Assetto Corsa in VRPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter r3b3ld3
  • 881 comments
  • 265,974 views
I'm 100% happy with the image quality and performance in my Reverb G2.
Same for me, plus when I tried DLSS n VR in other game that I am not 100% happy with, it made the visual worst for marginal, if any, performance gain.
 
I do have the Samsung Odyssey+ and the Reverb G2-V2, both an old generation of VR headset’s, sure both
satisfying in race/fly sims. Only I do hope I will never have the opportunity in trying the new generation of the Pimax micro-LED headsets! I know then there is no way back to the VR stone ages, but it will cost me >€1000,- and a divorce. 😎
 
I do have the Samsung Odyssey+ and the Reverb G2-V2, both an old generation of VR headset’s, sure both
satisfying in race/fly sims. Only I do hope I will never have the opportunity in trying the new generation of the Pimax micro-LED headsets! I know then there is no way back to the VR stone ages, but it will cost me >€1000,- and a divorce. 😎
The G2 seems to be the sweet spot for my hardware (RTX 4080/i9-13900). Image quality is superb, and I'm getting 90fps at night in the rain in big grid races with most things maxed and (from memory) 2.5x supersampling.
If I updated my HMD I'd probably need to upgrade my PC, but I really do not feel the need at all. Couldn't be happier with my current setup.
 
Guess the happiest gamers are the ones who do not know, because they are satisfied on what they actual have.

Same boat here, still on a i9-9900ks & mid ranged RTX5070ti! If I do have FPS difficulties/stutters in AC, then it’s caused by bad optimized mods like some converted tracks, bad apps or conflicting settings. So going for a Pimax hallelujah headset, with the necessary €5000,- RTX5090, never.

Btw for AC use, I do prefer the Samsung Odyssey+ while the Reverb G2-V2 is on the other hand, a better choice for combat flysims, like IL2 and DCS.
 
Besides the Github alternative, DLSS5 in VR seems to be also possible for Virtual Desktop users.
 
Last edited:
Hi. With the latest CSP version 3.0 634 in VR has anyone noticed lighter colour ring at the bottom part of the lense when watching replays. If so is there a setting to get rid of it. Reported it to Ilja but thought someone else may have resolved it. Many thanks.
I usually use the openxr toolkit for foveated rendering as you can adjust it " on the fly " while still in game ( don't know if you can adjust VRS in game ) to get the best ratio of the rings .

I was wondering if anyone with a VR headset that has eye tracking can test the new eye tracking option in the latest CSP build to see if it works effectively.

I'm using a Pimax Crystal light but am thinking of getting a Dream Air that has eye tracking but would appreciate any insight before I pull the trigger on the Dream Air

Thanks
 
Last edited:
How can I get OpenXR in the latest build of CSP version 3.0 634? If I disable external OpenXR, I don’t have any at all.
 
How can I get OpenXR in the latest build of CSP version 3.0 634? If I disable external OpenXR, I don’t have any at all.
Enable OpenXR in the Assetto Corsa video settings screen where it says Rendering mode .

Then adjust the settings for OpenXR in the VR section of CSP settings labeled OpenXR tweaks.

I think you have to disable OpenXR toolkit tho as my game crashes if I enable OpenXR and have the toolkit open too .
 
I usually use the openxr toolkit for foveated rendering as you can adjust it " on the fly " while still in game ( don't know if you can adjust VRS in game ) to get the best ratio of the rings .

I was wondering if anyone with a VR headset that has eye tracking can test the new eye tracking option in the latest CSP build to see if it works effectively.

I'm using a Pimax Crystal light but am thinking of getting a Dream Air that has eye tracking but would appreciate any insight before I pull the trigger on the Dream Air

Thanks
Yes I’m on a Pimax Light. I am using mine with Openxr in CM and on linier setting at 82%. Was using tool kit myself with turbo on.
It now runs like a dream. Using pure LCS with pure filter. I run on 72hz at 1.1 res in Pimax. I can now run large fields of cars. Before I struggled to run 16 without problems. Cheers.
 
Back