Assetto Corsa Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack Arrives October 31 on Consoles

B.K
The current 2017 F1 cars are much faster than the 2004 Generation. On some tracks a lot faster, some less, depends.
The fact that the fastest lap times at the moment come from the F2004 is probably due to the fact that its much easier to drive and find the limit than with the F1 2017.

I was a big fan of the NA era, especially the V10 era where Honda once reached 22.000 rpm at Malaysia if i remember correctly. But I just cant hear the whining about the current generation anymore. People always find something to complain about. At the end of the day its only about wheel 2 wheel racing. The current cars look amazing with almost 1000 HP. The whining about sound is ridiculous, since racing isnt only about sound. During the NA era the drivers almost never had to correct the steering at corner exit. Since the Turbo Era the drivers have much more work to do and you see counter steering and drifts a lot due to more torque and higher corner speeds.

This. I've just got the DLC pack and driven the two cars over the last two days, and there's no doubt the 2017 car can be faster but its harder to get it to do so. The F2004 is just fantastic though, within just a few laps of Spa and a quick race at Silverstone against the AI it has become my all-time favourite car in any driving game/sim. It feels faster than the SF70H even in places where its not...

I must be the only one not enjoying the F2004 all that much. The grooved tires feel odd in corners and the TC system ruins the challenge and excitement for me. Maybe I should try switching it off, but I'll probably wait until Kunos fixes the crash to desktop when entering its driveline setup. I need to set a longer top gear for this car.

Also remember that plenty of things have changed since 2004. Here in Australia the push has been on for many years to have a twilight-night GP and that means the cars are running later and later on the track in the afternoon. Merc and the SF70 now get barely a moment in darkened conditions, not to mention a cooling track temperature to try to beat the 2004 lap record. It is not a fair comparison.

Last edited:
The drag strip is kind of goofy, but at least it's a way to test. For instance, my reaction times suck compared to when I was a more youthful lad, so when I drag race with the standard Christmas lights I get murdered head to head and my times don't report too well either. However, I have an app that doesn't start timing until the split second my hoopty starts moving. So I can figure fairly accurate 0-60 times, 1/8 mi & 1/4 mi times & trap and it also can record different braking data.

I don't care for Trento because it's just back and forth, back and forth to me. I have a ton of hillclimb tracks, but I do not drive this one. I heard they didn't include it also because it's lesser quality in the GFX department.

It is and I've tried a few settings to no avail. Which setting would recommend for better top speed?

Well not tried it myself yet to be honest, but I would try adjusting the final drive setting.

Maybe someone who has tried adjusting the ratios could chime in with some help on this?

Update for Xbox players:

"Hi - Just to keep you all in the loop... We have entered submission with a potential fix for the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack on Xbox One. Hopefully this process won't take too long!"

Update for Xbox players:

"Hi - Just to keep you all in the loop... We have entered submission with a potential fix for the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack on Xbox One. Hopefully this process won't take too long!"

It’s almost been a week and this problem still isn’t fixed yet. They should refund people’s money back and let them keep the DLC pack. That won’t be fair to PC and PS4 customers though, I guess.

It’s almost been a week and this problem still isn’t fixed yet. They should refund people’s money back and let them keep the DLC pack. That won’t be fair to PC and PS4 customers though, I guess.

I think it's really Microsoft fault. It seems every patch for every game takes longer with XBOX.

Kunos fixed whatever they needed to fix and it's already in submission. I guess It's a small patch so It won't take long. Always sorry to hear that our Xbox friends need to deal with this kind of issues.

@DeadHero
Yeah, it can be a bit disappointing. But the game is steadily getting better and better. I’m pleased with the results so far. Can you imagine how good Assetto Corsa 2 will be?

I think it's really Microsoft fault. It seems every patch for every game takes longer with XBOX.

I can see that, it does take longer than Sony to get the approval. But if Microsoft is doing for quality assurance then please do so.

It doesn't change the fact that some people were ripped off, for now.

That is so very true. If things like this can’t be fixed in a day or two then reimbursement should be an option from Kunos or Microsoft.

Kunos fixed whatever they needed to fix and it's already in submission. I guess It's a small patch so It won't take long. Always sorry to hear that our Xbox friends need to deal with this kind of issues.

Yeah. I just hope this doesn’t happen with the Laguna Seca free update. There are some very nice cars in that upcoming update/add-on.

Back