Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

Xbox One X gameplay (rain/day, night transition):

Looks great and, all seems great, except for the same pretty bad stutter in curves, seems same on all consoles.

Needs really to be fixed for sure, hope they can otherwise I'd personally wait then. You can see the rumble strips really stutter badly. There's no question about it. Still have 2 weeks on ps4 to see if it will be fixed before the end of the preorder bonus at least.
Or i might wait to see the progression with updates later on, and if still not improved then hope for ps5 version same as pc version or at least fixed.

One little thing that looks bit weak too is the headlights, not sure if on pc at max settings if same, but it is in the rain too, maybe makes it look like that more.

Yes, there's still a bit of stuttering. Considering it's raining, playing at 4k and with additional graphics enhancements compared to base versions, seems there's room for a performance option running at 1080p, with lower graphic settings and draw distance but at 60FPS (or close to that or at least rock solid locked 30 FPS). Would love to see it but i'm getting this one on launch no matter what. I do hope they consider a patch/improvements here because this game does deserve them.

Yes, there's still a bit of stuttering. Considering it's raining, playing at 4k and with additional graphics enhancements compared to base versions, seems there's room for a performance option running at 1080p, with lower graphic settings and draw distance but at 60FPS (or close to that or at least rock solid locked 30 FPS). Would love to see it but i'm getting this one on launch no matter what.
Yeah, ..unless they expect to be able to optimize it to be smooth and no stutter at all soon, it be pretty silly to set it like this instead of lower settings for smooth gameplay. I mean even on my small cell screen it's obvious, can't imagine near a big tv.
They must be expecting to be able too on all consoles even, but especially on the higher specs ones.

This guy gives me hope. Unless he's a serious plant I cant imagine why he would candy coat a crappy play experience.
I watched his 3 hour stream on PS4 Pro, and when he was disappointed in something, he said so - like online multiplayer being more jagged than offline, darkness at night with no hi-beam headlights, lag at times, etc.
I got the impression it runs better offline than online.

Crazy how obsessed I am. I just keep looking for different videos. The stupid game comes out tomorrow.

My son has a sleep over, otherwise Id be playing The Last Of Us. Im borrowing a friends PS4. Id love to try GT if I had a wheel setup for it.

Here's another one for Xbox One X (joypad):

Noticed the pilot still turns the wheel at light speed in cockpit view like in the original Assetto Corsa...

Here's another one for Xbox One X (joypad):

Noticed the pilot still turns the wheel at light speed in cockpit view like in the original Assetto Corsa...

Wow, that *Snap* is distracting!

Got my PS4 copy today playing on PS4 Pro. First off I’m really enjoying it though you definitely notice the 30fps, still completely playable and enjoyable though in my opinion.

First tried it with game pad and surprised how easy it is compared to AC on the game pad. Then tried the CSL elite and my gawd these physics are incredible!! You can really feel the tyres and aero at work. Again the car feel a lot easier to drive but I’ve only driven the McLaren thus far.

Bad side of things there is way more lag, it’s less noticeable driving in dash cam with no wheel visible. Found it a bit harder to catch the car sometimes because of the lag but my tv is pretty laggy anyway. YMMV. Also a tiny bit of motion sickness due to the FPS but I’m very prone to motion sickness. I’m confident that I will get used to the FPS.

Also I can’t access multiplayer at all. Apparently no players so I’m hoping this isn’t region specific. I’m in Australia.

Hope the patch has some good improvements in it. Really want to see this at 1800p and HDR (hopefully).

Got my PS4 copy today playing on PS4 Pro. First off I’m really enjoying it though you definitely notice the 30fps, still completely playable and enjoyable though in my opinion.

First tried it with game pad and surprised how easy it is compared to AC on the game pad. Then tried the CSL elite and my gawd these physics are incredible!! You can really feel the tyres and aero at work. Again the car feel a lot easier to drive but I’ve only driven the McLaren thus far.

Bad side of things there is way more lag, it’s less noticeable driving in dash cam with no wheel visible. Found it a bit harder to catch the car sometimes because of the lag but my tv is pretty laggy anyway. YMMV. Also a tiny bit of motion sickness due to the FPS but I’m very prone to motion sickness. I’m confident that I will get used to the FPS.

Also I can’t access multiplayer at all. Apparently no players so I’m hoping this isn’t region specific. I’m in Australia.

Hope the patch has some good improvements in it. Really want to see this at 1800p and HDR (hopefully).

how does it feel on controller vs something like gt sport or f1 2019? debating getting this but I don't have a wheel

how does it feel on controller vs something like gt sport or f1 2019? debating getting this but I don't have a wheel

I only tried the 720s with the controller and it was probably close to GTsport in how easy I could control the car, compared to AC I’d be lucky to finish a lap without spinning. Did a race at 85 too and was easy to make manoeuvres around the ai.

Never tried F1 with controller so can’t compare. I have a feeling some cars will be more difficult with a controller though. The Porsche on Bathurst for instance was actually quite challenging even with a wheel. But yes I think you’d have fun especially if you’re good on a controller. I’m pretty average on the controller and was having a lot of fun.

Update: Did a bunch of laps in the 720s on Mt Panorama and I’m loving it. The biggest bother for me so far is the input lag which may take some getting used to. Like I said my tv is pretty laggy though. Noticed few weird frame drops when changing gear coming out of the pits but otherwise not too bad and steady FPS on the pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Did a bunch of laps in the 720s on Mt Panorama and I’m loving it. The biggest bother for me so far is the input lag which may take some getting used to. Like I said my tv is pretty laggy though. Noticed few weird frame drops when changing gear coming out of the pits but otherwise not too bad and steady FPS on the pro.

have you tried adjusting the smoothing settings in the TV? I generally run mine in game mode where it has no noticable lag on modern type games. But I can switch various things off and on without turning them ALL on and getting a lot of lag in it. I'll be trying that when I get the game. I'll probably put it in 100hz with some medium frame smoothening or something like that. How is Bathurst for bumps and so on that's track I'll be on 90% of time

I'm a bit confused, why does it say other places that the release date for the IGTC pack is july 23 when you are already racing on Bathurst? :)

Yeah I'm hearing great things about the Xbox one X version!
Showing the same stutter as the PS4 and Pro. The stutter would seem to be an engine problem - not a console performance problem.

pre orders get it free and on psn its free for 1st 2 weeks...
The DLC has not arrived in the UK Store yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit confused, why does it say other places that the release date for the IGTC pack is july 23 when you are already racing on Bathurst? :)
I don't remember seeing this as being the case. Even in their Community FAQ, I got the impression it would be readily available (for pre-orders at least).

Back