Assetto Corsa Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack Arrives October 31 on Consoles

That's nice. How about some more tracks to drive them on? Any news on that front?
There's Laguna Seca coming for free before the end of the year.

B.K
Definitely gonna buy!
8$ is ridiculous for that amount of quality.
Was very satisfied with previous packs.
The level of detail in the DLCs was outstanding.

We need more NA Ferraris. F12 Berlinetta, 458 Speciale, blind buy.
Totally agree on both points.

Seriously not going to buy another dlc for asstto should be bringing out assetto 2. Pc2 is more or less just same physics but with better graphics. While gt sport great graphics 4k but don't need a degree in physics to tune a car.. its focus is on driving style to implement sports man ship. I have got pc1 and played just the the same as I have Pc2 but hate Pc2 because loads of bug issues and stopped playing it ever since gt sport also do have and enjoyed assetto for physics and sound but it's poor on graphics also playing online rooms are below par... this is just my opinion.... 4k TV ps pro and thurstmaster rs 500

It what state is Assetto Corsa on the PS4 (Pro) currently? I remember having read that the console versions performing much worse than the PC version. I‘m using a wheel, so controller problems aren‘t an issue. Is it worth getting it compared to GT Sport?

"well that was quick"

Well maybe not as quick as it seems. Kunos actually announced the submission last thursday. GTP's article came a few days later. Not that a week and a half is bad, it's about the norm assuming a patch doesn't get rejected, which is a good thing.

It what state is Assetto Corsa on the PS4 (Pro) currently? I remember having read that the console versions performing much worse than the PC version. I‘m using a wheel, so controller problems aren‘t an issue. Is it worth getting it compared to GT Sport?

It performs and looks great compared to PC. I have both and my PC can easily run it at max settings 1440p at 60 fps and I still barely notice any difference at all when going back to the PS4 version. Sometimes it almost seems like the PS4 has less aliasing, which shouldn't be the case at all but maybe PS4 uses a different form of AA that does better in covering up shimmering by adding a bit of blur. There are drops with a full field but minimal. I don't even notice them at all. With PS4 Pro there are even less drops.

It doesn't look or run as good as GT Sport but the driving and FFB is much better. The car list is better too. I'm playing more GT Sport now. I love it, but AC is still the undisputed king of console sims.

"well that was quick"

Well maybe not as quick as it seems. Kunos actually announced the submission last thursday. GTP's article came a few days later. Not that a week and a half is bad, it's about the norm assuming a patch doesn't get rejected, which is a good thing.

It performs and looks great compared to PC. I have both and my PC can easily run it at max settings 1440p at 60 fps and I still barely notice any difference at all when going back to the PS4 version. Sometimes it almost seems like the PS4 has less aliasing, which shouldn't be the case at all but maybe PS4 uses a different form of AA that does better in covering up shimmering by adding a bit of blur. There are drops with a full field but minimal. I don't even notice them at all. With PS4 Pro there are even less drops.

It doesn't look or run as good as GT Sport but the driving and FFB is much better. The car list is better too. I'm playing more GT Sport now. I love it, but AC is still the undisputed king of console sims.

Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply! After your impressions I‘m much more interested in getting it at some point. In what ways would you say the driving and FFB is much improved when compared to GT Sport?

I cannot speak for PS4 as I play the game on Xbox- but I can confirm that the game is a huge improvement from 12 months ago. It has (for me anyway) the best handling, audio and level of in-car detail of any console game. There is light years between this game and the opposition.

The low number of tracks is probably the only slight letdown- but the cars- wow!! Kunos are on another level when it comes to a sim.

Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply! After your impressions I‘m much more interested in getting it at some point. In what ways would you say the driving and FFB is much improved when compared to GT Sport?
Assetto’s FFB is sort of like HD FFB vs GT Sport’s basic SD FFB. AC works some other effects into the steering feel that generate more of a sense of actually being in a car. Those are adjustable, but even with all FFB “special effects” turned off it’s a very communicative experience. I’m having a bit of trouble getting engaged playing GT anymore (though I did do that 10-laps of Nurb GP Sport race and came away impressed by how the tires behaved over that period.)

Honestly my biggest warning re: Assetto Corsa is don’t play it if you want to continue loving GT like it’s the one true racing game.

Looking forward to this, even though I don't play AC much anymore due to my knee injury I absolutely want to keep supporting the devs though, with only 2 real sim racing franchises on consoles (PCARS & AC) they deserve all the support then can get.

I'm a bit curious about the set release date though. Patch 2.0 for PCARS 2 was sent out ASAP by the developers, it was released on PS4 a couple of days earlier than on XBox because Sony seems to be faster than Microsoft in approving.

Now for this AC DLC there is a fixed release date, does that mean the approval is already done by both? Or at least will be done by both before the 31st? That means developers can send in an update for approval but also give a release date for it.

Now for this AC DLC there is a fixed release date, does that mean the approval is already done by both? Or at least will be done by both before the 31st? That means developers can send in an update for approval but also give a release date for it.
The update was sent to MS/Sony last week (Oct.19), and was approved for release yesterday by both of them.

I cannot speak for PS4 as I play the game on Xbox- but I can confirm that the game is a huge improvement from 12 months ago. It has (for me anyway) the best handling, audio and level of in-car detail of any console game. There is light years between this game and the opposition. The low number of tracks is probably the only slight letdown- but the cars- wow!! Kunos are on another level when it comes to a sim.
everything you mentioned is indeed way above the competition so..well said.

B.K
We need more NA Ferraris. F12 Berlinetta, 458 Speciale, blind buy.
i'll blindly (and gladly) buy a 2nd pack with some of models from the poll if they decide that producing more content for AC is still worth the time and money. guess we'll have to wait and see what their whats-in-store-for-2018 blog post will tell us.

We!l on PSN AC was £11 not so long ago, and probably due another sale soon on that or the season pass. So might be worth waiting to see what the next 2 or 3 sales bring.

The update was sent to MS/Sony last week (Oct.19), and was approved for release yesterday by both of them.
I believe it was approved before yesterday, really. Marco M posted a link to the pack a few days ago with the comment "Confirmed" so I recon it was approved days ago but Kunos had to tie a few things up their end before announcing it.

i'll blindly (and gladly) buy a 2nd pack with some of models from the poll if they decide that producing more content for AC is still worth the time and money. guess we'll have to wait and see what their whats-in-store-for-2018 blog post will tell us.

I would buy it too, but as far as i know Kunos will start to work on AC2 after the Laguna Seca Update. Maybe im wrong, dont know.
This doesnt exclude more DLCs of course, but i guess they re slowly preparing to focus on AC2.
Anyway, im gonna buy whatever they realease, the quality is top notch.

B.K
I would buy it too, but as far as i know Kunos will start to work on AC2 after the Laguna Seca Update. Maybe im wrong, dont know.
This doesnt exclude more DLCs of course, but i guess they re slowly preparing to focus on AC2.
Anyway, im gonna buy whatever they realease, the quality is top notch.
They're kinda working on it now really. If you consider they are researching tech to use. Marco asked a question about awesome graphics vs not having dynamic weather ala GTS a few days ago. Clearly they are brainstorming, and as you say it seams plausible the Laguna update could be the last as far as anything major.

For some reason, Kunos likes their releases to drop on Tuesdays or so it seems that way in PC land.

I'll be grabbing some popcorn that day to see what kind of hilarity ensues when people drive the 288 for the first time. :D

Word of warning: The '84 GTO will have you addicted. Such a fun ride.

A little preview of all that fun :)

Now it's a PCARS 2 vs AC comparison video in VR, the guy of this channel did several of these videos usually resulting in a conclusion that in both games the car feels great and there isn't a real winner. I believe he did the BMW M4 and the KTM X-Bow R as well.

I played the GTO a bit with the controller in PCARS 2 and this is a car you instantly love. :) Once I have my XBox One X I will move my base XBox back to my sim racing rig and will give using a wheel and pedals a try again, see how it goes with the knee injury (my rig has been abandoned for over a year). First game I will play back with the wheel is in fact AC since that injury happened shortly after I bought the game so I haven't even played much AC. :( Tried it with a controller but for a tap-steering controller person it didn't work very well.

As with any DLC pack for a racing game I will start with my least anticipated car and finish with my most wanted. I'm having trouble ranking these new Ferraris though. Hmmm.

Much thinking required!
For me:
1. 812 at Mugello
2. F1 2004 at Spa
3. 250 GTO at Highlands
4. 288 GTO at Black Cat County
5. 330 P4 at Nordschleife

Still not sure about 312 or SF70H :confused:

A little preview of all that fun :)

Now it's a PCARS 2 vs AC comparison video in VR, the guy of this channel did several of these videos usually resulting in a conclusion that in both games the car feels great and there isn't a real winner. I believe he did the BMW M4 and the KTM X-Bow R as well.

I played the GTO a bit with the controller in PCARS 2 and this is a car you instantly love. :) Once I have my XBox One X I will move my base XBox back to my sim racing rig and will give using a wheel and pedals a try again, see how it goes with the knee injury (my rig has been abandoned for over a year). First game I will play back with the wheel is in fact AC since that injury happened shortly after I bought the game so I haven't even played much AC. :( Tried it with a controller but for a tap-steering controller person it didn't work very well.

I too tried it on PC PCARS 2 with a controller (DS3 to be specific) but the car just felt odd. Too stiff and timid. I tried with PC AC with the DS3 and the car feels more vibrant and more difficult to control.

Back