Assetto Corsa Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack Arrives October 31 on Consoles

I too tried it on PC PCARS 2 with a controller (DS3 to be specific) but the car just felt odd. Too stiff and timid. I tried with PC AC with the DS3 and the car feels more vibrant and more difficult to control.

Might also depend on the conditions you tested it on, that makes a massive difference in PC2. Warm/cold tyres vs track temperature. I tried the 288 GTO on Lydden Hill GP circuit on time-trial, it was seriously fun sliding it around the first corner. That was even before the 2.0 patch.
In PC2 I always use time-trial instead of practice session to test out new cars since the tyres are warmed up already and the track temperature is ideal, so you can really focus on the car itself and not worry about the tyre temps and track conditions.

I can’t really compare AC and PC2 in regards to fysics since controller steering in AC requires precision steering and doesn’t work well with tap-steering. But I’m eager to give AC some more playing time once I get my rig set up again.

Last edited:
It's slightly ironic that console players receive the SF70H right after it has been confirmed that it's definitely not going to enter the F1 hall of fame. It was not really in the cards anyway, but its potential looked more promising when voting started earlier this year. That said, I'm still too frustrated it won the poll over the 512 M. :ouch:

Seriously not going to buy another dlc for asstto should be bringing out assetto 2. Pc2 is more or less just same physics but with better graphics. While gt sport great graphics 4k but don't need a degree in physics to tune a car.. its focus is on driving style to implement sports man ship. I have got pc1 and played just the the same as I have Pc2 but hate Pc2 because loads of bug issues and stopped playing it ever since gt sport also do have and enjoyed assetto for physics and sound but it's poor on graphics also playing online rooms are below par... this is just my opinion.... 4k TV ps pro and thurstmaster rs 500

I disagree that PC2 is more or less the same physics as Assetto. I think Assetto is way more refined. I quit PC2 like you... too many bugs. And inconsistent physics for each car. Started playing GT Sport and am enjoying it. But I'm happy to get back to Assetto just to try out this pack. AC has hands down the best physics on any console.

New special events as well after installing the patch for the 70th anni Ferrari pack. The DLC itself isn’t on the store yet though, gotta wait until tomorrow I guess.

Will have to pick up this pack when I get home tonight.

7 more vehicles for my drive every Car on Every track series which is starting to run low now.

The game does not recognise having bought the DLC. Even powering off my Xbox and restarting it didn’t help. Clicking on a DLC car brings me to the Xbox store where I can see I already bought the 70th anni Ferrari pack.

I guess they’ll have to fix this again, something similar happened in 2016. Will report it at the official forum.

I experienced a problem with the F1 2004 at Monza. When i go into the car settings the games crashes. Had it 2 times.
Furthermore the 812 Superfast has on track not the same colors like in the car selection. And some other color bugs.

But so far amazing DLC, the best in my opinion.
The F1 2017, F1 2004 and 812 are just amazing.

I had a quick go before I went to bed. Thankfully the SF70H was much more drivable than the other modern Ferrari F1 in the game. I had come go the conclusion I was struggling with those cars due to the longer and wider wheel base. Seams to be the case as I have no issues with the 2017, I actually like it. ( using DS4 )

the F2004 sounds insane, loved it. Only two I tried. I noticed that unlike on the PC where you can no longer race Ferrari F1s with other F1 cars, you still can on console.

They've also fixed the bug where when the track loads, you can sometimes drive off with the door open. Me no like, it was custom for me to drive off and do burnouts with the door open.

I had a quick go before I went to bed. Thankfully the SF70H was much more drivable than the other modern Ferrari F1 in the game. I had come go the conclusion I was struggling with those cars due to the longer and wider wheel base. Seams to be the case as I have no issues with the 2017, I actually like it. ( using DS4 )

the F2004 sounds insane, loved it. Only two I tried. I noticed that unlike on the PC where you can no longer race Ferrari F1s with other F1 cars, you still can on console.

On standard PS4 I get bad framerates to the point where I cannot enjoy the game when driving these two new F1 cars. Even when I'm the only car on track the framerate feels sluggish as soon as I pick up speed. I noticed it on Imola and Nürburgring GP. Anyone else? I wonder if the modelling standard of the new cars hasn't been optimized for console performance.

Also why can't I get the SF70H to go well above 300 km/h with full KERS and DRS enabled? Not an issue in the F138 and SF15-T, but the 2017 car should be the fastest.

On standard PS4 I get bad framerates to the point where I cannot enjoy the game when driving these two new F1 cars. Even when I'm the only car on track the framerate feels sluggish as soon as I pick up speed. I noticed it on Imola and Nürburgring GP. Anyone else? I wonder if the modelling standard of the new cars hasn't been optimized for consoles performance.

Also why can't I get the SF70H to go well above 300 km/h with full KERS and DRS enabled? Not an issue in the F138 and SF15-T, but the 2017 car should be the fastest.
Haven't tried them enough to see frame rate issues, literally just a couple laps. But generally I rarely see frame rate drops, I only ever see them in the most extreme cases ( all 16 cars at the same corner), but even then its quite infrequent. I'm pretty susceptible to frame rate issues too and all that other stuff that's gives headaches.

One thing I did notice though in the F2004 at Monza. The AI really struggle on the first corner, they all negotiated their way through at a snails pace. Don't know if it was a one off but if someone else checks it then we will see.

I managed to get more speed out of the SF70H. I noticed that it's best to upshift gears when the steering wheel lights turn blue so that the hybrid system works most efficiently. The HUD shows the rev limit of the engine, but using that for shifting reference won't make it go as fast as it can. I noticed the same quirk with the Audi R18.

Haven't tried them enough to see frame rate issues, literally just a couple laps. But generally I rarely see frame rate drops, I only ever see them in the most extreme cases ( all 16 cars at the same corner), but even then its quite infrequent. I'm pretty susceptible to frame rate issues too and all that other stuff that's gives headaches.

I think TOD was the culprit. Early morning and late afternoon hours can add this sunny glow to the environments and I suppose this was too much when acclerating these modern F1 machines. Maybe the refresh rate of my display is part of the problem as I often find my games becoming somewhat sluggish when colors and contrasts stand out in combination with fast-paced action (maybe a LED backlight setting I need to adjust). Anyway, I just drove the F2004 and SF70H again in the more neutral midday conditions and the frames seemed smoother.

One thing I did notice though in the F2004 at Monza. The AI really struggle on the first corner, they all negotiated their way through at a snails pace. Don't know if it was a one off but if someone else checks it then we will see.

I also find that the AI cannot drive the F2004. Saw it constantly spinning out at Brands Hatch.

Bought the pack... Not working.

Looks like I'm not alone.

That's kind of annoying.

Kind of annoying? I'd probably die from disappointment.

It what state is Assetto Corsa on the PS4 (Pro) currently? I remember having read that the console versions performing much worse than the PC version. I‘m using a wheel, so controller problems aren‘t an issue. Is it worth getting it compared to GT Sport?

Assetto Corsa is a great game. Very challenging, huge details and sensations in physics and Force feedback, very good graphics and sounds.

GTS is less rude, more pulished in little details about physics and driving sensations, not evident at the first try but you get connected to the handling and invited to push your limits pushing your skills and concentration. Graphics and sounds are magic in GTS.

Assetto feels heavier and slower in reactions and in weigth transfers but it's very inmersive overall and it worth getting it.

It depends of your preferences... or get both :)

I drive with a wheel, no problem at all with Assetto, great feel with my wheel with it.

It's slightly ironic that console players receive the SF70H right after it has been confirmed that it's definitely not going to enter the F1 hall of fame. It was not really in the cards anyway, but its potential looked more promising when voting started earlier this year. That said, I'm still too frustrated it won the poll over the 512 M. :ouch:
The SF70H is not the best of this pack I think. The car feels sluggish and the shifting seems to be completely messed up... many times I found myself going around a corner in gear 6 when I should've been in gear 3. This is with Automatic. Jamming the accelerator when at a standstill seems to cause the car to stall and not be able to accelerate as fast as other F1 cars in the game. I don't know if these are features, as I haven't seen this car perform in reality, but I certainly don't like the SF70H and think the community made a bad choice choosing it over the other options.

The jewels of this pack are the GTO and F2004 I think.

The SF70H is not the best of this pack I think. The car feels sluggish and the shifting seems to be completely messed up... many times I found myself going around a corner in gear 6 when I should've been in gear 3. This is with Automatic. Jamming the accelerator when at a standstill seems to cause the car to stall and not be able to accelerate as fast as other F1 cars in the game. I don't know if these are features, as I haven't seen this car perform in reality, but I certainly don't like the SF70H and think the community made a bad choice choosing it over the other options.

The jewels of this pack are the GTO and F2004 I think.
What do you have the MKU-H set to?

As that will affect the performance of the SF70H quite a bit.

Can't help in regard to the gear issue as I always use manual and its not got an issue with that.

What do you have the MKU-H set to?

As that will affect the performance of the SF70H quite a bit.

Can't help in regard to the gear issue as I always use manual and its not got an issue with that.
I have it set to 30%.

The F2004 sounds insane, loved it. Only two I tried. I noticed that unlike on the PC where you can no longer race Ferrari F1s with other F1 cars, you still can on console.
PC Players can remedy this. If you go into your cars directory: \cars\ks_ferrari_f2004, for example, go into the sub folder \ui\. You will see a couple of .json files. You need to edit both files. Open them up in Notepad++ and at the very top you'll see name, brand & description about the car. Underneath that you should see:
Code:
    "tags": ["#F2004", "rwd", "race", "sequential", "gp", "singleseater", "italy"],
    "onlywith": ["ks_ferrari_f138","ks_ferrari_sf15t","ks_ferrari_f2004","ks_ferrari_sf70h"],
    "class": "race",
    "specs":
Go ahead and delete that second line completely. You should be left with:
Code:
    "tags": ["#F2004", "rwd", "race", "sequential", "gp", "singleseater", "italy"],
    "class": "race",
    "specs":

Save the files and you're all done. Remember to do it to both .json files. As you can see, that was the code that allowed the Ferrari F2004 to only race with any combination of the 4 available modern Formula 1 cars from Ferrari.

They've also fixed the bug where when the track loads, you can sometimes drive off with the door open. Me no like, it was custom for me to drive off and do burnouts with the door open.
That's hilarious. :lol: :cheers:

Okay...I see that some of you guys have driven the Ferrari 288 GTO. Yet, I haven't seen a single comment regarding that insane stock transmission gearing. Have you noticed it's almost impossible to need to put the car into 5th gear? Heck, on a lot of twisty tracks 4th gear is rare to be needed.

What do you guys think about the Ferrari 250 GTO? I love cruising around in that thing like a civilized person and then drop it down to 3rd, let's say, and floor it. When that engine hits 5000 RPM I practically get goosebumps. I really think you guys should all chip in and buy me one of those IRL for Christmas this year. :D :lol:

Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply! After your impressions I‘m much more interested in getting it at some point. In what ways would you say the driving and FFB is much improved when compared to GT Sport?

It's just more realistic, in depth, and detailed in both ways. Not to say GT Sport is bad, but AC is just a level higher than anything else on consoles when it comes to these 2 things. You can really feel the difference in the way the cars are being simulated. Definitely the tires as well.

You'll feel what I mean right away probably but at the same time, AC and GT Sport aren't that far apart. They actually have a similar feel overall generally. The differences start to come when you're really pushing for fast lap times. In GT I feel you're rewarded for driving aggressively but in AC, driving aggressively will usually make you slower. Being smooth is the first priority in AC to be fast I think. Though I'm not a very fast driver in AC so I could be wrong but at least that's my experience with it.

Everything in this new Ferrari pack feels so slow... probably shouldn’t have started out with the F2004! The Zonda R feels slow after a few laps in that warp tunnel.

I really love the F2004. It’s what I have in my head as a proper F1 car. Screaming 19k RPM V10, steering wheel, gas pedal, brake, gear change buttons, THATS IT. No thinking about boosting and regenerating and drag reducing. Holy cow is it a breath of fresh air.

I crashed the 250 GTO hard on my first lap out with it slipping on some curb. Restarted, crashed again somewhere else. Even though it’s just some 1’s and 0’s in a computer, I get this sick feeling like I just burned a van Gogh :lol:

Assetto feels heavier and slower in reactions and in weigth transfers but it's very inmersive overall and it worth getting it.

Odd. My only real gripe with AC physics is that I'm finding weight transfer to be too fast and forgiving.

The SF70H is not the best of this pack I think. The car feels sluggish and the shifting seems to be completely messed up... many times I found myself going around a corner in gear 6 when I should've been in gear 3.

Switch to manual and thank me later. Maybe the problem you mention there has something to do with something I mentioned yesterday. Upshifting in the SF70H needs to be done when the lights on the steering wheel turn blue and not when the RPMs hit the rev limiter. Two points far apart on the RPM slope of this car. Upshifting in sync with the blue lights on the steering wheel has something to do with maximizing the performance of the KERS system, and thereby getting most speed out of the car. I've tested it because I also found the gearing strange at first.

I'm pretty sure the automatic shifting assist is programmed to shift at the engine rev limiter for every car. Also, AC has one of the worst automatic shifting assists I've ever tried. Going manual is a worthy investment for every sim racer.

Okay...I see that some of you guys have driven the Ferrari 288 GTO. Yet, I haven't seen a single comment regarding that insane stock transmission gearing. Have you noticed it's almost impossible to need to put the car into 5th gear? Heck, on a lot of twisty tracks 4th gear is rare to be needed.

I would probably have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up the other day. My first impression of the default final ratio setting was like: "Good god, ALB123 was right all along :ill:..."

It does seem a bit strange how the car lives most of its life in 2nd and 3rd gear, but the F40 really isn't much different. The two cars are spiritual siblings after all, but I quickly started using the second of the three final ratio settings available on the 288 GTO. It distributes more balance into the gearing, but still nothing that brings the fifth gear into the mix very often.

One thing I have noticed about the 288 GTO is an unforgiving brake pedal. On most classic non-ABS cars I can usually modulate braking input without locking up the wheels, but on this car it's quite easy to lock up when missing braking points by few tenths of a second.

What do you guys think about the Ferrari 250 GTO? I love cruising around in that thing like a civilized person and then drop it down to 3rd, let's say, and floor it. When that engine hits 5000 RPM I practically get goosebumps. I really think you guys should all chip in and buy me one of those IRL for Christmas this year. :D :lol:

Definitely a real workhorse but I guess its reputation as the world's most expensive car doesn't it many favors in terms of actual qualities. No doubt a fine vintage machine but arguably overrated among collectors despite historical significance and original rarity. In short, I'm fine with the fact that I got a simulated example for about $1 and didn't forge out $52.000.000 for the real deal, especially when I cannot keep up with a Porsche Panamera down the main straight.

By the way, which one of the 250 GTO racing liveries is the most famous or legendary?

Last edited:
Odd. My only real gripe with AC physics is that I'm finding weight transfer to be too fast and forgiving.

IMO, in Assetto, the weight transfer laterally is too slow and have too much influence, makes too much instability, even on straight line if you try to equilibrate the balance after a wheel input there is too much time to wait from the second wheel input for the car reaction, kind of a lag in the car physics between two opposite wheel inputs.

Longitudinally is too much exagerated while braking and too small at accelerations, AC physics is very forgiving when you put abruptly your right foot down... even with some wheel input and TC off in most of cases cars don't slip at all (neither stress) nor go down too much in the rear axle.

Last edited:
@Nielsen Excellent analysis of both GTOs. I love the 250 GTO. I think it's absolutely gorgeous, at least externally. Should it be fetching the prices they usually do? No way. I'm not saying rare, awesome cars can't trade for $40M-$50M, but there should probably be some other models fitting the bill before the 250 GTO. I always drive #22 because that's the 250 GTO that Nick Mason, drummer in Pink Floyd and huge petrolhead, currently owns. I love the fact that he actually uses his machines - no matter how much they're worth. It must be crazy to see him pull up to some posh restaurant in London on a Saturday night driving a $40,000,000+ vehicle. "Keep it out front, please..." :lol: He races it at Goodwood. Hillclimb and Revival, although I think he's been letting others pilot the car now that he's into his 70s.

Hmm. I just took it for a 3 lap spin around Brands Hatch to see about the brake pedal. Honestly, I didn't find it to be quite so unforgiving, however, I will admit that on cars without ABS I probably brake too early as a bad habit and maybe that's why I have the opinion I do. At this point, I decided to take out the F40 on Brands Hatch as before posting this reply. I think you may be on to something about the 280 GTO brake pedal. I seem to have considerable more travel with the F40 allowing for a nice, progressive squeezing of the brake pads. Strange, I never noticed that about the 280 GTO until now. :boggled:

EDIT: There's #22 in my avatar. I had forgotten about that. :lol:

Back