sim racers, not so much for the general audience. I hope it does well though as I like Kunos and what they’re trying to do. As Aris said, this may have issues at the mo, but there is nothing like this on console right now or ever has been in terms of realism. Power to them and I hope the development team here in the UK get the issues sorted ASAP.

Race 07 was a Sim that got released on Xbox 360( Race Pro). Also had frame rate issues which Simbin never fixed.

Also a lot of PC users had issues with frames in this title. Kunos didn’t ever really fix them either.
Most ended up upgrading to better hardware.

Last edited:
Back