Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot and Video Thread

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Saw a couple of shots that were lifted from the recent livestream interview and thought it was a good idea to start a dedicated thread for screenshots and videos for this new game. Post at will, there won't be any rhyme or reason here, but it would probably help to avoid doubleposting by checking back a page or two and see if your "new" pic has been posted already. I'd like to keep the discussion to a minimum if we can so the thread doesn't get filled up with a lot of back and forth and it's nice and short and easy to find the pics and videos. Here we go:)

Reveal Trailer, available in 4K:

Courtesy of Mantasisg 2 from the official forum:
mWOmQzU.jpg

nrn8ZZU.jpg

Direct from Kunos:
assetto-corsa-competizione.jpg

Assetto-Corsa-Competizione-preview-screenshot-4.jpg

Oh man, I'm all sorts of stupid. That far off group of white trailers, campers & tents - looking at it quickly I saw the dark fence in front of them and I don't know why but I thought that was another section of track. :dunce: :lol: So, I'm sitting here scratching my heading thinking, "What the heck circuit has 3 section of track so close like that?" Geez. Sleep deprivation...it sucks.

Oh man, I'm all sorts of stupid. That far off group of white trailers, campers & tents - looking at it quickly I saw the dark fence in front of them and I don't know why but I thought that was another section of track. :dunce: :lol: So, I'm sitting here scratching my heading thinking, "What the heck circuit has 3 section of track so close like that?" Geez. Sleep deprivation...it sucks.
It just looks so much better in that screenshot compared to the vanilla Assetto Corsa that you didn't recognize it.:sly:

Your not so stupid, they're parked on the rally cross track. :lol:

As Brian mentioned, BH does have a rally course as well which goes along that section.

I know the game is in very early stages so I'm not nitpicking, you can see the buildings still look poor and cars are casting light without the headlamps being on etc. However it goes to show how well a good lighting model and post processing effects can fool you (in a good way), I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't sitting there looking for it. Can't wait to use this physics engine with those graphics, talk about immersive.

I had absolutely no idea who Nicki Thiim was until someone posted a video or two from his YouTube channel. "Sup guys? Baaaam!" <--- Greatest VLOG intro ever. He is now my favorite driver in all of GT3 motorsport. Not knowing any other names has nothing to do with it. :sly: :D No, seriously...I really am going to root for him - he seems about as whacked out as I am. Baaaam!

EDIT: Forgot to say...Skip to almost the 9 minute mark and see our hero Pankykapus chilling in the Aston Martin.

I had absolutely no idea who Nicki Thiim was until someone posted a video or two from his YouTube channel. "Sup guys? Baaaam!" <--- Greatest VLOG intro ever. He is now my favorite driver in all of GT3 motorsport. Not knowing any other names has nothing to do with it. :sly: :D No, seriously...I really am going to root for him - he seems about as whacked out as I am. Baaaam!

EDIT: Forgot to say...Skip to almost the 9 minute mark and see our hero Pankykapus chilling in the Aston Martin.
Get ready for lots of this:lol::lol::

I'm sure most of you have read at least one of my rants against Rain being necessary in the follow-up to AC... I'm still not convinced I'll ever use Rain when I drive in AC, but I have to admit that it looks really cool on the Audi engine cover. The pavement looks pretty good too.

The first two shots in post #12 are real photographs, or? @Johnnypenso
I'm serious btw.
I'm not sure, opinion is split on the matter. I'm leaving on holiday tomorrow so if someone wants to take up the task of contacting the author of the article to find out that would be great.

This one is definitely an in game pic. A couple of the trees are repeating, although they are arranged differently. The pink rumble strip... I don't see any tell tale signs of it being from the sim. I'm not going to say it isn't, but I'm not ruling it out either.

Still... this is a good disagreement to have. I hope the real important parts of the sim is as convincing as this pic.

The pink rumble strip... I don't see any tell tale signs of it being from the sim. I'm not going to say it isn't, but I'm not ruling it out either.
Agreed. There's just too much detail in that picture. Probably not from the sim.

Those Paul Richard screenshots are real photos.

Kunos was scanning the track that weekend (you can see this Photo with the laserscan van in one of the DrivingItalia interview)

ric2.jpg.2d5a8bfe4cae1accc231aef56af7985c.jpg

New batch of Brands Hatch pics looking great. Nice to see dry weather shots haha.
I hope they will keep the 2D trees to a minimum and only use them behind the 3D trees.
Textures look nice and crisp indeed. Could be a few more spectators though.
Visuals wise it's really important to nail the lighting, sun and intensity of light sources. These area can do so much for your game, even if other things are not super top notch. But if the lighting is off, then even the best assets, models and texture detail do not help.
I also hope for a very clean, sharp look. Please no blurry filters whatsoever. And gotta keep flickering and nervous edges to a minimum. I feel like PCars2 for example suffers from quite a bit of nervous overall image, its too noisy even with antialiasing on. System requirements would be nice to know at some point too.

Oh and: Roughly 1,5 months only until we might see the game for the first time in motion (22.6). Or do you guys think it will be shown at E3?

Last edited:
Back