Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,088,406 views
- Hide steer option
Finally!!!

These guys are really doing their jobs looking at the above post. Good for them, AC is shaping up to be a great sim.
 
Here I leave you three drag races of 1000m between the McLaren MP4-12C vs Ferrari 458 Italia; Pagani Zonda R vs Zonda R and BMW M3 GT2 vs BMW Z4 GT3, and after each race also its repetition.


​
 
Anyone see evidence of update v0.61 and 0.62? According to AC's site they are out.
 
I haven't booted up in a while, but last time I booted the game I believe it said .61 for version #. So I don't doubt it'd be .62 once you load it.
 
I took this today. I had to press print screen to get a screen shot and I couldn't set up my camera at all. Is this the way we are supposed to take pictures? Any one found another way?


1075403_10152179148050498_905714376_o.jpg
 
I haven't found a snapshot button or a free look mode.
 
You have to activate developer tools outside of the game, and then it will show up on your right side expandable hud within the game. Youtube "how to enable assetto corsa photo mode."
 
Well it has Nordschleife and a bunch of cars so there still is a need for gran turismo.
 
Well it has Nordschleife and a bunch of cars so there still is a need for gran turismo.


I mean when the nurburgring comes to AC and the Ruf. Sorry if I didn't cleared that. GT6 is definitely needed when it comes to nurburgring alone. There's nothing like it when it comes to accuracy IMO.
 
Simvibe has a update for AC. I havent tried it yet though.
 
I mean when the nurburgring comes to AC and the Ruf. Sorry if I didn't cleared that. GT6 is definitely needed when it comes to nurburgring alone. There's nothing like it when it comes to accuracy IMO.

It's a good thing that the first DLC is probably gonna be Nordschleife along with a nice car pack ;)
 
It's a good thing that the first DLC is probably gonna be Nordschleife along with a nice car pack ;)

I thought the first DLC is going to be the SLS, MP4 12c GT3, and Laferrari? But I think they're giving those for free for all the early access player, but I'm not sure.
 
Laferrari is for free for those who preordered as the first DLC in the release of the game, I am not too sure if there will be other cars along with it.
 
So you are saying I will be getting Nordschleife for free? Any source for that?
 
So you are saying I will be getting Nordschleife for free? Any source for that?
No maybe I confused you a bit. The first track DLC will be Nordschleife and it will be early in the game. Laferrari will come at release of the game for free for those who have pre-ordered, but I don't know anything else about it, if it's coming with a car pack or not.
 
I'm hoping the current cars (plus the LaFerrari) and the current tracks aren't all that's going to be included in 1.0. I'll still feel like I got my money's worth, but it doesn't seem like enough content to make the DLC kind of feel like a cash grab. I know we are supposed to get a break on the first DLC, but still...
 
You can see all the content that will be in 1.0 on yhe official site. I still think the price is bit steep but it is the only pc sim I would play so it was worth it.
 
How's the price steep? rFactor was 40€ 6 years after its release, dunno what rFactor 2 costs right now.
It's cheaper than your regular full price game.
 
You can see all the content that will be in 1.0 on yhe official site. I still think the price is bit steep but it is the only pc sim I would play so it was worth it.
Cool deal, looks like a there is some more content to come in 1.0, as well as the other modes being finished, so I'm pretty good with that.
 
How's the price steep? rFactor was 40€ 6 years after its release, dunno what rFactor 2 costs right now.
It's cheaper than your regular full price game.


Last time I checked it was 40 something for a year and 80 for lifetime...

I wonder how much will AC cost on full price. Being this is a very good sim that challenge Iracing. I hope it won't be having $100+ price tag..
 
A few laps in the Ferrari 458 Monza with the new Thrustmaster wheel and test the real-time telemetry and position.

 
I finally found the right settings for my pad, the game feels so amazing now.
Every corner is a challenge, but also rewarding. A clean lap feels gives you tingling sensations...
Now I just need my GPU to finally race against the AI grr.
 
How's the price steep? rFactor was 40€ 6 years after its release, dunno what rFactor 2 costs right now.
It's cheaper than your regular full price game.
Rfactor2 lifetime costs $85

Project cars has around 50 cars and 40 tracks. The price is stated to be the normal price of a boxed game.

AC will cost 45€.
 
Just in case there's a misunderstanding: With the bottom sentence I meant Assetto Corsa.
I don't see where 45€ are steep, it's a normal price and absolutely worth it.
 
It does cost 35€ at the moment and has been lower than that. Not sure what the problem is.
 
pCARS is also developed by a team of ~100 (EDIT: That's the size of Slightly Mad Studios) people with a huge financial, crowdfunded backing.
It's also not using laser scanned tracks, which cost a lot of time and money to make.
I still don't see how Assetto Corsa is too expensive.
 
Back