Assetto Corsa Competizione Hands-On Preview

I like it very much...
More precisely...great handling, like AC was, nicer graphics, excellent sounds.
I have i7 3770@4.4, Nvidia 1060 6gb, and 16 GB RAM ... Everything on max settings ... Running smoothly

Last edited:
Great preview Michael. I'm very much looking forward to this if and when it comes to consoles. Everything I've seen so far looks great and I was very impressed with my hands on time at Spa.

Interested that playing with a controller now seems possible. Have a wheel for PS4, but no way to move that towards the location of the PC (or the other way around :-) ).

I'm loving ACC as I'm still loving AC as well.

In this first EA release, it is still not possible to let a car roll downhill when the car is standing still (put it in neutral of course). You have to give the car a notch and then it starts rolling on its own (in neutral of course).
This is the same as in AC. pCars, for instance, does it right.

I'm loving ACC as I'm still loving AC as well.

In this first EA release, it is still not possible to let a car roll downhill when the car is standing still (put it in neutral of course). You have to give the car a notch and then it starts rolling on its own (in neutral of course).
This is the same as in AC. pCars, for instance, does it right.

This is something I don't care if they simulate or not, to be honest.

According to Aristotelis from Kunos, this is as designed (the slow speed physics thing). It solves a lot of problems he said and it doesn't interfere with 99.99% of the situations.

This is as intended. When you stop the car, the brakes are activated. Solves a lot of problems, like stop moving before start, on the pits, not finishing in the middle of the track if you abandon the car outside, etc etc etc. Doesn't bother 99.99% of situations and solves lot's of problems.

Back