Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
HKS racer
LOL ok, you are right. :sly:

Did you read the red comments? Sounds very very promising!

Yeah, you'll often see me fishtailing uncontrollably after over-correcting a mistake (most of the time ending in a spin) so I'm really looking forward to this! Still, I doubt it'll fix me being a terrible driver but we'll see.

The visual "input lag" you see with the wheel is more than likely a camera trick/issue, if you check a lot of videos you will find that often enough when using a camera to film a screen it can bring up issues. Somebody can explain why it happens i'm sure, but seeing what looks like input lag in a youtube video like that does not always mean that is what you see when you're sitting there playing it.

From the description of the video:

André Böttcher is one of the top world sim.racers, competing in iRacing' F1 world series. He was kind to visit our stand at Gamescom, we have been glad to show him after hours an alpha version of Lotus Exos 125. Car is still in development, it doesn't feature yet the interactive display, physics and graphics modeling haven't been completed yet, sound samples are placeholders. Anyway, a good base setup has allowed André to run some laps on a F1 track. This video shows André in action with Assetto Corsa, featuring the D-Box motion system. This was his first test using Fanatec control devices and this motion platform. And, of course, he never tested this car before. Enjoy it..

So my dream of multiplayer Ferrari Virtual Academy may soon be near ;_;
It looks just as fun as FVA, I'm hoping even better, I just love watching this guy go, the F1 cars are going to be immense!

The only thing I don't like the look of, and I don't know if it's just me that doesn't like this, but the jolting of the camera forwards under breaking really bothers me in games. I get what they're trying to simulate with the effect but it's very off putting to me and not really like the real feeling you'd get tightly strapped into a racing car.

I think the assists we MAY have seen in earlier videos is off in this one, in this video it looks like a sim more than sim-arcade, I don't know

Yeah dude, especially seeing the oversteer coming out of the chicane on his first lap there. He really had to work it. I was thinking the same as you.

The only thing I don't like the look of, and I don't know if it's just me that doesn't like this, but the jolting of the camera forwards under breaking really bothers me in games. I get what they're trying to simulate with the effect but it's very off putting to me and not really like the real feeling you'd get tightly strapped into a racing car.

I think the assists we MAY have seen in earlier videos is off in this one, in this video it looks like a sim more than sim-arcade, I don't know

Yeah dude, especially seeing the oversteer coming out of the chicane on his first lap there. He really had to work it. I was thinking the same as you.

I'm with Simon about the exagerated G-Forces but in the bright side almost all betas out there have an option to tone them down, hopefully AC will too.
Also glad to see the game in the hands of a more capable racer and the physics beign pushed to the limits, good to see there are dynamic consequenses for the mistakes and glad to see it doesn't necessarily mean a crash once the tail comes out, looks like the earlier "compromise" comment was a possitive one!

Nothing that we know of yet...
But then again the typical GTP impression would be:
It's different than GT5, it's everything GT5 should've been... therefore GT5 is better and AC sucks!! :P

LOL at GTP impression.
About the shake and bake effect it could be customizable like in rF, where you can set it from "huge mess" to completely fixed. The only thing is most values have no UI so you need to know what you are doing when you go change stuff in these files.
Maybe Assetto Corsa will be the same? Or maybe they'll give us an UI for everything, let's see. Anyway once you know how to do it, the UI is surplus.

Anybody know if you can switch out of in car view? I really hope not. I love that about iracing and netkar. They don't let you use anything but cockpit view while driving, and that's the way it should be.

All the talk of driver aids, and drifting in AC has got me nervous. I seriously hope they're not trying to go the less simulation route. That would utterly stupid. The whole advantage of netKar Pro is that it's the most realistic sim. If they waste their talents on trying to steal people from other fanbases it will end up being a bastard child of a sim

Anybody know if you can switch out of in car view? I really hope not. I love that about iracing and netkar. They don't let you use anything but cockpit view while driving, and that's the way it should be.

All the talk of driver aids, and drifting in AC has got me nervous. I seriously hope they're not trying to go the less simulation route. That would utterly stupid. The whole advantage of netKar Pro is that it's the most realistic sim. If they waste their talents on trying to steal people from other fanbases it will end up being a bastard child of a sim

Stop acting so elitist.

I wouldn't use the word "compromise", many times we sim racers thinks having crap like car physics with crap FFB and almost zero grip in all directions = very realistic.

No that's not realism, that's just a silly sim racing clichè. As long it's not an AC Cobra, these cars should behave in a natural way. Expecially if we are talking about a modern GT3 machine with tons of grip and downforce.

Also remember what Stewart said. "GP legends was more difficoult than real life."

That is true, and I've been saying that about iracing for a long time. I love iracing, but the tire physics make it more difficult than real life. The lack of a progression from grip to no grip is a problem, and the way the cars snap out of control so easily just isn't realistic. Drifting in a sim is realistic, after all it can be easily done in certain cars in real life, not in iracing. I don't know, that's just one thing.

However, netKar is extremely difficult, but it's still the most realistic sim by far. The way the suspension responds and the way the tires grip the road is just so far and beyond any other sim available. Not to mention how the physics and cars behave in the wet conditions, it's just incredible. The only thing I think that makes it difficult is the lack of tire grip. It is more difficult than real life, but otherwise, there's no sim that even comes to its accuracy

So yes, difficulty does not equal realism, but netKar is still the benchmark despite being difficult

There's so much wrong in this post it's ridiculous.

Dies in Arma II...

... Uninstalls game and never plays it again.

Guys, drifting is not part of a real driving sim, it is a make believe fictional type of driving and should not be part of a realistic accurate driving simulator. Furthermore, driving aids are a make believe fictional type of aid that were developed to allow normal humans to turn simulations into arcade games, they are not part of real life cars or driving and should not be in a simulator. If it does not exist in the real world then it should not be in a simulator.

Oh wait....

Guys, drifting is not part of a real driving sim, it is a make believe fictional type of driving and should not be part of a realistic accurate driving simulator. Furthermore, driving aids are a make believe fictional type of aid that were developed to allow normal humans to turn simulations into arcade games, they are not part of real life cars or driving and should not be in a simulator. If it does not exist in the real world then it should not be in a simulator.

Oh wait....
Wait a second, you can actually drift in real life (need to have some skills though) if you can IRL why we shouldn't in a proper sim? Maybe your point is: drifting with simplified physics = kids using all aids even while racing = ruined pubblic online lobbies. It's a good point, but drifting can't be "unrealistic", the driving model and aids can.

Anyway while Kunos is producing a great sim they also need to try to make a living. All the stuff I've seen so far AC looks still the one with best physics.So I have no problems with aids, I can always turn them off.

Wait a second, you can actually drift in real life (need to have some skills though) if you can IRL why we shouldn't in a proper sim? Maybe your point is: drifting with simplified physics = kids using all aids even while racing = ruined pubblic online lobbies. It's a good point, but drifting can't be "unrealistic", the driving model and aids can.

Anyway while Kunos is producing a great sim they also need to try to make a living. All the stuff I've seen so far AC looks still the one with best physics.So I have no problems with aids, I can always turn them off.

You missed the point of that post by a country mile.

*whoosh*

Awesome picture of a custom F1 rig released by Kunos on their FB:
MKiwU.jpg

Back